Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2011, 10:55 AM   #101
IAAW
FFR Player

Default Re: Maplestory v2

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocobothief12 View Post
Just an FYI if you didn't know, but Battle Mages can't use umbrellas. They are restricted to a staff for their attacks. I made that mistake already. You can save them for the cleric though.
Good to know, but that's okay considering that I've decided to keep my battle mage /w/ a standard build and just go for a pure INT cleric instead. That way, I can justify myself for all the times I called my old level 55 "low LUK" cleric pure INT once I get my cleric to level 55, which shouldn't take much more work. I'll likely stick with a lama staff for my pure INT cleric, but those things are expensive as hell to get your hands on nowadays, assuming that there isn't any more anniversary events in the future.

EDIT: @who_cares: Try a manual download. It might take longer but it may be the only way you're going to be able to download MapleStory if the downloader's giving you trouble IMO.
IAAW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 11:54 AM   #102
BIGEZAY
The ShyGuy
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to BIGEZAY

FFR's guild on GALACIA is called

FFRdoomsquad
BIGEZAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 12:15 PM   #103
IAAW
FFR Player

Eh, don't like that guild name all too much, but it's an interesting name as well. Getting a good name for anything is a bitch anyways, especially considering how many people play MapleStory to begin with. Send me an invite (for both my cleric and battle mage if possible; I know space is limited) and I'll accept it when I can; my internet's acting up at the moment.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:21 PM   #104
Rubin0
FFR Player

I'm thinking of making a new character in galacia. I'll let you guys know if I do. El Nido is too lonely.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:41 PM   #105
IAAW
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubin0 View Post
I'm thinking of making a new character in galacia. I'll let you guys know if I do. El Nido is too lonely.
Please do. We have cookies.

At any rate despite my internet starting to act up on me I got a bit more progress on my cleric done and over with. Gonna do the quest for the raggedy old cape whenever my internet stops acting up, and maybe try to get those squishy shoes from the kerning PQ, and the first belt from the Mu Lung dojo.

I have to admit, going pure INT is a bit easier now, you have a bit more options to choose from in terms of equipment, more or less a more wider variety of such items.
Old 01-30-2011, 02:13 PM   #106
Sakish
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Sakish Send a message via MSN to Sakish Send a message via Skype™ to Sakish

@IAAW, you have to be online to be invited to the guild.
Old 01-30-2011, 02:29 PM   #107
IAAW
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakish View Post
@IAAW, you have to be online to be invited to the guild.
Ah, okay. Internet's still acting up but I can be on long enough to accept a guild invite. I think I'll do it on my battle mage since I may have that as my main character for Galicia.

EDIT: On REDNotEngie2 as of right now. Lagging like a mofo but trying to get some questing done in the meantime while I wait for the guild invite.

Last edited by IAAW; 01-30-2011 at 02:45 PM..
Old 01-30-2011, 02:58 PM   #108
chocobothief12
Getting faster with time
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to chocobothief12

I'll probably get online at some point and make a new DrK in Galicia. Searching for a few skill books for my Demethos Dark Knight and Battle Mage at the moment.
chocobothief12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 09:04 PM   #109
Rubin0
FFR Player

in Galacia right now. IGN = Tinxs
Old 01-30-2011, 10:57 PM   #110
chocobothief12
Getting faster with time
FFR Veteran

New Galicia warrior IGN Sh4dowSp3ars
Old 01-30-2011, 11:18 PM   #111
Rubin0
FFR Player

I just passed your character!
Old 01-31-2011, 12:08 AM   #112
chocobothief12
Getting faster with time
FFR Veteran

Really? lol i must have been grabbing something to eat at the time.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:15 PM   #113
Rubin0
FFR Player

Hoping for a guild invite soon
Old 01-31-2011, 06:32 PM   #114
IAAW
FFR Player

So, today I have managed to get back into my old Nexon account, which hasn't been used in quite some time; nowadays I've been using a different account, because I haven't had access to it for some time. This account basically has my old MapleStory characters, which exist on Bera. Since I really don't want the characters that much anymore, though, I'm at a loss as to what I should even do with them. However, there's a lot of old, possibly valuable stuff that could be on them.

As for my Cleric, it's still the same as I left it at level 52. Had some SP because of some random SP reset (I think), and its essentially full of random junk and the like. Got plenty of surfboards, snowboards, and roses that I could sell if I chose to get rid of it (which I think I'm going to), and my Maple Lama Staff is also an option. As much as I want to keep my Lama Staff, I really can't use the character anymore because I'm on Galicia now. As of such, selling it might be the best thing to do. I also have mules that I could get rid of as well.

In all honesty, though, I think I'm done with the account as a whole. It's all in the past and I really don't want anything else to do with the account anymore. I have new accounts now, and new characters to work on. As of such, I think I may cause a bit of a.... ruckus. More specifically, I'm probably going to drop crap in the FM on Channel 1 and see how many people go nuts trying to get the stuff I drop. The one other option though is character transfers, but it's something I can't afford on my own, and I can't really transfer much other than stats, possibly items and only 1mil mesos. And it's something I don't want to do, either.

On another note, I started a pirate so now I have three characters to level up. Joy. But first, I got stuff to drop in Bera. Just something to do before I basically close up the account forever for the most part. (As in, just stop using it. Again.)

EDIT: Items have been dropped, characters have been deleted. If people didn't know any better they'd say I was hacked. But, still, the deed is done and I'm satisfied. Couldn't character transfer anyway, even if I wanted to. But now, the past is behind me and now I can start looking towards the future in terms of my new account's stuff. In other words, what's done is done and I can't recover from it; I must start anew. Which, well, is what I kinda already did when I started playing again. :P

Last edited by IAAW; 01-31-2011 at 06:47 PM..
Old 01-31-2011, 07:29 PM   #115
Kibblre
Caelondia Represent
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAAW View Post
EDIT: Items have been dropped, characters have been deleted. If people didn't know any better they'd say I was hacked. But, still, the deed is done and I'm satisfied. Couldn't character transfer anyway, even if I wanted to. But now, the past is behind me and now I can start looking towards the future in terms of my new account's stuff. In other words, what's done is done and I can't recover from it; I must start anew. Which, well, is what I kinda already did when I started playing again. :P
Are you saying that it isn't possible or that you didn't want to spend a bit of NX to do so?
Old 01-31-2011, 08:10 PM   #116
Kotarouchan
I only need 3 seconds :)
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Kotarouchan

*sighs* you guys are making me want to create a character outside Windia.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:13 PM   #117
IAAW
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibblre View Post
Are you saying that it isn't possible or that you didn't want to spend a bit of NX to do so?
I simply didn't want to go through the trouble of transferring the character. More specifically, I just didn't want to. When you're lazy, you're lazy.

EDIT: More specifically, I no longer wanted the account, the characters, or generally anything that was on said character. In other words, I didn't want the account in itself anymore. So, I decided to get rid of it. As for character transferring, to be more specific it is something I didn't want to do; what's the point of transferring a character if the character in question was one you didn't want to keep? The only difference would've been being able to keep the items, but even then that was not big enough of a "deterrence" for me to go through the character transfer. They are just items, items that I can earn again, despite being difficult in most cases. If anything else, I'm being stupid, okay?

Last edited by IAAW; 01-31-2011 at 08:39 PM..
Old 01-31-2011, 09:07 PM   #118
chocobothief12
Getting faster with time
FFR Veteran

Wow! I was having a friendly chat with my guild mate and suddenly maple crashes and is now offline. It better not be some kind of unscheduled maintenance. I need my fix of killings and stuff
Old 01-31-2011, 09:14 PM   #119
Kibblre
Caelondia Represent
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocobothief12 View Post
Wow! I was having a friendly chat with my guild mate and suddenly maple crashes and is now offline. It better not be some kind of unscheduled maintenance. I need my fix of killings and stuff
I was on round 5 of Nett's Pyramid =(
Old 01-31-2011, 09:15 PM   #120
banditcom
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to banditcom Send a message via AIM to banditcom Send a message via Yahoo to banditcom Send a message via Skype™ to banditcom

Funny you did that IAAW, as I started back up when Big Bang was released as it's basically a v2.

The guild still exists: Xqsite. Though only my brothers and I play that are in it. They joined Guildless, a long-standing guild in Bera. I made a Dual Blade shortly after Big Bang. Got it to 120 in a month with casual play, but using my funded gear too.

Made a mechanic. Got it to 70 pretty easily. Part for the resistance ring, part because I wanted to try it. I may get it to 120 at some point.

Characters, all in Bera:
banditcom - 166 Night Lord
bandycom - 124 Dual Master
bandocom - 70 Mechanic

I have great gear in terms of pre-potential. I don't have any %luk gear. I put potential on all my items, risking blow up, and then finding out that level matters in terms of potential outcome (as well as can take tons of NX to even get 1 good potential gear). Luckily none of them blew up, but I spent most of my remaining 250m buying advanced potential scrolls.

Right now they are doing an emergency server check for some meso guard dupe exploit that CBs/Shadowers have. I guess you can get "hellbanned" if you received any duped mesos, which means skill points reset to 0, mesos deleted, all items can't be dropped or traded and you can't pick up any items. A level 200 NL I know got a hellbanned on a previous rollback for his shop being open and someone buying an item of his... He currently still can't get his NL fixed by Nexon.

Which, by the way, dragon890x is completely correct about Nexon. They do lazy half-assed fixes that **** over a lot of loyal players. I don't play WoW but I hear they are amazing at solving issues. With Nexon? "Please note that this is an auto-generated message.... Unfortunately, we are continuing to experience a high ticket volume at this time. We have not forgotten you and we apologize that a GM has not yet been able to assist you."

And, I played Maple since shortly after Bera came out. Hosted the first big Zakum speed run that defined speed runs in all versions. At second Zakum defeat in Bera X(... First to defeat Papulatus in Bera. First to get a mount in Bera. First to defeat Horntail in Bera. Leader of the FFR guild that was formed very first day guilds were released. One of the leaders of El Zakum, a VERY successful Zakum-helm selling business back in the day... The buyers would freak out when they saw that Fangblade was their DK.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t37In0_-oVM Part 1 of "the" run. So badass. Miss those days. But love that can actually make more than one character without wasting so much crazy time... Like 30 minutes to level in mid 80s versus the previous 5 hours (or 2.5 hours with 2x).

As for high level training, yeah it's worse in the sense it may take a little longer to train but you don't have to train during only 2x times. Not to mention you don't have to buy it. AND it's going to be solved in a few weeks when Lionheart Castle is released. I'll play my NL some again once it is.

Last edited by banditcom; 01-31-2011 at 09:18 PM..
banditcom is offline   Reply With Quote