Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 11:45 PM   #1201
bballa48
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Suspicious Scores thread (Formerly Hacked Scores)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI View Post
The thread you're in is Suspicious Scores, and that's exactly what I'm doing - investigating.

If superiority complex is going to be attached to everything I do, that isn't my problem.
Doss, I just want you to know that people with this opinion are simply arrogant. You don't have a superiority complex, at all. Honesty if I was as good as you are, I would probably go around here shitting all over people. You are GODLY at this game, yet you continue to be humble. I really respect that.

Seeing Rubix exposed is honestly really frustrating to me. I used to be really inspired by him. This "oh everyone knew i cheated" bull shit needs to stop. Guess what? I didn't know. And it really really REALLY bugs me that you would completely scam an entire community that actually (gasp) cares about this game. How the **** do you not feel bad about that?

Dossar, thank you for doing this and actually giving a shit about integrity. I am glad someone actually cares about doing the right thing.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:50 PM   #1202
Tarrik
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tarrik Send a message via Skype™ to Tarrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballa48 View Post
Doss, I just want you to know that people with this opinion are simply arrogant. You don't have a superiority complex, at all. Honesty if I was as good as you are, I would probably go around here shitting all over people. You are GODLY at this game, yet you continue to be humble. I really respect that.

Seeing Rubix exposed is honestly really frustrating to me. I used to be really inspired by him. This "oh everyone knew i cheated" bull shit needs to stop. Guess what? I didn't know. And it really really REALLY bugs me that you would completely scam an entire community that actually (gasp) cares about this game. How the **** do you not feel bad about that?

Dossar, thank you for doing this and actually giving a shit about integrity. I am glad someone actually cares about doing the right thing.

Great post. People bashing Dossar continuously is wrong, especially when he's been right this entire time. Recognition or not, he's done this thread justice and a LOT of time and effort were put in to this. A little respect would be nice right? But no, the community are too stuck up these days to give a shit, which is why people are starting to leave.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:52 PM   #1203
Netjet!
Sic itur ad astra
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Netjet! Send a message via Skype™ to Netjet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarrik View Post
But no, the community are too stuck up these days to give a shit, which is why people are starting to leave.
Uh, is that not just bashing the community back for them bashing Doss though? Sort of hypocritical statement, but I agree that Doss did put a lot of effort into that and doesn't deserve bashing for it.

Last edited by Netjet!; 03-23-2012 at 11:54 PM..
Old 03-23-2012, 11:54 PM   #1204
ichliebekase
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netjet! View Post
EDIT: I'm not saying what he did isn't as bad as it seems, because it's stupid and disgusting. However, dwelling on it isn't going to do anything, and it would be better to bury the hatchet.
As much as I enjoyed watching all of this [popcorn.gif], I have to agree with it.

Quote:
This entire post made me chuckle. Just sayin~
Garden Party - Dance, level 38
Old 03-23-2012, 11:55 PM   #1205
krunkykai22
&lt;3 Jumpstream &lt;3
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to krunkykai22 Send a message via Yahoo to krunkykai22 Send a message via Skype™ to krunkykai22

Quote:
It did save the replays, they just got wiped when Velocity started using a new replay system.

"I don't understand why you think you've found any new information" - how long has the community believed you for again?

"practically everything there has been explained (by me) in other posts." - HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Come on man, just give up. You've been exposed.

Quote:
The thread you're in is Suspicious Scores, and that's exactly what I'm doing - investigating.

If superiority complex is going to be attached to everything I do, that isn't my problem.

Quote:
More like the community should know what the heck is going on. Like I said, this is a wake-up call. I've given you guys more information on how to spot suspicious players, and you should be appreciating that.

Okay, listen you know what, what you did took time and effort and that's all fine and dandy, but what you just did is nothing new to what the community thought about way back when when Marcus was actually getting these scores. There were so many BS calls back then that it was just deemed "another excuse" and people moved on with their lives.

The fact that you had to rehash all this bullshit and bring it back up to justify your THE BEST FFR PLAYER IN THE WORLD, is just some elitist bullshit superiority complex that YOU ACTUALLY DO HAVE. You really gotta get off Marcus' Dick bro, you're only proving your more of a ***got every day.

+0 to finding out Marcus botted scores, tell us something we don't know asshole, then maybe JUST MAYBE, you would ****ing matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo man im awesome View Post
Honestly I don't really care about this too much, but it sounds to me like at this point Dossar is just doing this for self/personal gain so he can feel the accomplishment that he "outsmarted" someone by using replay data.
At least someone else agrees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo man im awesome View Post
Well I realize that, but I feel like you've been on his case for ages, and at this point it was really just redundant to start making even more ridiculously large posts basically just repeating words like "liar" and "you're finished". You easily could have just PM'd that to an admin or something like that.

I honestly don't actually believe that superiority complex crap (contrary to what my profile pic may make it seem), but it just seems like this is really just another dragged out publicity stunt.

Again as I stated before, that's all it seems to be anymore, a publicity stunt.

I could quote more, but it'd be pointless. The fact remains, you are gaining NOTHING out of this, it's only making the troll fest continue on and on and on.

As for the latest can we go back in time to the good old days, I completely 100% agree. Back then, at least everyone worked together to get shit done and it wasn't the, more or less, pointing fingers at who did what shit. It didn't matter back then because we were all having fun. THOSE were the damn days. People came to the site triple or quadruple the rate that they are now, why? ****ing drama and trolls. This little incident made no increase in traffic, just more people scratching their ****ing head going "really roy? really?" Good job on the post though, it was so nicely detailed and gave me a nice fuzzy feeling in my tummy.

Move on, go to your indeed forum and ****in stay there.

EDIT:::

Quote:

Please for the love of god, tell me that this is a troll post, that way I don't have to jump out my window hanging myself with the bed sheets.

Last edited by krunkykai22; 03-23-2012 at 11:57 PM..
Old 03-23-2012, 11:57 PM   #1206
i love you
Live a wonderful life~

Have to agree with bballa. You pretty much nailed what I was going to mention to this whole community. Honestly, I am glad that he is finally exposed after all these years of people believing him. Once aperson hears the news, this Rubix case will finally come to an end and people can move on with their lives.

EDIT: Krunky, what the ****? That post was retarded.

Last edited by i love you; 03-24-2012 at 12:03 AM..
Old 03-23-2012, 11:58 PM   #1207
bballa48
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Krunky, I am sure ripping on Dossar is going to help. You just did exactly what you chastised the community for doing.

Why can't everyone just be nice? Really.

Edit: No, it wasn't a troll post. Maybe I actually appreciate someone trying to elucidate what, for me, was a very confusing situation. Guess what? Not everyone knew what went on with Rubix. I am glad you did (and others), but I didn't.

I don't know why someone trying to expose the truth is automatically pinned as a narcissistic jerk.

Last edited by bballa48; 03-24-2012 at 12:01 AM..
Old 03-23-2012, 11:58 PM   #1208
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Dossar, I acknowledge and applaud the extensive research you've done in proving one person wrong about his scores, but can we just end it at that? This is getting really old, and I don't know how much longer you're going to wallow in your "victory". How much more acknowledgment do you want?
Old 03-23-2012, 11:59 PM   #1209
krunkykai22
&lt;3 Jumpstream &lt;3

Send a message via AIM to krunkykai22 Send a message via Yahoo to krunkykai22 Send a message via Skype™ to krunkykai22

bballa, you're right, I did do exactly what the community does on a daily basis so what's the point?

Do you HONESTLY think that this community will ever change? Not in a million ****ing years will it ever, EVER go back to the way it was.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:00 AM   #1210
megamon88
aka Assertive
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

The amount of douchebaggery in this thread is incredible
Old 03-24-2012, 12:01 AM   #1211
sticklydude
r.i.p. tiny hippo

Send a message via Skype™ to sticklydude

I'm not a fan of Dossar, but I respect that he did this with good intentions.
Nobody likes being lied to, especially when you know they're lying. Thanks for finally finishing this case.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:02 AM   #1212
krunkykai22
&lt;3 Jumpstream &lt;3

OMG LOL WHY IS EVERYONE TAKING THIS AS A SHOCK!!!

where the **** was everyone when Rubix was playing? Were you all like hiding under a rock!?!? hahah FFS! These scores are NOT news people, come the hell on, lol like it wasn't OBVIOUS enough
Old 03-24-2012, 12:02 AM   #1213
gnr61
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to gnr61

community pretty much seems the same to me as when i left it, though there's a bit fewer 2006-2010-made alts with no avi's and funny names who get really mad all the time
Old 03-24-2012, 12:02 AM   #1214
iironiic
D6 FFR Legacy Player
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Just helping...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
--------------------------------------------8<---------------------------------------

snip.

Dossar,

Thanks for taking the time to analyze replay data to validate scores. Since I've started playing in 2003, tracking down definitive proof of cheating has been extremely hard to do and there are many players that have slipped through the cracks. It's nice to actually be able to parse out what is legitimate versus what isn't, and it's nice to be able to accurately set the metric for competitive play by filtering out these erroneous scores.

------

Everyone else,

This thread has a pretty clear purpose -- Find suspicious scores and analyze them. I don't know what pathetic sense of schadenfreude causes you all to constantly devolve into a scene out of Lord of the Flies, but I hope you're aware that if you keep it up you'll effectively kill the community you spend a lot of your time on. Moving forward, if you do something purposelessly antagonistic to another member of this site, you will be banned.

If you repeatedly do this, you are demonstrating to me that you no longer wish to have any association with the site. As such, I will be permanently banning your IP, deleting all of your accounts, and deleting all of your scores.

------

-aperson

--------------------------------------------8<---------------------------------------

Now... back to suspicious scores
You all made your points. Take the arguing somewhere else please.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:06 AM   #1215
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Jesus not having those replays saved is really hurting the entire point of this, here. It's one score. One obviously multi-sigma score. If those replays had been saved, you'd be able to look at the distribution of that particular play vs. the others and see some HUGELY obvious differences.

To put this in context, here. Many people knew I had developed a bot a while back. Around this time I started pulling off scores that were drastically better than anything else I'd ever pulled off. Most of these scores (RAN, RATO, etc) were admitted publicly, except for DP. Can you guys not connect the dots?

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...d.php?t=115110
Go look at the original thread.

Esp. posts like these:
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...&postcount=276
This entire thing is a troll gone bad because of the lost data. I had mistakenly assumed the replays would be accessible when they finally got around to developing some frame-comparison metrics, because if you look at my DP runs, you'll notice some hilariously cool things I had left behind intentionally from some mathematical principles I coded into my bot.

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...d.php?t=116681
Aperson even posted the replay data in this thread. Come on guys.

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...d.php?t=116022
RATO AAA
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...5&postcount=18
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...5&postcount=46 <-- seriously, come on

If you guys seriously can't understand the difference, then it is my mistake for pulling too high-level a long-con. All my other scores are legitimate. The botted scores *are supposed to be obvious*.

Last edited by Reincarnate; 03-24-2012 at 12:08 AM..
Old 03-24-2012, 12:06 AM   #1216
yo man im awesome
soleil ardent
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I think after tonight, FFR needs to find a way to start off again on a clean slate. I mean, this is ridiculous. Krunky, you're half-right. This community will never go back to the way it was, unless we actually try and do something about it. From what I'm seeing, little to nothing is really being done overall on the regular user side of the community. The moderators and admins are working their asses off to help keep this site worth going to, but honestly, us users are just taking it for granted at this point.

We seriously need to start over. Not in scores, not in the forums, but as people overall. Everyone needs to get their shit together and start realizing that being a douche sucks and that we actually need to help each other out here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
you double dad loving dipshit
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
dammit now i have to smoke a picture of choof out of a bong
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
I can't be the only guy who has wondered what it'd be like to menstruate all over the shower.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:07 AM   #1217
nois-or-e
SponCon Aficionado

Send a message via AIM to nois-or-e Send a message via MSN to nois-or-e Send a message via Skype™ to nois-or-e

What wilson said +1000

We get it, everyone is either pissed, stoked or somewhat upset about these recent discoveries. The arguing can stop, the thread has been derailed enough. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
Now... back to suspicious scores
Old 03-24-2012, 12:09 AM   #1218
bballa48
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post

If you guys seriously can't understand the difference, then it is my mistake for pulling too high-level a long-con. All my other scores are legitimate. The botted scores *are supposed to be obvious*.
My only issue is that they weren't obvious to everyone. I do appreciate you saying that now though.
Old 03-24-2012, 12:11 AM   #1219
gnr61
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to gnr61

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...d.php?t=116681

eek this thread is just ugly for all involved your all terrible people >_>
Old 03-24-2012, 12:12 AM   #1220
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
My only issue is that they weren't obvious to everyone. I do appreciate you saying that now though.
Considering the massive flux of obvious trollposts in the past (which I just linked to), I find it hard to believe that people aren't able to connect the dots to DP, especially when the replay data reveals hugely hilarious things that could not have been done by chance or human play.

Acting like this has "exposed" me is dumb. My scores are legitimate. The last few gluts of obvious bot-scores were, well, obvious bot-scores. Even when I've said so explicitly. DP was left intentionally vague for a reason. The plausible deniability was supposed to goad people into doing frame investigations. When Velocity joined up, I knew this was the perfect time to pull this off (the DP run was shortly after his arrival).

So, anyone who is "surprised" should promptly eat their own feet. All Dossar has done is rehashed obvious things that I've *explicitly mentioned in the past*.
Closed Thread