Old 06-16-2016, 10:12 PM   #1
NinjaSM
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to NinjaSM
Default Thinking about moving away

Hi, I don't really know how to talk about this but I'll talk about the best way how

So, I am growing more and more afraid of living where I live, and my parents aren't moving anytime soon, My family is the type that checks on what you do, don't allow you to speak your opinion and I don't like living with that, So, here's the deal, When I am 18, I am gonna find a place to study and live, as soon as I'm there, I am never going back to where I previously lived, Even after studying.

I need opinions on this
If you don't agree that I should practically escape, please tell me why

If you think I should
Can you tell me a good place to live, and if you can, specific cities on where I should live.

I need help with this, since it's practically what I feel is the best thing, but others could think otherwise.

I just need opinions on this, and help with it.

Thanks.
NinjaSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 10:22 PM   #2
Dynam0
The Dominator
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: Thinking about moving away

Hang in there man, if you're stuck where you are at least you have a safe haven in this forum to speak your mind

A very close friend of mine struggled with his sexuality as a teenager, living in a traditional Italian family in a small town where it wasn't accepted (he even says there were like 10 gay people in the whole town lol). He ended up moving to a larger city on his own where he could live his life free of judgement and he has never been happier (he also came out to his family and they were quite accepting in the end).

Anyways I think it can be a very good thing if you feel trapped to branch out and live on your own terms!

On the flipside completely severing ties with your family, unless integral to your safety and well-being, is probably not wise. At least for financial security-sake you should try to maintain family relationships <3

Last edited by Dynam0; 06-16-2016 at 10:26 PM..
Dynam0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 10:30 PM   #3
NinjaSM
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynam0 View Post
Hang in there man, if you're stuck where you are at least you have a safe haven in this forum to speak your mind

A very close friend of mine struggled with his sexuality as a teenager, living in a traditional Italian family in a small town where it wasn't accepted (he even says there were like 10 gay people in the whole town lol). He ended up moving to a larger city on his own where he could live his life free of judgement and he has never been happier (he also came out to his family and they were quite accepting in the end).

Anyways I think it can be a very good thing if you feel trapped to branch out and live on your own terms!

On the flipside completely severing ties with your family, unless integral to your safety and well-being, is probably not wise. At least for financial security-sake you should try to maintain family relationships <3
The problem is, I'm in a country like kuwait, I live next to a country where I can die for my sexuality, I just can't come out like that, my sisters are accepting, they know, but my parents just can't know, at all. I don't wanna live with parents that can't even accept who their own son is or what he has to say.

Hopefully my sisters can help if I have a financial issue, I'm only cutting ties with my parents, not my sisters.

Otherwise, Thank you.

Last edited by NinjaSM; 06-16-2016 at 10:31 PM..
Old 06-16-2016, 11:03 PM   #4
choof
youtu.be/sM5hlrkaPSo
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

i'd say to tough it out for 4 years, do really well in school, and apply for international universities
like I said in another thread bub, if you came to vegas I'd help you out. and I'd bet that a lot of other fiffer peeps would be willing to do the same
choof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 11:12 PM   #5
NinjaSM
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
i'd say to tough it out for 4 years, do really well in school, and apply for international universities
like I said in another thread bub, if you came to vegas I'd help you out. and I'd bet that a lot of other fiffer peeps would be willing to do the same
Hm. It's either I move to the UK, the US or Canada at this rate, so I am seriously gonna have to do well at school later on
Old 06-16-2016, 11:13 PM   #6
choof
youtu.be/sM5hlrkaPSo

i honestly have no idea what it takes to move internationally
i've looked at moving to canada but i'd be using a work visa and it wouldn't be anytime soon, maybe within the next four years
Old 06-16-2016, 11:17 PM   #7
NinjaSM
FFR Player

At this point, I can really just do well at school and hope for the best.
Old 06-17-2016, 12:17 AM   #8
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Multiplayer ModeratorEvent StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

At least Canada won't be run by Drumpf in 2020.

rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 02:21 AM   #9
Deadlyx39
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaSM View Post
At this point, I can really just do well at school and hope for the best.
Just come into America as a war refugee. They'll let you in in no time flat.

Or just enter the country illegally, then the government will give you free shit even though you're illegal. somewhat /s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Blaster View Post
Why should I care about this thread
Quote:
whats in it for me
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizz13114 View Post
Fun times and meme sluts
Quote:
ew meme sluts
ew fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
do you realize how asinine all of your posts are
Quote:
i would also like to take this opportunity to shout out deadlyx39

on the one hand i feel as though your absence from these forums is a shelled victory for all ffr forumites however after careful examination of my internal feeling apparatus i have come to the conclusion that i do in fact miss your posts

[...]

come back

i need to laugh at you

once more

Deadlyx39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 02:31 AM   #10
choof
youtu.be/sM5hlrkaPSo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
At least Canada won't be run by Drumpf in 2020.
not even america will be run by the trump daddy in 2020 because we won't be a country anymore
Old 06-17-2016, 04:10 AM   #11
Cold Kitten
i love (purple things)
FFR Veteran

Quote:
not even america will be run by the trump daddy in 2020 because we won't be a country anymore
this guy knows where it's at.

forreal tho, half the reason i'm moving to canada next year ;u;

Quote:
it's like putting training wheels on gutterguards covered in styrofoam made of bubblewrap with a velcro fanny pack inside a condom
Cold Kitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 08:01 AM   #12
xVaLoRx
MYFUCKINGSOUND
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Kitten View Post
forreal tho, half the reason i'm moving to canada next year ;u;
a futile effort considering trump will be supreme north american overlord within 1 year of his presidency (which, fyi, i wholeheartedly support)

trump for prez 2016
Old 06-17-2016, 08:17 AM   #13
HeZe
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to HeZe

Clicheish to say this, but move to London. You get work easily if you don't bother doing pub jobs. Absolutely nobody will look you badly. Half of the city population is not English origins. Minus sides: living there is VERY expensive, normal people can't afford to live in city center so they have to be stuck in tube every day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
Your strengths and weaknesses may never change, but they will still get better as you do, albeit disproportionately of course. You're bad at jumpstream, so just play jumpstream files. Play them for hours. Play ones you have to struggle to SDG, and play ones hard enough to make your hands and arms burn. Then play them some more. Then, the day after the next, play them again. If you aren't already doing this, you can't say you're stuck. Plateauing doesn't really exist, if you aren't improving it means you haven't put in the effort needed to improve, or your effort has been misapplied. It's more of a problem at really high levels, but never totally concrete.
HeZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 11:14 AM   #14
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Multiplayer ModeratorEvent StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
oh yea good point
i knew i loved u chof

rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 11:19 AM   #15
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

I have a friend who's 23, living with his parents and they still don't know he's gay. It's killing him from the inside and it's sad to see, so yeah. I don't think burning bridges with your family is a good option, but if you say it's better for your security... then it becomes a tough call.

I think that Canada is the easiest country to get into, both for the cost of living and the immigration policies (though I'm a local, so I don't know much to be honest). What if you tell your parents after you moved out? I presume it would make them mad and all, but at least you'd be safe, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Click the bricks

MarioNintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 02:36 AM   #16
MixMasterLar
Beach Bum Extraordinaire
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to MixMasterLar Send a message via Skype™ to MixMasterLar

I know I'm kind of bumping this but I want to point something out that seems like an absolute no brainer---

If you are going to split in 4 years SAVE ALL OF YOUR MONEY STARTING NOW

Don't fall into the habit of assuming you can start at a later date and make it, or that you can figure it out when you re 17. If you are going to put this plan in motion then commit like a sonafabyeetch.

That said, I wholeheartedly support keeping ties with your family, because no doubt they do love and care for you, but if you need to go, freakin' go. No shame.

Facebook / Youtube / Twitter

(tricked into the)
Castlevania 2-Hit Challenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
Achievement unlocked: reading the setup
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Mad Dummy (Neee) View Post
But, I mean, shado claimed to seer check his N0 on N4, so obvs there's some NEXT LEVEL SHIT going down..
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
I have beat my meat to storn's posts no less than four times

Last edited by MixMasterLar; 06-20-2016 at 02:36 AM..
MixMasterLar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 01:59 AM   #17
NinjaSM
FFR Player

Updating this
So I've made plans
I am gonna study extremely hard while in Kuwait, gonna have to do IGSCEs, A levels and AS levels if I wanna seriously find a good uni.
When I am done there, I will hopefully find a university in the UK to study at.
After Uni, hopefully I find a good job and finally live there.
But here they do not exist.
Only winners and losers here.
For here, the mighty rule.
Old 07-28-2016, 02:20 AM   #18
Deidara837
For a New Beginning
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Oxford is a wonderful super homey place, obviously it's Oxford though so a few of the colleges in the uni may be harder to get into but there's like 35 to choose from

Despite the USD:GBP ratio being like 1.65 at the time the food was still cheaper than college food lol

Nothing wrong with keeping ties while moving away, but if you do need to burn that bridge it's better to do so after you've crossed it and found the nearby train station with a loaded paycard

_9th OT: D2 - 13th Place
10th OT: D5 - 45th Place
11th OT: D6 - 12th Place

EMG Rivalry | EMG Spreadsheet
Deidara837 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 12:31 AM   #19
FlashHarry
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaSM View Post
Hi, I don't really know how to talk about this but I'll talk about the best way how

So, I am growing more and more afraid of living where I live, and my parents aren't moving anytime soon, My family is the type that checks on what you do, don't allow you to speak your opinion and I don't like living with that, So, here's the deal, When I am 18, I am gonna find a place to study and live, as soon as I'm there, I am never going back to where I previously lived, Even after studying.

I need opinions on this
If you don't agree that I should practically escape, please tell me why

If you think I should
Can you tell me a good place to live, and if you can, specific cities on where I should live.

I need help with this, since it's practically what I feel is the best thing, but others could think otherwise.

I just need opinions on this, and help with it.

Thanks.
You should definitely move. Travel and living elsewhere broadens the horizons, leads to a greater understanding of others and allows you to redefine yourself and become the person you want to be without all the preconceptions of those that have 'known' you from an early age. Moving away from home was the best thing I did when I was younger.

As to where, that is entirely up to you. Research places online and see how they fit the things that you want to explore and do with yourself. There are no right or wrong answers. If you don't like a place then move on.

As a final point I would say that most of us live in fear of the unknown and a lot of people let the small, scared voice in their heads stop them from doing things. Don't let the negative thought dissuade you. It is far better to regret something you have done than something you haven't. then you know for certain.
FlashHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 11:57 AM   #20
Dinglesberry
YOOOOoooo
FFR Veteran

I would argue you shouldn't so early, for a few reasons:

-> Your living situation sounds terrible, and you are hyper analyzed by your parents etc - fact of the matter is you probably have free rent, get fed etc. I don't know your situation so I am definitely making assumptions, but it's probably not as bad as you think, I'd hope.

-> You probably don't have much money. Hell man, like no offence but lets say you move away to study, whos the people paying your rent for that? Bills, living expenses, cell phone bill, internet bill?

I mean go for it, for all I know you've been working your entire high school career and have bank saved up, but if you ask me, I'd say try to leech living at home as much as possible.. I'm 20, turning 21, going to school and working and as much as I want to move out, I know it wouldn't be worth it because I'd be stressing about cash hardcore.

I'd say choof has the right idea, its more or less what I am doing now. You really don't realise how garbage the real world is until you have to pay for stuff, trust

EDIT: yeah if you are in Kuwait thats way different, it's also really unfortunate because international students pay way more for university

Good luck bro, I believe in you. Doing well and trying to get to Uni in the UK isn't a bad idea.

Last edited by Dinglesberry; 08-25-2016 at 11:59 AM..
Dinglesberry is offline   Reply With Quote