Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution: Community Forums > General Discussion > Chit Chat

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2018, 11:54 PM   #1
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: fb.com/a.macdonald.iv
Age: 31
Posts: 6,367
Default VISA/Mastercard blocks payment to Horowitz Center because of SPLC

or rather, the Horowitz center claims this.



https://www.dailywire.com/news/34955...witz-paul-bois
https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-h...david-horowitz

Last edited by Arch0wl; 08-24-2018 at 03:56 PM..
Arch0wl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 12:07 AM   #2
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: fb.com/a.macdonald.iv
Age: 31
Posts: 6,367
Default Re: VISA/Mastercard blocks payment to Horowitz Center because of SPLC

this could be bullshit, since I have never heard of anything like this before.

I want it to be bullshit.

but if it isn't, this is one of the most important domestic US stories all year.
Arch0wl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 12:11 AM   #3
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: fb.com/a.macdonald.iv
Age: 31
Posts: 6,367
Default Re: VISA/Mastercard blocks payment to Horowitz Center because of SPLC

what I am suspecting happened is that the SPLC, or some group like this, bombed his organizations with deliberately fraudulent investigations to get VISA to investigate.

this is not much different than bombing videos with many fake reports to get algorithms to remove the content.

if that's true, we cannot keep accepting complaints at face value, and this whole system of "trust people's complaints first" is a glaring vulnerability that threatens the integrity of information as a whole.

Last edited by Arch0wl; 08-24-2018 at 12:17 AM..
Arch0wl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 12:17 AM   #4
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran
 
roundbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Age: 29
Posts: 2,510
Default Re: VISA/Mastercard blocks payment to Horowitz Center because of SPLC

Are you gonna post in this thread after your opening posts or are you gonna abandon this like all of your CT threads
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer

watch my rad gameplay
roundbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 12:18 AM   #5
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: fb.com/a.macdonald.iv
Age: 31
Posts: 6,367
Default Re: VISA/Mastercard blocks payment to Horowitz Center because of SPLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
Are you gonna post in this thread after your opening posts or are you gonna abandon this like all of your CT threads
the lifetime of a thread is, ostensibly, months

not replying for a few hours is not "abandonment"

moreover, stay on topic. you know what you're doing.
Arch0wl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 12:18 AM   #6
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran
 
roundbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Age: 29
Posts: 2,510
Default Re: VISA/Mastercard blocks payment to Horowitz Center because of SPLC

Nah
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
I'd be too tiny to be a bouncer

watch my rad gameplay
roundbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 12:26 AM   #7
pokelda
⁽ ཀ`⁾
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
pokelda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: It is a mystery.
Posts: 3,875
Send a message via AIM to pokelda Send a message via MSN to pokelda Send a message via Yahoo to pokelda
Default Re: VISA/Mastercard blocks payment to Horowitz Center because of SPLC

maybe Horowitz freedom center got blocked because, you know, it's a hate group lol
__________________
pokelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 12:30 AM   #8
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: fb.com/a.macdonald.iv
Age: 31
Posts: 6,367
Default Re: VISA/Mastercard blocks payment to Horowitz Center because of SPLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokelda View Post
maybe Horowitz freedom center got blocked because, you know, it's a hate group lol
that's... clearly the implication of why this is an issue. are you paying attention? at all?

it is possibly one of the worst precedents the american economy and american politics could set in the past decade for a group's commerce to be able to be blocked by credit card companies because of any sort of political label, nevermind anything as vague as "hate group."

in what universe do you not see your position as backward and completely wrong
Arch0wl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 01:00 AM   #9
pokelda
⁽ ཀ`⁾
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran
 
pokelda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: It is a mystery.
Posts: 3,875
Send a message via AIM to pokelda Send a message via MSN to pokelda Send a message via Yahoo to pokelda
Default Re: VISA/Mastercard blocks payment to Horowitz Center because of SPLC

wow dang i didnt realize the act of letting a credit card company freely choose if they want to do business with a racist organization would be such a terrible precedent
__________________
pokelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 01:03 AM   #10
Tps222
FFR Player
 
Tps222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: THE END ZONE
Age: 30
Posts: 6,167
Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222
Default Re: VISA/Mastercard blocks payment to Horowitz Center because of SPLC

Visa and Mastercard are private companies who can decide to conduct or not conduct business with whomever they decide, end of story.
Tps222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 01:19 AM   #11
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: fb.com/a.macdonald.iv
Age: 31
Posts: 6,367
Default Re: VISA/Mastercard blocks payment to Horowitz Center because of SPLC

it is difficult to compress the scope of how wrong both of you are into words that properly convey how false each and every thing you said was. it is mentally taxing to walk on the eggshells created by this rule system to convey the gravity of other people believing the non-thoughts both of you just typed, while also skirting the asinine rules that prevent me from "insulting" you because telling a person they are wrong on every axis of evaluation and every scope to which a thought can be conceived is "insulting", even though this is precisely how wrong you both are.

it's unbelievable that both of you even halfway buy what you're saying, and you've clearly not thought about it at all, as you both are parroting pseudo-libertarian mockery you undoubtedly repeat ad nauseam for any speech policy issue so that you don't have to think about the ramifications, or the policy, or what the words even mean.

it is illegal for credit card companies to discriminate in this way. this is why, up to this point, they have not.

what is most likely happening here is that the SPLC bombarded VISA with fraudulent transactions to flag the horowitz center.

either way, this is what you did
person: wow, this company is blowing up the moon
you: lol a private company can blow up the solar system if they want
how you post here with anything resembling an unguilty conscience is beyond me.

what both of you are thoughtlessly advocating is something that is already illegal, and far worse than what is actually going on, even though what is actually going on is one of the most concerning events to happen all year. it is not common, at all, for a credit card company to block people for speech. this is concerning period. you are wrong, whether or not you think so, for not making this a concern of yours. you are against the "right side of history" -- you cannot be on the right side of history if you are on the wrong side of reality. it doesn't matter what you feel. your feelings don't matter. you're wrong. you are not right. you are the opposite of correct. you are backward. you could have never existed and your opinions could have been adopted by an AI machine and run forever as the passing of time is extended indefinitely by simulation and they'd be wrong until the heat death of the universe, and even after that.

and here you are, typing happy-go-lucky shit with the bambi-esque tone of "this could never be redefined to work against me because I have all the right ideas!" as if you don't understand the concept of precedent, or principle, and you cannot think at all how any sort of thing like this could be abused due to whatever limits on imagination exist for you or your political sensibility.
Arch0wl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 01:21 AM   #12
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator
 
mellonxcollie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Confirmed.
Age: 29
Posts: 1,594
Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie
Default Re: VISA/Mastercard blocks payment to Horowitz Center because of SPLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch0wl View Post
it is difficult to compress the scope of how wrong both of you are into words that properly convey how false each and every thing you said was. it is mentally taxing to walk on the eggshells created by this rule system to convey the gravity of other people believing the non-thoughts both of you just typed, while also skirting the asinine rules that prevent me from "insulting" you because telling a person they are wrong on every axis of evaluation and every scope to which a thought can be conceived is "insulting", even though this is precisely how wrong you both are.

it's unbelievable that both of you even halfway buy what you're saying, and you've clearly not thought about it at all, as you both are parroting pseudo-libertarian mockery you undoubtedly repeat ad nauseam for any speech policy issue so that you don't have to think about the ramifications, or the policy, or what the words even mean.

it is illegal for credit card companies to discriminate in this way. this is why, up to this point, they have not.

what is most likely happening here is that the SPLC bombarded VISA with fraudulent transactions to flag the horowitz center.

either way, this is what you did
person: wow, this company is blowing up the moon
you: lol a private company can blow up the solar system if they want
how you post here with anything resembling an unguilty conscience is beyond me.

what both of you are thoughtlessly advocating is something that is already illegal, and far worse than what is actually going on, even though what is actually going on is one of the most concerning events to happen all year. it is not common, at all, for a credit card company to block people for speech. this is concerning period. you are wrong, whether or not you think so, for not making this a concern of yours. you are against the "right side of history" -- you cannot be on the right side of history if you are on the wrong side of reality. it doesn't matter what you feel. your feelings don't matter. you're wrong. you are not right. you are the opposite of correct. you are backward. you could have never existed and your opinions could have been adopted by an AI machine and run forever as the passing of time is extended indefinitely by simulation and they'd be wrong until the heat death of the universe, and even after that.

and here you are, typing happy-go-lucky shit with the bambi-esque tone of "this could never be redefined to work against me because I have all the right ideas!" as if you don't understand the concept of precedent, or principle, and you cannot think at all how any sort of thing like this could be abused due to whatever limits on imagination exist for you or your political sensibility.
lmao
__________________
Follow my dog on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Riles_puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
people like you are how trump gets elected
mellonxcollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 01:29 AM   #13
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: fb.com/a.macdonald.iv
Age: 31
Posts: 6,367
Default Re: VISA/Mastercard blocks payment to Horowitz Center because of SPLC

you have zero self-perspective and warped priorities, what else is new.
Arch0wl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 01:32 AM   #14
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator
 
mellonxcollie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Confirmed.
Age: 29
Posts: 1,594
Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie
Default Re: VISA/Mastercard blocks payment to Horowitz Center because of SPLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch0wl View Post
you have zero self-perspective and warped priorities, what else is new.
ok
__________________
Follow my dog on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Riles_puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
people like you are how trump gets elected
mellonxcollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 01:39 AM   #15
Tps222
FFR Player
 
Tps222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: THE END ZONE
Age: 30
Posts: 6,167
Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222
Default Re: VISA/Mastercard blocks payment to Horowitz Center because of SPLC

Business: We're currently doing a thing as we have the freedom to do so.

Majority of customer base that keeps business afloat: We don't like the thing you're currently doing and may take our business elsewhere as we have the freedom to do so.

Business: Hey, we like keeping the business of the majority of our customer base, we'll stop doing a thing

Minority: Our questionable morals aside, we will ignore the fact that illegal and legal is defined by the majority of society and bitch about not realizing that we're in the minority on this due to being blinded by some misguided since of principality and gross exaggeration.
Tps222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 01:40 AM   #16
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: fb.com/a.macdonald.iv
Age: 31
Posts: 6,367
Default Re: VISA/Mastercard blocks payment to Horowitz Center because of SPLC

tps222

did you read my reply, whatsoever

even so much as the bold text

did you

yes or no question
Arch0wl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 01:42 AM   #17
Tps222
FFR Player
 
Tps222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: THE END ZONE
Age: 30
Posts: 6,167
Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222
Default Re: VISA/Mastercard blocks payment to Horowitz Center because of SPLC

Yes, that's why I addressed the "illegality" argument as well as the absurd exaggeration part.

We have innocent kids being detained and sexually abused in immigration camps, but no, fucking David Horowitz's foundation being blocked by credit card companies is truly the worst thing to happen in America all year, because of the precedent, right? lmao get real.

Last edited by Tps222; 08-24-2018 at 01:42 AM..
Tps222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 01:53 AM   #18
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: fb.com/a.macdonald.iv
Age: 31
Posts: 6,367
Default Re: VISA/Mastercard blocks payment to Horowitz Center because of SPLC

jesus christ you actually buy your own delusion.

you are the reason the "one death is a tragedy" quote even exists, because you are focusing on melodramatic news tragedies and refusing to see the larger picture. the idea of a precedent being used to chill political speech is something not-real to you. this should be immensely concerning to you but somehow it is not.

the precedent is immensely worse and has far more reverbertions than a few hundred people. this has nothing to do with the horowitz center, and for me to even need to clarify this means you have not put even the most token effort in understanding why this is important. independent of the center (<-- read) it sets a precedent for how commerce can be used applied to speech across the country, and sets the tone for political disagreements for years to come. yes, this matters more. actually. in-reality. really. profoundly more. you are wrong for thinking otherwise, and not just kind-of wrong, but the kind of wrong that gets put alongside lamarckian evolution and other "wow, I'm glad history never gave a shit about that" viewpoints.

Last edited by Arch0wl; 08-24-2018 at 01:57 AM..
Arch0wl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 01:55 AM   #19
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator
 
mellonxcollie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Confirmed.
Age: 29
Posts: 1,594
Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie
Default Re: VISA/Mastercard blocks payment to Horowitz Center because of SPLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch0wl View Post
the precedent is immensely worse and has far more reverbertions than a few hundred people. it sets a precedent for how commerce can be used applied to speech across the country, and sets the tone for political disagreements for years to come. yes, this matters more. actually. in-reality. really. profoundly more. you are wrong for thinking otherwise, and not just kind-of wrong, but the kind of wrong that gets put alongside lamarckian evolution and other "wow, I'm clearly glad history never gave a shit about that" viewpoints.
Lmao
__________________
Follow my dog on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Riles_puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
people like you are how trump gets elected
mellonxcollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 02:09 AM   #20
Arch0wl
Banned
FFR Simfile Author
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: fb.com/a.macdonald.iv
Age: 31
Posts: 6,367
Default Re: VISA/Mastercard blocks payment to Horowitz Center because of SPLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tps222 View Post
We have innocent kids being detained and sexually abused in immigration camps
taken to its logical extreme you would shred a right to public education or constitutional rights or any other civil liberty of this kind to stop human trafficking or any other small-picture tragedy

what is so bothersome about this is not that it's wrong

it's that the wrongness is so easily gotten to if you would just think about it

this is the cognitive equivalent of watching a whole TV show because you're too lazy to pick up the remote

you are smart

how the fuck do you justify this crap yourself

Last edited by Arch0wl; 08-24-2018 at 02:10 AM..
Arch0wl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright FlashFlashRevolution