Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 06:03 PM   #1
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter
Default TWG XX Postgame

Well, this was a fun game. First: Roles.
  1. mead1 (MASTER WOLF) (bookie'd Night 6)
  2. Tasselfoot (WOLF1) (Lynched Day 2)
  3. SpaceBoy492 (WOLF2) (Bookie'd Night 4)
  4. QreepyBORIS (PROSTITUTE) (Wolfed Night 4)
  5. aperson (VOYEUR) (Wolfed Night 3)
  6. FishFishRevolution (BOOKIE) (Won the game)
  7. HansSky (HUMAN) (Wolfed Night 1)
  8. evilbutterfly (HUMAN) (Lynched Day 1)
  9. talisman (HUMAN) (Wolfed Night 2)
  10. Tps222(HUMAN) (Lynched Day 3)
  11. JurseyRider734 (HUMAN) (Lynched Day 4)
  12. Kilgamayan (HUMAN) (Wolfed Night 5)
  13. TSAGod (HUMAN) (Lynched Day 5)
  14. lightdarkness (HUMAN) (Won the game)
  15. nForcer06164 (HUMAN) (Won the game)
  16. ImEric12 (HUMAN) (Won the game)

As for the blue roles...

To all of you who complained that the roles were totally imbalanced toward the wolves: Eat it.

Seriously, any relatively normal blue roles won't screw over the humans. They don't actually even need special roles; logic and deductive powers are all they really need. This just shows that little imbalances are nothing to worry about.

And, actually, I think the bookie might be a bit overpowered. Of course, had Fish bookie'd someone else at the end of the last day, it would have been 1v2, a great situation for mead.

As for the voyeur, sure, wolves don't have to worry about guardians, but it can still screw them if they're caught. AND it can be faked, even by humans. By the way, ap used all three of his voyeurings (actually switched off of Hans on Night 1) on the first three days and missed each time. I still support this idea simply because the wolves can't take the risk that the voyeur's out, AND because the voyeur may not live long enough to hold on to some.

Prostitute, well, nothing special here, just a seer, although ap did get blackmailed the first day, it didn't matter.

Now it's award time!

MVP award: aperson for his ability to create an alliance by just being so damned convincing.

Honorable mention: FishFish, for coming up with some sweet plans.

Bonehead award: Tasselfoot, for trying to pull that fake prostitute stunt. Not only did you fail really hard, no amount of attention to the thread would have saved you, I'm convinced, and plus, you brought Space down with you. GG.

Almost got the bonehead award: FishFish. After all the planning of coming down on mead like a sack of hammers, he ends up voting for TSA on the last Day. Had he not bookie'd mead at the end, that mistake would have cost the humans the game.

Why'd you even sign up award: SpaceBoy492

Okay, criticism on the story? The gory death messages were sub-par for my standards, but I had a whole lot of fun writing the story. I hope everyone got a laugh out of it once or twice.

Now, DISCUSS!

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandiagod View Post
Quote:
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
Old 09-27-2005, 06:10 PM   #2
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan
Default RE: TWG XX Postgame

I was all set to move to ban FishFish from TWG for stupidity (I told him the night I died that mead was the last wolf) until Guido reminded me that he had a kill and mead was going to die anyway. >_>

Sorry for all the lying, by the way.
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Old 09-27-2005, 06:12 PM   #3
ImEric12
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to ImEric12

Goood game.

Sorry for not switching to mead, LD. We won, anyway =D

Old 09-27-2005, 06:14 PM   #4
FishFishRevolution
GotR Creator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to FishFishRevolution Send a message via Yahoo to FishFishRevolution Send a message via Skype™ to FishFishRevolution

Say it LD.

EDIT: I request a ban out of general stupidity on my part. I came out to aperson on Day 1 >.< He mind-haxed me. Luckily it played in my favor in the end, but seriously, what a bad Day 1.
Old 09-27-2005, 06:23 PM   #5
GuidoHunter
is against custom titles
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GuidoHunter Send a message via Skype™ to GuidoHunter

By the way, Mad mad props to anyone who caught all of my references in the stories.

Oh, and:

This Is Chardish (4:19:19 PM): The wolves are going to dominate, however.
This Is Chardish (4:19:21 PM): Game is imba.
ElSoyokaze (4:19:27 PM): imba?
This Is Chardish (4:19:34 PM): Imbalanced.
ElSoyokaze (4:19:41 PM): Perhaps.
This Is Chardish (4:19:58 PM): Let's put a little friendly wager on it, shall we?
This Is Chardish (4:20:34 PM): I bet the wolves win. If I'm right, you get the custom title of "Worst TWG Player Ever" for 2 weeks.
This Is Chardish (4:20:41 PM): If you're right, I get that title.
This Is Chardish (4:20:45 PM): Do we have a bet?
ElSoyokaze (4:27:03 PM): I accept the terms of the wager.
This Is Chardish (4:27:30 PM): IT IS ON
ElSoyokaze (4:27:33 PM): e-shake.
This Is Chardish (4:27:37 PM): e-shake

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Quote:
Quote:
She has an asshole, in other pics you can see a diaper taped to her dead twin's back.
Sentences I thought I never would have to type.
Old 09-27-2005, 06:32 PM   #6
Kilgamayan
Super Scooter Happy
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Kilgamayan

Oh snap!
I watched clouds awobbly from the floor o' that kayak. Souls cross ages like clouds cross skies, an' tho' a cloud's shape nor hue nor size don't stay the same, it's still a cloud an' so is a soul. Who can say where the cloud's blowed from or who the soul'll be 'morrow? Only Sonmi the east an' the west an' the compass an' the atlas, yay, only the atlas o' clouds.
Old 09-27-2005, 06:36 PM   #7
FishFishRevolution
GotR Creator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to FishFishRevolution Send a message via Yahoo to FishFishRevolution Send a message via Skype™ to FishFishRevolution

Guido just pointed this out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mead1
My only other time being a wolf is TWG XII
Man I didn't see that. Hahahahah.
Old 09-27-2005, 06:40 PM   #8
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

My "bonehead" reasoning for everything....

Killing Hans night 1. I originally wanted to kill ap, obviously. We agreed it was too risky. I wanted to kill Talisman or Qreepy night 1, as they wouldn't be voyeured and are active. In the end, we decided to go with Hans, obvious reasoning.

Day 1... the PM from Space was my idea, as ap deduced. If he was dead, it never would have come up. Oh well. My reasoning for it was exactly what happened (apart from ap)... take him to be damn stupid. For reference, he IS damn stupid, with the post regarding TSA ("I guarentee he is human") and having to baby him through the entire time I was alive. Alas, ap... and then LD, decided he was worth seering.

Night 2 on Talisman... same reasoning as to why I wanted him dead night 1. Again, would have rather had ap... too risky.

Day 2... now, this is the situation. I know I get seered. I get seered just about every damn game. As a regular wolf, I knew I needed to do something to attempt to save myself before the real seer comes out against me. Lo and behold, Qreepy HADN'T seered me, although after talking to him, he may or may not have done it night 3... anyway, I felt there was a strong change I had been seered night 1 or 2, especially after all the talk ap put out on my on day 1. So I come out. I came out against LD because everyone was suspicious of him day 1. I forgot that in picking LD... I had to deal with LD. The kid who spends more time online than I do. So, basically, he had 24/7 to talk to everyone in the game, while I had practically none, being in San Antonio. Maybe if I wasn't there, it would have been a different story, maybe not. Moot point. LD blows up, people believe him, I have no time to try to change their minds. Looking back, nForcer would have been a much better target. It would have worked against him, although it would have gotten REAL interesting had Qreepy came out.

Night 3, I'm dead... and my fellow wolves do the idiot thing. They kill ap. Qreepy also seers Space. Bookie kills space night 4.

Night 4, mead is smart and kills Qreepy... even though he had no idea he was the seer.

Day 4, Kilga continues spouting his prophetic wisdom about being holier than everyone and knowing everything. To me, this was an excellent person to get lynched. He gets Jurs lynched, game goes on.

Night 5 should have killed Eric, IMO. ap and I talked about this... and figured Eric was the best target, as Kilga would make a good target to attack day 5. mead kills Kilga instead. Kilga flat out lies to LD (if there even was a PM) and that results in the actions on day 5.

Day 5... mead. Why didn't you 1. ask LD to post the PM? 2. post your convo with Kilga to show you weren't lying... evidence is KEY, and someone might have believed you had you done this. Doubtful LD, since he knew Kilga was lying to begin with.

Either way, mead convinces Eric and Fish to KiB TSA... Fish is smart enough to realize he has a free kill, and uses it on mead. Now, again, the Kilga kill comes back to lose the game. Even killing LD night 5, and the game goes on. Because Kilga takes over LDs vote, still KiB, mead still wins... but day 6 happens because there is no bookie kill... and mead actually has a shot to lynch nForcer to win.

The kill of Kilga was the turning point (well, 2nd... my lynching was the 1st)

Also, I had this convo with Kilga last night, because I don't agree with his strategy AT ALL. If I was a human, I'd be damn pissed at the flat out lying, because in my mind, I'd have attacked Kilga... not any "behind the scenes mystery person." All that acting was so BS it wasn't even funny. I had no idea what Kilga knew, but I knew he was full of shit from Day 3 on. I would have lynched him in a heartbeat, especially after Jurs died and the game didn't end... his logic wasn't sound in his actions, and in my opinion, getting mead was "luck". A 50/50 chance.

TasselFoot: so.... what i don't get is.... why all the lying, even when you were dying.... its like... you were being the devil.
*** Auto-response from bjstrattonim: I'm probably around, playing video games or watching TV or some such. Give me a minute to get back to you.
bjstrattonim: Means to an end.
*** Auto-response sent to bjstrattonim: Yo. Lemme haul some ends. I'll hitcha back on the 1st my brotha.
TasselFoot: explain
bjstrattonim: In the case of the voyeur report, the group of us had narrowed the last wolf down to Jurs and mead.
bjstrattonim: We figure we can claim the voyeur told us Jurs is the wolf, and if that guess is wrong, blame it on mead as a fake.
TasselFoot: how just those two? why not nforcer or eric?
bjstrattonim: Jurs and mead were our top two suspicions.
bjstrattonim: I forget exactly why.
TasselFoot: right... so then if both were wrong? you all come off looking like flat out idiots, and will almost certainly lose.
TasselFoot: as everyone else will come back and lynch you
TasselFoot: i like my way alot better. the direct approach: my top suspicion, aka... the "alliance" top suspicion is such and such. they die.
TasselFoot: if it isn't them, we move down the list. no other explanation is needed.
TasselFoot: no lying.
bjstrattonim: Oh well.
TasselFoot: really, i see no reason that nforcer and eric couldn't have been on that list.... i just see you getting lucky... 50%, in getting mead. and you may not even get him.
bjstrattonim: Maybe we did.
bjstrattonim: But a win's a win.
TasselFoot: not over yet.
bjstrattonim: Well, true.
Old 09-27-2005, 06:55 PM   #9
aperson
FFR Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to aperson

I knew I'd get the MVP award. I deduce that Tass is the wolf and choose to keep Qreepy hidden so that he will die without the real ho coming forward. Then I set up the bookieing of Spaceboy by having the alliance kill TPS no matter what and have fishfish bookie that TPS will get lynched. I got the alliance together but didn't let anyone know each other's roles. Basically, it was me at the core with everyone I knew extended around me. They knew they were in the alliance, they just didn't know who else was. It was basically me, Qreepy, Fishfish, and LD, with Kilga at the end right before I died. Qreepy came to me day 2 as the ho, don't know why he didn't day 1, guess he thought I might've been MW since I was slept with night 1. I wrenched Fishfish's role out of him by fucking with his head, and I let LD in when I deduced that Tass was certainly a wolf.

All in all, this was a great game, I am kind of disappointed with the dumbness of the play after I died though... but it worked out.

I'd also give a bonehead award to TPS. He thinks he's clever by trying stupid bullshit, the problem is he has no reasoning behind his bullshit... so he just comes off as being a fucking idiot that is holding the game back.

Edit: I'd also like to add Kilga's TWC ploy was pretty fuckin brilliant.

Old 09-27-2005, 07:07 PM   #10
User6773

Quote:
Originally Posted by mead1
My only other time being a wolf is TWG XII
YOU WIN THE STUPID PRIZE

And all of you guys who were alive at the time win Associate Stupid Prizes for not pointing that out. Especially anyone who voted for TSA.

Spaceboy: GB2JTWG4EVA

Tass: I had banked money on you winning this one, but then you pull that fake blue crap and suck horribly at executing it. Picking LD was the big mistake, you should have picked someone insanely inactive. You knew LD was going to throw a huge hissy fit.

All players: Y'all should have realized that I couldn't have voted on a TWC issue when I was in Wales for the weekend.

So what say that XXI signups get delayed until Monday? Seeing as I'm going to be active enough to play, but I'll be in Ireland this week and weekend and can't post.

Oh, and the title comes off 12 October.

Old 09-27-2005, 07:16 PM   #11
talisman
Resident Penguin
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to talisman

I think towards the end I wanted to scream at people for not voting on evidence and voting on "well he made himself seem human to me" (ahem, fishfish). and then rofl at mead for the "both ld and I are human" tactic. I have no clue how he managed to get so many votes on tsa without people noticing that he was acting completely differently than normal.

Plus mead's posts towards the end were hilariously wolfish, defending himself prematurely, overreacting, talking about the humans as "you guys" not "us".

But whatever, props to ap I guess for forming the alliance. unprops to fish for coming out to ap like he did. but I already sort of chewed him out about that

I hope I haven't become the night two target now. It's kind of lame leaving a game right before real evidence comes in.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:16 PM   #12
FishFishRevolution
GotR Creator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I talked with mead, and I thought he was just harmless being picked on, but on the other hand, I had LD who was intent that he was a wolf. I wasn't just going to blindly vote with LD, plus I just wanted to be a dissenting vote for the public light. I never thought it would turn into a KitB. TSA was suspicious until the PM thing, then I thought that was a human effort and dismissed suspicion. When mead voted TSA, I thought "well, TSA might be just playing his cards really well, I've only seen his jTWG games, better not underestimate." Instead I underestimated the mead, but luckily, I never intended to let him live even if he won the KitB.

I'd also like to give aperson kudos for giving me the intellectual boost of a lifetime. Without that thinking patern ingrained in me due to fear, there was no way I would've come up with some of the plans that I did (although half of them were never executed).

Now maybe I'll actually be able to pull of a successful game of TWG without solely relying on luck.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:16 PM   #13
evilbutterfly
FFR Player

Quote:
evilbutterfly (HUMAN) (Lynched Day 1)
D=<

PS: I kinda stopped reading after that.

In less-depressing news, I got a job for an online business (which sells non-electronic games, of all things!) which has taught me a lot about marketing online and all that jazz.

So now I'm on Twitter @NoahWright.
And I write the blog for their website.

Plus I do cool programming in-house that you'll never see. =O
Old 09-27-2005, 07:20 PM   #14
aperson
FFR Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to aperson
Default Re: RE: TWG XX Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilbutterfly
Quote:
evilbutterfly (HUMAN) (Lynched Day 1)
D=<

PS: I kinda stopped reading after that.
Blues were in danger, I had to go for an easy kill and that was you.

Old 09-27-2005, 07:22 PM   #15
talisman
Resident Penguin

I'd like to add to tass that a couple of your day one posts definitely raised flags with multiple people. Maybe it's because you've been human so many times in a row that the subtly differences were easy to pick up on but I dunno. The posts in question are your first and the one after tsa's plan. Something about the way you completely ignored the ap-ld situation above you in that first post and seemed in a hurry to get your "approval" on the plan just came off weird.

Of course no one really voted on it day one but it was noticed.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:30 PM   #16
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness

WTF, I get no honorable mention?

I CONVINCED EVERYONE TASS WAS A WOLF, NOT ME

I FOUGHT AP TO GET SPACEBOY SEER'D

I FLIPPED OUT AT SERVERAL PEOPLE FOR ALMOST 3 DAYS TO GET MEAD SEER'D

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR

much love <3
Old 09-27-2005, 07:34 PM   #17
mead1
Cerebellumberjack
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to mead1 Send a message via Skype™ to mead1

Yeah, I was wolf.

Yeah, I also did some stupid things.

But know that if Fish hadn's been so darn lucky with that bookie'ing, I may very well have won that game. My plan was to get Fish to help me to insta nforcer, since not only did he have a phantom, but Fish had expressed his suspicions of him several times.

Anyway, I had a great time this game. I came pretty close, but my hat goes out to Fish for bookie'ing me. I look forward to XXI
Old 09-27-2005, 07:42 PM   #18
talisman
Resident Penguin

that's why you shouldn't have killed kilga... as tass pointed out. Then there would have been no bookieing.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:00 PM   #19
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness

I should get MVP, I got 3 wolves :'(
Old 09-27-2005, 08:09 PM   #20
Afrobean
Admiral in the Red Army
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Afrobean

It's too bad that TWC thing was faked.

Just kidding. Tass is alright now.

Seriously though, his response to it was so funny.

Tass: it doesn't matter cuz stuff said within the game be taken out of the game
LD: o that's cool go ahead and ban Tass

Totally obvious.

PS If I miss the next signups I will kill someone. I REALLY wanted to be in on this game.