Old 10-9-2013, 02:51 AM   #1
drizzleRomanceGirl
rain of memories...
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to drizzleRomanceGirl
Talking Adventure-Based Role-Playing Game!

Hello everyone! I decided to make-up my own RPG (role-playing game) for fun, and I hope a lot of people join and have a lot of fun! The name of the game itself is called Adventure, and the country of the game setting is called Letters. Also, the currency in this game is called sharps, and health will be referred to as hearts. Note: mana/magic power is unlimited and magicians will never run out of mana; however, archers will have to buy arrows in shops in addition to bows.

This RPG is based mostly on adventure, and not on action. There are plenty of ways to play the game and have fun, including (but not limited to) : becoming an assassin who can kill other players, gambling in every town, killing monsters for sharps and experience, adventuring into new regions, becoming a merchant who bargains with other players, and even collecting rare rings which give many kinds of unique bonuses. In addition, please tell me what personality your character has because I will try to create a dialogue among your characters and other NPCs, as well as a story while you adventure throughout the game. Furthermore, you only move in one direction once a day, and you must tell me whether you would like to move east, west, south, or north once per day.

Rules and Game Manual:
1. You may only have one character at a time.
2. If your character dies, then you stay dead and must create a new character.
3. In addition, if your character dies, all your items, weapons, armor, rings, experience level, etc. will be lost and you will have to start over completely with a new character.
4. All players start in the same place and *must* choose their class at the beginning of the game. You are not allowed to change your class with that same character. However, if your character dies, then you are welcome to choose another class for your new character.
5. You will only learn about a region and its effects once you enter that region.
6. You may have unlimited rings and the bonuses will all be added to your character (unless you die and they disappear).
7. Once a ring is picked up, it will disappear from that area and the player will own it until he or she dies.
8. If a player dies (or he or she quits the game), then all of his or her rings will be redistributed to different parts of the map again.
9. More dangerous regions will have better rings, a more expensive but better quality selection of items (plus some unique items found only in a specific shop in the country of Letters), and more powerful monsters.
10. Monsters will ONLY appear for fighting classes (e.g. archers, warriors, magicians, and assassins).
11. The classes are fire mages and water mages (who fight with magic only and learn magic mostly from experience), archers (who fight with bows and arrows and must buy both arrows and bows from shops), warriors (who fight with swords and must buy swords from shops), assassins (who attack other players as well as monsters and need to buy daggers from shops), merchants (who don't ever encounter monsters and are able to bargain with other players to make a profit), and politicians (who don't ever run into monsters and try to influence the government of the towns of different regions to change something about a town).
12. You start out with 100 sharps and 10 hearts for your character.
13. Your hearts are refilled every time you visit a town of any region.
14. For fighting classes only, a monster will have a 50% chance of appearing once per day.
15. The game Adventure has four seasons (summer, spring, autumn, and winter), and each season lasts one week in real life. Summer and winter are dangerous and you will lose one heart a day during these seasons (unless you are in a safezone e.g. a town).
16. Once we start this game, if you don't post the direction you're moving after I post the results of that day, then you will stay in the same place without anything happening, and you will not encounter any monsters.
17. Monsters and regional effects do not apply while a player is in a town.
18. Once you're in a town, until you leave the town, you are inside a safezone, and you may continue to stay inside the town for as long as you would like (in case you're taking a break from the game for awhile).
19. Only assassins are allowed to attack other players. Also, another player may not attack an assassin unless the assassin attacks first.
20. Anyone may join this game at any time in the future, even awhile after the game starts.
21. All percentages will be handled objectively by me using http://www.random.org/ for the percentages.
22. There are some secrets you will have to find out for yourself. ^.^
23. Everyone has an unlimited inventory with an endless backpack that always stays the same size. ^.^ Everyone can carry as many items as they receive, so there's no limit.
24. Red potions heal 5 hearts, and each potion can only be used once. In addition, you *must* request to use a potion before or after a battle. The character will not automatically drink the potion during battle even if his or her hearts are low, so please remember to drink a potion when you're moderately low on health.

Sign-ups start right away!

If you have any questions or need any clarification, please don't hesitate to ask, and I will be happy to answer your questions and add them to the original post (this post).

The day will end at 8:00 p.m. server time every day, and if you don't state a direction to move or any other choices like drinking a red potion, the new day will still start at the aforementioned time.

Concerning monsters: You have a 50% chance of encountering a monster (only if you're a fighting class), and you have a 75% chance of your attack connecting with the monster. The monster will deal one heart of damage every time you hit a monster or try to hit a monster until it dies.

Concerning levels and damage: You start at level 1, and you gain a level whenever you defeat the number of monsters equal to your level. For example, you only need to defeat one monster at level 1 to reach level 2, and you need to defeat five monsters at level 5 to reach level 6.

Concerning sharps: You may spend your sharps at towns, and you start out with 100 sharps. You generally receive sharps by killing monsters, and you receive as many sharps as the hearts of the monster, which get higher as the regions are more dangerous.

Note: Awhile ago, I said that anyone could teleport at any time back to the last visited town, but I changed my mind because in my opinion the game would be a lot less interesting that way. However, the bazaar owner now sells town scrolls to Evergreens, which enable you to teleport back to Evergreens at any time! In addition, each scroll disappears after one use, so you may want to be careful when using them. It costs 30 sharps, and anyone is welcome to buy them.

Concerning classes:

For the fighting classes: Water Mages attack with water-based magic and encounter monsters, Fire Mages attack with fire-based magic and also encounter monsters, warriors attack with a sword and a shield or two swords (depending on whether you would like defense or extra attack) and also encounter monsters, archers attack with a bow and a limited number of arrows which you have to purchase to buy more of (but they give extra attack) and also encounter monsters, and assassins attack with two daggers which give a little more attack damage than normal, can encounter monsters, and may attack other players when in the same area on the map. In addition, you may not run away from monsters if you are a fighting class.

For the non-fighting classes: merchants may buy special items in towns that other classes cannot, and may sell anything they wish to other players including arrows, red potions, swords, magical rings found throughout the country, and those special items only merchants can buy such as food (which heal more hearts than a red potion), and blue potions (which will revive the user if he or she dies and heal up to five hearts, and politicians may go to different towns and try to persuade a town to make certain changes. In addition, assassins may not attack players who are either merchants or politicians.

Participants:

1. Xiz - Politician: 10/10 hearts and 81 sharps

Items and Equipment: cow

2. HalfStep - Archer: 8/11 hearts and 20 sharps; Level 2 (^, ^, ^)

Items and Equipment: bow and 47 arrows (2 hearts per hit), 1 red potion

3. MracY (Marik) - Politician: 10/10 hearts and 300 sharps

Items and Equipment: N/A

4. yo man im awesome (Ignatius Flamebearer III "Iggy") - Warrior: 9/11 hearts and 40 sharps; Level 2, 1 exp (<, v, >)

Items and Equipment: broadsword (2 hearts per hit), 1 red potion

5. DarkManticoreX2

6. clasko1000

7. runescapedude1126 (Rukde) - Politician: 10/10 hearts and 100 sharps

8. Guest15937 (Lucien) - Warrior: 9/11 hearts and 60 sharps; Level 2 (<, v, >, >, ^), 1 exp

Items and Equipment: 2 one-handed swords (2 hearts together per hit), 1 red potion

9. James May (John Doe) - Merchant: 10/10 hearts and 40 sharps (^, ^)

Items and Equipment: 2 hammers, 1 dagger

10. alloyus - Warrior: : 8/11 hearts and 40 sharps; Level 2 (^)

Items and Equipment: 2 one-handed swords (2 hearts together per hit)

11. Elmerz - Warrior: 4/12 hearts and 60 sharps; Level 3 (<, v, >, >, ^)

Items and Equipment: broadsword (2 hearts per hit), 1 red potion

12. justin_ator (Xyr) - Fire Mage: 11/12 hearts and 140 sharps; Level 3 (<, <, <, <)

13. danceflashrevo (R3ce) - Assassin: 10/10 hearts and 20 sharps; Level 1

Items and Equipment: 2 daggers

14. soramimi

15. gold stinger (Bazan) - Merchant: 10/10 hearts and 0 sharps

Items and Equipment: 2 blue potions

16. Tim Allen - Assassin: 10/10 hearts and 100 sharps

my discord username is drizzleRomanceGirl0706 in case anyone wants to message me

Division 5 2nd place

Quote:
Originally Posted by hosua View Post
Oh, I thought it was just my internet this whole time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
Also that triple post is almost as delicious as a hot, fresh, Domino's pizza.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
can y'all take a break and kiss
(the first section of this chapter)

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/5125582...sokyo-no-Jinja

Last edited by drizzleRomanceGirl; 10-26-2013 at 04:01 PM..
drizzleRomanceGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-9-2013, 03:27 AM   #2
Xiz
TWG Chaos
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz
Default Re: Adventure-Based Role-Playing Game!

This seems like fun. In xD

Xiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-9-2013, 03:27 AM   #3
drizzleRomanceGirl
rain of memories...
FFR Veteran

Smile Re: Adventure-Based Role-Playing Game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
This seems like fun. In xD
Welcome to Adventure!

my discord username is drizzleRomanceGirl0706 in case anyone wants to message me

Division 5 2nd place

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by drizzleRomanceGirl; 10-9-2013 at 03:33 AM..
Old 10-9-2013, 03:35 AM   #4
HalfStep
Can't AAA anything
FFR Veteran

Sounds interesting, in aswell.

4th Official Tournament - D1 34th Place
5th Official Tournament - D3 Last Place
8th Official Tournament - D3 3rd Place
TSR's Summer Golf Tournament - D4 2nd Place
FFR Multiplayer Tournament 2013 - D5 12th Place
YoshL's Tournament of Mediocrity - 2nd Place
TSR's Rates Tournament - Standard 2nd Place
DRG's Team Tournament - Intermediate 1st Place
9th Official FFR Tournament - D5 35th Place

HalfStep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-9-2013, 03:36 AM   #5
drizzleRomanceGirl
rain of memories...
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfStep View Post
Sounds interesting, in aswell.
Welcome to this RPG! ^.^

Division 5 2nd place

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 10-9-2013, 06:43 AM   #6
alloyus
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
FFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

14/20 are essentially the same. Will think about this.

^FFP_D0pey btw
alloyus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-9-2013, 10:41 AM   #7
MracY
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I'll play for a bit, but only if I needn't spend more than 5 minutes a day on this, and only if you promise to make this actually interesting.
MracY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-9-2013, 12:12 PM   #8
yo man im awesome
soleil ardent
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MracY View Post
I'll play for a bit, but only if I needn't spend more than 5 minutes a day on this, and only if you promise to make this actually interesting.
I have a feeling Drizzle will do a great job. If you remember her tournament, she did fantastic work keeping as many people involved as possible as often as possible. I don't doubt her ability to keep this interesting.

That being said, what the hell I'll join. I need more time-wasters in my life, obviously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
you double dad loving dipshit
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.
yo man im awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-9-2013, 12:18 PM   #9
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

Sure, I have a character in mind I've been dying to try out for something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
DarkManticoreX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-9-2013, 12:37 PM   #10
drizzleRomanceGirl
rain of memories...
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by alloyus View Post
14/20 are essentially the same. Will think about this.
What do you mean by 14/20? In any case, thanks for considering to play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MracY View Post
For the most part, you only need to send me what personality you would like your character to have in the beginning, and you only have to post which direction you would like to move once a day. However, there are some areas you may only access with certain items that need to be bought. In this case, you would have to choose a different direction by the end of the day, or else you would stay in the same place for that day. The only time you might want to do something besides moving in a direction is when you go into a shop and would like to buy items (this is not required though). ^.^ I hope you have fun, and welcome to the game Adventure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo man im awesome View Post
I have a feeling Drizzle will do a great job. If you remember her tournament, she did fantastic work keeping as many people involved as possible as often as possible. I don't doubt her ability to keep this interesting.

That being said, what the hell I'll join. I need more time-wasters in my life, obviously.
Thank you. Welcome to the game Adventure! ^.^

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkManticoreX2 View Post
Sure, I have a character in mind I've been dying to try out for something.
Welcome to the game Adventure!

Division 5 2nd place

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by drizzleRomanceGirl; 10-9-2013 at 01:39 PM..
Old 10-9-2013, 12:44 PM   #11
alloyus
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Talking about the game manual

^FFP_D0pey btw
Old 10-9-2013, 12:48 PM   #12
drizzleRomanceGirl
rain of memories...
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Talking about the game manual
Oh, I see. Do you have any suggestions to make the game more in-depth?

Division 5 2nd place

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 10-9-2013, 12:52 PM   #13
alloyus
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trust question out of nowhere, would at least have to see how it ends up playing out at first to get a better idea of what it's actually like but I dunno o.o

^FFP_D0pey btw
Old 10-9-2013, 01:00 PM   #14
drizzleRomanceGirl
rain of memories...
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Trust question out of nowhere, would at least have to see how it ends up playing out at first to get a better idea of what it's actually like but I dunno o.o
Okay.

Division 5 2nd place

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 10-9-2013, 03:13 PM   #15
clasko1000
Ima Twans
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to clasko1000

Ill play, My weekends on this site are scarce, but ill try to make it online. Ill be on 5 days during the week for sure.

Do you have a start date?

Best AAA's | Slam the door(61) Scars Left By Time(62) What Lies Beyond The Mountains(62)

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerald000 View Post
I'll take some more free boosters please.
Quote:
please do the community a favor
http://ffr.wikia.com/wiki/FAQ
clasko1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-9-2013, 03:43 PM   #16
runescapedude1126
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Count me in

Best AAA'S: {Midnight}, {Rose}, Szamar Madar, Vertex BETA
runescapedude1126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-9-2013, 03:55 PM   #17
MracY
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzleRomanceGirl View Post
Oh, I see. Do you have any suggestions to make the game more in-depth?
You can try and download a D&D 3E rulebook to get some more ideas.
MracY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-9-2013, 04:21 PM   #18
Guest15937
One-handed elite
FFR Veteran

In
Old 10-9-2013, 10:04 PM   #19
drizzleRomanceGirl
rain of memories...
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by clasko1000 View Post
Ill play, My weekends on this site are scarce, but ill try to make it online. Ill be on 5 days during the week for sure.

Do you have a start date?
Okay, welcome to the game Adventure! I'll probably start in a few days, but I'm not sure exactly when. ^.^

Quote:
Originally Posted by runescapedude1126 View Post
Count me in
Welcome to the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest15937 View Post
In
Welcome to Adventure! ^.^

Division 5 2nd place

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Old 10-9-2013, 10:14 PM   #20
yo man im awesome
soleil ardent
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Question, are you creating a legitimate map to go along with our movements, or how are we deciding the general region of where we are?

Quote:
you double dad loving dipshit
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.
yo man im awesome is offline   Reply With Quote