Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2010, 11:56 AM   #41
fido123
FFR Player

Default Re: "Why should I never buy a Mac?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by korny View Post
But when it comes to an unfairly skewed argument, even when I obviously know **** is WAY over-priced during a time where technology just keeps getting cheaper, I can still support Mac computers
Can you explain why you support Mac computers? Only difference between a Mac PC and any other PC is the case, and ridiculous price tag. Buying a mac is like buying a coach purse. In the end it's just a vinyl bag like everything else but you're paying for the branding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NocturneAunamic View Post
Most uneducated opinion evah.
I go to school every week to learn solely about computers and computer systems. I know a lot more than idiot propaganda that's been shoved down my throat. Perhaps I'd take you seriously if you'd actually argue your case.

Also wc, all OS's function differently. You can't really hate on one cause it doesn't function like the one you're used to. It takes time to adjust to these kinds of differences.

Last edited by fido123; 12-27-2010 at 12:00 PM..
fido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:00 PM   #42
ELRayford
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

First off let me agree with OP. I will never BUY an apple product. Overpriced and worthless for my computing needs.

However...

Macs are built much better than any PC I have repaired. Go compare a tear-down of a random PC laptop VS a newer Macbook Pro LOL. Nearly double the work. As far as hardware they are nearly the same nowadays. Mac still have a better latency for any type of audio/video/midi in/outputs.

Not sure why the artists/musicians that own macs in this thread didn't mention it. Maybe they don't know.

Last edited by ELRayford; 12-27-2010 at 12:03 PM..
ELRayford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:01 PM   #43
NocturneAunamic
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to NocturneAunamic Send a message via MSN to NocturneAunamic Send a message via Skype™ to NocturneAunamic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fido123 View Post
Perhaps I'd take you seriously if you'd actually argue your case.
I could say the same exact thing to you too.
Quote:
In my opinion, anybody with a Mac computer... Dumb as hell (Includes being a hipster ******)
I never knew not being so tech-savvy as others and wanting a userfriendly computer automatically made you a moron.
Old 12-27-2010, 12:05 PM   #44
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

Quote:
Originally Posted by bender5 View Post
mac books have a right click built into the touchpad dude, just sayin
didnt know this. every single mac ive tried didnt have a right click

Quote:
Also wc, all OS's function differently. You can't really hate on one cause it doesn't function like the one you're used to. It takes time to adjust to these kinds of differences.
i dont expect all OS to function the same. right click is something i will never get over, ever
Old 12-27-2010, 12:05 PM   #45
fido123
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by NocturneAunamic View Post
I could say the same exact thing to you too.

I never knew not being so tech-savvy as others and wanting a userfriendly computer automatically made you a moron.
You're a moron cause you can't read. We're talking about the ****ing hardware. Not the OS. I agree the OS is great, but the actual physical computer is so ridiculously overpriced. I'm arguing my case. You're just saying "no ur wrong im rite ololol"
Old 12-27-2010, 12:06 PM   #46
bender5
The 40% Iron Chef
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELRayford View Post
First off let me agree with OP. I will never BUY an apple product. However...

Macs are built much better than any PC I have repaired. Go compare a tear-down of a random PC laptop VS a newer Macbook Pro LOL. Nearly double the work. As far as hardware they are nearly the same nowadays. Mac still have a better latency for any type of audio/video/midi in/outputs.

Not sure why the artists/musicians that own macs in this thread didn't mention it. Maybe they don't know.
In my first post pointing out the unnecessary anit-Mac slander, I said it's pretty obvious none of you are involved in art/music.

That's what I use this laptop for. It's my art machine, as well as a much more stable to-go powerhouse.

I love PC's because they're cheap and versatile and you can keep plugging in new parts every time you want to upgrade, it's like owning a beat up old car for the point of fixing it up every time something breaks down.

There's no point in arguing over hardware because hardware is going to keep changing and evolving.

I tried to support the general Mac package, because just like the blind fanboys there's gonna be people that are just as equally opposed and not for the right reasons.

I am in NO WAY a Mac fanboy, but damn do I love my Mac Book Pro, it performs a ****load better than any PC laptop I've ever seen.

Oh and btw when I buy my next computer it's going to be a PC desktop that I build from the ground up

and DUHHHHH mac's are overpriced, **** everything is overpriced. It's called inflation, get used to it, things are only gonna get worse from here dumbass. Learn something about the global economy before you start to talk like an elitist anti-mac idiot just because you can't afford it

Last edited by bender5; 12-27-2010 at 12:09 PM..
bender5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:09 PM   #47
fido123
FFR Player

Why can't you have your art machine, running the very same hardware (OS and all), on a much more affordable, equally as powerful (or even more powerful and it would still be more affordable), PC?

EDIT: Bender, I'm so disappointed with you.

"and DUHHHHH mac's are overpriced, **** everything is overpriced. It's called inflation, get used to it, things are only gonna get worse from here dumbass. Learn something about the global economy before you start to talk like an elitist anti-mac idiot just because you can't afford it"

It's overpriced cause they're selling the hardware for MUCH more than what you can buy it for anywhere else. Inflation has nothing to do with things being overpriced. This statement is so unbelievably retarded it makes my head hurt. Loose the ego you ****. I can afford a mac, I just like to think I'm smart enough to save myself money where I can to save me from being a total and utter idiot.

Last edited by fido123; 12-27-2010 at 12:14 PM..
Old 12-27-2010, 12:17 PM   #48
ELRayford
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

Quote:
In my first post pointing out the unnecessary anit-Mac slander, I said it's pretty obvious none of you are involved in art/music.

That's what I use this laptop for. It's my art machine, as well as a much more stable to-go powerhouse.

I love PC's because they're cheap and versatile and you can keep plugging in new parts every time you want to upgrade, it's like owning a beat up old car for the point of fixing it up every time something breaks down.

There's no point in arguing over hardware because hardware is going to keep changing and evolving.

I tried to support the general Mac package, because just like the blind fanboys there's gonna be people that are just as equally opposed and not for the right reasons.

I am in NO WAY a Mac fanboy, but damn do I love my Mac Book Pro, it performs a ****load better than any PC laptop I've ever seen.

Oh and btw when I buy my next computer it's going to be a PC desktop that I build from the ground up
WHY do you use it for art over a PC?

Hardware will keep changing and evolving, and, Mac will continue to use the same hardware that PC has been using for years (go intel!)

Have you had the chance to dual-boot or run another OS virtually on your Mac hardware?

Nice on the future custom build. Do some research on hardware before you buy and check out the mac Osx86 requirements. You could potentially build a nt based gamer with multi-boot OSX option available for arts :3

"things are only gonna get worse from here dumbass."

Wow. Sure is pretentious macfag in here. Learn2PC. Learn2Newegg. Learn2Not be a jackass in normal conversation.

Last edited by ELRayford; 12-27-2010 at 12:20 PM.. Reason: bender UMAD?
ELRayford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:22 PM   #49
bender5
The 40% Iron Chef
FFR Veteran

I needed a new laptop when I bought this (mine was stolen and I had more than enough money for it) I use Mac because I didn't want to have to worry about a dual-boot or virtualization or anything of the sort because with the people I produce music with we all use macs and mac friendly equipment.

I'm not planning on running more than one OS on any machine that I own because I don't need to.

I don't see why I take a shortcut when it's completely unneeded when I needed to by a laptop anyway

and as far as I'm concerned all computers are overpriced, it costs them pennies to produce most of the parts we pay sometimes as much as 1000 bucks for
Old 12-27-2010, 12:24 PM   #50
fido123
FFR Player

It's not the parts you're paying for. It's the engineering. When you buy computer parts you're paying more for the intellectual product. What I mean about Mac being overpriced though is why pay $1000 for something when you can pay $500 and it'll offer pretty much the exact same performance? You're logic is basically dictating "Well if $500 is already overpriced getting the $1000 one seems just as logical"

Last edited by fido123; 12-27-2010 at 12:30 PM..
Old 12-27-2010, 12:36 PM   #51
MrGiggles
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MrGiggles Send a message via MSN to MrGiggles

Quote:
Originally Posted by funmonkey54 View Post
I just decided to get my Grandpa's Dell instead of his macbook. Thanks.

Apple has the ipod industry down though. At least in my opinion.
Prove me wrong? I'd love to read about it. Not joking.
They have it in market share. For quality, Cowon slaughters them.

Quote:
I guess none of you guys get into serious music production, or art or anything of the sort.

Sure you can do the same things on a window's machine, but the best programs are not only mac-friendly, but in some cases mac exclusive.

You guys are just a bunch of snobby nerds that act like people that own Mac computers are dumb.

Well, newsflash, I've got a PC and a Mac and my Mac beats the living **** out of my PC in terms of pretty much everything. Plus, it only cost me roughly 900 more than my PC did 3 years ago
lmao I did a decent stretch of sound engineering

I can count MAC-only programs that matter on one hand. There's Pro Tools, and

actually, I think it might just be pro tools

EDIT: The Eigenharp rofl
Quote:
mac books have a right click built into the touchpad dude, just sayin
This is really really misleading. I really ****ing hate the MBP touchpad. It actually has 0 (zero!) buttons. You push with 2 fingers to right-click, and one finger to left click, but it kind of sucks and I have to click a couple times before it registers sometimes. I'm a bit more used to it now but I still bring a mouse everywhere because I really do hate it.

Last edited by MrGiggles; 12-27-2010 at 12:39 PM..
MrGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:39 PM   #52
OneHandNow
Banned
FFR Veteran

Gamer? PC.

Gamer but likes Mac? PC.

Workaholic but likes Mac? Mac.

Workaholic but likes PC? PC.

^ Simple as that.
OneHandNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:40 PM   #53
Superfreak04
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneHandNow View Post
Gamer? PC.

Gamer but likes Mac? PC.

^ Simple as that.
^
/thread
Old 12-27-2010, 12:40 PM   #54
fido123
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneHandNow View Post
Gamer? PC.

Gamer but likes Mac? PC.

^ Simple as that.
The argument isn't about the OS. In the end an OS is just what operates a computer, and computers all do the same thing in the end. The biggest factor is what software works with what OS's, and reliability.
Old 12-27-2010, 12:42 PM   #55
MrGiggles
FFR Veteran

Yeah I don't have a huge beef with the quality of the OS itself. It's software compatibility has skyrocketed, although it still kind of blows. The real issue I have is with 1.) Apple's business practices and form over function attitude 2.) holy **** that price is for real r u kiddin me
Old 12-27-2010, 12:43 PM   #56
Kagome
Pop'n Music.
Retired Staff

Send a message via AIM to Kagome Send a message via MSN to Kagome

There's a way to state your personal opinions without name calling and cussing at each other every two sentences.

Just making sure you guys know this.
Kagome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 12:51 PM   #57
OneHandNow
Banned
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagome View Post
There's a way to state your personal opinions without name calling and cussing at each other every two sentences.

Just making sure you guys know this.
I know right? ;(
Old 12-27-2010, 12:51 PM   #58
MrGiggles
FFR Veteran

**** you don't tell me what to do

Just go be ****ing wrong someone else goddamn
Old 12-27-2010, 12:53 PM   #59
OneHandNow
Banned
FFR Veteran

Quote:
The argument isn't about the OS. In the end an OS is just what operates a computer, and computers all do the same thing in the end. The biggest factor is what software works with what OS's, and reliability.
The argument is indeed OS at some point, because we all know and associate the Mac with Macs and Windows with PCs..

We all know that PCs can have better specs for a way cheaper price, but the Macbook is visually / aesthetically more pleasing on many levels.

However, such aesthetics comes at a cost to function, which matches the form > function equation for Apple.

For Windows, function > form.
Old 12-27-2010, 12:53 PM   #60
Kagome
Pop'n Music.
Retired Staff

Send a message via AIM to Kagome Send a message via MSN to Kagome

Was directed at fido and bender mostly.
Kagome is offline   Reply With Quote