Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat > Birthdays
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Birthdays Wish ALL the happy birthdays!

Old 11-24-2013, 06:56 AM   #81
PaperclipGames
Mrow~
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to PaperclipGames Send a message via Skype™ to PaperclipGames
Default Re: homeless for a week!

@choof: IMO weed can be okay but I'd mostly feel okay with it in its medical sense, and barely in its recreational sense. It usually doesn't do much harm, but what most people refuse to believe is that it can have nasty effects on some (not all), such as the anxiety/paranoia mentioned above.

There is nothing wrong with smoking weed every once in a blue moon to relax. However, I'm inclined to believe something will go wrong at some point if you do it on a regular basis (like every week, or multiple times a week). It simply seems like potheads, even when they're not high at all at the given moment, seem a lot less energetic, more fatigued and less understanding overall.

on topic: don't h9 on zeldagurl she's da bomb in zelda mkay rexpects!!1

948 AAAs | 1461 FCs | 549 TPs | 7 FMO AAAs
Skype: paperclipgames | Steam: alegiano | Last.fm: Alegiano | Ask.fm: Clippysan | Facebook: LINK
Best AAAs: Exciting Hyper Highspeed Star (69), Nous (69), Pure Ruby (68), Heavenly Spores (68), Ambient Angels (66), Within Life (66), Defection (66) Southern Cross (65)
PaperclipGames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 07:35 AM   #82
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

That would make sense except tons of professional athletes smoke weed
Old 11-24-2013, 07:35 AM   #83
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

Micheal phelps took bong rips during races
Old 11-24-2013, 07:36 AM   #84
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

Shaq is perma high
Old 11-24-2013, 07:37 AM   #85
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

Just look at tiger woods eyes. That ***** is faded as a motha fucka. He isnt half asian hes full black and high as fuck
Old 11-24-2013, 07:44 AM   #86
_Fluttershy_
72 Black Flags & Counting
FFR Veteran

I'm gonna give my honest opinion. I sympathise ... to an extent. I mean, I can understand that you were feeling abused and bullied and sometimes instinctive things happen and you can snap as you did. However, at the same time, it is unacceptable to do things like this to your parents especially violence. So with that, I sympathise but at the same time, looking at the facts, it is essentially your fault that you are in this situation, whereas perhaps a conversation about your problems with your parents might have formed a suitable outcome for all of you.
I'm not gonna get involved with the weed debate either, we all have our own, differing views on it, as long as you're fine and at least sleeping under a roof, that's the good thing to hear, but seriously, if you can, try and make up with your parents. All I know is from personal experience, I've got a Dad I haven't talked to for 8 years and it isn't nice, so try and make amends with your parents as soon as possible assuming they're willing to aswell.

_Fluttershy_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:06 AM   #87
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

you know she's going to give an excuse as to why she can't make up, right
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 11:08 AM   #88
firemon22
Forum User

Send a message via Skype™ to firemon22

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Force View Post
I know that this is missing the point by a long shot but that logic... Point being?
Working at a game store makes you magically awesome at video games, lolwut?
Where do you learn this mystical power and when do I get to learn it.
lmao qft

https://soundcloud.com/djbdock acapellas over my beats
http://tuneport.com/profile/bdockbeats my beats for yall to rap on
firemon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 12:16 PM   #89
popsicle_3000
Legendary Noob
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to popsicle_3000

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
proof pls
Cannabis use and risk of psychotic or affective mental health outcomes: a systematic review.
Moore TH, Zammit S, Lingford-Hughes A, Barnes TR, Jones PB, Burke M, Lewis G
Lancet. 2007;370(9584):319.

BACKGROUND: Whether cannabis can cause psychotic or affective symptoms that persist beyond transient intoxication is unclear. We systematically reviewed the evidence pertaining to cannabis use and occurrence of psychotic or affective mental health outcomes.

METHODS: We searched Medline, Embase, CINAHL, PsycINFO, ISI Web of Knowledge, ISI Proceedings, ZETOC, BIOSIS, LILACS, and MEDCARIB from their inception to September, 2006, searched reference lists of studies selected for inclusion, and contacted experts. Studies were included if longitudinal and population based. 35 studies from 4804 references were included. Data extraction and quality assessment were done independently and in duplicate.

FINDINGS: There was an increased risk of any psychotic outcome in individuals who had ever used cannabis (pooled adjusted odds ratio=1.41, 95% CI 1.20-1.65). Findings were consistent with a dose-response effect, with greater risk in people who used cannabis most frequently (2.09, 1.54-2.84). Results of analyses restricted to studies of more clinically relevant psychotic disorders were similar. Depression, suicidal thoughts, and anxiety outcomes were examined separately. Findings for these outcomes were less consistent, and fewer attempts were made to address non-causal explanations, than for psychosis. A substantial confounding effect was present for both psychotic and affective outcomes.

INTERPRETATION: The evidence is consistent with the view that cannabis increases risk of psychotic outcomes independently of confounding and transient intoxication effects, although evidence for affective outcomes is less strong. The uncertainty about whether cannabis causes psychosis is unlikely to be resolved by further longitudinal studies such as those reviewed here. However, we conclude that there is now sufficient evidence to warn young people that using cannabis could increase their risk of developing a psychotic illness later in life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Winged Angel View Post
39,000 popsicles pro bg blue note arrow slayer whoa damn..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX View Post
one way to stream them all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
Right after sex, it skillboosted me by +10 levels from like a 35-45 about. (Which then 15 min's later I got really tired and couldn't play anymore)

But then my lady friend got pissed off I was playing FFR instead of playing her. Then for the rest of the night she played the 'Only want me for my body' card and I didn't get to sleep with blankets that night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesunfan View Post
replacing ifitypedhisnameaslargeashisnamesuggests,iwouldgetbanned with theelongatedaustrocanadian3000 (pop).
Quote:
Originally Posted by reuben_tate View Post
Title: Popsicle Three

Thousand the farthest
He's gone in an official
Whoop hip hip hooray!
Quote:
Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
kjwkjw: "oh my god, Tosh. Post that in the thread."

@popsicle_3000:
Danger incoming
The popsicles are melting
Three thousand of them
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
you got to ease the topic into some conversation and let it go from there

dynam0: man friend that was an intense sm session right?
friend: haha yeah you really nailed those patterns
dynam0: yeah man kind of like how gay dudes nail other gay dudes in the ass!
friend: hey bro can i tell you something
dynam0 yeah man whats up?
friend: hypothetically speaking would you care if i was bisexual or maybe even gay?
dynam0: bro we shower together after sm sessions all the time and i'll still shower with you even if you are gay or w/e thats your thing just dont try to ram my ass HAHAHA
friend: thanks man
dynam0: no problem man
Quote:
pop takin' time out of playing irl Trauma Center to check in on his fiffer buds (mm)
Quote:
Well, Popsicle won every award this year so it was canceled.
popsicle_3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 12:19 PM   #90
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to korny

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperclipGames View Post
@choof: IMO weed can be okay but I'd mostly feel okay with it in its medical sense, and barely in its recreational sense. It usually doesn't do much harm, but what most people refuse to believe is that it can have nasty effects on some (not all), such as the anxiety/paranoia mentioned above.

There is nothing wrong with smoking weed every once in a blue moon to relax. However, I'm inclined to believe something will go wrong at some point if you do it on a regular basis (like every week, or multiple times a week). It simply seems like potheads, even when they're not high at all at the given moment, seem a lot less energetic, more fatigued and less understanding overall.

on topic: don't h9 on zeldagurl she's da bomb in zelda mkay rexpects!!1
I smoke more weed than probably anyone here and I am always full of energy and am highly successful. Quit generalizing out of ignorance. Pot isn't the problem, her outstanding immaturity and inability to know what it means to grow up is the problem. Anyone sympathizing for her lacks some serious insight, or is sadly mesmerized my the oh so insignificant fact that she is a well known semi Attractive female user who somehow gets off easy regarding true critiques of her character flaws that she would rather cast blame elsewhere rather than taking accountability for her actions.
korny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 12:22 PM   #91
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by popsicle_3000 View Post
Cannabis use and risk of psychotic or affective mental health outcomes: a systematic review.
Moore TH, Zammit S, Lingford-Hughes A, Barnes TR, Jones PB, Burke M, Lewis G
Lancet. 2007;370(9584):319.

BACKGROUND: Whether cannabis can cause psychotic or affective symptoms that persist beyond transient intoxication is unclear. We systematically reviewed the evidence pertaining to cannabis use and occurrence of psychotic or affective mental health outcomes.

METHODS: We searched Medline, Embase, CINAHL, PsycINFO, ISI Web of Knowledge, ISI Proceedings, ZETOC, BIOSIS, LILACS, and MEDCARIB from their inception to September, 2006, searched reference lists of studies selected for inclusion, and contacted experts. Studies were included if longitudinal and population based. 35 studies from 4804 references were included. Data extraction and quality assessment were done independently and in duplicate.

FINDINGS: There was an increased risk of any psychotic outcome in individuals who had ever used cannabis (pooled adjusted odds ratio=1.41, 95% CI 1.20-1.65). Findings were consistent with a dose-response effect, with greater risk in people who used cannabis most frequently (2.09, 1.54-2.84). Results of analyses restricted to studies of more clinically relevant psychotic disorders were similar. Depression, suicidal thoughts, and anxiety outcomes were examined separately. Findings for these outcomes were less consistent, and fewer attempts were made to address non-causal explanations, than for psychosis. A substantial confounding effect was present for both psychotic and affective outcomes.

INTERPRETATION: The evidence is consistent with the view that cannabis increases risk of psychotic outcomes independently of confounding and transient intoxication effects, although evidence for affective outcomes is less strong. The uncertainty about whether cannabis causes psychosis is unlikely to be resolved by further longitudinal studies such as those reviewed here. However, we conclude that there is now sufficient evidence to warn young people that using cannabis could increase their risk of developing a psychotic illness later in life.
And I could find a million other articles claiming otherwise.
Old 11-24-2013, 12:35 PM   #92
SK8R43
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Weed is BAD. the end

Anyone who smokes weed should be ashamed of themselves. /thread
Old 11-24-2013, 12:39 PM   #93
firemon22
Forum User

Send a message via Skype™ to firemon22

mmmm weed.
13 members damn

https://soundcloud.com/djbdock acapellas over my beats
http://tuneport.com/profile/bdockbeats my beats for yall to rap on
firemon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 01:20 PM   #94
popsicle_3000
Legendary Noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by korny View Post
And I could find a million other articles claiming otherwise.
articles posted in journals on the same level as the Lancet, the 2nd highest impact journal in all of medicine?

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Right after sex, it skillboosted me by +10 levels from like a 35-45 about. (Which then 15 min's later I got really tired and couldn't play anymore)

But then my lady friend got pissed off I was playing FFR instead of playing her. Then for the rest of the night she played the 'Only want me for my body' card and I didn't get to sleep with blankets that night.
Quote:
replacing ifitypedhisnameaslargeashisnamesuggests,iwouldgetbanned with theelongatedaustrocanadian3000 (pop).
Quote:

Thousand the farthest
He's gone in an official
Whoop hip hip hooray!
Quote:

@popsicle_3000:
Danger incoming
Three thousand of them
Quote:

friend: hypothetically speaking would you care if i was bisexual or maybe even gay?
dynam0: bro we shower together after sm sessions all the time and i'll still shower with you even if you are gay or w/e thats your thing just dont try to ram my ass HAHAHA
Quote:
pop takin' time out of playing irl Trauma Center to check in on his fiffer buds (mm)
Quote:

Last edited by popsicle_3000; 11-24-2013 at 01:23 PM..
Old 11-24-2013, 01:44 PM   #95
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

I briefly read over that article under the rushed assumption that it applied to anyone and everyone, when in truth the possibility of psychosis only applies to younger individuals who's brains have yet to fully develop as the article suggests.
Old 11-24-2013, 02:25 PM   #96
popsicle_3000
Legendary Noob

Quote:
I briefly read over that article under the rushed assumption that it applied to anyone and everyone, when in truth the possibility of psychosis only applies to younger individuals who's brains have yet to fully develop as the article suggests.
I couldn't find the exclusive application to younger people that you mention...

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Thousand the farthest
He's gone in an official
Whoop hip hip hooray!
Quote:

@popsicle_3000:
Danger incoming
Three thousand of them
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-24-2013, 02:56 PM   #97
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

My "extensive" research points towards psychosis only being a factor for adolescent underdeveloped brains exclusively.
Old 11-24-2013, 02:56 PM   #98
TheSaxRunner05
The Doctor
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Anyone sympathizing for her lacks some serious insight
Or maybe they believe that the punishment was too harsh for the offense. Maybe the parents are too focused on themselves to worry about the inconveniences and responsibilities of continued parenthood to face the issue with their daughter and resolve it. The parents have to show that rash action is not the way to resolve issues. Arresting her and kicking her out seemed quite rash to me.

Sure, punching family members is not behavior that should be ignored. However, you can sit down and discuss where the anger is coming from and solve the actual issue rather than leveraging power as a parent to further demean the son or daughter.

It is a lack of sympathy and communication on both sides which leads to these disastrous situations. With some "serious insight," parents can actually get at solving the issue causing the behavior. Punishment as a solution is only effective when it brings about a positive change in the relationship, which has not happened here.

TheSaxRunner05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 02:57 PM   #99
HalfStep
Can't AAA anything
FFR Veteran

First good post in the thread award goes to saxrunner

4th Official Tournament - D1 34th Place
5th Official Tournament - D3 Last Place
8th Official Tournament - D3 3rd Place
TSR's Summer Golf Tournament - D4 2nd Place
FFR Multiplayer Tournament 2013 - D5 12th Place
YoshL's Tournament of Mediocrity - 2nd Place
TSR's Rates Tournament - Standard 2nd Place
DRG's Team Tournament - Intermediate 1st Place
9th Official FFR Tournament - D5 35th Place

HalfStep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 03:00 PM   #100
Attractive
Banned

why is this thread in the birthday forum?
Attractive is offline   Reply With Quote