Old 06-1-2017, 10:35 PM   #1
the sun fan
FFR Player

Default jTWG LXXXI I Got Nothin' Game Thread

9 players, 2 wolves 1 tracker 1 watcher rest vt
1 wolf is tracker immune and 1 wolf is watcher immune

Vanilla Town or "VT" is a town aligned role that has no special abilities. It is the most common role in TWG by far. The only real objective a VT has is to find the wolves and kill them (TM Fredrick). VTs win when all wolves have been killed.

Tracker is a town aligned role that can target a player each night. They do this by PMing the game moderator (in this case myself) the name of a living player. At the end of the night phase, I will PM them the name of who that player visited in the night, if anyone. "Visits" are determined by targeted role actions, so:

If Sanzath is the tracker, and targets Hateandhatred, the watcher immune wolf, AND Hateandhatred kills xXOpKillerXx all in the same night, then the result that Sanzath would get will be "Hateandhatred visited xXOpKillerXx"

Tracker wins the game the same way that vanilla towns do.

Watcher is a town aligned role that can target a player each night phase in the same way that the tracker would. At the end of the night phase, I will PM them the name(s) of who visited that player in the night, if anyone.

If Sanzath is the watcher, Hateandhatred is the tracker immune wolf, and xXOpKillerXx is the tracker, and Sanzath, Hateandhatred and xXOpKillerXx all target Rapta on the same night, the result that Sanzath would get would be "Rapta was visited by Hateandhatred and xXOpKillerXx."

Watcher wins the game the same way that Vanilla Towns and the Tracker does.

Tracker Immune Wolf is a wolf aligned role that wins when the number of wolves alive in the game is equal to or greater than the number of town players alive in the game, or when nothing can prevent this from occurring. The Tracker Immune Wolf cannot be targeted successfully by the Tracker, such that:

If Sanzath is the Tracker, and Hateandhatred is the Tracker Immune Wolf, and Hateandhatred kills xXOpKillerXx the same night Sanzath targets Hateandhatred, then the result Sanzath gets would be "Hateandhatred visited no one."

Watcher Immune Wolf is basically a palette swap of the Tracker Immune Wolf, such that:

If Sanzath is the Watcher, and Hateandhatred is the Watcher Immune Wolf, and Hateandhatred kills xXOpKillerXx the same night that Sanzath targets xXOpKillerXx, then the result Sanzath gets would be "xXOpKiller was visited by no one."

In addition to being Watcher and Tracker Immune respectively, the wolves have a nightkill each night phase. They can message the game moderator (myself) privately the name of a town player they wish to nightkill, as well as which wolf they wish to send to make said nightkill. At the end of the night phase, the player that the wolves target will be killed.

The wolves are provided with the ability to communicate privately with one another about game-related decisions in a private chat during the night phases only.

Beneath is some specifications for this game.

KitB: On
OOTC: Off (Exception, Wolfchat)
Nighttalk: Off
Phantoms: Off
Instalynch: On
No lynch/kill: Off
Cardflips: On, Full Role Flips

KitB stands for Knife-in-the-Box. This is in effect when, at the end of a day phase, there is no lead candidate for the lynch, and there is instead a 2-way (or greater) tie for the lynch. When this occurs, the game moderator uses random.org to break the tie.

If Sanzath and Rapta have 3 votes at the end of a day phase, and no one else has a greater number of votes, then the game moderator uses random.org to decide who dies between Sanzath and Rapta.

If Sanzath and Rapta have 2 votes, but Hateandhatred has 3, then Hateandhatred is lynched.

If Sanzath, Rapta and Hateandhatred have 3 votes each, and no one else has a greater number of votes, then the game moderator uses random.org to decide who dies between Sanzath, Rapta and Hateandhatred.

OOTC stands for Out-of-Thread-Communication. This means PMing other players on FFR or some other private place (such as Discord) and discussing game-related things, such as your opinions/reads/thoughts on the game. There are no exceptions to the rule unless you are a wolf talking to the other wolf in the designated private chat during a night phase.

Nighttalk refers to the playerbase's ability to talk in the game thread during the night phase. This is rarely allowed to take place. Game-related discussion is to take place in the thread during day phases only.

Phantoms are extra votes that are sometimes given to players as a penalty for not voting during a day phase. These are rarely seen on FFR.

Instalynch (Instant Lynch) is a game mechanic that occurs when a majority of living players are voting for the same person. When this happens, the day phase ends immediately and that person is lynched.

If there are 9 players alive, and 5 of them are voting for Wayward Vagabond, then Wayward Vagabond is instalynched.

If there are 8 players alive, and 4 of them are voting for Wayward Vagabond, then Wayward Vagabond is NOT instalynched.

If there are 8 players alive, and 5 of them are voting for Wayward Vagabond, then Wayward Vagabond is instalynched.

No lynch/kill refers to the ability of the playerbase and wolfteam, respectively, to choose whether or not they want to lynch someone in a day phase or kill someone during a nightphase. If I do not get a PM from the wolfteam with a nightkill, then I will random.org the kill between all living town players as well as which wolf makes the nightkill, as it is not possible for there to be no nightkill in this setup.

Cardflips refer to what information, if any, is given to the living players upon the death of a player. In this instance, I will reveal the dead player's alignment (town/wolf) as well as their exact role (VT, Tracker, Watcher, Tracker Immune Wolf, Watcher Immune Wolf).

1) Sanzath
2) Hateandhatred Tracker, Killed N3
3) xXOpKillerXx
4) Rapta tiloco217 Vanilla Town, Lynched D2
5) Wayward Vagabond Watcher, Killed N2
6) Hakulyte
7) andy-o24 Watcher Immune Wolf, Lynched D1
8) XelNya Vanilla Town, Lynched D0
9) Xiz Vanilla Town, Killed N1
-------------------
Replacements
1) tiloco217
2)

It is currently Day Four. Day Four will end at 10:00 PM Server (Central) Time, Sunday, June 11th

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

Last edited by the sun fan; 06-11-2017 at 02:59 PM..
the sun fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-1-2017, 10:36 PM   #2
the sun fan
FFR Player

Default Re: jTWG LXXXI I Got Nothin' Game Thread

Roles are going out now, game will begin when I am finished
Please do not post until then

Last edited by the sun fan; 06-1-2017 at 10:36 PM..
Old 06-1-2017, 10:46 PM   #3
the sun fan
FFR Player

all roles have been sent out, if you have any questions about your PM, please make sure to ask me privately.

Old 06-1-2017, 10:47 PM   #4
the sun fan
FFR Player

With that, the game begins

Day 0 (the first day phase) will last until 10 PM Server (Central) time, Saturday, June 3rd.

Day 0 begins now.

Old 06-1-2017, 10:54 PM   #5
Xiz
TWG Chaos
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz

opkiller

Xiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-1-2017, 10:57 PM   #6
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiz View Post
opkiller
These are rarely seen on FFR.
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-1-2017, 10:58 PM   #7
Xiz
TWG Chaos

Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz

xelnya is town

Xiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-1-2017, 10:58 PM   #8
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Quote:
xelnya is town
it is not possible
Old 06-1-2017, 10:59 PM   #9
Rapta
🡸Index🡻Is🡹Fun!🡺
Global ModeratorMultiplayer ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

im sleepy
Note the left hand pinky. It stretches out into attack mode to make etienne's hand appear larger, an intimidation technique for the arrows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mourningfall
[3:51 PM] Mourningfall: i spent the second half of that song getting face fucked by a fly
Quote:
Hi I see rapta come play TWG next game
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx View Post
Rapta thinks alot about memes and fonts. I'd be inclined to think he's town because wolves wouldn't have time to meme would they ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawnskunk
if we keep releasing engines that work on 1/4 of people's computers, we'll get there
Quote:
Originally Posted by gold stinger
do u even agrabah
Quote:
Today at 12:53 AM
I have no fucking idea how you were able to identify that specific line from meme show so you are basically an elder god of memes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychotik
When I think Mother’s Day, I think Venetian Snares.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haku
have you heard someone mention eating pancakes to negate friday 13th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prawnskunk at 10:53:56pm on 10/26/11
OMFG VC! I want your programming fingers in or around my mouth OnO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storn at 3:03 PM
We have so many batches open. Its like a backlog clearance sale. ALL FILES MUST GO!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToonE156 at 11:07 PM
You've never felt intimacy until you've practiced Jiu Jitsu ground techniques with the only girl in class
Rapta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-1-2017, 11:00 PM   #10
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Does this game have assigned kills and can they be targeted ?
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-1-2017, 11:01 PM   #11
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
Does this game have assigned kills and can they be targeted ?
In addition to being Watcher and Tracker Immune respectively, the wolves have a nightkill each night phase. They can message the game moderator (myself) privately the name of a town player they wish to nightkill, as well as which wolf they wish to send to make said nightkill. At the end of the night phase, the player that the wolves target will be killed.
Old 06-1-2017, 11:03 PM   #12
Rapta
🡸Index🡻Is🡹Fun!🡺
Global ModeratorMultiplayer ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

i thought sunfan was game moderator?
Note the left hand pinky. It stretches out into attack mode to make etienne's hand appear larger, an intimidation technique for the arrows.
Quote:
[3:51 PM] Mourningfall: i spent the second half of that song getting face fucked by a fly
Quote:
Quote:
Rapta thinks alot about memes and fonts. I'd be inclined to think he's town because wolves wouldn't have time to meme would they ?
Quote:
if we keep releasing engines that work on 1/4 of people's computers, we'll get there
Quote:
do u even agrabah
Quote:
I have no fucking idea how you were able to identify that specific line from meme show so you are basically an elder god of memes
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
We have so many batches open. Its like a backlog clearance sale. ALL FILES MUST GO!!
Quote:
You've never felt intimacy until you've practiced Jiu Jitsu ground techniques with the only girl in class
Old 06-1-2017, 11:04 PM   #13
Hakulyte
the Haku

Does the assigned kill conflict with the immunity?

Can you track a NK (?)
Old 06-1-2017, 11:04 PM   #14
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapta View Post
It is the most common
Old 06-1-2017, 11:20 PM   #15
Hakulyte
the Haku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakulyte View Post
Does the assigned kill conflict with the immunity?

Can you track a NK (?)
Derp. I thought wolves also had tracker/watcher abilities to track down the town tracker/watcher on top of being immune.

I guess OP explains it all. (OP as first post, not you xXOpKillerXx)
Old 06-1-2017, 11:24 PM   #16
Rapta
🡸Index🡻Is🡹Fun!🡺

op stands for original post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
do u even agrabah
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-1-2017, 11:52 PM   #17
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]

Quote:
op stands for original post
there is no lead
Old 06-2-2017, 01:07 AM   #18
Hakulyte
the Haku

Alright, I see that there's not much to go on about in this setup that haven't been said in the first post.
I'm going to explain about player ratio in this game for a bit just to give the others something to talk about.

Player ratio in this game is 7:2 which is 7 Towns (5 Vanilla Towns + 2 Power Roles) vs 2 Wolves.

This is an example of potential scenarios with how the game can evolve in a world where everything goes wrong.

-----------------
Standard Play (Scenario A) (What normally happens in the majority of the TWG games)

7:2 (Day 1) (Assuming majority vote a Town player D0 (Mislynch) + Night Kill by Wolves which is forced with random.org even if they do nothing)
5:2 (Day 2) (Mislynch + Night Kill)
3:2 (Day 3) (Mislynch + Night Kill)
1:2 (Day 4) (Game's End)
---
3 chances for 3 days.

Conclusion:

We have 3 chances to find both wolves as town by voting them with a majority vote every phase.

-----------------
Example of Bad Play (Scenario B) (You lose 1 chance to find a wolf if you "No Lynch" only one phase in this game)

7:2 (Day 1) (No Lynch + Night Kill)
6:2 (Day 2) (Mislynch + Night Kill)
4:2 (Day 3) (Mislynch + Night kill)
2:2 (Day 4) (Game's End)
---
2 chances for 3 days.

Conclusion:

If we "No Lynch" one phase, we only have 2 chances to find both wolves. This is a bad play because no time was gained and an opportunity was missed.

-----------------
Alternative Scenario that Maximize Time (Scenario C):

7:2 (Day 1) (No Lynch + Night Kill)
6:2 (Day 2) (No Lynch + Night Kill)
5:2 (Day 3) (Mislynch + Night Kill)
3:2 (Day 4) (Mislynch + Night Kill)
1:2 (Day 5) (Game's End)
---
2 chances for 4 days.

Conclusion:

This is better than Scenario B because you recover one day for solving the game even if you only have 2 chances as well. It doesn't matter when you Mislynch/No Lynch either, but this is more likely to happen on the first and second phase. I think it's a little pessimistic to "No Lynch" 2 phases, but if we "No Lynch" once, we may as well do it twice for more information. I'm assuming Scenario A is what's going to happen this game because 3 chances > more time with this setup because we have 48 hours a phase and that's quite a lot depending on how active we are.

Too Long; Didn't Read(tl;dr): If you want to "No Lynch" one phase, you may as well "No Lynch" a 2nd phase because you gain time and you lose 1 player for gaining 2 potential night actions that can solve a wolf instantly. Losing a player makes us gain information by simplifying the game, but it's still not good. I consider Scenario C a backup strategy if time becomes more valuable than chance, but that's unlikely.

---

Advice:

I'm mentioning all of this because half of the players in this game are new and we cannot "meta" read them currently because this is the first time we play together on forums. This means that most of the reading this game will have to do with actions(what we're trying to do) and intentions(why we're doing it) behind how we're posting except for the other half of the players who can sort of read each others based on experience(meta).

I'm expecting players to vote one player each phase and try to go from that for solving the rest. Just keep in mind that this is a team game and that we're going to be stuck in a situation where we need to evaluate each others and decide if the other person is trying to achieve the same goal as we are. We're eventually going to be conflicted and realize that there's no real way to confirm if what the others are saying is true or false. Just keep asking yourself why a certain person is posting the way they are and you'll be able to slowly get somewhere.

If you can't find wolves, try to find players that you strongly believe are the same side as you and share about it. This is called "making a town circle" and it's a good alternative way to solve this game. Process of elimination should eventually lead to wolves if you evaluated correctly.

I should be fairly online during this game. I'll try to answer as many things as possible.

As for reading Sanzath/Hateandhatred/xXOpkillerXx and Rapta..

vv This currently applies to me vv
Old 06-2-2017, 01:18 AM   #19
Hakulyte
the Haku

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
Quote:
It's a copy/paste from the "original post".
Old 06-2-2017, 01:33 AM   #20
Hakulyte
the Haku

Quote:
xelnya is town
Why ?