Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-7-2009, 03:19 PM   #101
A2P
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to A2P
Default Re: what the **** ffr

Okay......................okay.

First off, all of you need to chill with the multi-posting. It wasn't funny when yaboy did it, and it isn't funny in this thread. Secondly, stargroup...I know you're aiming for the Simon Cowell reputation of simfile judging, but you really need to chill out sometimes. I respect you as a simfile author, and your files ARE pretty good, but like I mentioned before, you've made bad sims too (like DP).

Like Danceguy said, the ultimate point of playing this game is to have fun. I've been playing DDR/SM/FFR/etc. for years because they're really fun games to me. The steps DO have to be somewhat intelligible (i.e. steps that go to the music) but they don't have to be Planet ===KARMA===-like quality to be fun. CSGS is actually pretty fun to play. If I still had a subby I'd still play it constantly just for fun.

Well, those are my two cents. Have fun guys!
PS to stargroup: You should listen to Danceguy. He's been around waaaaaaaaaaaaay longer than anybody else in this thread, and he's been making sims for about the same amount of time too. He has more wisdom than you on simfile making.
A2P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-7-2009, 03:20 PM   #102
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghakimx View Post
Fast steps + Boring song. Formula is simple to understand.
sounds like higan retour amirite
dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-7-2009, 03:23 PM   #103
Ghakimx
Cutie&Handshaking Sounds
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Ghakimx

Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 View Post
sounds like higan retour amirite
The only version of Higan Retour I've played is Ilonaya's version from her Touhou pack. But yeah, the piano is boring, so the rest of the steps is carried by the drums and everything else.

I AM ASHAMED OF MY STUPIDITY AND MUST COMMIT SEPPUKU. FORGIVE ME, FFR.

Ninjas NEVER die. Now on a 30 kill streak.
Ghakimx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-7-2009, 03:26 PM   #104
stargroup
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2P View Post
Okay......................okay.

First off, all of you need to chill with the multi-posting. It wasn't funny when yaboy did it, and it isn't funny in this thread. Secondly, stargroup...I know you're aiming for the Simon Cowell reputation of simfile judging, but you really need to chill out sometimes. I respect you as a simfile author, and your files ARE pretty good, but like I mentioned before, you've made bad sims too (like DP).

Like Danceguy said, the ultimate point of playing this game is to have fun. I've been playing DDR/SM/FFR/etc. for years because they're really fun games to me. The steps DO have to be somewhat intelligible (i.e. steps that go to the music) but they don't have to be Planet ===KARMA===-like quality to be fun. CSGS is actually pretty fun to play. If I still had a subby I'd still play it constantly just for fun.

Well, those are my two cents. Have fun guys!
PS to stargroup: You should listen to Danceguy. He's been around waaaaaaaaaaaaay longer than anybody else in this thread, and he's been making sims for about the same amount of time too. He has more wisdom than you on simfile making.
danceguy has been around longer and I respect that

unfortunately, his way of thinking is SUPER old. we're heading into 2009-10 and quite a few files are actually worse than they were in 2007. inexcusable

also my bad sims are really really really really old or not intended to be good. for example, bicycle break was my second simfile EVER. EVER. death piano was intentionally HARD, not good. the only reason I made was so that people would stop bitching about files being too easy. I made my point. and even then, it's still miles ahead of say RATO

you guys have to be on your toes and question everything that happens, ask yourself whether it makes sense or not
Old 09-7-2009, 03:52 PM   #105
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

so people don't play this game anymore? notecharts are just to look at? that's weird. stepmania, etc doesn't pRoGrEsS as much as you think it does. new trends just come along.

Quote:
The only version of Higan Retour I've played is Ilonaya's version from her Touhou pack. But yeah, the piano is boring, so the rest of the steps is carried by the drums and everything else.
I'm talkin' bout HST's. Your description sounds totally accurate. I just know I had something like a mid-range B on HST's oni chart. It was dumb. I actually love HST's stuff, though.
Old 09-7-2009, 03:58 PM   #106
Ghakimx
Cutie&Handshaking Sounds
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Ghakimx

Hook me up with his chart.

Oh yeah, if you haven't figured this out, the new set of judges (bluguerilla, bmah, dore) were only picked recently. The set of files such as CSGS were approve much more before they were assigned judges, I think.

I AM ASHAMED OF MY STUPIDITY AND MUST COMMIT SEPPUKU. FORGIVE ME, FFR.

Ninjas NEVER die. Now on a 30 kill streak.
Ghakimx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-7-2009, 04:22 PM   #107
omgitznpv
cohoooooon

Send a message via AIM to omgitznpv Send a message via MSN to omgitznpv

Quote:
Originally Posted by who_cares973 View Post
yeah someone else synced la camp for me when i started it and i didnt know how to fix the yns without having to restep it. now that im a ddream pro and since i plan on restepping i might as well resync too
yns (if you still don'tknow)

double bpm during a pause before the yns begins for a 16th or use a stop that has the duration of a 16th as long as it doesn't result in bns (which you have throughout the first 2/3 of the file i think)
omgitznpv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-7-2009, 05:54 PM   #108
customstuff
♥C.S. + A.M.♥
FFR Veteran

P.S. Counter Strike Gun Sounds is amazing. If I can AAA it, After Dawn should be able to aswell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic5239 View Post
Placements are final, custom will not be moved to D6, just because he is good at jacks, and mediocre at just about every other FMO in the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by customstuff View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMagic5239 View Post
welcome to D6

start playing
customstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-7-2009, 05:56 PM   #109
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgitznpv View Post
yns (if you still don'tknow)

double bpm during a pause before the yns begins for a 16th or use a stop that has the duration of a 16th as long as it doesn't result in bns (which you have throughout the first 2/3 of the file i think)
i use ddream =x so i'd be taking a different route lol but theres a bunch of sync issues throughout that were ok for ffr but really bug me and re syncing the file would take maybe 10 minutes lol
Old 09-7-2009, 06:07 PM   #110
stargroup
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 View Post
so people don't play this game anymore? notecharts are just to look at? that's weird. stepmania, etc doesn't pRoGrEsS as much as you think it does. new trends just come along.
see, you don't understand

stepmania and ffr have been rooted from pad play. the progress we need is the breaking away from pad play and heading to true keyboard play

I've explained this many times to many people before but apparently you have never read this before

if you're interested hit me up on aim or msn and I'll send you my texts
Old 09-7-2009, 06:11 PM   #111
MrRubix
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

The flow of a pad file is much different from that of a keyboard file for obvious reasons I won't get into, but I agree that files played on keyboard need to be custom-tailored for keyboard play. </obvious yet people suck at it >
MrRubix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-7-2009, 06:21 PM   #112
Patashu
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile Author

Location: we traced the call...it's coming from inside the house
Send a message via AIM to Patashu Send a message via MSN to Patashu Send a message via Yahoo to Patashu

hey guys so I'm playing cosmic orchestry by kommisar on pad
Best non-AAAs: ERx8 v2 (14-1-0-4), Hajnal (3-0-0-0), RunnyMorning (8-0-0-4), Xeno-Flow (1-0-0-3), Blue Rose (35-2-0-20), Ketsarku (14-0-0-0), Silence (1-0-0-0), Lolo (14-1-0-1)
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee301/xiaoven/solorulzsig.png
Patashu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-7-2009, 07:26 PM   #113
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

holy **** sick, nice orchestry (seriously though sick)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stargroup View Post
see, you don't understand

stepmania and ffr have been rooted from pad play. the progress we need is the breaking away from pad play and heading to true keyboard play

I've explained this many times to many people before but apparently you have never read this before

if you're interested hit me up on aim or msn and I'll send you my texts
Sounds interesting but tbh I don't really play anymore. 6-key is definitely more ideal for stepfilers, players who are getting too good, etc. I don't see what that has to do with CSGS though, really. I know it's less keyboardy, as in the patterns are kinda like what would be played on pads. When it's sped up three times as fast, though, it doesn't really have anything to do with pad charts. I think it's good to have all kinds of charts in the game instead of all strictly note-to-sound layerfests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRubix View Post
The flow of a pad file is much different from that of a keyboard file for obvious reasons I won't get into, but I agree that files played on keyboard need to be custom-tailored for keyboard play. </obvious yet people suck at it >
Well, some people still play index, right?

all I'm sayin is the bottom line is you gotta diversify yo bonds
Old 09-7-2009, 07:39 PM   #114
gnr61
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to gnr61

stargroup a lot of things you say are true, but your trying to objectify some glorious ideal standard of simfile making is ridiculous. we can encourage stepping "good songs" using inventive techniques and trying to reflect the music as well as possible, but there is no way to say "all these files are simply bad" and "all these files are simply good" because there is an absurd amount of variation in taste from player to player.

you and i enjoy a lot of the same things in simfiles, but even we disagree strongly about a lot of them from a file to file basis; looking at our respective nomination lists for your Ultimate Stepmania Theme project, a lot of files in mine wouldn't live up to your "standard" of simfiles while if yours alone will be used (and it will because you are so confident in your exclusive good taste in files) i feel like no one will pick up the game for very long at all due to a lack of scoring incentive or replayable files or accessible music (hey guess what the only 3 things new players will be looking for in a music game!).

the fact is, and this is why you stir up so much drama, EXCEPTIONALLY FEW PEOPLE SHARE YOUR EXACT TASTE IN SIMFILES. you simply cannot shape everyone's taste to appreciate your brand of quality simfiles over another. not everyone is a seasoned stepper, and until they are, the minute creative flourishes of something like kil's Bedtime Story will go over their heads while a file like Tranzport almost anyone can love without any "art file" experience because its constructed in a simple though highly accessible and fun manner.

if every file in ffr is like blue rose and planet karma, guess what; NO ONE WILL WANT TO PLAY FFR ANYMORE, because a relatively small portion of the community actually enjoys those kinds of files (i don't like either one, and that's saying something).

good luck with your site though, solo ffr having its own community will surely be a positive thing. and i don't want to discredit some of the other stuff people are bringing up: 5 minute rock songs that ZERO (not "not everyone," ZERO) competitive players want to play through, but have to to keep their ranks up, stuff like death piano and rato in a COMBO BASED scoring system, etc. surely standards -should- be raised beyond judging merely "technicality" and some minute degree of fun factor. it would cause hell among aspiring talentless simfile authors, but an amount of subjective review in the judging process (song selection, expressiveness, creativity, more emphasis on fun and replayability) will go a long way toward improving the general quality of the files in the game.

also it will help if you stop posting like an attention mongering elitist know-it-all and presented your ideas in a more discussion-oriented format (losing the "your wrong im right" clause tacked onto every point will go a long way)

Last edited by gnr61; 09-7-2009 at 07:42 PM..
gnr61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-7-2009, 07:55 PM   #115
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnr61 View Post
also it will help if you stop posting like an attention mongering elitist know-it-all and presented your ideas in a more discussion-oriented format (losing the "your wrong im right" clause tacked onto every point will go a long way)
yeah, all stepablabl stuff aside, this one is important

Quote:
Hook me up with his chart.
I don't still have it, but it's in a couple of packs I believe

http://www.derailedgaming.info/simfiles/upload/

I wanna say it's in both Hard Songs vol. 1 and Puritanical etc. but you should probably stepmaniawiki it
Old 09-7-2009, 08:37 PM   #116
x After Dawn x
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by _.Spitfire._ View Post
That really wasn't why After Dawn started this thread.
That's actually exactly why I made this thread, don't be stupid. I would whore my way to a good average rank, but FFR is just full of ****ty songs that most people don't wanna play and sit at the bottom of our level ranks because of that.
Drink for forget you are retard and this bring you more retard.
Just take nicotine patch lol
x After Dawn x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-7-2009, 08:45 PM   #117
x After Dawn x
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Anyhow, thread has been around long enough, pretty sure people like stargroup and npv have got my point across, so I guess a lock is imminent.

Mods / admins, if you feel you should ban me, go ahead, but it won't do anything anyway. I haven't even done anything wrong other than raging at a very important issue though. Banning me isn't going to help anything, in fact that'll just avoid the problem for a bit instead of solving it.
Drink for forget you are retard and this bring you more retard.
Just take nicotine patch lol
x After Dawn x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-7-2009, 08:50 PM   #118
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by x After Dawn x View Post
Anyhow, thread has been around long enough, pretty sure people like stargroup and npv have got my point across, so I guess a lock is imminent.

Mods / admins, if you feel you should ban me, go ahead, but it won't do anything anyway. I haven't even done anything wrong other than raging at a very important issue though. Banning me isn't going to help anything, in fact that'll just avoid the problem for a bit instead of solving it.
There's some perfectly legitimate discussion about the game and the course of the game going on in here. As long as people calm the crap down, and stop with the ranting, there's no reason why the thread would need to be closed.

Good job trying to pre-take moral high ground like we would lay the smack down on you for having a dissenting opinion.

Next time just try addressing it as a dissenting opinion, and not an angry rant.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-7-2009, 09:12 PM   #119
Xandertrax
om nom nom

Send a message via AIM to Xandertrax

Just a question: why did all the widget files go in-game in the first place? They are low quality, poorly synced, and had no screening.

Why not take them out of the game? or at the least, let the simfile authors fix up the sync, cut them, and make them somewhat fun?

is there any way to see how many gameplays they get a day?

Last edited by Xandertrax; 09-7-2009 at 09:19 PM..
Xandertrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-7-2009, 09:34 PM   #120
Plan_Bsk81127
snooches

Send a message via AIM to Plan_Bsk81127 Send a message via Skype™ to Plan_Bsk81127

Quote:
Originally Posted by x After Dawn x View Post
****ty songs that most people don't wanna play and sit at the bottom of our level ranks because of that.
Death Piano for me........... *sits at the bottom of my ranks, holding it back from being a bit lower* lol.
Plan_Bsk81127 is offline   Reply With Quote