FFR Player

Default Re: XingRen's Megapack Vol.1

imagine if people never stepped vibro
Old 02-26-2018, 08:02 AM   #24
Kalre
FFR Player

im cant use forums for shit

Last edited by Kalre; 02-26-2018 at 08:02 AM..
Kalre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 08:03 AM   #25
Elekton
FFR Simfile Author
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
imagine if people made files worth playing
impossible
Old 02-26-2018, 08:55 AM   #26
Leo137
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11brendon View Post
there were 5 notable resteps in this pack that i noticed (end time, love & justice, heyyeyaaeyaaaeyaeyaa, road of resistance, and thinking of you). when you make a restep, you should aim for either charting it in a different way/style, or improving upon the other version(s). each of these charts were notably worse than their original version(s), and were all stepped in the same style as their originals. if you feel like the original chart is fine how it is, you shouldn't bother restepping it if it brings nothing new to the table.[/url]
I disagree too: you shouldn't be worrying about what other people step or don't, heck, even it might be hard to know what everyone did (specially if you aren't part of the same community)

And to be fair, end time has a lot of charts before fullerene shift that were samey (because the song warrants that kind of patterns) yet no one cared he did "restepped" it

Also, you know some of those are BMS songs? the "original" chart isn't even the SM one lmao

The rest of the review sets too "high standards" to someone who (at my point of view) wanted to do simple files to songs he liked

I see this pretentious speak of how every file has to scream originality more often that i should. Simple formulas could work if the execution is fine, and i understand this pack is all about that

If you cant tolerate "filler" files (like nonstop JS), then this pack is not for you i guess. Actually imo is not a pack to play more than a few songs per session because they would feel too samey, but don't think is an issue if he wanted to be that way. For example that's something that happens on NB packs for me but is cool, i really don't mind

I agree with the dump structure aspects of the review and how he should cut songs though, smaller packs tend to work better in my book so i also recommend this. Overall is a solid first effort, i think he got the ideas right but lacks on technical aspects. More variety would be cool but as i said before, depends totally on what he wants to do
Leo137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 11:11 AM   #27
PixlSM
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite Keysmasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo137 View Post
I disagree too: you shouldn't be worrying about what other people step or don't
not to say that you shouldn't restep at all, but generally its a good idea to avoid resteps because unless your chart is significantly better and/or different from whatever is the currently most played version of the chart, then that file is going to get completely ignored. its not inherently bad or detrimental to restep songs that already have an acceptable file, but just know that nobody is going to care to play it much and if they do their only criticisms will be that its not the file they've already played (except in the case where you restep a file that originally sucked)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKG_Scintill View Post
but I wouldn't stop people from doing it, as it could be a learning experience
essentially this
PixlSM is offline   Reply With Quote