Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2018, 12:39 PM   #1401
FreezinIce
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG CLXXIX: The Third FE Mystery Game Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashflash account View Post
I guess you could say you pucked that up?
]:<

To let the world be.

========

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellon_collie View Post
AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET
Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
AHHHHHHHHH SKEET SKEET SKEET SKEET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean
Lynch all liars is good meta. Period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red
My guess at this point is that there aren't actually any wolves, and all the humans are just going to kill each other until only a few are left. Then the remaining survivors will realize they are the real monsters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Ike View Post
SCUM THEATER AA SCUM CHARU WOLF ALIEN ROUNDBOX IS TOWN AND FRAMED
Old 07-13-2018, 12:45 PM   #1402
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player
Retired StaffD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

sprucegrit - Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprucegrit View Post
Hey everybody. It's like 4AM for me and really I'm asleep.
There are repercussions for name claiming. Sorry I din't get that posted sooner.
Also, I'm pretty sure there are 6 wolfies and some alignment disguise mechanics.
This is the first post he made. Nods at knowing game knowledge, or at least having a fair guess at it.

Posts in between these posts are filler stuff with the exception of him talking about the special knowledge he has. See: below

Quote:
The hidden place contains items that elivate players who can be elevated.
An item which can hide a player (hider).
An item which can deflate a player to a lower level.
The item I've used to gain special knowledge.
An item which can briefly enhance one's ability, but then the player must rest.
An item still not quite ready, which can eliminate a player while the sun is up.
An item which randomises what another player gets.
A fortune telling item.
An item which allows a player to eliminate another player of known character moniker.
And an item which disguises alignment view.

Apart from my Role PM, that's basically the special knowledge I have to this point.
Nice. We have something to work with here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
sprucegrit

I don't think discussing about items in the secret shop is in town's benefit.

Disgusting PR hunting opportunities behold !
This is bad Haku. The reasoning post behind this against spruce was also discerning. I fear Haku only sees one side of this ordeal and that's why it's going in Spruces iso, because it was his list and I severely disagree with Hakus intentions here.

Quote:
I know for sure 100% there are six wolves. One who can manipulate alignment views on players, and one who doesn't have any special powers to start but may acquire some.
And there's likely a townie who will automatically be viewed as a wolf when investigated.

So the question is whether or not I'm believed.

(also, still pretty sick here - swollen up with allergy hives like a stuffed sausage)
Alright, up until this post, the information posts that he's given us have felt good. What I disagree with here is about being believed or not. People will have their doubts but I don't think you should say it aloud like that because it makes it unsettling to see that from the person who has given this information to the public.

Quote:
I do those as either alignment, btw, so totally nai. I prefer game hosts or bots to do them, but the MU bot just gave us wolves a win in the MU champs gm7, so...

I very very very rarely ever bus teammates, btw. But I'm town this game and not a werewolf.
I don't like this post because of the last bit of it. You certainly didn't need to say anything about the alignments and what you were, and I don't like the built-in mystery you've added to whether or not you'd bus a teammate. It doesn't help.

Quote:
Look, 5 other wolves on a wolf team WOULD NOT let Adam go down without some intervention. Do wolves have day chat? In either case, I don't think they'd just hand him up, not without trying to gain at least some town cred for it, and I haven't seen much of a push there.

If he's really intent to go AWOL, let the game host deal with it.

It just doesn't look like bankable wolf strategy to me.
Pointing this out because it's a view on if my slot were a wolf and other wolves jumping on the wagon for a potential clear or pass from town. I agree with what spruce says here about that ordeal.

Quote:
Just remember, there's also a Lawyer, and Miller (which is often ideal to go ahead and claim, except for all the alignment disguising that's available this game), and an advantage for scum to have players claim character names (that's also part of the OP, but my special info tells us it advantages wolves, though I don't know if it's general or specific to the player claiming).
The information thickens /smug

My last point on spruce is given the multitude of posts that explain what he means when talking about the information or just the information he's gathered so far, I would doubt that a wolf would continue to tell and spell out details here especially in the event where Haku had stated suspicion more than once because of said information. I disagree with Haku here because of the fact Spruce stated he had to use an item from the shop to gain the information in the first place. I think letting the public know this information was a good move.

Old 07-13-2018, 12:46 PM   #1403
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

One question that comes up in my isolation and it is purely speculation but, if anyone else were to have access to the shop and take the item you've used (granted you can even do that), would it give the same information?

There's nothing really substantial with this, but it's food for thought to me.

Old 07-13-2018, 12:52 PM   #1404
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 View Post
I guess I disagree with this. I don't think this is something I do, even when I elaborate on why I find certain people scummy. Perhaps it's inevitable to talk about yourself when your interactions with another person are why you find them scummy, but if you find someone scummy because you saw them say something strange, then solely talking about other people should suffice, yeah?

Do you think focusing on yourself = talking about yourself? Because that's the definition that I use.
Talking about why you find something scummy inevitably paints you as the opposition of who you want to vote.

I think you mean "affirmative posting" @ talking about an event or a post without talking about yourself.

I agree that this is ideal for wolf hunting because it removes part of self bias, but I also think it makes you harder to read as well. I think both should happen to some degree.

Being hard to read isn't so bad, but if everyone played that way, town couldn't figure out who's town at all and you would get these weird games where players keep doubting each others and nothing happens.

How can you start a PoE and you have no clue what everyone is doing. That's more late game stuff tho which is why playing the neutral game early on is considered good I think.
Old 07-13-2018, 12:56 PM   #1405
Hakulyte
the Haku

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Zenith_ View Post
This is bad Haku. The reasoning post behind this against spruce was also discerning. I fear Haku only sees one side of this ordeal and that's why it's going in Spruces iso, because it was his list and I severely disagree with Hakus intentions here.
My concerns were more along the lines of which item you would use and what to do about it etc. where players could have slipped.

Exposing the Secret Shop itself isn't the basis for me scumread spruce here. I just thought he could have done this for free town points because it's information that would have most likely become public later on.

I couldn't understand the purpose.
Old 07-13-2018, 01:01 PM   #1406
Hakulyte
the Haku

Quote:
My last point on spruce is given the multitude of posts that explain what he means when talking about the information or just the information he's gathered so far, I would doubt that a wolf would continue to tell and spell out details here especially in the event where Haku had stated suspicion more than once because of said information. I disagree with Haku here because of the fact Spruce stated he had to use an item from the shop to gain the information in the first place. I think letting the public know this information was a good move.
Using an item doesn't mean you're town.
You also can't verify the 2nd set of details afaik.
@ There's 6 wolves / one is X, one is Y etc.

More information is good, but I think the goal was to paint spruce as some sort of psychic which is a known role for being town which would paint spruce as town, but at same time this is a bastard game and it's the kind of things that could be exploitable for a wolf as well.

Sure, he can have a D0 pass because I'm curious about where his game will go and I want to read him for his actions/interactions rather than this alone, but smh.
Old 07-13-2018, 01:01 PM   #1407
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

Quote:
My concerns were more along the lines of which item you would use and what to do about it etc. where players could have slipped.

Exposing the Secret Shop itself isn't the basis for me scumread spruce here. I just thought he could have done this for free town points because it's information that would have most likely become public later on.

I couldn't understand the purpose.
If you want to speculate this further, you should look at what the items are and if wolves would select the one he did right off the bat. I saw there was a vigi item there, and that to me has more value as a wolf than special knowledge (and this becomes more clear as we learned what the knowledge was about).

I think you're fair to say the information would've became public later on, but so will a lot of other things. This was something that could generate a lot of interactions and content during d0, and for that I find it to be more town aligned with those intentions.

Old 07-13-2018, 01:02 PM   #1408
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

Although by spruce list, the vigi isn't even ready this phase and isn't told when it would be, but the presence of it is more what I'm going with.

Old 07-13-2018, 01:06 PM   #1409
Hakulyte
the Haku

I see your point, but I also think this is also exactly why this was chosen.

It's so counterintuitive that you don't want to believe it could be true.

It just feels like the ideal cover for me.

Anyway, there's better to worry about than spruce D0.
Old 07-13-2018, 01:07 PM   #1410
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
but at same time this is a bastard game.
Haku

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 07-13-2018, 01:08 PM   #1411
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

Quote:
I see your point, but I also think this is also exactly why this was chosen.

It's so counterintuitive that you don't want to believe it could be true.

It just feels like the ideal cover for me.

Anyway, there's better to worry about than spruce D0.
Understood.

Old 07-13-2018, 01:08 PM   #1412
Hakulyte
the Haku

Quote:
Yes I have. I explained it was from what I got in the shop. I even explained it in my much quoted shop list, "The item I've used to gain special knowledge", And that wasn't just the 6 wolves part, which really I suspected (that there's 6 wolves) from the OP even before given access to the shop. But then yeah, I may have caused a bit of a wet Knuffle Bunny by not combining my shop list with my extra setup info - players have sometimes 'missed' one or the other. but paraphrasing the shop list, checking that it was permissible, and deciding to post it took more time. I agree now I should have waited a bit longer on that, but the name claim stuff was needed right away as players seemed to be posting name claims. I still would have likely posted the shop list sometime today though.
I still don't understand why you have "extra setup info".
Old 07-13-2018, 01:09 PM   #1413
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
Pretty much any bastard role. If a role feels like its something star and I wouldn't put in the game, then its probably not in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 07-13-2018, 01:10 PM   #1414
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Bastard!

Old 07-13-2018, 01:11 PM   #1415
Hakulyte
the Haku

The second part of spruce's claims could be fabricated information. You don't need to roll something specific to say that.
Old 07-13-2018, 01:18 PM   #1416
LightManticorex2
FFR Player

Quote:
I still don't understand why you have "extra setup info".
Why would a mystery game have people who know things????
Old 07-13-2018, 01:18 PM   #1417
Hakulyte
the Haku

Well, Tokzic conveniently will most likely only appear when I have to leave for work and I'm town reading nearly everyone else who reads this thread.

I guess there's no purpose for me here.
Old 07-13-2018, 01:19 PM   #1418
sprucegrit
FFR Player

Quote:
One question that comes up in my isolation and it is purely speculation but, if anyone else were to have access to the shop and take the item you've used (granted you can even do that), would it give the same information?

There's nothing really substantial with this, but it's food for thought to me.
It was indicated there would have been variety between the knowledge a villager would receive and the knowledge the other team would receive. I also endeavoured to learn if the item I selected would still be listed or removed, and it was conveyed to me it would still be listed but listed as unavailable.

As I've indicated too, there's some good stuff in there - stuff that would have been neat to have and helped me more individually perhaps, though a lot of it was a negative utility for me. I thought about maybe removing items I really wouldn't want wolves to have, but what I chose was a bit of both. It clarified some things for town but also kept wolves from knowing more town set-up info, if indeed wolves have or get access to the shop.

I'm still WIFOMing over whether someone on the wolf team got comparable access just after me, but I'm tending to think not, due to the specifics I got. Still, it wouldn't surprise me if the wolf team has more powers than I was told.
Old 07-13-2018, 01:23 PM   #1419
_Zenith_
Accuracy Player

Quote:
It was indicated there would have been variety between the knowledge a villager would receive and the knowledge the other team would receive. I also endeavoured to learn if the item I selected would still be listed or removed, and it was conveyed to me it would still be listed but listed as unavailable.

As I've indicated too, there's some good stuff in there - stuff that would have been neat to have and helped me more individually perhaps, though a lot of it was a negative utility for me. I thought about maybe removing items I really wouldn't want wolves to have, but what I chose was a bit of both. It clarified some things for town but also kept wolves from knowing more town set-up info, if indeed wolves have or get access to the shop.

I'm still WIFOMing over whether someone on the wolf team got comparable access just after me, but I'm tending to think not, due to the specifics I got. Still, it wouldn't surprise me if the wolf team has more powers than I was told.
Interesting. The fact that information can be different depending on the alignment tickles my fancy, but I don't think I can use the majority of this post to really help any of my cause at the moment. Would actually like to see how others respond to this and what thoughts this may bring.

Old 07-13-2018, 01:25 PM   #1420
Hakulyte
the Haku

Quote:

Can you talk about what I said ? I just read your post as hypothetical information and it goes over my head.
Closed Thread