Old 12-22-2002, 10:33 AM   #41
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

some sort of scrolling thing cuz im really getting pissed trying to count the beats bugs are on while playing
Old 12-26-2002, 01:02 AM   #42
Cha0ster
FFR Player

hey, i'm relaly new but after a day of playin i came up with some ideas... i looked though adn doesnt seem like anyone said anything about these:

1. i think putting a little banner ad or something small at the top or bottom of the site would bring in some money, and those really dont bother many people... its mostly the popups that are annoying. maybe something with PS2 games or ddr stuff, ad for something would bring in revenue.

2. i was looking and couldnt find anything about making levels. having some sort of a level editor and a place where the really good players (or just the curious players like me) can try out beats to their own music would make things more interesitng, and probably help you out in making levels... 1000 people making levels would haev to make at least a couple good ones that you could incorporate into new versions.

3. for each level, i htink there should be a little part thats randomized, instead of having the possibility for a whole level to be memorized. some of my friends (very crazy programmer people) edited ddr cds to randomize certain spots to a beat, so they could put in more style. i think putting in randomized spots would make it more interesting and harder.

4. to make things even harder... (lol, im not even any good at ffr) possibly for the very difficult levels (like piano) have fore-ground black circles that bounce around and block the arrows. haha, thatd be interesting...

5. maybe fore the future, pulling away from ddr which is limited to <v^>, you could have a hexagon type like TYHBVF and that could lead to two players like WEDXZA and IOL<MJ and so on...

yea im hungry so im gonna go... newb out

(sorry if my post is messy, i dont get allt he buttons at the top)
Old 12-29-2002, 09:03 AM   #43
keitaro
FFR Player

all i want to suggest is some crono cross musik!! 8)
Old 12-29-2002, 05:26 PM   #44
Jaims
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Jaims

I have to say that online tag action would be the best, meaning you say you want to dance with a partner, then get put on a "wait list" until someone else from over in internet-land clicks the link also. Then, the two get paired up, they pick a song, dance to the same song over an online connection and see what their score is. Oh, even better!!!! They don't team up, instead they challenge one another!! Yeah, last one standing or the best score wins!!! Imagiine a dance duel to fast piano.....wow, thats what remix #2 needs!!!
Old 12-29-2002, 06:36 PM   #45
zonepower
FFR Player

Default my suggestions

in FFR, it's actually very hard to learn to play songs, so i suggest that make a speed control option, so that we can learn how to play songs like chrono trigger and piano.

looking forward to the remix 8)
Old 12-31-2002, 10:31 AM   #46
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

pleasy please make different difficulty levels ive beaten evry song i no its not like i got a full combo through all of them but i dont care i just want more hard songs to beat!
Old 01-1-2003, 08:40 PM   #47
Synthlight
Administrator
Founder, System Administrator
AdministratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

There will be much more difficult songs in FFR Remix #2

Cheers,

Synthlight
Old 01-4-2003, 04:05 PM   #48
The_Voice
FFR Player

Default The ultimate expansion

Although this could be difficult, a cool thing to do, would be to develop (as mentioned before) A "Step editor" where players could import MP3's/WAVs/whatever sound file they want, edit a potential background (not necessary really), and design the steps for the song. Once done, the edited stage could be saved as a ".ffr" file. Users could put their customised songs on the web, or upload them here, and others could download them, and add them to a list of stages they have acquired from others doing the same.

Think about it, websites that carry tonnes of stages of user mixed stuff. Sure, some of it would be crappy, but then some of it would be really good. Look at other games where you can design stages and stuff. Freedom Force had characters floating about the web that people could download. I know that I would have fun putting my fave songs into FFR.

If this is possible, it would be incredibly cool.
Old 01-11-2003, 11:18 PM   #49
muzzyterry
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to muzzyterry
Default Can you make FFR a two player game?

I hope you guys can make FFR a two player game in which two friends can compete with each other on the same screen either on one single computer or two different ones. I think the game would be much cooler if you can play with someone else at the same time.
Old 01-19-2003, 02:21 PM   #50
nowhere-man
FFR Player

hmmm I play a lot of ddr and one thing that makes it easier to read the arrows is giving them different colors. i.e. the quarter notes are yellow, eigths are blue, sixteenths are purple. Definately do this for FFR. This would make it much easier to play because it is hard to tell when certain arrows are doubles, or just a set of 2 fast notes.
Old 01-19-2003, 07:01 PM   #51
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhere-man
This would make it much easier to play because it is hard to tell when certain arrows are doubles, or just a set of 2 fast notes.
alot that are supposed to be doubles arent, especially in dance1
Old 01-20-2003, 10:13 AM   #52
bob2k3
FFR Player

Hey,

Can you add soundtrack music likes Star Wars ...
a category soundtrack
Old 01-24-2003, 01:21 PM   #53
NessTormented
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to NessTormented Send a message via AIM to NessTormented Send a message via MSN to NessTormented Send a message via Yahoo to NessTormented
Default gfd

A problem that would arise with two player would be multi-key functions. Most keyboards i have seen/used are retarded and screw up when you hit like 3 buttons at one time... Maybe one player could be a bit offset and offbeat so they dont have to hit the keys at the exact same time or something...

Another suggestion is to be able to turn off the animations in the background...While i was playing zelda level, the stupid screenies of zelda kept slowing my computer down, but on blank levels, it didnt. There should also be the option to turn off all sound just in case players are idiots.

I also think there should be an option to gow through a song slower and lower the bpm, weird as it sounds, so i can finally beat that damned faster pianist!

Edit for NekkoChan!: I also think there should be a way to pause the damn game! i cant recall how many times ive been playing and a retarded popup hits the screen so i lose.
Old 01-25-2003, 03:28 AM   #54
comet_11
FFR Player

Okay. To start with I'm running a celeron 400 and looking at the FAQ section (one or two of the questions are "how can I make it go faster?" or similar) I see that other people have problems with speed like I do.

What I propose is that there be four, rather than three quality settings. quality 4, 3 and 2 are the standard flash graphics settings. Quality 1 (or my-pc-is-a-pocket-calculator mode) would turn off a few things. Firstly, it would only allow static backgrounds (8-Bit Eighties or Stay With Me (unlikely)). It would also turn off all transparencies, such as the arrows when they hit the break point or the average/perfect/great popup.

I'm sure there are a lot of other modifications that someone with more flash knowledge than me could make to speed up the game, but these should make almost all the songs on the site playable on my 400, and probably allow a lot of people with slow computers to play the game.

I agree with others about some kind of creator program so people can make tracks that they can upload easily, I don't know if flash is capable of accessing the hard disk, but if so being able to load your own custom files would be great.

Also, some kind of feature to help you learn the tracks. Like in some I can do the whole track except for one or two moves that I keep messing up. Some kind of practice mode that let you freeze the track or rewind it to a certain point. Perhaps even a 'view' mode that lets you see a zoomed out map of the arrow track without music or movement.

I realise it must take a hell of a lot of work to make something like this, probably even more to implement all the features people ask for. Thanks for making such a great game, I'm really looking forward to remix #2.
Old 01-26-2003, 04:18 AM   #55
SqFKYo
FFR Player

Default Re: gfd

Quote:
Originally Posted by NessTormented
A problem that would arise with two player would be multi-key functions. Most keyboards i have seen/used are retarded and screw up when you hit like 3 buttons at one time... Maybe one player could be a bit offset and offbeat so they dont have to hit the keys at the exact same time or something...
Because of this I hope you won't make step charts where you have to push 3-4 buttons at the same same time before it'll be possible to redefine the keys.

My suggestion: If it's be possible, could you include ddr song "Nori, Nori, Nori"?
Old 01-26-2003, 10:21 AM   #56
Synthlight
Administrator

Comet_11,

Some great suggestions there. Some of the speed concerns and other issues will be addressed in R2. Some of the other features you talked about will take awhile to come up with. The development team is.. well.. very very small and we donate our free time. This is currently a freeware type of project in that sense has limited resources. We will continue working on FFR and continue updating as often as possible. All we ask for in return is patience from everyone while we try to pull new versions/features together.

This thread btw has been a great resource of what to implement and what people want to see changed.

Cheers,

Synthlight
Old 01-27-2003, 03:39 AM   #57
comet_11
FFR Player

Thanks, it's always great to hear your requests listened to. I totally understand about the features/time thing. It's not as if FFR is produced by some huge company paying 10 coders to work 9-5 on it. If it was I doubt it would be free.

I definitely appreciate what you and the dev team have made so far, as it is the only DDR style game that will actually run on my computer (or should I say paperweight?). Being a DDR addict and unable to play DDR is a sad thing indeed.
Old 01-27-2003, 08:43 AM   #58
NessTormented
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to NessTormented Send a message via AIM to NessTormented Send a message via MSN to NessTormented Send a message via Yahoo to NessTormented

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlight
Comet_11,

Some great suggestions there. Some of the speed concerns and other issues will be addressed in R2. Some of the other features you talked about will take awhile to come up with. The development team is.. well.. very very small and we donate our free time. This is currently a freeware type of project in that sense has limited resources. We will continue working on FFR and continue updating as often as possible. All we ask for in return is patience from everyone while we try to pull new versions/features together.

This thread btw has been a great resource of what to implement and what people want to see changed.

Cheers,

Synthlight
If you are to be need of the help, i am to sure that many of the people onto ffr would be to help, since i like to do more flash, i could be helping too. If the team is small, maybe reqruiting you could do, so there would be a bigger for a team and more speed of the work.

Thank you too.

Ness(orY)
Old 01-31-2003, 07:29 AM   #59
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author

Default Re: OFFICIAL FEATURE REQUEST FOR FFR REMIX #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlight
*Please do not say "Make X feature more like DDR". FFR is not DDR
That's a good one. Too bad how the game is an exact copy of DDR with fingers, minus the crap miss system. Trying to say FFR is it's own game is just moronic and anyone who agrees with ffr being it's own game is even more retarded and needs to get shot or something. It's a clone of DDR and it's extremely hard to deny it.
Old 01-31-2003, 08:55 AM   #60
Synthlight
Administrator

So you are saying that I am a retarded moron and I need to be shot?
Closed Thread