Old 03-19-2020, 11:58 AM   #3821
TWG Julian
FFR Player
 
TWG Julian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Age: 55
Posts: 5
Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

i understand why people were on maple and would be inclined to stay there, and i understand there were only a couple minutes left before eod, but i'm still kind of shocked nobody jumped on that line and voted there
TWG Julian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 11:59 AM   #3822
TWG Phil
FFR Player
 
TWG Phil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Age: 58
Posts: 6
Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Julian View Post
phil, can i get your take on agent s's bus line?
I decided yesterday not to care about when Fauna said it, so I'm not going to care about Agent S saying it

either of them can be wolves, and I won't lie by saying I wouldn't think its funny if they both were, but its just like

we've played enough TWG to know that its not really ever that easy, yeah?

you actually fucking reminded me that my first post this phase was going to be me defining bus and I forgot to do it and now I'm sad
TWG Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 12:01 PM   #3823
TWG Flurry
FFR Player
 
TWG Flurry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Age: 58
Posts: 5
Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Julian View Post
i understand why people were on maple and would be inclined to stay there, and i understand there were only a couple minutes left before eod, but i'm still kind of shocked nobody jumped on that line and voted there
That comma after the "bus me" had me thinking tbh.

If the "and" was alone, I would have assumed that he really separated the "that wolves" + "bus me" from the "town's set" part as two separate entities.
TWG Flurry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 12:01 PM   #3824
TWG Julian
FFR Player
 
TWG Julian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Age: 55
Posts: 5
Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Phil View Post
I decided yesterday not to care about when Fauna said it, so I'm not going to care about Agent S saying it

either of them can be wolves, and I won't lie by saying I wouldn't think its funny if they both were, but its just like

we've played enough TWG to know that its not really ever that easy, yeah?

you actually fucking reminded me that my first post this phase was going to be me defining bus and I forgot to do it and now I'm sad
yeah, i don't think it's that easy either. fauna saying it came at a calmer moment though, right? the reason i was sold on it at that moment is because i know how rushed and stressful eod is for people, so a "slip" made at that moment is way way way more likely to be legit over one made halfway through the phase

and i was thinking about that too. but i'd rather we let agent s define it himself first, lest he point out your defense and say yeah i meant it that way
TWG Julian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 12:02 PM   #3825
TWG Julian
FFR Player
 
TWG Julian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Age: 55
Posts: 5
Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

thinking about that too = the definition of bus and its usage

phil, i wouldn't post your definition yet. let agent s describe it in their own words first
TWG Julian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 12:04 PM   #3826
TWG Phil
FFR Player
 
TWG Phil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Age: 58
Posts: 6
Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Julian View Post
thinking about that too = the definition of bus and its usage

phil, i wouldn't post your definition yet. let agent s describe it in their own words first
ok
TWG Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 12:09 PM   #3827
TWG Phil
FFR Player
 
TWG Phil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Age: 58
Posts: 6
Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Julian View Post
yeah, i don't think it's that easy either. fauna saying it came at a calmer moment though, right? the reason i was sold on it at that moment is because i know how rushed and stressful eod is for people, so a "slip" made at that moment is way way way more likely to be legit over one made halfway through the phase
I guess?
it feels like a reach to be talking about this kind of thing
specifically, believing its a slip for agent s and not for fauna for reason x
TWG Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 12:10 PM   #3828
TWG Julian
FFR Player
 
TWG Julian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Age: 55
Posts: 5
Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

i liked punchy's defensive and aggressive tone at eod, but i don't like where his mind went for why some of us were suspicious of him

for me, i thought his quietness and non-contributions were out of character considering how he floated the chief possibility during zucker's wagon and how he was actively thinking about and responding to del and i think flurry and the potential for wagons on them. if punchy's a wolf then there's incentive to move the wagon away from zucker but not so much maple, hence why he'd be less active

he seemed to think it was because he didn't follow through on his pledge to reread the thread. i can't imagine anyone finding that suspicious given how much there is to read through here. i think it's more suspicious to keep trying to reread instead of being an active and present voice during eod, honestly
TWG Julian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 12:13 PM   #3829
TWG Julian
FFR Player
 
TWG Julian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Age: 55
Posts: 5
Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Phil View Post
I guess?
it feels like a reach to be talking about this kind of thing
specifically, believing its a slip for agent s and not for fauna for reason x
i'm not gonna keep harping on it like it's a smoking gun, but i figured people would find it hypocritical to be suspicious of agent s's but not fauna's so i'd clear it up
TWG Julian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 12:15 PM   #3830
TWG Phil
FFR Player
 
TWG Phil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Age: 58
Posts: 6
Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Julian View Post
he seemed to think it was because he didn't follow through on his pledge to reread the thread. i can't imagine anyone finding that suspicious given how much there is to read through here. i think it's more suspicious to keep trying to reread instead of being an active and present voice during eod, honestly
if someone was very chipper about rereading, I'd agree
he was talking about how he hated it, I think, which is how I felt

I haven't reread that EOD, and I'll pay some attention to Punchy since you et al have mentioned him since, but I wasn't really thinking about him at the time until you threw his name out there
TWG Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 12:16 PM   #3831
TWG Julian
FFR Player
 
TWG Julian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Age: 55
Posts: 5
Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

cherry's posts this phase come across as kind of stilted to me. maybe i'm reading too much into it

and speaking of reading, i'll start my big reread later on tonight. i'm hoping that'll help me to clear up some things
TWG Julian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 12:19 PM   #3832
TWG Cherry
FFR Player
 
TWG Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Age: 71
Posts: 5
Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Julian View Post
cherry's posts this phase come across as kind of stilted to me. maybe i'm reading too much into it

and speaking of reading, i'll start my big reread later on tonight. i'm hoping that'll help me to clear up some things
how are my posts this phase much different from others what what

I'm phoneposting and giving thoughts so I'm not gonna be super wordy

for the record I don't think agent s made an actual slip but I do think he's probably the best lynch today right now
TWG Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 12:20 PM   #3833
TWG Julian
FFR Player
 
TWG Julian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Age: 55
Posts: 5
Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

i'll be back later on, but while you're here, phil, what's the TWG term for how wolves are more likely to have random words added or missing in their posts because they're the ones more likely to be editing them? stuff like "i'll be back later on, but and while you're here, phil, what's the the TWG term"
TWG Julian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 12:22 PM   #3834
TWG Julian
FFR Player
 
TWG Julian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Age: 55
Posts: 5
Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Cherry View Post
how are my posts this phase much different from others what what

I'm phoneposting and giving thoughts so I'm not gonna be super wordy

for the record I don't think agent s made an actual slip but I do think he's probably the best lynch today right now
i think i'm probably reading too much into it then. i don't know. i don't really want to have any kind of opinion until i reread since most of my feelings towards you have been gutreads
TWG Julian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 12:23 PM   #3835
TWG Cherry
FFR Player
 
TWG Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Age: 71
Posts: 5
Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

it feels to me like you're still harbouring a grudge from me tunneling on you earlier what what
TWG Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 12:25 PM   #3836
TWG Julian
FFR Player
 
TWG Julian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Age: 55
Posts: 5
Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

cherry, i'm sorry to say but i honest to god don't remember you tunneling on me, lol
TWG Julian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 12:26 PM   #3837
TWG Julian
FFR Player
 
TWG Julian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Age: 55
Posts: 5
Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

but perhaps my subconscious does. you'll have to take it up with them instead
TWG Julian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 12:27 PM   #3838
TWG Phil
FFR Player
 
TWG Phil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Age: 58
Posts: 6
Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Julian View Post
i'll be back later on, but while you're here, phil, what's the TWG term for how wolves are more likely to have random words added or missing in their posts because they're the ones more likely to be editing them? stuff like "i'll be back later on, but and while you're here, phil, what's the the TWG term"
there's not a term for that that I've heard
overly verbose is what I would say, obviously that's not what you're asking
TWG Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 12:28 PM   #3839
TWG Cherry
FFR Player
 
TWG Cherry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Age: 71
Posts: 5
Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Julian View Post
i'll be back later on, but while you're here, phil, what's the TWG term for how wolves are more likely to have random words added or missing in their posts because they're the ones more likely to be editing them? stuff like "i'll be back later on, but and while you're here, phil, what's the the TWG term"
I don't think that sort of thing is necessarily alignment indicative what what

I have a tendency to make a post as I go and am bad at remembering to proofread
TWG Cherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 12:30 PM   #3840
TWG Phil
FFR Player
 
TWG Phil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Age: 58
Posts: 6
Default Re: TWG 193: Animal Crossing [Game Thread]

I definitely just do that in general
I use semicolons incorrectly more often than basically everyone and I have no excuse for it
TWG Phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution