Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2009, 12:48 PM   #1981
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to korny
Default Re: FFR's Top One Handers

I actually don't play SM at all. I was merely saying that I could download, play it, and beat whoever you were talking about. I play ffr a few times a week, but with my left hand, and maybe once every two weeks will I play a few songs normally. Perhaps I'm secretly training to become a spread elitist....
korny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 12:51 PM   #1982
~HentaiXXX~
Banned

Send a message via MSN to ~HentaiXXX~

Well shat, looks like we're going to have to train harder to fulfill 8hour's needs.

It's summer, so I'll be rising in the ranks like a jet, don't you worry.
~HentaiXXX~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 08:25 PM   #1983
Card Man
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Wow guys; why is this thread turning into crap? I mean; if people quit; they quit. I one-hand because it is fun. IF it ever becomes any less fun to me; then I will go spread. If I hit my limits as some of you have; then I will still stay one hand because it is fun to me. I don't care about being a God of FFR as BolthMannn said earlier.

8 Hour Whore; nobody should be argueing with you about your decision. It is almost silly to do so. And as for one handing for attention; that is whatever. People do notice and people do react if you are good one handed; but a score is a score no matter how you obtain it in the end.

IF this thread gets updated anymore in the future; it will attract more people to play one hand. If this thread goes in the direction it is already in; then you may see even more people quitting this style of play. If I stop having fun; then spread I go. Make your decisions people; and stick to them and hope for the best. Just have fun dammit!

Last edited by Card Man; 05-24-2009 at 09:25 PM.. Reason: Spelling of some names....
Card Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 09:17 PM   #1984
Zageron
Zageron E. Tazaterra
RRR Developer & DevOps Support
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Card Man View Post
Wow guys; why is this thread turning into crap? I mean; if people quit; they quit. I one-hand because it is fun. IF it ever becomes any less fun to me; then I will go spread. If I hit my limits as some of you have; then I will still stay one hand because it is fun to me. I don't care about being a God of FFR as BolthhhMan said earlier.

8 Hour Whore; nobody should be argueing with you about your decision. It is almost silly to do so. And as for one handing for attention; that is whatever. People do notice and people do react if you are good one handed; but a score is a score no matter how you obtain it in the end.

IF this thread gets updated anymore in the future; it will attract more people to play one hand. If this thread goes in the direction it is already in; then you may see even more people quitting this style of play. If I stop having fun; then spread I go. Make your decisions people; and stick to them and hope for the best. Just have fun dammit!
Everything he said.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:08 PM   #1985
~HentaiXXX~
Banned

oh gee thanks now I feel like an asshole.

I just hate seeing people quit at things they're good at. I do understand 8hour's reasons to the fullest now, but it still angers me. That can't be helped.
Old 05-25-2009, 01:29 AM   #1986
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Why exactly are you angered? People's preferences change based on their perception as to what makes this game more fun to them. To be angered because you're losing competitors makes sense, but for no other reason it's pretty much nonsensical.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:31 AM   #1987
~HentaiXXX~
Banned

Yes, I'm angered because I'm losing competitors, I guess I didn't make that quite clear did I? hehe, sorry.

Yeah whatever let's get on with this mythical tournament of a thousand dark warriors ready to compete for the ones they love or for the legendary prize...THE GOBLET OF TORMENT!!!!!!!!!!!(2 billion credits)
Old 05-25-2009, 10:56 AM   #1988
leonid
I am leonid
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I'd like to start one-handling for fun

I can't play Vertex BETA with three fingers though D: is using four fingers considered legit?

Proud member of Team No

Last edited by leonid; 05-25-2009 at 11:11 AM..
leonid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 12:46 PM   #1989
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

It's definitely legit but you'll be ridiculed for using it. As if using 4 fingers in itself isn't already a skill that's hard to utilize effectively for speed and timing.
Old 05-30-2009, 06:36 AM   #1990
Redsky139
The cat's away; Go Play
FFR Veteran

::head pokes in::
::head pokes out::

Quote:
Originally Posted by korny View Post
I play with my left hand more than my right these days.
[Insert absurd and immature joke here. I mean, seriously, how did you guys miss this one??????]

One-hander that does alright sometimes.

Are you one of the best one-handers on FFR? Show it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Card Man
I think this will give both of us pleasure because it will take long. (I think)
Redsky139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 11:13 AM   #1991
Bynary Fission
Retired One-Hander
FFR Veteran

Don't worry, I'm not dead. Momoko was kind enough to give me a subbie so I can update this thread once again.

I must side with the others, Alek - quitting because you feel nobody wants to challenge you even though they are there seems kinda dumb. I really want to start up FFR again - but I'm still adjusting to higher speedmods to play on 2.25x, because 2x is WAY too slow.

I'm glad to see you guys still remember this thread. I am really hoping that the tournament will start during the summer, and hopefully coinciding with my return to FFR.

As for the rest of you, I like the way you view one handing as opposed to spread - some people just don't seem to get it. I myself fully agree, and this is coming from a guy who stuck with one handing for almost a year and a half.

And now that Summer is upon us, get playing! I'll probably update the list in a few days if you guys express interest.

https://soundcloud.com/bynary-fission/tell-us-who-you-are-battle-tower-royale-character-creation-screen
Bynary Fission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 01:30 PM   #1992
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsky139 View Post
[Insert absurd and immature joke here. I mean, seriously, how did you guys miss this one??????]
I'm sorry, I don't get what you mean by this. Do you mean to say that you think I'm kidding? Because I'm not. I've Fc'd 2 VC's, and aaa'd a few VD's.
Old 05-30-2009, 05:55 PM   #1993
ThatKidJust
FFR Player

No worries I'm not saying I won't play again.. I'll probably begin playing FFR one handed again once I loose a bunch of skill because in my mind that seems fun. Working to get everything again xD
Also if the tourney starts I will be participating in it.
Under 8 Hour of course cause this account is for Spread.
I thank cardman and everyone else that does see my reason to quit for the time being.

PS..
Alex is the shet <3
ThatKidJust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 09:20 AM   #1994
Redsky139
The cat's away; Go Play
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by korny View Post
I'm sorry, I don't get what you mean by this. Do you mean to say that you think I'm kidding? Because I'm not. I've Fc'd 2 VC's, and aaa'd a few VD's.
No - I very much believe you. I respect your talent.

It feels different, like someone else is playing FFR. lol. I just read your post before Zag's and out of context I wasn't sure what 'game' you were playing. Hence the immature part of the implied joke. If it's still not obvious, just let it slide.

@ Bynary: I may consider some tourney play in the near future. I find my skill has not diminished as much as I had feared.

One-hander that does alright sometimes.

Are you one of the best one-handers on FFR? Show it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Card Man
I think this will give both of us pleasure because it will take long. (I think)
Redsky139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 03:58 PM   #1995
Card Man
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynary Fission View Post
And now that Summer is upon us, get playing! I'll probably update the list in a few days if you guys express interest.
*Expresses Interest*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatKidJust View Post
PS..
Alex is the shet <3
Hehe; thanks!

Card Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 04:11 PM   #1996
korny
It's Saint Pepsi bitch
FFR Veteran

Oh ok, I was just confused as to what you were saying is all. I can't use my thumb on my left hand though, awkward as hell.
Old 05-31-2009, 05:40 PM   #1997
~HentaiXXX~
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatKidJust View Post
No worries I'm not saying I won't play again.. I'll probably begin playing FFR one handed again once I loose a bunch of skill
This works. I was gone for that year and when I came back I was much better. As you can probably tell from some of the scores I posted.
Old 06-1-2009, 09:42 AM   #1998
~HentaiXXX~
Banned

Isn't that just weird how I always kill the thread whenever I post? XD

Also f*ck you whoever says, "use edit don't double post", this double post is necessary.
Old 06-1-2009, 04:26 PM   #1999
Bobogoobo
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Hey. I haven't been to this topic in a while - I'm afriad of getting a virus from the forums again :/

I see I got added to the average rank list finally How long ago was that rank recorded?

I think I'm getting worse because I don't get to practice much (busy with school and stuff) And I work at a summer camp so unless I get wireless internet and an extra keyboard, I won't be playing much over the summer either. I see mention of a tournament, so hopefully I can enter and see how I do compared to the rest of you.

Best AAAs: Enchanting Venus [50], Yukitsuki-yashou [49], Faces [47], Lunar Eclipse [47], Pulling Through [46], Pinkie's Castle (<3) [41].

Two-handed alt = Viisbyxa.
Bobogoobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-1-2009, 04:31 PM   #2000
Bobogoobo
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Hey. I haven't been to this topic in a while - I'm afriad of getting a virus from the forums again :/

I see I got added to the average rank list finally How long ago was that rank recorded?

I think I'm getting worse because I don't get to practice much (busy with school and stuff) And I work at a summer camp so unless I get wireless internet and an extra keyboard, I won't be playing much over the summer either. I see mention of a tournament, so hopefully I can enter and see how I do compared to the rest of you.

Also, I need to work on my AAAing. I kinda suck at it.

Last thought: I was looking forward to Inside the Fire since the first day it was on the upcoming songs list. I hope more of my favorite songs get added

Okay, I have one more thought: I'm way low on credits. I still have a ton of songs to purchase from when they went on a Purchased spree >_>

Whoops, sorry about the double post!! It told me there was some database error the first time so I assumed it wouldn't post. I added more to the second post though.

Also, now updating the stats in my sig. What other stats should I include? (Not that it matters, but stats are fun )
Edit: updated

Edit: dangit, blackflag on a 2 (London Bridges). Haven't played that one in forever though.

Edit again the next day: Dang, I am so far away from getting that new token I'd rather get all the purchased songs than wait forever to get all the secret songs. Is there any easier way to get credits?

Edit one more time: I've definitely heard Ska Cha Cha somewhere before, I think in a flash game or movie or something. Anyone know where?

Edit once again: Man, this post is getting rambley, if it wasn't already. I think I'm going to start working on these tokens now (I think I just started having a good day though and now I'm going to take a break until tomorrow), then tier points. So, token get! "Burning Sun"

Best AAAs: Enchanting Venus [50], Yukitsuki-yashou [49], Faces [47], Lunar Eclipse [47], Pulling Through [46], Pinkie's Castle (<3) [41].

Two-handed alt = Viisbyxa.

Last edited by Bobogoobo; 06-2-2009 at 05:25 PM.. Reason: Silly double post, etc.
Bobogoobo is offline   Reply With Quote