Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Life and Arts > Writing and Literature
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-5-2012, 04:55 PM   #1
brothaice
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Gunslinger: The Dark Tower I by Stephen King

Just finished this Stephen King classic. It was fantastic.

I'm about to start the second one although I dont have much time for fun-reading now that school has started back up.

I was wondering if anyone else has read any of the series and know of Rolands search for the Dark Tower.
brothaice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-5-2012, 07:19 PM   #2
smartdude1212
2 is poo
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Gunslinger: The Dark Tower I by Stephen King

I read the first one a long time ago and then didn't get a chance to continue with the series. I've decided to leave it until I've read every other King novel, and then top it off with his magnum opus.

This is possibly in the near future though since I just need to read The Dead Zone, The Stand (uncut edition 1100 pages woo~), and Black House (not sure why I didn't read it immediately after The Talisman, which was freaking amazing).

I believe my stepfather has read most, if not all, the King novels, and he says that The Dark Tower series is absolutely brilliant. I know others who have said largely the same, and it just builds up my anticipation that much more.
smartdude1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-5-2012, 07:46 PM   #3
Choofers
FFR Player
FFR Music Producer

I've tried to read The Dark Tower series a couple of times but I could never seem to get into it.

I've enjoyed numerous novels from him, though. I did a book report on It when I was in fourth grade lol.
Old 09-5-2012, 07:55 PM   #4
Gun92
The Paragon of Perfection
FFR Veteran

Ive read all 7 of them, numerous times. Its such a fantastic series and I never get bored when I am reading them.
Gun92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-5-2012, 11:16 PM   #5
smartdude1212
2 is poo
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choofers View Post
I've tried to read The Dark Tower series a couple of times but I could never seem to get into it.

I've enjoyed numerous novels from him, though. I did a book report on It when I was in fourth grade lol.
Fourth grade lmfao that's awesome. I read It when I was 16 and camping with my incredibly religious father/stepmother and she decided to flip through the book and came across some choice n-bombs and gay references and freaked the **** out. I was allowed to read all the King books I brought with me while camping, but they weren't allowed in the house when we got back. I was sad... so I powered through It and then Needful Things while I still could. I'm glad your teacher put up with that shit. *nod*

I did writings in high school (whether huge reports or just journal entries) regarding Insomnia, The Shawshank Redemption, and Under the Dome. His works are just so easy to talk about -- my friend took a class in university where they read selections from Everything's Eventual which is my favourite short story collection of his.
smartdude1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-6-2012, 12:00 AM   #6
Gun92
The Paragon of Perfection
FFR Veteran

I heard that Under the Dome was a big babbling mess. At least that is what my father-in-law said. I have yet to pick it up and I haven't really heard anything about it. Is it worth the read? Everything's Eventual was absurdly fantastic and was such an enjoyable read. It was one of the few times I actually sat down, started and finished a book in the same day. I also enjoyed Gerald's Game. My wife refused to read the rest of the book once she got up to a certain squeamish point.
Gun92 is offline   Reply With Quote