Old 09-26-2019, 10:59 PM   #21
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack
Default Re: the NYT outed the whistleblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by SputnikOwns View Post
Here's your crime: https://youtu.be/KCF9My1vBP4?t=78
I'd be more in favour of impeachment if Trump didn't bring this up.

It's totally within his rights to do so.
If Joe Biden committed a crime that's great, we can get rid of him too. Doesn't change jack shit about Trump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
DaBackpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 11:38 PM   #22
flashflash account
FFR Player

how would impeachment work this close to election?
surely they just wouldn't have time to complete the impeachment process?

-----

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
FFA playing 4D chess in Gemity while us mortals are stuck on this gay earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenAshy View Post
I’ve demonstrated self-awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
Quote:
seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless
flashflash account is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 11:45 PM   #23
the sun fan
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashflash account View Post
how would impeachment work this close to election?
surely they just wouldn't have time to complete the impeachment process?
iirc how quickly things move in the house is completely up to the Times, Rules and Regulations committee (I don't remember the exact name or know how controls that committee).

I feel like it could get done before the election, yeah.
I don't think anything huge is going to come out of this, though.

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
the sun fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 11:52 PM   #24
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
iirc how quickly things move in the house is completely up to the Times, Rules and Regulations committee (I don't remember the exact name or know how controls that committee).

I feel like it could get done before the election, yeah.
I don't think anything huge is going to come out of this, though.
It's about the symbol of the motion, if they can speed it up even better tbh.

But whomever replaces him won't be any better.
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 12:24 AM   #25
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Play nice, everybody. I know it's actually a matter of life and death for plenty of poor and disenfranchised Americans but we can at least pretend like we can show each other respect here.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 01:07 AM   #26
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
If Joe Biden committed a crime that's great, we can get rid of him too. Doesn't change jack shit about Trump.
The thing that bugs me whenever I see the "well if its proven the other side does the same thing then they can answer for it but I'm talking about Side A here" response is that I don't remember you making threads whenever the Democrats step out of line.

You, of course, being the majority of people who complain about Trump. I get that DaBackPack is a little more rounded then your average Facebook user so it's a little unfair to load all that on to him but it serious feels very onesided most of the time.

Actually Facebook is like the absolute worst about that sort of thing too it's why I rarely even care to dive into these discussions anymore everytime I see it it's literally just people firing at the same targets over and over and over again.

Anyway my carry-over salt from arguments of the past aside, thread is good to know that NYT's a piece of shit but nothing is likely coming out of this because Trump would have been outed a very long time ago if that was ever actually in the cards. Good news is that if people will stop telling themselves that voting doesn't matter and actually get off their ass and vote this time around I don't see Trump staying in; he's utterly failed to do the little good I expected of him and I know I ain't the only Trump voter who feels that way.

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

MixMasterLar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 09:34 AM   #27
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

oh no wonder you get so offended when I angry post
you're a trump supporter lol
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 10:39 AM   #28
Moria
Sylphid
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
Play nice, everybody. I know it's actually a matter of life and death for plenty of poor and disenfranchised Americans but we can at least pretend like we can show each other respect here.
love this
Moria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 10:46 AM   #29
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
The thing that bugs me whenever I see the "well if its proven the other side does the same thing then they can answer for it but I'm talking about Side A here" response is that I don't remember you making threads whenever the Democrats step out of line.
Why should it be Backpack's responsibility to make threads when either side step out of line? He is allowed to have his own interests and his own political leaning. If something the "other side" does bugs you, why don't you make a thread about that?

I seriously can't stand this argument. Even if what the "other side" had done was equally as bad, it's not the left's responsibility to play referee and make sure all sides get treated fairly. Make your own arguments

Quote:
people like you are how trump gets elected
mellonxcollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 11:04 AM   #30
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

good stuff

- Tosh 2014

gold stinger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 11:21 AM   #31
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
oh no wonder you get so offended when I angry post
you're a trump supporter lol
Voter, not supporter.
My lack of tolerance of you isn't political, either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellonxcollie View Post
I seriously can't stand this argument. Even if what the "other side" had done was equally as bad, it's not the left's responsibility to play referee and make sure all sides get treated fairly. Make your own arguments
Are you literally admitting that you shouldn't hold your own party to equal standards?

Like what are you even saying here?

By this logic why do you expect Trump supporters to even care about anything you point out if you believe that it isn't a party's responsibility to make sure there's no bullshit afoot? Or are threads like these made by the left, only for the left and no attempt to reach the masses is intended?

This blows my mind on so many levels

Last edited by MixMasterLar; 09-27-2019 at 11:23 AM..
Old 09-27-2019, 11:40 AM   #32
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie

Quote:
Voter, not supporter.
My lack of tolerance of you isn't political, either.

Are you literally admitting that you shouldn't hold your own party to equal standards?

Like what are you even saying here?

By this logic why do you expect Trump supporters to even care about anything you point out if you believe that it isn't a party's responsibility to make sure there's no bullshit afoot? Or are threads like these made by the left, only for the left and no attempt to reach the masses is intended?

If we held the parties to equal standards, Trump would have been impeached long ago, but anyways

My point was about this bullshit argument that is often brought up in political discussions to deflect at the issue at hand. People are able to talk about specific situations or issues without having to give equal time/weight to different issues. If you want to talk about the "other side" that's fine, but you can't get on someone's case for only discussing one side when that is the side that is super relevant for this discussion right now. Biden's not the president and this thread is about the impeachment whistleblower

Quote:
Old 09-27-2019, 11:51 AM   #33
choof
Banned

Quote:
she's literally saying that whenever you have an issue with what the left is doing, you should make a thread bitching about it.have you made any political threads? have you called out any of the bullshit the left pulls?

Quote:
Or are threads like these made by the left, only for the left and no attempt to reach the masses is intended?

apparently they are, I wonder why that is. are you completely ignorant to the goings on in your country? the left has done plenty of ire-worthy things, yet you idiots only seem content to call them out when the right gets called out. deflection 101, lads.
Old 09-27-2019, 11:52 AM   #34
choof
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
have you made any political threads? have you called out any of the bullshit the left pulls?
ps your post history is public so make sure you don't lie about this
Old 09-27-2019, 11:57 AM   #35
choof
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin View Post
it's actually a matter of life and death for plenty of poor and disenfranchised Americans but we can at least pretend like we can show each other respect here.
you might want to preemptively post some more info on this before some political idiot decides to drop in and call bullshit on it

Last edited by choof; 09-27-2019 at 11:57 AM..
Old 09-27-2019, 12:25 PM   #36
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Alright guys.

My point for those who clearly didn't read my post is that it's valid to question someone being upset at a law being broken when it happens elsewhere but they won't recognize the fact when happens in their own back yard, instead shooting at targets they already have issues with. When it's pointed out they pay lip service that they do care but their actions never support it.

I specifically said though that I believe DaBackPack was a little more rounded then that, but the deflection still rubs me the wrong way. Mighta been the way he worded it in the moment idk. It's likely DBP has links-a-ready to prove he actually does call every out everything, but it's just extremely hard to read that response and not sigh.

My lack of political posting on here is mostly because FFR proved years ago that despite being registered Independent the site sees me as as a Republican and dog-piles any opinion I have on the subject. See Raeko not even reading far enough to see that I wasn't trying to have beef with DBP before weighting in. I responded here because I don't see engaging DBP in discuss as wasteful as engaging the majority of the site.

And since I know you'll ask; no, I don't get political on YouTube or anywhere I'm just known for games because time and place and that's mean to my co-host since they like hard disagree with me on politics (both are every much left). I do get political on my personal Facebook however.

If any of that offends you, be offended.

Old 09-27-2019, 12:38 PM   #37
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator

Quote:
See Raeko not even reading far enough to see that I wasn't trying to have beef with DBP before weighting in.
I read that part, it still wasn't a good faith argument that you were making. I wasn't making any assumptions I don't think that argument is a good one

Quote:
Old 09-27-2019, 01:06 PM   #38
choof
Banned

Quote:
Alright guys.

My point is that I'm a hypocrite.

If any of that offends you, be offended.
I'm not offended in the slightest
Old 09-27-2019, 01:43 PM   #39
SputnikOwns
The Frog
FFR Veteran

Well of course the Biden thing is relevant. If Trump was just asking him to investigate Bernie Sanders for no reason, that would be something else. But you have Joe openly admitting to a $1 billion extortion to cover up for his son. Of course that's within Trump's purview. I thought the Left was against corruption?
Old 09-27-2019, 01:47 PM   #40
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran

this whole debacle just disillusioned me to american politics more. it hurts especially more now since i'm american

relatively, in the grand scheme of things, trump didn't do anything that was bizarre, because you bet your asses other politicians have done worse and gone unnoticed (for example, the shit on biden concerns me). the motion to impeach him-- and the outcry from the left-- is for political reasons and not due to true disgust by his actions.

i'm not saying what he did is illegal, because it is and it's disgusting, but it's hard for me to really care about potential impeachment proceedings since democratic politicians are actively trying to play at our feelings.

if i feel that way and am liberal, i fear what this will do for trump in 2020.

(before you get at me, yeah i read the whisleblower doc on nyt. i noticed that his name was on there and was like "ok he's public now lol" did the whistleblower not want to be identified??? whoops pulled an oopsie that was just the inspector general)

edit: also y'all people are gonna disagree with you here there's no need to personally attack 'em for it
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
GET DUNKED FUNNY
(eaman is her name irl, friend)

Last edited by Funnygurl555; 09-27-2019 at 01:55 PM..
Funnygurl555 is offline   Reply With Quote