Old 12-3-2016, 06:57 AM   #1
DJSp00nr
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Question Playing with Tourettes Syndrome

Sorry if this is in wrong place, first ever thread::

Hey guys, Been here about 4 years without saying hello... so hi :P

As the title states, I have tourettes syndrome and I was just wondering if anybody would have any advice for me if possible.

As I am playing any kind of rythm based game, my fingers tend to go off track (so to speak) and press other buttons. This only happens when im playing rythm based games, which sucks as I love these types of games.

Any advice on how I could ease this or stop it from happening? It would be awesome! Thank you! And also have a great day/night!
DJSp00nr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-3-2016, 03:27 PM   #2
IamMe90
FFR Player

Default Re: Playing with Tourettes Syndrome

Hey man,

This is very funny timing because I was just thinking of making this thread a few days ago but i thought "naw, who the fuck else would have tourette in this insanely small subsection of the population (ie, FFR members)?" but were here are!

I've been playing with tourette syndrome for a little over 10 years. It's definitely a hindrance and results in a lot of randome CBs/black flags/etc on things that should be easy files.

unfortunately, I don't really have great advice specific to rhythm games. I try to express my tics in between faster bursts of notes. I play spread, so sometimes ill switch over to just using two fingers when there are only notes in up-right or down-left so i can do something with the other two for a little relief.

TLDR; hey ive never met someone else with tourette before, cool! i don't really have any great answers, other than try to focus your energy on the music. feel free to PM me if you want about this

Last edited by IamMe90; 12-3-2016 at 03:27 PM..
IamMe90 is offline   Reply With Quote