Old 03-20-2020, 03:33 PM   #3961
TWG Cherry
FFR Player
 
TWG Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Age: 71
Posts: 5
Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Cherry View Post
precisely my thought, thank you what what

I also seriously dislike that you keep being like 'oh but I could change my mind so let's wait on this'

what was the point of bringing that possibility up in the first place if you weren't sure about it? make the push on me after you've done a reread and not changed your mind
'you' referring to Julian, after posting I realized this was slightly ambiguous what what
TWG Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 03:43 PM   #3962
TWG Punchy
FFR Player
 
TWG Punchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Age: 54
Posts: 5
Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

I feel like just stopping this post at D2. Obviously I'm still gonna read D3 again, but holy fuck this is getting way too big.


mrmpht
TWG Punchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 03:44 PM   #3963
TWG Agent S
FFR Player
 
TWG Agent S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 5
Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Cherry View Post
also agreeing with Cole that I do not at all believe agent s thought that's what bussing meant what what
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Cole View Post
i instictly do not believe you thought that was what bussing was
Y'all can 'bus' on that idea if you'd like, but neither of you will realize the answer to this until post-game when usernames are shown.
TWG Agent S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 03:45 PM   #3964
TWG Agent S
FFR Player
 
TWG Agent S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 5
Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Punchy View Post
I feel like just stopping this post at D2. Obviously I'm still gonna read D3 again, but holy fuck this is getting way too big.


mrmpht
It better be at least 3x the size of my Iso post on Rolf.
TWG Agent S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 03:54 PM   #3965
TWG Punchy
FFR Player
 
TWG Punchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Age: 54
Posts: 5
Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Agent S View Post
It better be at least 3x the size of my Iso post on Rolf.
At this rate, it's so monolithic that I'm concerned if anyone will read it.
TWG Punchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 03:56 PM   #3966
TWG Cherry
FFR Player
 
TWG Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Age: 71
Posts: 5
Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

I will read the mega post what what
TWG Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 03:57 PM   #3967
TWG Agent S
FFR Player
 
TWG Agent S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 5
Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Punchy View Post
At this rate, it's so monolithic that I'm concerned if anyone will read it.
It better be so monolithic that it converts the thread into a legendary thread.
TWG Agent S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 03:58 PM   #3968
TWG Cherry
FFR Player
 
TWG Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Age: 71
Posts: 5
Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Agent S View Post
Y'all can 'bus' on that idea if you'd like, but neither of you will realize the answer to this until post-game when usernames are shown.
this post disgusts me what what
TWG Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 04:01 PM   #3969
TWG Punchy
FFR Player
 
TWG Punchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Age: 54
Posts: 5
Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Agent S View Post
It better be so monolithic that it converts the thread into a legendary thread.
Are you gonna read it or shitpost about it while waiting instead of doing other digging?
TWG Punchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 04:03 PM   #3970
TWG Agent S
FFR Player
 
TWG Agent S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 5
Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Cherry View Post
this post disgusts me what what
Your 'mindmeld' with Cole disgusts me what what
TWG Agent S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 04:04 PM   #3971
TWG Cole
FFR Player
 
TWG Cole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Age: 48
Posts: 5
Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Agent S View Post
Y'all can 'bus' on that idea if you'd like, but neither of you will realize the answer to this until post-game when usernames are shown.
i am extremely close to refusing to believe that you have never heard the phrase "throw your partner under the bus"

this is in addition to it being suspicious that this is your argument instead of a more natural town answer of "it just never clicked" "i never heard the term" "had it wrong in ny head for years" etc but if history repeats i know this point is going to get handwaved away
TWG Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 04:04 PM   #3972
TWG Cherry
FFR Player
 
TWG Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Age: 71
Posts: 5
Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Agent S View Post
Your 'mindmeld' with Cole disgusts me what what
whatever you say sidekick
TWG Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 04:05 PM   #3973
TWG Cole
FFR Player
 
TWG Cole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Age: 48
Posts: 5
Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

to me agent s response is too passive agreesive to be coming from a mindset of helping town
TWG Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 04:08 PM   #3974
TWG Phil
FFR Player
 
TWG Phil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Age: 58
Posts: 6
Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Punchy View Post
At this rate, it's so monolithic that I'm concerned if anyone will read it.
im probably not going to be here in time to read it during this phase
TWG Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 04:08 PM   #3975
TWG Punchy
FFR Player
 
TWG Punchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Age: 54
Posts: 5
Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

Fuck it, I'm gonna post it. I'm just burnt out at this point. Got over 2300 posts in and my brain is just all fucked. Gimme a second for formatting.
TWG Punchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 04:09 PM   #3976
TWG Punchy
FFR Player
 
TWG Punchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Age: 54
Posts: 5
Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

I'd much rather not read this bullshit, and I'm still impressed that you managed to navigate your way through the reread, Phil. Granted you had less posts to deal with, but this is some shit.
TWG Punchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 04:09 PM   #3977
TWG Agent S
FFR Player
 
TWG Agent S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 5
Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Cherry View Post
cole and flurry are next on my list what what
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Cherry View Post
precisely my thought, thank you what what
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Cherry View Post
also agreeing with Cole that I do not at all believe agent s thought that's what bussing meant what what

Sure, Whatever I say.
TWG Agent S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 04:11 PM   #3978
TWG Cherry
FFR Player
 
TWG Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Age: 71
Posts: 5
Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

news flash agreeing with him on shit doesn't automatically clear him from my lynching list what what

I still very much want to lynch him after you
TWG Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 04:11 PM   #3979
TWG Agent S
FFR Player
 
TWG Agent S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 5
Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Cherry View Post
news flash agreeing with him on shit doesn't automatically clear him from my lynching list what what

I still very much want to lynch him after you
Still some awkward af distancing fmpov.

Will see if that still holds up.
TWG Agent S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 04:12 PM   #3980
TWG Punchy
FFR Player
 
TWG Punchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Age: 54
Posts: 5
Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

First, let me preface this post by saying that the way this game went down has been different from a good variety of games I've been a part of. Most of this centers around the fact that the night kills have been hyper-focused on the claims and not on potential non-wagons and would-be sleuths. This isn't saying that anyone who has died by NK (not Boomer's vigi shots) is either of these, but it's definitely not the usual cat and mouse of hunting for blues or eliminating threats.
As this is the case, I won't put much stake into the night kill for how it affects my reads, because it'll only lead me down a silly path and just obfuscate what I'm looking for: wolfy behaviour. Down the line, if we don't win by the time all the blues are dead, we'll be able to look back at this info and potentially follow some lines of logic to their conclusion once certain towns are picked off for purely strategic reasons and not PR hunting reasons.
In addition, I have not included Eugeneís slot in this because I really, truly believe they are town. I have a very good idea on who they are as a player, and this is something counter to their wolf game. Call it shit all you want for me invoking metagame, but this is not a wolf performance for them at all.

That being said, let's begin this terrible, lengthy journey through this TWG thread.

--

I know the flavour is cool with greying avatars, but for the people who have had replacements, it is a bit annoying to get used to the fact that theyíre just not dead.


FLURRY
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Flurry View Post
I wonder if we can take advantage of wolves or take advantage of the acquisitioner to get some sort of edge, but I don't really understand how that could happen.

At the very least, this sounds like a good topic to see how others feel me thinks. I can echo on that.

My initial thought was that Phil was suspicious for saying he would lay low and request the Acquisitioner to take their slot.

It made me feel like the Acquisitioner could be them. Unfortunately, this sounds very surface level.

Next page, I get to see Apollo go in a similar direction and I feel like many players are coming to the conclusion that this is something they want to tackle in some way.

Agent S' posts doesn't really lean me one way or another.

Nothing too conclusive right now.
One of the posts that I halfway referenced during the last EOD stemmed from reading this. This is one of Flurryís earliest posts in the game that has a bunch of reads/observations in the thread. During D1, I was becoming increasingly suspicious of Flurry for some of their comments like ďthunderdome me,Ē and D2 I was slightly backing off because I started to second-guess their nature of playing the game. It seemed like they were just throwing out whatever stuck, but theyíve been doing this all throughout the thread. This isnít just something that cropped up in the middle of the game to start setting themselves up to vote for any wagon that seemed convenient, and is instead from a place of how they play.

Flurry and Phil are the first to point out inactives being potential wolves (Phil attributing the wolves part, Flurry bringing up Del and Dotty/Chrissy/Cole).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Flurry View Post
I'm starting to feel like Julian made a fake case on Molly and then excused himself for appearances only.

Just a bit sad that Molly didn't get here yet.
This does contradict with a post Flurry made earlier agreeing with Agent S on the fact that the read Julian made on Molly was sensible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Flurry View Post
I'm slowly leaning Julian back to null based on more recent interactions.

Just feeling like I had the wrong idea.
If Flurry is a wolf, then they hung up this case very early before they could really get traction on it. They had some interactions with Julian himself, but never really came to much. I like this considering it was a whopping 3.5h before EOD, and Flurry looks to be finding new horizons instead of sitting on some suspicions. (Did you see the joke?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Flurry View Post
I'm voting you every time I'm not voting an inactive unfortunately.
Well, that lasted a while. As we know, they jumped onto Zucker.

APOLLO
Iím sure nobody forgot Apolloís random outburst at the beginning of thinking Agent S is the acquisitioner and quoting themselves asking people to get on board as a theory. Apollo later backtracked this, calling it a joke. Most of Apolloís other posts were weak, contentless (they forgot the day was EOD), and just not really worth looking into. A lackluster D0.


PHIL
As mentioned in Flurryís section, Phil is one of the first to call out for votes on inactives. A second time is when Dora (ironically the acq) pointed out that Acq will go after the least active people to maintain a low cover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Phil View Post
I DID IT
Zucker
I think this is the first major Zucker vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Phil View Post
punchy, Chief is saying you don't give a shit about the game

if I were you, I'd find that offensive
do you not?
Phil is trying to steer me off of Apollo and onto Chief even though I didnít really take Chiefís message as telling me I didnít care about the game. His vote was on Zucker, though, so Iím not sure how much I can read into this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Phil View Post
to be fair, they did expand, just in a very rude way

surprised its just been me and you, though, I agree there

can I interest you in Zucker though?
Forgot about this
Obviously I denied it! Ignore my previous point. Leaving it in there for longevity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Phil View Post
whatever
I guess no one cares
its my fault for not realizing when EOD was

if Zucker ever flips wolf, I reserve the right to say I told you so
and if he flips town, so far, we didn't lose very much

chief
will see if I can do any better quickly
I would hate this if they didnít switch back onto Zucker a minute later.

FAUNA
Fauna is the third to jump on the ďbeat up the inactivesĒ train, but calls out Phil a bit because Phil had his vote on Maple while telling Fauna to vote an inactive herself. Just read the post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Fauna View Post
I will when I get home and look at peopleís counts.

Why are you still voting for uWu?
Not much else for D0.


AGENT S
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Agent S View Post
Really? I don't see these posts as wishy-washy at all. There's been no less than a full page of posts in a small pond of roleplay, that has so far been cause for structure of some early votes. I agree it's worth keeping an eye on, but wishy-washy myself of whether or not it's alignment indicative because defense options on day 5. Not really a stellar idea that I would consider 100% revolutionary and give them all the credit for, sidekick.
Is among the first to defend Flurry. Mentions the fact that Flurry floundering this early isnít her trying to set up lynch options for the future, itís more on how she solves the game. As of right now, Iím going to hold onto digesting the fact that Agent S identified that point this early instead of realizing it later like me. Itís a small defense, but it is noted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Agent S View Post
Isabelle is attempting to smite them*

I've seen a few games of people scathing by with minimal post count activity. Majority of which either fell either into vanilla town, or wolves. Don't think I've ever experienced a game where a major inactive was a town power role, but I assume it's happened, sidekick.

Personal take on my end is that Julian and Flurry are both trying, but trying a little harder than majority of d1 players are comfortable with. There usually isn't much to talk about d1 unless a thing happens.
One big thing here is that Agent S is calling out two people for posting their ideas and trying to get a read on someone. A few people said that they didnít like D0 because reads were tough and thereís not a ton of information, but this borders a bit between trying to stop people from posting ideas (plant suspicion on them) and not seeing how people can have reads on D0. He does backpedal this for Julianís point on Molly, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Agent S View Post
What's your thoughts up until here Rolf? Been somewhat quiet, sitting on free real estate, and 3 of the 5 posts you've made (the other 2 being RP), have all been shifty in terms of directing attention.
Agent S noticed the same thing I pointed out about Rolf in his section (Iím typing this post while reading through every player and just adding whatever relevant quote to each section) about being ďshiftyĒ and shifting attention to partners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Agent S View Post
spicy.

Julian
This is in reaction of Julian bringing up the fact Molly has yet to respond. This was immediately after the exchange between Julian and Agent S about Agent S defending me and saying Julianís activity was their wolf meta (as Agent S was convinced at this time that the knew who Julian was as a player). Agent S said that he didnít think Julianís read on me was wolfy, but here it just looks like heís latching onto this new activity to call out Julian since he didnít want to defend me much more.

ROLF
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Rolf View Post
I hope that this is a general statement and not trying to be a response to me, as that'd make two different people now answering for Tank and that's not a good look.
Rolf, even though a sparse poster D0, cares about his questions being answered by the target. Iíll keep this post in mind if Tank/Rolf ever comes up being a world. I forget the name of Tankís replacement, so work with me here, okay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Rolf View Post
Taking by the bolded portion that you're suspicious of Chief? But then obviously suspicious of Apollo from your vote, so would you believe Apollo's vote is sort of distancing?
Rolf took a bite into my post (the first post heís made since he was a bit AFK during the phase) looking mostly at my scumreads on Chief and Apollo.

Lots of Rolfís posts and points on D0 are defending others and sometimes himself. Iím waiting for a post of his that asserts a case aside from saying ďpeople answering for tank look susĒ and responding politely to Tankís replies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Rolf View Post
Not really a fan, more use would be gotten from having more information on thoughts on smaller group of players than just listing all the players with nothing else to go on. Though they have somewhat already been posting thoughts on a smaller group of players, doing this seems like it's just to appease Phil.

Doing a minimalist reads list like that is something that wolves have done often on this site, so that's not far off at all
No reasoning for this vote here, so it's not clear if the vote is solely based on voting chief or if there was previous issues as well, if it's for voting chief there then again my point regarding wolves making reads lists like that before and also the rest of these posts here which while there's a slight backtrack regarding something being directed towards different player, they still decided to stick with it:
Ah, hereís a Rolf post. I got worried for a moment there. They agree with Apollo that Chiefís reads list is weak and just an appeasement for Phil, and then turns around on Phil for voting Apollo for ambiguous reasons. I thought Philís vote there was pretty clear on why they didnít like Apollo. This is the second time Rolf has been focused on this interaction. First he brought it up with me, and now he brought it up against Phil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Rolf View Post
By certain people do you mean the people that I gave thoughts on that'd you see if you read my latest posts?

And regarding inactives part, I can go one way or the other to be completely honest. The one inactive I was wanting to not vote was Del which I already gave reason about but Punchy has a point about Del's zucker vote being hypocritical so my stance about leaving Del alone if voting for inactives this phase is gone now.
This response here makes me feel that Rolf/Agent S isnít a thing. Their exchange wasnít aggressive, but it was more like ďare you actually reading my posts dummyĒ and I think that would be some pretty tough wolf theatre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Rolf View Post
Yeah, I can still do absolutely nothing with this. You're gonna have to actually put in some work and quote some of the posts I made that deal with the nai stuff so I can get where you're coming from with that.

The part about dora could very well be wrong if they were just doing a general statement as they said they were, but it's good to be mindful of multiple players potentially helping a teammate by answering stuff for them.

The acquisitioner thing is just one tiny part of thoughts on Julian that you just cherrypicked out while ignoring the rest so that doesn't do too well for your read either I'm afraid.
Same as the above point wrt Rolf/Agent S. Similar seems to be going on here with Rolf/Tank where I just donít see a connection. Iím expecting more softball responses, not really this ďI have no idea what the hell youíre talking aboutĒ stance.


TANK
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Tank View Post
sis im happy to wingman for you
no need to freak out any time someone mentions punchy
Aside from the times Tank took the opportunity to make jokes and do some minor callouts of Rolf, this is a weird post. Agent S had an issue with Julian voting for me, and this was Tankís reply to that. Iím not really sure where this lands. Is it a defense of me? Saying Agent S is wrong? Itís very odd. It could be another joke and Iím just going to end up missing it because Tank is gone now. For what itís worth, on this reread, Tankís posts are a bit more understandable than I was giving them credit for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Tank View Post
don't like the apollo lynch. dude has big beak energy

phil I can tell is a welcoming birdy
Noted this defense without really any reasoning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Tank View Post
i can go either way
think i prefer to del
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Tank View Post
[twgv]zucker/twgv]
This combo of posts is whack because:
Responding to a question intended for Phil
The options were Zucker and Mathilda. Del was not mentioned
Immediately votes Zucker, lmao
TWG Punchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution