Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Events

Old 09-19-2016, 06:20 PM   #1
FFR Events
How eventful...
Sectional ModeratorEvent StaffFFR Veteran

Default Event Requirements & Official Backing of User Events

For the longest time, there were only a set of rules for hosting tournaments, and not just general events. This has left us with events either that were not run well, or abandoned, so I’d like to make these rules apply to all events. This thread will also introduce official backing for user run events, as well as the requirements to obtain official backing.

General Event Hosting Requirements

Before you create a event, you must:

-Have at least 100 posts (these must be posts with some substance, instances of postwhoring just to make the requirement will not be tolerated). We have this requirement in place to ensure you have a fair understanding of the forums and community prior to hosting an event. Events also seem to be more successful when the community is familiar with you as well.
-Have been a member for at least 2 months on the site. This is also to ensure that you’ve spent enough time on the site to be familiar enough to host events here.

-If you do not meet the requirements of 100 posts or 2 months on the site, an exception may be made if you’re running the event alongside a member who does meet these requirements.

-Have a prize for the winner(s). You may not rely solely on donations for your event. You must have a prize you can pay out on your own, or obtain official backing prior to starting.

-If your event requires a credit buy-in, you will be expected to not spend, transfer or use, in any way, the credits you have received for the event. Your transactions will be watched closely - bans and/or other disciplinary actions will be issued for any fraud or dishonest activity, and credits will be returned to their rightful owners. If we think you are doing something dishonest, we have the right to take action against you. NO exceptions.
*Only Veteran users may host a tournament with a buy-in. There may be exceptions to this if you receive permission from any administrator.*

It is recommended that you have participated in at least one other successful event so that you understand how they work and how they should be ran.

Event threads will not be viewable until approved by a staff member.

Official Backing Information and Requirements

I am very excited to introduce to you official backing for user run events. Events that are officially backed are “sponsored” by Event Staff. As a result of official backing, users running events will have the opportunity to obtain credits, as well as token prizes from staff to hand out for their events. I hope this will encourage more user events to be run, as well as more people to participate in these events.

Requirements

To obtain official backing you must:

-Have run at least one successful event in the past 12 months.

-Be a member for a minimum of 6 months to ensure you really have a good grasp on how events should be run.

-Have a minimum of 200 posts.

-Not have a failed event in the last year.

(Exceptions may be considered in the event of someone coming from another community where they’ve run events before, or if the event is being run with another person who meets the requirements. This will be at the moderator’s discretion.)

Guidelines:

-You may only request official backing every 3 months. We don’t want to oversaturate the community with the prizes.

-Be reasonable in your requests; don’t ask us to back you for some insane amount of credits or an excessive amount of tokens.

-Limit how many tokens you’re requesting; we don’t want to release too many at a time.

-Token prizes you may request for your events are: The Wises Were Wrong, FREEDOM DiVE, Coactive (Over My Shoulder), Tell V3, Dendrite v2, The Bridgeport Run, Touhou Judgement in the Sixtieth Year, and Bedtime Story. Official tournament specific tokens and VROFL are NOT available for user run events.

-You may select specific tokens to offer for your event, or you may just state for example that 1st place in D2 will receive their choice of token from that list above.

-Prizes as a result of official backing will not be changed after approval.

-Requested credits will be sent to your account to distribute, token prizes will be handed out by a member of event staff at conclusion of the event. Hosts of officially backed events are held accountable for all prizes requested in their initial post; credits not appropriately handed out will be debited from the tournament host’s account (or split over two accounts in the case of co-hosting).

How to request official backing:

-When creating your thread, add (Official Backing Request) to your title. This will let the approving moderator know you are seeking official backing, and will be edited out prior to approval.

-In your prize section, note the prizes you’re looking to obtain from us. If what you have is acceptable, we will approve your thread. If there is an issue, we will reach out via PM to resolve it.

Users attempting to abuse the official backing system in any way will become unable to host officially backed events in the future, at the discretion of staff. Severity will dictate the punishment, leading up to a forum ban.
FFR Events is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 09:39 PM   #2
TheSaxRunner05
The Doctor
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Event Requirements & Official Backing of User Events

This seems cool, I'll consider if I get back into the game again.
I've just been occasionally lurking lately.

TheSaxRunner05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 11:19 PM   #3
Deidara837
For a New Beginning
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Ooh, perhaps I could get something to work for extended rivalry participation (though this would involve having a lower division rivalry running as well)

_9th OT: D2 - 13th Place
10th OT: D5 - 45th Place
11th OT: D6 - 12th Place

EMG Rivalry | EMG Spreadsheet
Deidara837 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 06:53 AM   #4
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

Has anyone ever considered making a way to host tournaments and events through the website itself? People could even submit the credits directly to the prize pool etc.

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/tournament/ code seems pretty nice, could probably do it to a similar style as that. I haven't really been around actively for a long time so that's the first time I've ever seen it, I'm only imagining it's new.. Shoutout to whoever made it though, looks great + works really well, lot's of low key features.

Also that reminds me.. is it true that in October, they reskin this site with an orange halloween theme? To be honest I'm so hyped for that lol, I've never personally seen it but i've seen references to it in random spots (flashflashrevolution.com/Images, for example). Mad hype, can't wait lol.. that makes me think.. I should set up a way to customize the CSS for FFR, you could do alot with simple CSS, for example a nice dark theme would be cool..

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...yle.css?v=0.47

Also psycho sorry for not submitting any scores in your DragonsFury tourney I blame school D:
Dinglesberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 07:33 AM   #5
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinglesberry View Post
Has anyone ever considered making a way to host tournaments and events through the website itself? People could even submit the credits directly to the prize pool etc.

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/tournament/ code seems pretty nice, could probably do it to a similar style as that. I haven't really been around actively for a long time so that's the first time I've ever seen it, I'm only imagining it's new.. Shoutout to whoever made it though, looks great + works really well, lot's of low key features.

Also that reminds me.. is it true that in October, they reskin this site with an orange halloween theme? To be honest I'm so hyped for that lol, I've never personally seen it but i've seen references to it in random spots (flashflashrevolution.com/Images, for example). Mad hype, can't wait lol.. that makes me think.. I should set up a way to customize the CSS for FFR, you could do alot with simple CSS, for example a nice dark theme would be cool..

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...yle.css?v=0.47

Also psycho sorry for not submitting any scores in your DragonsFury tourney I blame school D:
The tournament dashboard is not new and has been in use since the 5th official, there was already discussion of the possibility of a public one a while ago.

But anyway, none of this is really relevant to this thread since this is about the rules and official backing. I'd really prefer if this stays focused on those please. Other suggestions should go to the suggestion thread.

Last edited by psychoangel691; 09-20-2016 at 07:58 AM..
psychoangel691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 11:54 AM   #6
Deadlyx39
FFR Player

Awesome new rule set Psycho, I'm actually really interested to see how tournaments and events will use official backing, but I actually have some questions:

• Can you add a defined minimum tournament prize number? For example: "You must have a prize of at least 10k credits to host your tournament"

• Alternatively, if someone can't host a tourney since they don't have 10k credits, could someone host a tournament where the official backing be the entire prize?

Just a couple thoughts I had while reading it over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Blaster View Post
Why should I care about this thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
whats in it for me
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizz13114 View Post
Fun times and meme sluts
Quote:
ew meme sluts
ew fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
do you realize how asinine all of your posts are
Quote:
i would also like to take this opportunity to shout out deadlyx39

on the one hand i feel as though your absence from these forums is a shelled victory for all ffr forumites however after careful examination of my internal feeling apparatus i have come to the conclusion that i do in fact miss your posts

[...]

come back

i need to laugh at you

once more

Last edited by Deadlyx39; 09-20-2016 at 11:56 AM..
Deadlyx39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 12:50 PM   #7
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

woohoo!!

rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 01:09 PM   #8
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadlyx39 View Post
Awesome new rule set Psycho, I'm actually really interested to see how tournaments and events will use official backing, but I actually have some questions:

• Can you add a defined minimum tournament prize number? For example: "You must have a prize of at least 10k credits to host your tournament"

• Alternatively, if someone can't host a tourney since they don't have 10k credits, could someone host a tournament where the official backing be the entire prize?

Just a couple thoughts I had while reading it over.
A minimum may not be a bad idea to add, I'll bounce that around with the rest of the team and see what everyone thinks. The 2nd part is already answered in the post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoangel691 View Post
-Have a prize for the winner(s). You may not rely solely on donations for your event. You must have a prize you can pay out on your own, or obtain official backing prior to starting.

Last edited by psychoangel691; 09-20-2016 at 01:17 PM..
psychoangel691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 04:51 PM   #9
Deadlyx39
FFR Player

I must've read it wrong, thanks for clarifying that for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Blaster View Post
Why should I care about this thread
Quote:
whats in it for me
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizz13114 View Post
Fun times and meme sluts
Quote:
ew meme sluts
ew fun

Quote:
do you realize how asinine all of your posts are
Quote:
i would also like to take this opportunity to shout out deadlyx39

on the one hand i feel as though your absence from these forums is a shelled victory for all ffr forumites however after careful examination of my internal feeling apparatus i have come to the conclusion that i do in fact miss your posts

[...]

come back

i need to laugh at you

once more

Deadlyx39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 06:07 PM   #10
Xtreme2252
Jumpstreams Suck
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Xtreme2252 Send a message via MSN to Xtreme2252 Send a message via Yahoo to Xtreme2252 Send a message via Skype™ to Xtreme2252

This is kind of interesting. Maybe I'll have to consider doing an event one of these days.
Xtreme2252 is offline   Reply With Quote