Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Life and Arts > Writing and Literature
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2011, 07:42 PM   #1
Hazelle
Let's GO.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Hazelle
Default Tale of Terror

Alright so you nerds got me in the mood for some writing. I didn't really proof read this so if there's any glaring mistakes, my bad. Also, this isn't the whole story, lots more to come so...yeah. I wasn't sure if I should make another post or just add onto this one, so I decided to just add onto this one. Thanks for reading

“You are such a pain in the ass,” Kelly mumbled while dropping off the last two grocery bags onto the kitchen counter. The dog continued spazzing out, attempting to climb her leg like a monkey climbs a tree to reach her. “Ouch, that hurts!” She exclaimed, glaring down at the dog.

She made her way to her bedroom so she could finally get into some comfy clothes. An oversized tshirt and sweatpants will do just fine. Of course when she wanted to close the door, there he was, that little dog. She tried to close the door anyway, but the dog wasn’t getting the message that if she kept going, he would be decapitated and it would be quite the painful process.

Kelley growled and stooped down to pick the toy poodle up, placing him ten feet away from the room, and then successfully closed the door. She got changed and reappeared into the hallway, that damn poodle following her everywhere she went.

She hated the thing, but of course her husband just had to get it. Why couldn’t he get something more manly at least? A Labrador, a german shepherd, even a giant like a great dane. Kelly had enough with the dog.

“Hey babe!” her husband greeted, as he stepped through the front door. Kelly shook her head and smiled, kissing Norman. “How was your day?” he asked, taking off his shoes and dropping his briefcase on the couch.

“It was good. Finally got the forms for probate signed. Yours?” Kelly replied. She sighed. Norman grinned, picking the dog, Terror, up and giving him kisses. Kelly wanted to vomit.

“It was alright. Not too busy, which I didn’t like. Isn’t that right Terror? Daddy likes being busy, yes he does!!” he baby-talked, giving the dog Eskimo kisses.
Kelly rolled her eyes and started to put groceries away. She didn’t try and hide the fact that she was annoyed with her husband’s affair with their dog.

“Did you pee on the carpet?” Norman asked Terror, seeing Kelly a little on edge. “Did you pee on the carpet?” he asked again in the higher octave.

“No, he did not piss on the carpet!” Kelly shouted, slamming the cupboard door closed. Norman’s eyes grew wide, deducing he was the cause of his wife’s anger. He walked over to her with Terror and shoved the dog in her face.

“Why are you mad mommy?” He made Terror say in a weird voice. “Bow..wow wow…”

“Get that dog out of my face,” Kelly warned.

“What? You don’t love meeeeee?” Norman made Terror ask.

“No. I hate the dog, Norman. Okay? It’s obnoxious, it’s small, and I just don’t like him!” Kelly finally confessed. Norman finally put the dog down.

“When were you planning on telling me this?? We’ve had the dog for seven months already.”

“I know, but he’s always following me, he’s needy for attention, and I can’t do anything around the house without me fearing I’m gonna turn him into a pancake!” Kelly explained, sitting down at the kitchen table.

“He’s a dog, Kelly, in case you haven’t noticed. He wants to be loved. He loves you,” Norman tried to convince his wife, sitting across from her.

“No…he doesn’t. He knows I hate him and wants me to go over the edge,” Kelly grumbled.

“Aw babe, how about this. I’ll put a baby gate at the bottom of the steps so you have the upstairs all to yourself. Does that sound fair?” Norman tried to compromise.

Kelly sighed. Getting rid of the dog was not an option…at least for now. “Sure, we’ll try that,” she agreed.

“Yayyyy!” Norman cheered softly, kissing his wife on the lips.

----

“Alright, alright I’m up,” Kelly murmured, but Terror continued to lick her face. The woman sat up in bed and pushed the poodle away. “Off,” she said. The dog obeyed, jumping off the bed and making a beeline for the back door.

“Ugh you have to pee. I have to pee, but I know you have to pee too, so I’m gonna let you pee and then I’ll go pee while you pee,” Kelly rambled, opening the door for Terror. What happened when she closed the door wasn’t good.

The dog immediately began whining and squealing. Kelly looked down. “SHIT!” she yelled, opening the door back up. Terror was okay…but now he was tailless. “Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!” Kelly panicked, picking the dog up and running to get towels and ice. She then put Terror’s tail in a plastic bag with ice and sped to the veterinarian.

“Well, looks like he’s going to be without a tail,” the doctor informed her after an hour of waiting. Kelly breathed deeply.

“He’s not in pain, is he??” she asked.

“It might be a little uncomfortable for him for a couple days but he should get used to it. Give him these meds, and bring him back in three days so I can look at his stitches and dressing,” the doctor instructed.

An assistant came out to greet Kelly with Terror in her arms.
“He’s a tough dog,” she said, gently handing her over to Kelly. Though Kelly didn’t like Terror all that much, she was certainly glad to hear that he was going to be okay, whether a tail or without.

Norman was of course not so understanding when she had to break him the news.
“What the ****?! How the **** is it possible to slam a door on a dog??? Were you not paying attention?!” He bellowed, slamming his briefcase down on the kitchen table.

“I-I-didn’t mean to-“ Kelly stammered.

“No, shut the **** up!” her husband commanded. He kicked over a kitchen stool and stormed off into the living room.
Kelly sat down on the floor and started to cry. “I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry,” she repeated while sobbing. Terror looked at her and then followed Norman’s footsteps to the front door.

“I’ll be back later,” he said, and starting to close the door behind him. He was making sure Terror wasn’t in the way. “See how I’m checking that he’s not in the way??” he said to his wife. Kelly sniffled and didn’t say anything. “Not that ****ing hard. Move, Terror,” Norman said, looking down at the dog. Terror didn’t budge. “Oh **** it,” he grumbled and left it open. Twenty seconds later, he drove off.

Kelly stood up and grabbed a tissue as she made her way to the front door to close it. She picked Terror up to get him out of the way. “You caused this stupid fight, way to go,” she blamed him, setting him back down after closing the door and then blowing her nose. She went to the bedroom and fell asleep. The dog sat at the front door, waiting for Norman to arrive home again.

Any suggestions are appreciated

Last edited by Hazelle; 05-26-2011 at 04:47 PM..
Hazelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:42 AM   #2
Cavernio
sunshine and rainbows
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Tale of Terror

I really like the story the way it is. While reading it, it felt like I was just reading any book I could've picked up on the shelf. I didn't read it with the intent to critique or edit or whatever it is you're looking for. Since nothing jumped out at me, (besides the fact that this reminded me of at least 2 relationships I know/have heard of, which is a good thing...if I got a cat that would totally be me shoving it into my bf's face saying 'Aw, look at him, he just wants to be patted', and he'd flinch away with disgust on his face), I wouldn't change anything. I don't like editing tho.
Cavernio is offline   Reply With Quote