Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Life and Arts > Films and Television
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do You Like Anime?
Yes. 160 81.63%
No.(Please post your favorate show and specific reasons as to why you like it so much) 36 18.37%
Voters: 196. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-24-2007, 04:28 PM   #21
Maid
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Do You Like Anime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon_Master2557 View Post
I like anime, though, I think I'm starting to get sick of the anime they're airing in America. It's relatively boring (i.e. Trinity Blood >_>, s-CRY-ed)
So why do you care about what they air, can get anything you want through torrents anyway. Sub groups got so fast nowadays that you see eps ready to go just few days after the air time in Japan, sometimes even faster, some with such quality that will put licenser's subbers to crying shame, in all categories. And it's all free, we have it really good. If you are not lazy and actually learn the language, can get raws same day it airs. /shrug

Btw I am all for purchasing the series later on, as you should as well.
Maid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 12:14 AM   #22
FaintScent
FFR Player

Since I do like anime...
Well, I'll name one of my Favourites.
Angel Scantuary (preferably Manga version)
Although there were only 4 episodes it really interested me about angels, God, rebellion.
Although I am a catholic and always will be, I tend to get into reading fantasty.... x.x
It's first of a a love story between a Teenage boy who is in love with his naive sister.
Boy finds out he's a reincarnation of an angel.
Denies and elopes with sister.
Sister dies and unlocks his powers.
And the journey begins.
I like it for it's good points/ debates
over
Incest: Can you really be in love with someone who is realted to you that closely? Why is Incest wrong? If you even think of the bible... Adam and Eve were sorta brother and sister...
Homosexuality: WHy does God have to choos your sex for you? WHy couldn't we choose it ourselves?
God: Is he real? Or is he a Bastard? Is it even a male?
I like it for other reasons... but yeah... it's i guess a new persepctive for me..
Don’t close your eyes.
What if it all disappears in the shadows that reach from the stars?

If I held my ground would you ask me to change?
This drought bleeds on now we're dancing for rain
We drink the air but it’s still not the same
These worlds collide but the distance remains
We point the finger, never accept the blame and I know. I know

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
FaintScent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 12:17 AM   #23
jewpinthethird
(The Fat's Sabobah)
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to jewpinthethird

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaintScent View Post
Incest: Can you really be in love with someone who is realted to you that closely? Why is Incest wrong? If you even think of the bible... Adam and Eve were sorta brother and sister...
1. Incest has been proven wrong because of the birth defects it causes.

2. Adam and Eve didn't exist. And even if they did, Eve was made from Adam's rib...so, actually she's a clone. So it's like f*cking yourself...man, the bible's f*cked up.
jewpinthethird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 04:05 PM   #24
Relambrien
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Relambrien Send a message via MSN to Relambrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewpinthethird
Adam and Eve didn't exist. And even if they did, Eve was made from Adam's rib...so, actually she's a clone. So it's like f*cking yourself...man, the bible's f*cked up.
SIGGED!

That made my day
Relambrien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 06:43 PM   #25
muffin-warrior
FFR Player

I DO ^___^
muffin-warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:08 PM   #26
SulferDragon
this is a waste of space
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to SulferDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightknight924 View Post
Anime is much like the hip hop trend, but on the internet. It seems like everyone on the internet likes anime because it's what's cool on the internet.
Really? I don't know many people who think this.
Quote:
Not only this, but the action and style of anime bothers me. The people are often too cheery, unrealistic, and tend to act in a way that no one would ever act in real Life.
Welcome to the world of television o.o
Quote:
All animes share these types of charateristics, and I suppose that's what makes them anime.
I suppose that's what makes cheese like cheese.
Quote:
I don't understand what everyone likes about anime, in my opinion, it sucks.
Not everyone likes the same thing. What you may think sucks, others will enjoy. What you hate about anime others may love. You put it so bluntly too.

As for me... I'm undecided. I used to loathe anime, but I've slowly started to, well... not hate it. I've only seriously watched one anime, and that was Hikaru no go. I liked a lot to be honest. Ohter then that, I've watched a few episodes of various stuff. Any anime is alright as long as it's not overly suggestive, and the chicks don't have chests the size of Texas.

Reading manga is more my thing though.

SulferDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 07:13 PM   #27
Engler
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

[quote=Lightknight924;1475705favorate/]

I won't tell you until you learn how to spell favorIte correctly.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:28 AM   #28
FandomSpike
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to FandomSpike Send a message via Yahoo to FandomSpike

Hm, anime for one, taught me some things O_o

Well, I have no idea how cartoons teach you things, but there is mostly always a reason to why anime was created, there should be some inspiration, but then the anime could have popped out of your head for no apparent reason.

You can already tell that I like anime, and I just have to tell you about the anime that I really enjoy D8

TIS NARUTO! And its like, so popular D8 and so obvious as well >_>

Keke, anime is for entertainment, mostly for japanese people, but since subbers have recorded the episodes and posted them on the internet, many English/Asians living in Australia/Middle-Easterns have taken interest in that particular kind of style.

I don't know why, but it said in a book that anime was pleasing to the eye, whether if it were ninjas, hyperactive 'goo-goo' people [Don't ask me why I said that >_>] angels, and maybe even hentai O_o

If you were reading korean manhwa, it would look so much more realistic.. since the nose, mouth [rambles on] except for the eyes look so REAL! D8 The eyes just look like normal jap eyes... Its also very pleasing to see to 8D

Theres really no point in my message anyway T_T

PS: I LEARNT TWO THINGS! The moral of the animes, and how to draw m unique own style XD
Old 04-27-2007, 07:45 AM   #29
Moogy
嗚呼
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Moogy

I agree with Squeek. There's no way one can simply dislike the entirety of anime. It's my firm belief that there's an anime out there for everyone. It just might take a bit of digging to reach it.

However, Squeek, I'm gonna have to correct you. Anime is not a genre. Anime is a medium. Hence why it's very silly to dislike the entirety of it.

Also I agree with that dude about E7 because that show RULES. He brings up a good point, actually. I find the writing in anime/video games to be more appealing than the writing in books a great deal of the time. Not that I don't like books, of course, but... I don't know. I simply find anime as a medium more emotional than others. Same with video games. Sure, The Count of Monte Cristo might be a wonderful classic of literature, but I can honestly say that I found the writing in Tsukihime to be much better. Same goes with any book, really.

Ah, I dunno where I'm going with this post, haha.

^^^ vintage signature from like 2006 preserved
Moogy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 08:20 AM   #30
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

Well, it's not impossible for one to dislike an entire medium. There are numerous people who dislike anything on television. I suppose these reasons are probably more of disliking the idea of television and not the actual shows on there, but the point still stands.

Personally, I'm not into anime myself. I've only seen a few, but there is probably some good ones out there, I just don't care enough to go and search for one.
Tps222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 11:34 AM   #31
sertman
DADALADAH
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to sertman Send a message via MSN to sertman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
I agree with Squeek. There's no way one can simply dislike the entirety of anime. It's my firm belief that there's an anime out there for everyone. It just might take a bit of digging to reach it.

However, Squeek, I'm gonna have to correct you. Anime is not a genre. Anime is a medium. Hence why it's very silly to dislike the entirety of it.

Also I agree with that dude about E7 because that show RULES. He brings up a good point, actually. I find the writing in anime/video games to be more appealing than the writing in books a great deal of the time. Not that I don't like books, of course, but... I don't know. I simply find anime as a medium more emotional than others. Same with video games. Sure, The Count of Monte Cristo might be a wonderful classic of literature, but I can honestly say that I found the writing in Tsukihime to be much better. Same goes with any book, really.

Ah, I dunno where I'm going with this post, haha.
I don't want to wade through horrible anime to find the one that suits me. If there is one. Find me one that involves American sports and general badassery and I'll give it a shot.

I just don't enjoy anime. I just can't bring myself to take it seriously when I watch it. To me, it's just a cartoon.

sertman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 02:44 PM   #32
dead_juggalo
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to dead_juggalo

Some of it is good, some sucks. I think it's alright though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthlight View Post
My father-in-law called me yesterday to tell me he lost the internet. If you find it, please PM me.

Cheers,

Synthlight
dead_juggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-4-2007, 08:03 PM   #33
THOR-AXE
FFR Player

death note, bleach, naruto, elfen lied, and many more
I think what most people who have seen some anime and not liked it probably saw the american dub version where the voice acting can be very bad or the character will make jokes that have been more directed at american audiences but still sound out of character or a character will make a reference to something only a person who knows japanese culture would understand or (yes long I know) some lines might randomly be changed to something else that really doesn't make sense ex:naruto and "Believe it!" therefore i suggest to anyone watching the american versions or who doesn't like anime to try watching one of the subbed versions at least once where the male characters actually male voices (ya I realize I probably made 1000 and 1 grammar/spelling mistakes but oh well.)
THOR-AXE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-4-2007, 08:10 PM   #34
KKKEEENNN
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to KKKEEENNN

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffin-warrior View Post
I DO ^___^
Me too!!
KKKEEENNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 01:46 AM   #35
PunkrockLove
FFR Player

Send a message via MSN to PunkrockLove

YesI do love Anime. I won't go deep into why I like it since you did not ask but I feel that in many of the Animes there are such great points and themes. As other examples:
1) The art.

Yes, art. REALLY good stuff is very well drawn. Consider going to an art gallery, and finding a picture you really like. Now imagine the picture moving realistically. You may not consider the anime style of drawing to your taste, but I think the above example might help you understand why other people like it. Also, keep in mind, there are actually a few different variations of the anime art form.
[okay, most of it is fluff ]

Usually, "OAV", or "movie"-length anime, has a higher caliber of artwork than a TV series. Sometimes, the same series has OAVs and TV episodes, in which case you can usually notice a difference in details.

2) The music.

Anime often has a particular style or styles of music. Particular sub-genres tend to have their own styles of music. One style is the beat-heavy almost "techno" sound, found in sci-fi anime. I find it quite agreeable. The romantic ones also have theme music that appeals to me a lot.

3) The silly plots. xD
Old 05-29-2007, 07:03 PM   #36
trillobyite
FFR Player

I hate all anime but cowboy bebop and spirited away. I already made my point on this and don't want to risk getting gangraped by the anime-supporters of FFR.

But it said under "no" to post your favorite shows so here goes.

Star Trek: The Next Generation- I think this show includes just about everything related to humanity that exists, every feeling and every situation and dillemma. The characters are not only brilliant in design, but the acting is phenomenal. The alien races are believable, the technology is not only believable but theoretically possible, and the plain-out epicness of the show make it nothing less than staggering.

Sliders- I loved this show for a number of reasons, the #1 reason being John Rhys-Davies (sp...) as the Professor, one of my all-time favorite characters in any show, and also the way every episode is like a whole brand new show, leaving you gasping for more. Every situation from Russian invasion of the USA to women controlling the planet...loved it.

Quantum Leap- Same basic concept as sliders but worse. Still good though.

24-It's not so much the depth as it is the the ability to keep you screaming for the next episode to air. When you start watching you usually cannot stop for at least 5 hours if you have a few episodes available.

Cowboy Bebop-what I love the most about it is the setting. There are a number of interpretations by artists, writers, and film directors in regards to the future, from utopia to dystopia, to cyberpunk to post-apocalyptic....
Cowboy Bebop was the ONLY show I have ever seen that portrays the future as an extension of contemporary life. Other planets are colonized, but human culture, even with the greater technology, is essentially the same. And the way they portrayed Earth is particularly unique. Most post-apocalyptic shows depict a destroyed Earth as some kind of horrific wasteland with warlords, corporations, or gangs grasping for power. In CB, Earth was just like any other planet, only the people living on it were more awkward.
In honesty, I didn't like the episodes that dealt with Spike's girlfriend or whatever and the "main plot". I liked the ones which acted as mere snippets of the main chars' lives as bounty hunters.

Spirited Away- this was an allegory to an economic recession in 90s Japan and I liked the presentation of the allegory. That's about it though.
Every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilizations, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every hopeful child, every mother and father, every inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every superstar, every supreme leader, every saint and sinner in the history of our species, lives here on a mote of dust, suspended in a sunbeam.
http://obs.nineplanets.org/psc/pbd.html
trillobyite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 12:59 AM   #37
thiRdRule
FFR Player

Smile Re: Do You Like Anime?

Yes i like anime because it shows the creative side of an artist in a way that is not possible with screen plays. When watching anime(which is a japanese art, hence-fantasy), the question of the movie's actions being fake or real has already been answered so then that ruinning thought during a screenplay movie, "oh that would never happen" doesnt come into mind.which sometimes gives anime an advantage over a screenplay movie where as the viewer can get into the movie more.

Good anime's just to let yall know
-Princess monokoe
-Akira
-Blue Submarine No.6
(oh,and if anybody has "blue sub" on file or knows where to get it, please send it)
thiRdRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 01:16 AM   #38
The5thMoon
self-fulfilled prophecy
FFR Veteran

Yep Yep I like anime.

I dont think liking anime is "jumping on the bandwagon" because Im sure lots of people watched it before they knew that lots of other people watched it to. bleh. Well I'll just get to the ones I like. Karin The Chibi Vampire, I like this show because it shows what could happen if there were a family of vampires in the modern time, its a silly show, but still one of my favorites. Trigun, Shows how someone deals with the conflicts/problems thrown at him, and how he deals with whats happend in his past. And I'll just name off some others...D.N. Angel, Death Note, Yu Yu Hakusho, Rurouni Kenshin, Paranoia Agent..and I'll just stop there.
Old 05-31-2007, 12:23 AM   #39
tsugomaru
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to tsugomaru

I'm glad this got bumped, I missed it the first time.

To put it simply, I like some, I hate some. Anime is like any other type of art found in the world: paintings, drawings, poems, stories, games, movies, and even television.

It's hard to hate an entire genre of art because as long as the genre holds something you can relate to, you'll enjoy it.

~Tsugomaru
When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!
tsugomaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 03:49 AM   #40
thiRdRule
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by: Hiluluk
WHEN do you think people die...?
When their heart is pierced by a bullet from a pistol...? No.
When they succumb to an incurable disease...? No.
When they drink soup made with a poisonous mushroom...? NO!!!
IT'S WHEN A PERSON IS FORGOTTEN...!!!
what is that from? is that from spirited away?
thiRdRule is offline   Reply With Quote