Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2017, 05:03 PM   #1
Nvotosreborn
FFR Player

Default Looking For Charters For Massive Pad Project

Hello! My name is John, some of you may know me as Otos. I was one of the best index players in the world back in the early 2000s. I was mostly known for using the numpad instead of the traditional arrow keys on a keyboard.

That aside, I'm now 27, married, and I'm trying to actually put together a huge package of pad files and I'll likely be documenting my journey on a blog site of some sort.

Real life happens, and it happened pretty hard to me and I got out of shape big time, so I'm going to be using my trusty Cobalt Flux and hooking up Stepmania. The thing is, I'm so burned out of all the DDR/ITG songs after playing them thousands of times, and I'm hoping to make some other songs from popular packs into pad-able files.

I can't pass anything that's 11-13 on the ITG scale until I rebuild my endurance, and my wife will be playing with me as a total beginner, but she's probably fine playing some of the ITG/DDR charts.

So here's what I'm looking for:

A -skilled- charter to re-make a lot of popular charts into something easier. 11-13s are fine obviously but I won't be able to do them right away.

New charts are also great! I have a 2000+ song playlist on Spotify that I'd love to share. Bands like Starset, Green Day, Linkin Park, Anberlin, .. so many more. I have a very wide library.

I know this is asking a lot, and I'm prepared to compensate people for their time. I'm hoping to make this into something where other players could be inspired to be healthier and such. I'm also open to being everyone's guinea pig for trying out their pad charts, just send them my way and I'll give you feedback!

I've compiled a list from stuff I'm interested in which I will post below.

If you have any questions, please ask!

(VGMP1)
Andy Asteroids
Aquarius
Burnin' Nourmander
Emerald Hill Zone
Final Battle
Final Boss
For The Savior
Galagzee
Happy Adventure, Delightful Adventure
Orc Theme 01
Overworld
Remodeling
Revival Day Impoetus
Robo's Theme
Tetrinet
The Games We Played
Top Man
Trisection
Tristram
Vanilla Extract
World Revolution

(VGMP2)
600 AD in Piano
Armored Armadillo
Megaman 3 Intro
Multi-Man Melee 2
Reploid Factory
Shadowman

(VGMP4)
Donkey Kong Country Theme
Ground Theme/Underground Theme

(Apersons)
Brace Yourself
Omega (The symbol, by Max Dragon)
Stratofortress

(Community Keyboard Megapack Volume 1&2)

A Little Plate's Rondo
Ageha
Air
Blade
Cross Time
Eight
Emerald Sword
Girl boy song
Gravity
Holy Orders
Illumination of the Sky
Lawn Wake IV
moon_child
One More Lovely
Realization
Red Sign
Reincarnation
Shind Bad
Strangeprogram
Tamayura (Both versions are good)
The Festival of Ghost 2
Tight Wad
%10

(Community Keyboard Megapack Volume 3)

EXE
Explosive
felys (long)
Kick Your A
Setsugekka
Spica

(Community Keyboard Megapack Volume 4)

BlythE
Croco
Cure for the Itch

(F5)

3 Sounds From 94
Angel Eyes
Canon-D
Dark Black Forest
gigadelic
Happy Happy Shining Star!!
KeyKey
Kill Us All
Narcissus At Oasis
Open Your Mind
Revolution
SigSig
Speedway
Take Me Back
The a la Menthe

(F4)

0x1311
Beyond the Earth
Blue Army (this version is 2:21 long)
Defection
Flames of the Sky
K8107
Lonely
Low
Overblast!!
Up N Down!
Vanity Angel

(Hard Songs Megapack Volume 4)

250BPM
Ice Clim3
Lovely Lovely Lovely
O_L
Six

(Keyboard Mega Pack 1.5)

Absolute (Rock Guitar)
ACT
Dokudenpa
era (Step Remix)
G2
Geno's Woods
HIGH
Jack
LAB
Mind Parasite
Prophetess
R8U
Release Your Mind
Ride on the Light
Samurai Zero
Summer Vacation (Bounce-Connected)
The 24th D
Tougen 0

(KBMP2)

Armed Boss
Bach Alive
Barrel Volcano
Battle AX
Blade
Booster's Tower
Dodo's Coming!
Ducking No.9
Forest Maze
Gargoyle
Hell Boy
Honor
Juggernaut
Maximizer
Pump Me Amadeus
Purplexed
Red Zone
Sepia
Since 1983
To Cure a Weakling Child
X-Treme
XenomaX

(ODI Pack 2)

Session

(ODI Pack 3)

Earth Quake
Jordan (The full song would be nice)
Sin
Spin the Disc

(PPP)

Calling an Awakening Memory
Electric Heart
Factory Beat
Going On Spring Wind
Higan Retour
Kasta sten
Kasta sten p Zaghurim
Maid of Fire
Marisa was taihen na ..... whatever she stole something
Sleepless Night of the Eastern Country
Toph's Opening Theme

(Other Stuff)

Z - DM Ashura

Looking for a pack that encompasses every single DDR ever released. That means all of the arcade songs from Extreme, Supernova, and the new cabs that they've released, including the stray songs from the PS2 releases that didn't make it onto the cabs.

(Keys of Flames)

Biaxident
Carmen's Prelude
Flashman
Mr12000 is a Lie
Nice Nice Noise
Sahti-Waari
Sea Air
Swivel
TKM
You Wanna Me

(SMGPack 2)

Almsty's Opening Theme (this could be shortened or just ignored)
Cave Story
Fear
Listen To Your Heart
Rose

(UEMP1)

Big Blue
Chill Penguin
Six Days vs. Annie's Horn

(UEMP2)

Panic Attack

(Other)
Fly away (not the one by AKHT), and sail away- draigun
Nvotosreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 06:26 PM   #2
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Looking For Charters For Massive Pad Project

I can't get past the first sentence, ur gonna have to back these claims up and provide evidence, or this won't stand.

Jk, that being said personally I think it'd be better to make new songs anyways instead of restepping old stuff, pad or not, but eh, good luck with the pack.

EDIT: lol just play it with no jumps xd

Last edited by Dinglesberry; 06-16-2017 at 06:27 PM..
Dinglesberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 08:50 PM   #3
Nvotosreborn
FFR Player

Haha jeez, I don't have anything to back me up
It's not relevant, just stating that I'm a real old timer. Used to play SMO with Izzy, DaNe, a few others from ODI, and a little bit with Arch, Kilga, and anobody.

The jumps aren't the problem for the most part (on some stuff obviously), but I really enjoy stuff on that list and I don't really want to pad a bunch of rock songs etc.

I could try making some of my own, but the last time I tried making a simfile was probably 2006 and it was also probably a lot harder than it is now (cause soundforge and audacity sucked ass for finding offsets).

Also, I'm usually busy, hence why I'm offering to pay someone to chart these
Old 06-16-2017, 09:54 PM   #4
Kraezymann
Forum User
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via MSN to Kraezymann

Re-stepping a couple hundred files for pad play is asking a LOT, considering many of the people here are mostly just keyboard players. Not that we don't have our share of pad players, but there is probably a better community to get pad packs started, like Zenius-I-Vanisher or r21freak

Before getting people to undertake such a massive project, you should also check these out:

Stepmaniaonline has a massive list of downloadable packs, colour coded to suit pad or keyboard play.

Gundam-Dude made a huge post that features many of the most popular packs, again organized by pad and keyboard.

Those last two links alone should provide you with MORE than enough extra files for pad play

Submit to this -
Kraezymann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 10:10 PM   #5
Nvotosreborn
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraezymann View Post
Re-stepping a couple hundred files for pad play is asking a LOT, considering many of the people here are mostly just keyboard players. Not that we don't have our share of pad players, but there is probably a better community to get pad packs started, like

Before getting people to undertake such a massive project, you should also check these out:

Stepmaniaonline has a list of downloadable packs, colour coded to suit pad or keyboard play.

Gundam-Dude made a] that features many of the most popular packs, again organized by pad and keyboard.

Those last two links alone should provide you with MORE than enough extra files for pad play
Hey, thanks bud.

I already did my research beforehand, don't worry, I know about those two links already.

I'm not necessarily asking someone to chart ALL of those songs, but that's a list of stuff I like from existing packs.

I didn't want to have to download a bunch of random pad packs cause I probably wouldn't recognize anything but I guess I'll give it a try, couldn't hurt I suppose. I also figured it'd be easier to tune existing files to make them easier rather than starting from scratch.

As for the other communities, I did not know about those, so I'll be sure to check them out, thanks!

I was unable to find an 'all-encompassing' DDR pack though. Does one exist?

(Edited quote cause I can't post URLs)
Old 06-16-2017, 10:22 PM   #6
Kraezymann
Forum User
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via MSN to Kraezymann

What sort of "all encompassing"? If you mean songs that are fully charted, those will take a little bit of digging for, but they exist.

Here on FFR, ddr_f4n usually fully charts his stuff and recently released one here and you could definitely check out other thread by him to find some more excellent "home made" packs

Dossar also likes to make crossover madness type packs, though I can't remember if they are fully charted lol

mute makes incredibly fun pad charts, though they are mostly single charts. He has a whole series of packs you can find and the latest is here

Many packs on xiv are "official" in the sense that they are basically straight from the machines. If you haven't yet, check out the stuff from DDR A and 2015, theres some really fun stuff in those.

Submit to this -

Last edited by Kraezymann; 06-16-2017 at 10:24 PM.. Reason: spelling
Kraezymann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 10:30 PM   #7
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

i'm actually pretty sure a good junk of those songs have been stepped for pad but they might be harder than you would want. i'd have to do some digging. i wouldn't mind stepping some of those for pad especially the easier songs but i also don't really have much pad stepping experience but the few pad files that i have stepped have been received well enough.
Old 06-16-2017, 11:27 PM   #8
Nvotosreborn
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
i'm actually pretty sure a good junk of those songs have been stepped for pad but they might be harder than you would want. i'd have to do some digging. i wouldn't mind stepping some of those for pad especially the easier songs but i also don't really have much pad stepping experience but the few pad files that i have stepped have been received well enough.
That would be sweet. I'm going to spend some time getting the list down to something a lot smaller, cause there are a few songs that I'd really enjoy being charted for pad, I could do without the rest. Some of them are also already doable on pad but they're just too hard for me right now.

As for the DDR pack, I just mean one pack that has all the songs in it. That would include:

Xth mix 1-8th+extreme+whatever else, supernova, the new machines they've released at Dave and Buster's locations, including the songs that were exclusive to the PS2 DDR MAX/extreme series (max period, among others)

Yeah, so just one big ass DDR pack basically.