Old 08-22-2011, 12:52 PM   #1021
MaxGhost
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to MaxGhost
Default Re: League of Legends

All you really need to worry about with ashe is CS for the first 5-10 minutes and not dieing. Often, your opponents will dive you, and you can easily kill them. Also you need to harass with your W as much as possible to keep them at bay, as soon as you hit 6, you can just kill them pretty much instantly with R->W->autoattacks. She just needs a couple kills to start snowballing. I find her extremely easy to play cause there's really not that many things you need to worry about in terms of using her cause she basically has only two actives and three passives. Hawkshot pretty much has no use in team fights aside from chasing. Ashe needs a crit build to do good.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:41 PM   #1022
Reach
FFR Simfile Author
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxGhost View Post
All you really need to worry about with ashe is CS for the first 5-10 minutes and not dieing. Often, your opponents will dive you, and you can easily kill them. Also you need to harass with your W as much as possible to keep them at bay, as soon as you hit 6, you can just kill them pretty much instantly with R->W->autoattacks. She just needs a couple kills to start snowballing. I find her extremely easy to play cause there's really not that many things you need to worry about in terms of using her cause she basically has only two actives and three passives. Hawkshot pretty much has no use in team fights aside from chasing. Ashe needs a crit build to do good.
5-10 minutes?

You mean, 30-35 minutes? How would Ashe be even remotely close to finished anything in 10 minutes? It takes nearly 15-20 to get an IE unless you're playing against idiots, assuming a CS of about 70 in the first 10 mins, which is the highest I can ever manage without a support in my lane. Even then, Ashe is hardly a beast.

Also, why would you W as much as possible? You'll run out of mana. It should be used conservatively, but yes you can harass with it.

And there's no way you can kill anyone that isn't dumb and overextended at 6, since they can easily flash out if their hp is high enough and shouldn't be stupid enough to come near you when their hp is low.

Of course, if you get a couple kills, that allows a fast IE and fast Phantom, at which point you can start snowballing, but I find I rarely get more than 2 kills early on. Most players simply aren't bad enough.

When I play like, Singed, or Gangplank though, they have an idiot seal of approval, so it's pretty easy to waste people out of position with either of them. Actually, in my last game Blitz grabbed me and Garen came out of the bush to ostensibly gank me 3v1, though Vlad was close. I just popped my ult, Vlad ult'd them and they for whatever reason decided it would be a good idea to chase me into the jungle because my HP was low. Needless to say, a free triple kill. You just can't get away with that crap with Ashe >_>

Last edited by Reach; 08-22-2011 at 01:48 PM..
Old 08-22-2011, 02:13 PM   #1023
MaxGhost
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

I forgot to mention you need MP5 runes and ARP runes. With MP5 runes, you can harass all day. Your ult does insane amount of damage at 6, especially considering mid-lane champs are usually squishy.

When I said 5-10 minutes, I mean of pure farming. You hit 6 around the 10-12 minute mark usually (iirc) and that's when you should start roaming a bit more. First item should almost always be a Zeal, more move-speed the better for getting around. Next is an IE. After getting your Zeal, which is around 10 minutes, then you're good. I don't usually lose when I get my Zeal at 10 with Ashe, I can proceed to carry hard.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:39 AM   #1024
vantilburg
lol internet
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to vantilburg Send a message via MSN to vantilburg

Ashe isn't that great of a mid lane, to be honest. There are a lot of champions that outplay her in that respect. And if you do happen to be midding as Ashe because you don't have a competent ap carry or whatever, I like to use my ults on other lanes where some action is about to happen, anyway. Higher chance for at least one kill, in my opinion. I generally go for the free-farm-until-you-get-a-bf-sword approach, then you can generally go as aggro as you like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaguchiTheCat View Post
You are an ultimate humafag. Calling you an ultimate humafag is an understatement. You are a complete loonatic huma****! You should be shot with a bazooka for thinking this.
You've been hanging around the wrong furries, then. Most furries are nice people. ALL humafags are huge jerks. Environmentalists are good people who care about this planet, unlike you, Squeek.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:29 AM   #1025
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

Yeah, Ashe is pretty bad mid lane, I know. The only reason I mid there with her at all is because at the level of play I experience, I can get away with it and the farm is better, and because nobody ever plays support to go bottom with. I've been practising Orianna and Brand though, so I'll start taking mid with them.

I've stopped playing Ashe for a bit because of this. Laneplank, Udyr and Singed are also more fun and easier to play and don't really require that much farm (and if they do feed, they steamroll out of control)

Also, I'd like to give out a free slap to anyone that wins a team fight decisively (4+ dead on other team) and immediately blue pills. This is probably the most infuriating part of playing with bad players. Please people, when you win, push. The only exception to this ever is if you have teleport and it's an important b. That includes in your lane too (unless your health is dangerously low and we have known mias or junglers.)

Another additional slap goes out to teammates that stand there and leave free kills and subsequently let me die when I'm playing Singed because, quote 'You just ran in there, for no reason, doing nothing just running around', and then force me to carry the game later >_> (The net DPS you can do with a Deathcap late game though is pretty astronomical. It cripples teams so badly that can't CC you)

Last edited by Reach; 08-23-2011 at 08:52 AM..
Old 08-23-2011, 08:50 AM   #1026
bluguerrilla
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to bluguerrilla

Man, if that Morde had been half-competent you would have won so much faster stargroup...
Old 08-23-2011, 10:33 AM   #1027
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Quote:
All you really need to worry about with ashe is CS for the first 5-10 minutes and not dieing.
what reach said. laning phase is waaaay longer than that, and if you're the carry you need to be farming all game

Quote:
Often, your opponents will dive you, and you can easily kill them.
LOLOLOLOLOL I'm sorry but that's funny

Quote:
Also you need to harass with your W as much as possible to keep them at bay, as soon as you hit 6, you can just kill them pretty much instantly with R->W->autoattacks.
counter: stand behind minions.
flaw: not enough mana

a good mid pick will mostly wear you down first by level 6, so going in for a kill will most likely be impossible/difficult

Quote:
I find her extremely easy to play cause there's really not that many things you need to worry about in terms of using her cause she basically has only two actives and three passives. Hawkshot pretty much has no use in team fights aside from chasing.
in teamfights, you are the carry, and you have no escape mechanisms excluding summoner spells. if positioning was so simple you'd be in high elo. only hard cc she has is her arrow, which usually determines initiations. hawkshot has long range vision that allows for map control and positioning advantage for fights

easy to play ok

Quote:
Ashe needs a crit build to do good.
only because she has no steroids

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music
Old 08-23-2011, 10:35 AM   #1028
stargroup100
behanjc & me are <3'ers
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluguerrilla View Post
Man, if that Morde had been half-competent you would have won so much faster stargroup...
yeah low level queue buddies lol

Piano Etude Demon Fire sheet music
Old 08-23-2011, 10:42 AM   #1029
ChessWizard
Checkmate.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to ChessWizard

Quote:
Ashe needs a crit build to do good.
Noooooooooooooo

Tanks will rape any crit build you put on ashe

AS/Armor Pennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

(well, what items would this crit build be using, exactly?)

Best Other Scores: 5-0-1-0 Romance in the Club, 11-1-0-2 Skeletor

Meh
Old 08-23-2011, 11:50 AM   #1030
vantilburg
lol internet
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to vantilburg Send a message via MSN to vantilburg

I'm gonna jump on the bandwagon that Ashe is definitely hard to learn. Of course, I didn't learn carries in my early levels like most players, so I tend to stay away from those positions in the first place. When I do play, though, I find carries like Ezreal or Vayne or even Kennen (ap of course) fit my play style much better. That is, play around, land some pot shots, then go in for the kill with some general escape mechanisms for when things don't go as planned. Ashe is more of a carry where you try to stick on them for as long as possible with your slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaguchiTheCat View Post
You are an ultimate humafag. Calling you an ultimate humafag is an understatement. You are a complete loonatic huma****! You should be shot with a bazooka for thinking this.
You've been hanging around the wrong furries, then. Most furries are nice people. ALL humafags are huge jerks. Environmentalists are good people who care about this planet, unlike you, Squeek.
Old 08-23-2011, 02:03 PM   #1031
-paexaea-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

aka pick better ranged carries?
Old 08-23-2011, 02:59 PM   #1032
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessWizard View Post
Noooooooooooooo

Tanks will rape any crit build you put on ashe

AS/Armor Pennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

(well, what items would this crit build be using, exactly?)
Best Build on Ashe is pretty much 100% established anyway, yeah?

Berserkers, IE, Phantom, Whisper, Bloodthirster (You can get this earlier), and either 1. Banshee's (usually this) 2. Thornmail (AD centered opponents, no good tanks on your team. rare), 3. Bloodrazor (very nice middle of the road option), 4. Another Phantom dancer (if you're already winning and want to farm kills), depending on enemy team composition etc etc

Though, I'm thinking if you had enough money, wouldn't it be more efficient to sell Berserkers and just add another phantom dancer? You should move just as fast, but it gives more attack speed and critical (nearly 100% at that point).

Now I kinda want to try Ashe with an IE, Whisper, Bloodthirster and 3 Phantom Dancers >_>

Last edited by Reach; 08-23-2011 at 03:09 PM..
Old 08-23-2011, 03:22 PM   #1033
FFR4EVA_00
FFR Player

actually i take back what i said about sona
sona's a boring as **** champ
Old 08-23-2011, 04:48 PM   #1034
-paexaea-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

just now realizing? lol
Old 08-23-2011, 05:09 PM   #1035
Kibblre
Caelondia Represent
FFR Veteran

If you guys haven't seen this, I highly advise reading through all of the OP.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ad.php?t=28996
Old 08-24-2011, 12:19 AM   #1036
ChessWizard
Checkmate.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to ChessWizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
Best Build on Ashe is pretty much 100% established anyway, yeah?

Berserkers, IE, Phantom, Whisper, Bloodthirster (You can get this earlier), and either 1. Banshee's (usually this) 2. Thornmail (AD centered opponents, no good tanks on your team. rare), 3. Bloodrazor (very nice middle of the road option), 4. Another Phantom dancer (if you're already winning and want to farm kills), depending on enemy team composition etc etc

Though, I'm thinking if you had enough money, wouldn't it be more efficient to sell Berserkers and just add another phantom dancer? You should move just as fast, but it gives more attack speed and critical (nearly 100% at that point).

Now I kinda want to try Ashe with an IE, Whisper, Bloodthirster and 3 Phantom Dancers >_>
Pretty much established, yes, but there are still some significant-ish variations... Merc treads instead of berzerkers, black cleaver instead of LW can be decent, but yeah what you said is pretty much standard.

And hm... you raise an interesting point with that selling berzerker's for phantom's... I'd try it out but it's too damn difficult to get a game with Ashe to go long enough to buy all of that stuff >.>

Also, haahhahahahahahahahahahahahah Kibbl

Best Other Scores: 5-0-1-0 Romance in the Club, 11-1-0-2 Skeletor

Meh
Old 08-24-2011, 01:27 AM   #1037
All_That_Chaz
Supreme Dictator For Life
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to All_That_Chaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibblre View Post
If you guys haven't seen this, I highly advise reading through all of the OP.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ad.php?t=28996
A+. Would read again.
dammit chaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoJaR View Post
god dammit chaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalReynolds
I bet when you live in a glass house, the temptation to throw stones is magnified strictly because you're not supposed to.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:36 AM   #1038
MaxGhost
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

That post is 2 years old and pretty outdated... but yeah it's funny.
Old 08-24-2011, 04:00 AM   #1039
rsr2
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl
FFR Veteran

Awwww yeah.
Old 08-24-2011, 02:11 PM   #1040
All_That_Chaz
Supreme Dictator For Life
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to All_That_Chaz

That is spectacular. Guy finder guide made me laugh.
dammit chaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoJaR View Post
god dammit chaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalReynolds
I bet when you live in a glass house, the temptation to throw stones is magnified strictly because you're not supposed to.
Closed Thread