Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Life and Arts > Writing and Literature
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2005, 03:00 PM   #1
xObserveRx
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to xObserveRx Send a message via MSN to xObserveRx
Default Some Info to help out a story...

I have an idea for a story that I want to work on. It involves people meeting up from an internet based community amongst other things. It will be written through journal entries following up to and after the events of the story, along with third person narration.

I'd like to base most of the main characters and a few of the secondary characters off of people from FFR. I suggest that you reply to this only if you know who I am am, at least somewhat. Since I do need secondary characters, I guess you could fill out the information if you'd like too, and I will PM you if I decide to use your information. I will be posting a list of people I'm specifically hoping will fill this out. These people will be main characters.

Anyways, on to the list of people I'd like to see fill this out:

Ananana (Dana)
JurseyRider734 (Eva)
Banditcom (Jay)
LD (nuff said)
MalReynolds (Mike, don't care, calling you mike)
Nickadeemus (Nick)
Harrison (..nuff said.)
NightSonnett (Beth)
Tass ( Nuff said)
Specforces (Corey)

and a few others:

Chromer (???)
RavenHexa (Ah Lee See ah, Jelly Bean)
Synth (It'd be nice)
Purplepoise (Jenny)

Any others can feel free to fill this stuff out as well, and like I said earlier, I'll msg you if i've decided to use it.

And now, the information:

Screen Name:
Real Name (First at least, last isn't needed):
Preferred Story Name (Try to keep it quite similar to your real name):
Physical description of yourself (or a link to a pic of you):
Questions:

What is your biggest fear? (This answer is meant to be serious. Looking for something personal here. Answers like SPIDERS, CARROTS, RATS, etc. aren't what I want here.)

If you could have any kind of superpowers/unnatural abilities, what would they be?

Why did you choose that specific power?

What do you get out of being a part of such a great internet community? (Try to make this serious and relate it towards yourself.)

Okay, that's all.

If you don't feel comfortable writing the answers to this out you can PM me the answer. I want everyone who's participating this to know a few things before you start giving me answers though.

This information is for a story that I will be writing and taking quite seriously. I will be basing these characters on yourselves but you have to understand that only knowing you so well (Haven't met most of you in person), I will be creating images of you based on my view of you. Some of you may find some of these things to be very uncharacteristic of yourself, plain wrong even. I just want you to know that the people who made these lists are people I respect and enjoy talking to, which is why I want to portray characters based on them. All of these people are big enough to get around this fact, i'm quite sure. If not, that's alright too, just tell me that you'd prefer not to participate and I will exclude you.

Thanks,

Dan

P.S: Mods, if this isn't getting a lot of responses after a little bit, could you move it to chit chat for awhile. I know not all of the people on this list visit the CT forums, but since it has story/creative writing relevance, I thought it should go here.
xObserveRx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 03:13 PM   #2
MalReynolds
CHOCK FULL O' NUTRIENTS
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to MalReynolds
Default RE: Some Info to help out a story...

You have most of the other information I submitted. Actually, that sentence was flawed. You have all of the information I submitted previously. But here I go for the new questions:

Biggest Fear: Drowing/Rejection. Don't really think those two need to be explained too much.

If I Could Have Any Superpower: Flight.

Why?: Well, now, because of the economy. But on a more serious note, because getting places quickly has always been something I want to do, puncuality... That, and flying is just cool.

What Did You Get Out Of Internet Community: A fistful of insults that I use on a daily basis. I'm not going to lie and say confidence, I already had that when I first started here. It's led me to a stronger dislike of arrogance and racism (You can thank Jello/Aperson/Arch0wl/Chat Regulars for that) and a dislike of random stupidity. A hell of a lot of laughs, funny videos, and the very important knowledge of when to bow out of a fight or admit defeat.

Mike

"Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor

My new novel:

Maledictions: The Offering.

Now in Paperback!
MalReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 06:32 PM   #3
banditcom
FFR Player

Send a message via ICQ to banditcom Send a message via AIM to banditcom Send a message via Yahoo to banditcom Send a message via Skype™ to banditcom

Screen Name: banditcom
Preferred Story Name: Mr. Awesome .. err, Jason will do.
Physical description of yourself: http://www.myspace.com/banditcom http://www.thrillinghill.net/gallery/banditcom

What is your biggest fear?: Dying alone.

If you could have any kind of superpowers/unnatural abilities, what would they be?: Flight

Why did you choose that specific power?: It seems like it'd be the most fun.

What do you get out of being a part of such a great internet community?: Friendships and entertainment. I've met a lot of cool people on here. One I've even met in person.

Note: On my myspace, there is a survey thing. You can read that too and it'll tell you some other things about me.
banditcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 06:50 PM   #4
NightSonnett
FFR Veteran
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Screen name: NightSonnett
Preferred name: Beth or Bethany, or Jane. I've always liked the name Jane.

Me: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../yeahright.jpg

Fear: Unexpected fires/uncontrolled fires. Really nothing else; I tend to get over being afraid of something if I'm around it for long enough (going down ladders, spiders, etc.) And who the hell is afraid of carrots? Is that an actual fear?

Superpower: Flight, or telekenesis. I'm so lazy, sometimes I really just wish the TV remote could fly across the room to my hand. Flight because I love being in the air, and getting an overview of everything.

Community: Friends. I've met four of you in person! Almost five. (It was close, fish ^.^) I'm also given the opportunity to learn from people, and learn about where they are from thus educating me not only about differences in people, but differences in culture, etc. I value that a lot.

/gquit
NightSonnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 06:52 PM   #5
Tasselfoot
Retired BOSS
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tasselfoot Send a message via MSN to Tasselfoot Send a message via Skype™ to Tasselfoot

Screen Name: Tasselfoot
Real Name (First at least, last isn't needed): Mike P (to seperate from Mal)
Preferred Story Name (Try to keep it quite similar to your real name): Mike or Tass
5'10", 125lbs (I'm skinny damnit!).
Questions:

What is your biggest fear? (This answer is meant to be serious. Looking for something personal here. Answers like SPIDERS, CARROTS, RATS, etc. aren't what I want here.) So getting raped by a midget wouldn't be appropriate? Then I'd say its of people thinking that I'm not intelligent.

If you could have any kind of superpowers/unnatural abilities, what would they be? Omniscience

Why did you choose that specific power? To know the answer to questions like this.

What do you get out of being a part of such a great internet community? (Try to make this serious and relate it towards yourself.) A fun group of friends, intelligent conversation, competition, and THE POWER THAT COME FROM MODERATION... muh hahahahahahah.
Old 12-28-2005, 06:52 PM   #6
lightdarkness
Summer!!
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lightdarkness Send a message via MSN to lightdarkness Send a message via Yahoo to lightdarkness Send a message via Skype™ to lightdarkness

Screen Name: lightdarkness
Real Name Jay
Preferred Story Name: Jay works for me
Physical description of yourself: skinny, tall, innocennt face, uhh, long hair (not right now, but I love long hair), green eyes, that's good
Questions:

What is your biggest fear? Uhh, being kidnapped or killed or something equally as bad

If you could have any kind of superpowers/unnatural abilities, what would they be? flying, teleporting, ability to make stuff materialize

Why did you choose that specific power?; because you can do anything in the world with those things

What do you get out of being a part of such a great internet community? I love helping people out, and being apart of something this big (over 3/4ths of a million users!), and it's just cool to tell people "I'm lightdarkness" and stuff, espcially when they actually know who you are

ok done
Old 12-28-2005, 07:23 PM   #7
Specforces
Yes
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Specforces

Screen Name: Specforces
Preferred Story Name: Corey or Spec
Physical description of yourself:

What is your biggest fear? Losing someone I love

If you could have any kind of superpowers/unnatural abilities, what would they be? Anything dark or evil, like turning people into followers or instant deaths

Why did you choose that specific power? Because I'm evil

What do you get out of being a part of such a great internet community? You get to meet new people and make new friends, this has always been my favorite aspect of being part of this site.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:39 PM   #8
Lightknight924
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Lightknight924

Name: Lightknight
Name: David L.
Preferred Story Name: DJ
Descroption: Dark Brown hair, blue eyes. 5'3. 104 lbs. Interests, writing, teaching myself to play keyboard by ear. practicing flying Cessena's for MicroSoft Flight Simulator.

Biggest fears: Bees.

Powers: Flying Or Invisibility. Anyone can guess why.

What I get? Flamed. Hated. Shunned. Deleted Topics(thanks Spec). Unforgivness.

Edit* Tass, your about the same height and weight as the 15 year old Tps.

Comments: Spec! I wish you didn't delete my topic! Now Tokzic went and copied the dumb story off some script website. It took me four hours to type it. He just copied it and posted in the garbage bin. Ah well.
Lightknight924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 01:39 PM   #9
Farka
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Farka

You may want to add me. I am spectacular in all the ways of Awesomenology.

Name:Farka
Preffered Story Name: Jon

Physical Description: Black hair, Brown eyes, 5,5, 124 lbs.
Interests: Posting on Forums like FFR. <3
What I get: Passed time when I'm bored and new awesome friends.
Farka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 07:59 PM   #10
Chromer
Hookers and Blow
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Chromer Send a message via Yahoo to Chromer

Screen Name: Chromer
Preferred Story Name: Dave or Daniel (LOL I'm lazy)
Physical description of yourself (or a link to a pic of you): www.myspace.com/crazyblackguy

What is your biggest fear: Well, it's heights but I guess I fear rejection and loneliness.

If you could have any kind of superpowers/unnatural abilities, what would they be: I guess I would have the power to inflict pain through Genjutsu type powers like Itachi Uchiha. ^_^

Why did you choose that specific power: Uhh cuz Itachi owns the crap out of Naruto? I dunno.

What did you get out of being a part of such a great internet community: As in the vein of Mal, a supreme dislike for internet retards. Also, I've notcied that mentioning my skin color every other post (just kidding) gets a rise out of some people. I'm looking your way FFR Staff. :P But overall, I find that a community like FFR is essential to me because when life gets me down, I can always come back here and enjoy the company of my digital comrades.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:07 PM   #11
Tps222
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tps222 Send a message via Yahoo to Tps222 Send a message via Skype™ to Tps222

Screen Name:Tps222
Real Name (First at least, last isn't needed):Ryan
Preferred Story Name (Try to keep it quite similar to your real name):TPS or Ryan
Physical description of yourself (or a link to a pic of you):Too lazy to find a pic. 5-8 135lbs blue eyes short brown hair, physically fit.

Questions:

What is your biggest fear? (This answer is meant to be serious. Looking for something personal here. Answers like SPIDERS, CARROTS, RATS, etc. aren't what I want here.) Paralysis

If you could have any kind of superpowers/unnatural abilities, what would they be? Super Speed

Why did you choose that specific power? I've always enjoyed running.

What do you get out of being a part of such a great internet community? (Try to make this serious and relate it towards yourself.) Overall more intelligent, a bit more outgoing, TWG. Stirving to beat Tass in everything, increased love of music, and some awesome people/jokes/videos/stories.

Fin.
Tps222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 11:20 PM   #12
whiteflame
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to whiteflame

Screen Name: ddrruler/whiteflame
Real Name (First at least, last isn't needed):Paul
Preferred Story Name (Try to keep it quite similar to your real name): PJ
Physical description of yourself (or a link to a pic of you): 5'9 140 lbs Brown eyes, Dirty blonde/blonde hair and broad shoulders
Questions:

What is your biggest fear? (This answer is meant to be serious. Looking for something personal here. Answers like SPIDERS, CARROTS, RATS, etc. aren't what I want here.) Not much if anything after all the crap i've been threw I don't quite know anymore, but if I had to say something it would be parents dying.

If you could have any kind of superpowers/unnatural abilities, what would they be? I wouldn't want any powers because it would be too much risk/responcibility. Again if I had to choose one it would be time travel.

Why did you choose that specific power? Why then I could go anywhere anytime and RELAX.

What do you get out of being a part of such a great internet community? (Try to make this serious and relate it towards yourself.) A few good new friends. A new perspective on certain things.

whiteflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 12:10 AM   #13
edubardus
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGEEEEEEE
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Screen Name: Edubardus
Real Name (First at least, last isn't needed): Edward
Preferred Story Name (Try to keep it quite similar to your real name): Edu

6'2'' . 140 lbs. 17 years old.

Questions:

What is your biggest fear? (This answer is meant to be serious. Looking for something personal here. Answers like SPIDERS, CARROTS, RATS, etc. aren't what I want here.)
Losing my sanity.

If you could have any kind of superpowers/unnatural abilities, what would they be?
Invisibility and Mind Control.

Why did you choose that specific power?
To control something as complex as the mind of a random human being simply intrigues me. Invisibility.. who wouldn't like to be invisible?

What do you get out of being a part of such a great internet community?
Extremely hilarious moments. It's simply fun to be there... which is why I keep coming back.

[Edit]
First post...lol?
[/Edit]

Last edited by bluguerrilla : Today at 08:51 PM. Reason: edubardus/
edubardus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 10:58 AM   #14
Lightknight924
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Lightknight924

> : ( Edubardus! Nice sig.
Lightknight924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 09:14 PM   #15
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach

Screen Name: Reach
Preferred Story Name: Andrew
Physical description of yourself: http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/5...895399m7bl.jpg
Questions:

What is your biggest fear? dying too young or wasting my potential and having to regret things later on.

If you could have any kind of superpowers/unnatural abilities, what would they be? Probably the power to control time. But the power of mind control would be tempting >.>

Why did you choose that specific power? Time is an amazing thing, even though no matter how long I ponder it, it's still confusing. Being able to control it would be amazing. That and, I want to see the future and the past, regardless of breaking any laws of physics XD

What do you get out of being a part of such a great internet community? Something to keep me busy when I have a lot of space time? XD Actually, the people. The community itself it what I get out of it. There are a lot of great people here I know very well.
Old 12-30-2005, 09:47 PM   #16
Chromer
Hookers and Blow
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Chromer Send a message via Yahoo to Chromer

Reach is WHITE? O_o
Old 12-30-2005, 10:35 PM   #17
YungYung
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to YungYung Send a message via MSN to YungYung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromer
Reach is WHITE? O_o
No, he's brown.

Screen Name: YungYung
http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/3307/2353392qq.jpg

Questions:

What is your biggest fear? The dark, and being alone. I litterally turn on ALL the lights in my house when I'm home alone at night.

If you could have any kind of superpowers/unnatural abilities, what would they be: To read minds

Why did you choose that specific power: Because then I could know exactly what others are thinking, and never have to worry about wether or not someone is lying to me. Basically a whole trust thing.

What do you get out of being a part of such a great internet community?

Alot. I've learnt that the internet isn't as 'dangerous' as what we thought it was when we were taught in elementary. Not everyone is a pedophile. I've met alot of great friends that I talk to on msn everyday. Some I've talked to on the phone. And I've even met two. Learnt to realize that I shouldn't put up with elitists (sry arch & ap lolo).
Old 01-1-2006, 12:37 AM   #18
igotrhythm
Fractals!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to igotrhythm
Default Re: Some Info to help out a story...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xObserveRx

Screen Name: igotrhythm
Preferred Story Name: Anthony
Physical description of yourself: 5 foot 10, brown hair, brown eyes, glasses, mustache/beard, not too muscular
Questions:

What is your biggest fear? (This answer is meant to be serious. Looking for something personal here. Answers like SPIDERS, CARROTS, RATS, etc. aren't what I want here.) I am afraid of failing to satisfy the demands of those who have power over me.

If you could have any kind of superpowers/unnatural abilities, what would they be? Since I like to imagine that people see me as an intellectual person, I have always wondered what it would be like to have some form of psychic power. I'll leave it up to the writer to determine the specifics.

Why did you choose that specific power? See above.

What do you get out of being a part of such a great internet community? (Try to make this serious and relate it towards yourself.) What I draw from the community is a drive to improve and succeed, which is something everyone should have, as well as a willingness to try new challenges while being uncertain of the outcome.
igotrhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-1-2006, 02:59 AM   #19
ravenhexa
FFR Player
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to ravenhexa
Default RE: Re: Some Info to help out a story...

Add me, but you already know all my stuff (or PM me and I'll give you whatever you don't already have).
ravenhexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-2-2006, 09:52 PM   #20
MonkeyFoo
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Some Info to help out a story...

Screen Name: MonkeyFoo
Preferred Story Name: Aaron
</adam's apple>
It's more than a year old, cuz I don't have a digital camera anymore, but it gets the main points across: Blondish, blue eyes, white, 6'1", 140 lbs., really hot (I'm clearly on fire). I know I look like I hadn't slept in a couple days, probly cuz i pretty much hadn't. Oh, and I'm 16. And I've got this one too, from my Facebook:

What is your biggest fear? I am afraid I'll say or do something that alienates all my friends. I end up being pretty shy. Not particularly afraid of it, cuz it probly wouldn't happen, but that's probably the biggest fear that ever comes up in my mind. It's gotta be the stereotypical high school fear.

If you could have any kind of superpowers/unnatural abilities, what would they be? Flight. I mean, to be able to fly at any speed and any altitude I want, and i guess not have my ears pop, withstand massive G forces, etc.

Why did you choose that specific power? To be able to fly would be really awesome. But on top of that, it has lots of practical uses. I could easily get lots of money doing all sorts of work. Think: Fighting crime as superhero, fedex same hour air, I could do some great work joining special forces... I could plant C4 and be out in a snap. And if those fell through, I could always join the circus...

What do you get out of being a part of such a great internet community? I know I posted in a thread about this, but failing to find it, I'll come up with a completely new answer. For one thing, I get to chat with people when I'm doing homework. It's sort of an extension of IM for when most of my friends from school have gone to sleep. That's why I usually, at least originally, would only post late at night. So I get a whole new batch of people who I know, though I wouldn't call anyone I only know through a forum a friend, and everybody's friendly with each other. I guess it really adds color to my home life. There's always something new to talk about, always people to talk to.

How's that for enough information?