Old 07-13-2012, 09:49 PM   #161
samurai7694
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Suspicious scores thread~

doesn't bother me if it's not something ridiculous like RATO SDP or something lol not a big deal Anaru's cool
Old 07-13-2012, 09:53 PM   #162
noname219
FFR Wiki Admin
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to noname219

I have nothing against you Anaru, but it's hard to believe someone that has botted more than one time. Even if your account is 100% legit, your reputation will follow you whether you want it or not.
noname219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:57 PM   #163
Nen Master
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by noname219 View Post
I have nothing against you Anaru, but it's hard to believe someone that has botted more than one time. Even if your account is 100% legit, your reputation will follow you whether you want it or not.
and this is the kind of mindset that is toxic to the community

yes lets exile this one person for an indefinite amount of time because his presence in the community will harm everyone

man i swear if people's jimmies are rustled because of online ffr scores then they need a psychological checkup or something

"oh mah god......my rank on dis song went down by 1 and its due to some guy... icant sleep... fuu!"

ps) i legitimately believe im a more of a positive being than a negative one to ffr/sm because i've been stepping good files, i havent harmed anyone's tournament or event, i havent spammed the forums with irrelevant and annoying content, and if anything my files have been getting positive reviews so i think im here to stay (at least for the stepping part)

so even if mods, authorities, or players believe i'm the most annoying, the man with the most alts, then aight whatever.
i dont even post goatse or anything like lj did but lol o. k. im just gonna keep sending in files anyways

Last edited by Nen Master; 07-13-2012 at 09:59 PM..
Nen Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:09 PM   #164
Tidus810
slimy, yet ... satisfying
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nen Master View Post
"oh mah god......my rank on dis song went down by 1 and its due to some guy... icant sleep... fuu!"
Ummm... I'm pretty sure that since you've been posting with that account, the only person to even mention ranks/scoreboards was bmah in the ffr scores thread, and he wasn't all pissed or anything. So just... chill.
Tidus810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:11 PM   #165
qqwref
stepmania archaeologist
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

It's all in the attitude, dude. You can't just come in here after botting multiple times, go get top 10 scores, and then whine that people don't trust you. Want some trust? Go earn it - and deserve it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai7694 View Post
doesn't bother me if it's not something ridiculous like RATO SDP or something lol not a big deal Anaru's cool
Of course you'd say that, your ranks won't be affected by like 99% of alts' scores
qqwref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:14 PM   #166
noname219
FFR Wiki Admin
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to noname219

Sorry, I never meant to start any drama. I was just exposing some concern some people may have and that is hard to accept for you.

I'm always happy when someone skilled plays the game and makes insane scores. Your definitely one very skilled player and I was sad to know some (not all) of your scores on Anaru were botted. I wasn't mad at you at all, I just didn't understand why you took this decision.
I don't care that my average rank goes up by 1, by 10 or 1000. That's not important for me. What I want, is to improve on the game, not on people's back.
noname219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:18 PM   #167
igotrhythm
Fractals!
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to igotrhythm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Zeta~ View Post
If it's anaru (which it seems like because lol false personality to start shit again and "ffr 4 fun" which he always said), it's the same as blacklisting someone or banning/removing their hacked scores. and he's already cheated twice. so I don't know why you would let it continue or risk all of the bullshit over again.
Isn't this basically Dossar's story?

And if it is, if we gave him another chance and even let him have a bot-check program to check the legitimacy of others, then why can't we give Nen the same?

Last edited by igotrhythm; 07-13-2012 at 10:20 PM..
igotrhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:19 PM   #168
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

anaru is onehandnow right
Old 07-13-2012, 10:24 PM   #169
Nen Master
Banned

long story long

onehandnow: requested ban (from hammy) because i wanted to start college (also asked scorewipe iirc thru blatantly botting cccp, props to owa)
anaru: after 1st sem of college i was bored (no other fun games) so i played ffr but school started kicking my butt again so i resorted to botting some high scores and then got banned for ban evasion (apparently ban evading my own ban)
anything else: b& for ban evasion (ban for ban evading a ban on my own ban)

so many bans banbanbanbnananb
bananas

also ure guis can check my replays all u want
look over it analyze evr detail analyze evr replay analyze evr keystroke
(im looking @ u dossar, u better analyze every single replay of mine)
waste more time that way u kno?
Nen Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:29 PM   #170
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

ok just making sure. too many alts rofl

yeah leonid kinda proved you legit and capable of getting the scores you have even the botted ones so i dont see what the problem is ~_~
Old 07-13-2012, 10:32 PM   #171
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Why bot at all when you know the risks and your skill level doesn't even reflect that sort of desperate measure to get good scores? Seriously, why?

Last edited by bmah; 07-13-2012 at 10:49 PM..
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:36 PM   #172
Tidus810
slimy, yet ... satisfying
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmah View Post
Why bot at all when you know the risks and your skill level doesn't even reflect that sort of desperate measure to attain good scores? Seriously, why?
'Cause FFR's just a bunch o' scrubs, amirite? <_>
Tidus810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:19 AM   #173
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I find it necessary that I make some things clear here.

It's not like I really enjoy scorewiping or anything of that sort, but if I do notice something wrong, I also don't enjoy having it stay on the leaderboards either. I'm not randomly choosing people to blacklist -- everything I find is actual cheating that nobody noticed. I'm more interested in seeing how players approach certain sections of a file, and sometimes this means that I find cheating when I'm not expecting it (such as when I wanted to see how xThai approached a certain file, but then found out he had botted plays).

The purpose of this thread is not to be antagonistic towards others, even previous players that were caught doing whatever, but to mention anything that deserves some inspection. I really dislike how every time I say that someone is cheating, I am suddenly considered to be stalking and trying to shit on those specific people every time.

I am not actively looking out for BSers (directed toward all those comments about me doing this 24/7 and more antagonistic attitudes about how I spend too much time looking at replay data), nor do I get satisfaction from catching them. Ever since the start of this new thread with the policy of keeping drama to a minimum, it should be clear that even I have no right to be an asshole towards others -- however, catching someone cheating is not being an asshole. You people need to realize this. If I say someone cheated/botted/whatever, I am not saying they are a bad person or anything ridiculous like that, I am saying that they cheated.

Which brings me to this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by qqwref View Post
It's all in the attitude, dude. You can't just come in here after botting multiple times, go get top 10 scores, and then whine that people don't trust you. Want some trust? Go earn it - and deserve it.
I used to be a hardcore BSer, but I admitted I was a dipshit and knew I couldn't continue on like that. I even confess I was wrong for doing that -- that is the difference. The problem is when instead of admitting to it and apologizing, you have people that are just being like "lol dossar taking ffr so srs" and then instead trying to attack me.
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 12:28 AM   #174
Herogashix
Descension from Heaven
FFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I kinda like Anaru more than Dossar.

btw,
Quote:
Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI View Post
I used to be a hardcore BSer, but I admitted I was a dipshit and knew I couldn't continue on like that. I even confess I was wrong for doing that -- that is the difference. The problem is when instead of admitting to it and apologizing, you have people that are just being like "lol dossar taking ffr so srs" and then instead trying to attack me.
Yeah. Basically what happens to BSers.
Old 07-15-2012, 08:43 PM   #175
All_That_Chaz
Supreme Dictator For Life
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to All_That_Chaz

Could we please stop the drama?
dammit chaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoJaR View Post
god dammit chaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalReynolds
I bet when you live in a glass house, the temptation to throw stones is magnified strictly because you're not supposed to.
All_That_Chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:52 PM   #176
qqwref
stepmania archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by All_That_Chaz View Post
Could we please stop the drama?
Could we please stop deleting legitimate, important discussion posts just because you don't understand what's going on in a thread?
Old 07-15-2012, 09:08 PM   #177
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

The concept of deleting posts that don't interfere with the established rules in an OPEN forum is asinine.
Coolboyrulez0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:09 PM   #178
All_That_Chaz
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Anaru's status is not the point of this thread. It's off-topic and only serves to start drama. I wouldn't delete posts without reading through the thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post
This thread has a pretty clear purpose -- Find suspicious scores and analyze them
EDIT: If you have a problem with me, send me a PM. Uncivilly arguing with staff IS against against the established rules of this forum.
dammit chaz
Quote:
god dammit chaz
Quote:
I bet when you live in a glass house, the temptation to throw stones is magnified strictly because you're not supposed to.

Last edited by All_That_Chaz; 07-15-2012 at 09:12 PM..
Old 07-15-2012, 09:19 PM   #179
qqwref
stepmania archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by All_That_Chaz View Post
Anaru's status is not the point of this thread. It's off-topic and only serves to start drama.
Then move those posts to another thread and let the discussion continue. It's an important one to have because it concerns the high score boards, which are publicly visible and which affect the ranks of all active players. Deleting the posts sends two messages to us forum users:
1) the staff wants to sweep this issue under the rug; and
2) the staff thinks the deleted posts had no valuable content.

Honestly, I'm offended that at the first sign of anything controversial many mods reflexively nuke the whole discussion. Nobody learns from that and nothing gets fixed. The point of moderators is to improve the quality of discussion and make the forums a more inviting place, but the way you guys act, the effect is the opposite.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:26 PM   #180
All_That_Chaz
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

1) We are not covering up anything. The staff is discussing the issue with Anaru.
2) That's not relevant. I could copy-paste a study on cancer treatments into a thread about cat pictures. It would have tons of valuable content, but the post would still be deleted because it was off-topic.

People are mad because I deleted their posts and they think I'm never on the site and don't know what's going on. I do plenty behind the scenes. Don't worry.
dammit chaz
Quote:
god dammit chaz
Quote: