Old 09-12-2005, 04:42 PM   #21
QreepyBORIS
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to QreepyBORIS Send a message via MSN to QreepyBORIS

The blues are basically expendable this game. As soon as one of them does their job, they're basically dead. Hooray for having no guardian. :P

On the other hand, the prostitute could build an alliance, which would be pretty helpful until the night after they found a wolf, because they're basically guaranteed to die if they come out. Wait, though, if the seer made an alliance, would they even need to come out at all? All they'd need to do is tell their alliance members who the wolf is, and that way they don't get slaughtered the night after a wolf dies, because they don't have to come out.

But even so, this doesn't seem terribly balanced to me. I don't think I've ever played a game, on FFR or in real life, where there was no kind of guardian at all.

Signature subject to change.

THE ZERRRRRG.
Old 09-12-2005, 04:52 PM   #22
talisman
Resident Penguin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to talisman

both the bookie and the voyeur are sort of half guardians though. but the bookie is pretty ineffective unless it's known he's going to be betting on a certain known human every night or something. and is friends with the voyeur.

speaking of which, the bookie should report to the ho if this plan goes into effect, therefore he can take over the alliance if the ho dies.
Old 09-12-2005, 04:58 PM   #23
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Quote:
tass for instance was basically a sitting duck last night since it was unlikely that the voyeur would use his/her powers night one and there's no guardian. but perhaps the wolves didn't think that way or perhaps tass is considered as good anymore, at least by the wolves.
Tass is hardly a number 1 target anymore. Some people like to keep him alive the whole game just so they can laugh in his face and be like "HAHA YOU COULDN'T FIGURE IT OUT" even though he'll say he had them pinned all along but was just busy no matter what.

That, plus Hans has that whole gut thing, and he was trying to get shit together last night so he was being helpful. I guess Tass wasn't? I dunno, I don't really do TWG over AIM nearly as much as some of you. >_>

Anywho, the point is, recently, wolves go more for the active and helpful people, not just the top tier. Hence why I die alot, because I'm always talking. Whether I'm right or not, I spur other people on. Hans was spurring, getting things going. That's why a lot of people go inactive. Solution: everybody be helpful. I've been saying this for a long time now, but people don't listen to me, I think. Oh well.

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
Old 09-12-2005, 05:02 PM   #24
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

See, the wolves could just keep Tass alive to hope that we will lynch him. A lot of reverse pyschology goes into effect.
Old 09-12-2005, 05:03 PM   #25
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan

I don't have the energy to care about this at all right now. Mondays absolutely suck and I added more running around to it than normal today due to talking with both the head of our school's secondary education program and my Japanese Culture teacher.

I'm amazed I even read through the thread. I didn't bother to read all of Tass' summary of what the blues should do because I'm not one and I'm sure he's spot-on so I don't see a need to care right now. For the record, TSA's plan seems fine to me.

More later. Whether this means tonight or tomorrow I don't know. Sorry for being useless.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Old 09-12-2005, 05:03 PM   #26
SpaceBoy492
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAGod
I'd like you to come out as the prostitue, unless you are a blue. My hope is that the wolves will then kill you, but the voyeur will watch you, too. Then, we'd get one wolf, possibly the master wolf, on day two.

If you pretend like you forget that there is no guardian when you post, that'd be pretty cool. But don't use this strategy as you post. I think it may be the best way for it to work out to use the voyeur. But that's just me. Tell me what you think, about this, no matter what.
I got this PM from TSAGod earlier today, and I'm not quite sure what to think of it.

lol signature
Old 09-12-2005, 05:15 PM   #27
aperson
FFR Hall of Fame
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to aperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBoy492
Quote:
I'd like you to come out as the prostitue, unless you are a blue. My hope is that the wolves will then kill you, but the voyeur will watch you, too. Then, we'd get one wolf, possibly the master wolf, on day two.

If you pretend like you forget that there is no guardian when you post, that'd be pretty cool. But don't use this strategy as you post. I think it may be the best way for it to work out to use the voyeur. But that's just me. Tell me what you think, about this, no matter what.
I got this PM from TSAGod earlier today, and I'm not quite sure what to think of it.
You obviously aren't that good at thinking in general if you come right out and post this shit. You ruined a chance to delve some good information from TSAGod.

nsanelikeafish: tsa PM'd spaceboy
Phonem Recursive: just read that
insanelikeafish: but spaceboy kinda ruined his plan
Phonem Recursive: what the fuck is that guy doing
Phonem Recursive: yeah, just a little bit
insanelikeafish: man, that's pretty good
insanelikeafish: "I'm not quite sure what to think of it."
Phonem Recursive: Spaceboy is a dumb a0.com person
insanelikeafish: really?
insanelikeafish: man
Phonem Recursive: Personally, I see this as putting TSAGod in a bad light
Phonem Recursive: if he is a wolf he is effectively getting the voyeur to waste their lookings
insanelikeafish: oo
Phonem Recursive: if the plan went through spaceboy would say he is the prostitute
insanelikeafish: yeah
Phonem Recursive: the voyeur would watch him
insanelikeafish: waste a watching
Phonem Recursive: and then spaceboy wouldn't get killed
insanelikeafish: while the wolves did nothing
insanelikeafish: yeah
insanelikeafish: either way, we'll never know now that spaceboy put all his cards on the table

Old 09-12-2005, 05:30 PM   #28
TSAGod
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to TSAGod

Quote:
Originally Posted by The First Part of the PM
As of now, you do not have AIM, and that will most likely be a problem in the future. If you end up not getting AIM, I'd like to propose a strategy to help this work out better for you, and the humans as a whole.
Yeah...it was only if he didn't get AIM...

The really isn't much different than the prostitute coming out once he gets a wolf, except that it can be done without the prostitute. Except now it can't work, because the wolves know what would be going down.

With the new roles, it's a lot about figuring out how to play them. When you don't tell everybody the plan, it could work. Maybe.
Old 09-12-2005, 05:38 PM   #29
QreepyBORIS
FFR Player

Everyone give spaceboy a big pat on the back.

And by "pat" I mean "stab". Ugh.

THE ZERRRRRG.
Old 09-12-2005, 05:40 PM   #30
JurseyRider734
lil j the bad b-word
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JurseyRider734 Send a message via Skype™ to JurseyRider734

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceBoy492
Quote:

Hahah, what did I tell ya...idiot.

I feel bad for Hans. I know for a fact that he gets PISSED when he's wolfed night one. This is like..the third time. One of the wolves must want him to NOT PLAY EVER AGAIN because he's threatened many times that if it happened again he would stop playing. Poor Chris.

aperson was just fishy because he and Hans were doing this whole duo thing, him joking like "Hey lets kill that Hans bastard" but I knew he was just doing his linguistic analysis stuff.

No thick evidence on anything. First day of day one...what can you expect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.
Old 09-12-2005, 05:57 PM   #31
mead1
Cerebellumberjack
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to mead1 Send a message via Skype™ to mead1

Bleh. No one has really said anything to gain suspicion from, so I'm still a little hung up on ap and LD...

The whole pm thing with spaceboy is kinda weird. But by weird I don't mean to say suspicious, as I really think it was a good plan. Space kinda ruined it though. Way to go man. Jeez.

Bleh, I'm gonna go pick up my brother and see what I can sort out later. This game is really difficult due to the lack of gaurdian...
Old 09-12-2005, 06:37 PM   #32
TSAGod
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter
Y'all have until 16:00 CST on Wednesday to cast your vote.
....and that is 5PM Eastern time?

I'm considering voting for SpaceBoy because he sucks...but that'd be too easy.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:38 PM   #33
aperson
FFR Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to aperson

yes, that's 5PM EST.

Spaceboy's retarded. He could be a retarded human or a retarded wolf, but all I know is that he's retarded.

Old 09-12-2005, 06:54 PM   #34
QreepyBORIS
FFR Player

No, it's 7PM Eastern.

THE ZERRRRRG.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:59 PM   #35
TSAGod
FFR Player

QreepyBORIS is a wolf!

He's trying to confuse us with the times, making us think they are later then they really are.

16:00 CST is 17:00 EST, or 5:00 PM.

7:00 PM is 19:00 EST, otherwise known as the wrong time.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:00 PM   #36
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

Quote:
I'm considering voting for SpaceBoy because he sucks...but that'd be too easy.
Don't stoop to his level... also, what do you mean that it would be too easy? There are about 3 meanings I can gather from that.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:06 PM   #37
TSAGod
FFR Player

...eh, it's an obvious choice. No thought involved there. He exposed my PM, which would make me dislike him, and hasn't really been constructive yet. And I was half joking. If I was serious, I'd have voted in that post.

If nobody ends up causing any suspicion, I'd rather choose somebody who's not being helpful than to take a stab in the dark.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:07 PM   #38
QreepyBORIS
FFR Player

My bad, thought it said "6:00" CST.

THE ZERRRRRG.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:07 PM   #39
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

No, don't go down that path.

It got my lynched in 3 games.

For real.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:38 PM   #40
SpaceBoy492
FFR Player

Sorry for the stupidity, but I guess at this point you can't really get people to forgive you. =/

I also don't have too much to add, although I can guarantee that TSAGod is not a wolf. Sorry.

lol signature
Closed Thread