Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk > Bug Reports and Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2010, 04:02 PM   #141
LoneW0lf
ʕ·͡ᴥ·ʔ Bears ʕ·͡ᴥ·ʔ
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Skill Token Suggestion

Someone needs to get an admin looking at this thread =P
Old 12-23-2010, 09:10 PM   #142
foxfire667
The FFRchiver
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneHandNow View Post
You guys should remember that only a handful of people (<1000) are actually involved in skill token whoring.. if not less than 500.. Hell, I don't even think 90% of FFR players know about skill tokens.. it's really no big deal.

Make uberharddumbashell tokens, doesn't matter.
Make newbie tokens that require an Excite Bike AAA, doesn't matter.

But having more content (aka tokens) = always better.

Imagine if you got tokens for just about everything! 1000 posts, 5000 gameplays, 10000 gameplays, 50000 gameplays, 5 bil points, 10 bil points, etc..
If those tokens were translated into achievement points, then now we have a merits system (sort of) that drives players to not just whore certain songs, but to become a part of the community in general. I can't tell you how many times I've seen good players / dedicated players with less than 5 posts on this forum, if not 0...

So, make achievement points or something that can relate to tokens.. and yeah.

Sorry this was a long random rant but I just got the idea today :O
With a hell of a lot of tokens/achievements it is true people will actually go out of their way to do things to obtain them, which gets more people involved in whatever it is you put the achievements up for. Although in this scenario the majority of these tokens/achievements are usually fairly easy, while a few are for progressing and advancing people in the game (which are usually worth more reward, points, etc.)

The thing with FFR skill tokens so far though is that they only have to deal with the FFR engine itself. In other words, setting up skill tokens that deal with things outside of playing the game alone might seem a bit odd at first. If that is overlooked, then having a series of tokens/achievements for other things could be a nice addition. Maybe a new category...site tokens or something I don't know. Then the next thing in question would be what would they unlock? Should they give you new songs...or perhaps credits, maybe access to a site feature. If it is credits, then it will speed up the rate at which they can try out secret and purchased songs (which might be a plus at first, especially to new players having trouble getting many credits).
- Have your post quoted on the forum (50 credits)
- Create a signature (50 credits)
- Add an avatar, banner, and background to your profile (100 credits)
etc, etc.
Old 12-29-2010, 03:58 AM   #143
awein999
(ಠ⌣ಠ)
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to awein999

bump for more achievements/tokens or whatever you want to call it in the near future? please?
awein999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 04:05 AM   #144
duddychuck@yahoo.com
Retired
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to duddychuck@yahoo.com Send a message via MSN to duddychuck@yahoo.com Send a message via Yahoo to duddychuck@yahoo.com Send a message via Skype™ to duddychuck@yahoo.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfire667 View Post
With a hell of a lot of tokens/achievements it is true people will actually go out of their way to do things to obtain them, which gets more people involved in whatever it is you put the achievements up for. Although in this scenario the majority of these tokens/achievements are usually fairly easy, while a few are for progressing and advancing people in the game (which are usually worth more reward, points, etc.)

The thing with FFR skill tokens so far though is that they only have to deal with the FFR engine itself. In other words, setting up skill tokens that deal with things outside of playing the game alone might seem a bit odd at first. If that is overlooked, then having a series of tokens/achievements for other things could be a nice addition. Maybe a new category...site tokens or something I don't know. Then the next thing in question would be what would they unlock? Should they give you new songs...or perhaps credits, maybe access to a site feature. If it is credits, then it will speed up the rate at which they can try out secret and purchased songs (which might be a plus at first, especially to new players having trouble getting many credits).
- Have your post quoted on the forum (50 credits)
- Create a signature (50 credits)
- Add an avatar, banner, and background to your profile (100 credits)
etc, etc.
I really like all this (:

Also I was thinking maybe Tokens for daily stats? Like "Get 100,000,000 in one day" and 50 mil, 25,mil. You get the idea. Same with games played, 100 games 200 games etc.
Old 12-29-2010, 04:15 AM   #145
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by awein999 View Post
bump for more achievements/tokens or whatever you want to call it in the near future? please?
can't you wait a few more days

bmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 10:15 AM   #146
master q60
Aka Shinboro
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmah View Post
can't you wait a few more days

How many more days................................
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprite- View Post
I have a MAJOR problem with you. So ask me if I care. Stop whining.
master q60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 10:40 AM   #147
TheSaxRunner05
The Doctor
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by duddychuck@yahoo.com View Post

Also I was thinking maybe Tokens for daily stats? Like "Get 100,000,000 in one day" and 50 mil, 25,mil. You get the idea. Same with games played, 100 games 200 games etc.
I like the score in a day markers .... I'd love for our profiles to keep track of that stat too.
Games in a day is easy to fake though, same with AAA's

TheSaxRunner05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:00 AM   #148
XCV
has nice tits
FFR Veteran

Agreed, just keep it confined to daily score so people don't whore Excite Bike.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:23 AM   #149
foxfire667
The FFRchiver
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by duddychuck@yahoo.com View Post

Awesome!

Well, it'd be achievements for generally everything that has to do with the site. I mean, you could get achievements for daily grand total score, hitting over x amount of arrows in a day, posting x amount of times in the forum, spoofing up your profile, getting x grand total score, hitting x average rank, getting x amount of skill tokens or regular tokens, etc. The more spread out the achievements are, the more involved the people who go for the achievements will be with the site.

As for AAA's and games played, it is certainly true people will take the easy way out and just whore excite bike or boo out until they meet the requirement. You could set it up so that all the game plays had to be on original songs and passed, and that only original AAA's are allowed, and this would generally solve that. So they play one game of excite bike, pita, ninja turtles theme, and prelude no 2 in their 100 games played achievement...oh well, the achievements are supposed to be fairly easy for the most part anyway. Not saying harder achievements aern't happening, but the majority of them will be something that newer player will probably be like "I might be able to get that" so they become more involved with the site.
Old 01-1-2011, 03:01 PM   #150
XCV
has nice tits
FFR Veteran

For the Blue skill token, let me suggest Blue Lightning by Disco Dan. It's 8:40 long (just under the frame constraints), would make an excellent FGO file, and most importantly, it's an OCRemix so we don't have to worry about permissions. And we haven't had a Megaman file in years.
Old 01-27-2011, 07:05 PM   #151
star reaper
owning ffr since 08
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to star reaper

I've been reading through these posts for a bit and had a great idea to show players skill tokens or tokens. We could have it to where all tokens are automatically visible on the main page. From that new players will know they exist; and when you unlock one, the token would go from sort of a see through state to a filled in one. A good thing to also have would be to where if you clicked on the token/ skill token you would have a small box pop up on the page showing the requirements for unlocking the song.
star reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 07:26 PM   #152
justin_ator
🥓<strong><span style="col
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

What do you think of this?

I know it isn't exactly what you said, but if that link went to a page that did what you said, it would keep the main page simple and clean. There kind of already is what you asked. On the skill token page there is an asterisk next to any skill token you have received.

Last edited by justin_ator; 01-27-2011 at 07:30 PM..
justin_ator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 10:40 PM   #153
star reaper
owning ffr since 08
FFR Veteran

hm maybe it would work better on the profile page instead
Old 01-27-2011, 10:49 PM   #154
star reaper
owning ffr since 08
FFR Veteran

by the way justin. it looks pretty cool with what you did there.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:20 PM   #155
jimerax
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jimerax Send a message via MSN to jimerax Send a message via Skype™ to jimerax

That looks decent but considering 2 or 3 s-tokens are usually added at a time, that feature isn't sufficient imo. Same with newest song.
jimerax is offline   Reply With Quote