Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Introductions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2008, 04:18 PM   #1
Oubliette
FFR Player

Smile Hello Everybody

Hi, I have never joined a StepMania community before but I am very familiar with the game itself since I have played it for almost two years so I'm not that much of a noob when it comes to the game and the history and etc. I just wanted to drop by to say hi to everyone here, this site looks great. Looking forward to any special events. By the way I really like the FFR games you guys have on this site its cool that you could play games and go on the forums and do tons of other stuff here.
Oubliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 04:32 PM   #2
darkshark
Nothing.
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to darkshark Send a message via MSN to darkshark Send a message via Yahoo to darkshark
Default Re: Hello Everybody

Welcome, be sure not to make kids cry when you beat them in multiplayer!
darkshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 05:15 PM   #3
lxDestinyxl
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to lxDestinyxl

Have fun with the game and browse through the forums, you might find some interesting things here and there once in a while. Also, you should familiarise yourself with any forum, if you haven't been part of one actively in the past. It consists of rules you have to follow.

Hope you have fun!
Old 12-30-2008, 05:25 PM   #4
Oubliette
FFR Player

Smile Re: Hello Everybody

Quote:
Originally Posted by lxDestinyxl View Post
Have fun with the game and browse through the forums, you might find some interesting things here and there once in a while. Also, you should familiarise yourself with any forum, if you haven't been part of one actively in the past. It consists of rules you have to follow.

Hope you have fun!
Thank you for the reply, yea I understand how to use the forums, you won't be seeing me bumping a two year old thread lol.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:54 PM   #5
EAGAMES
Y0FACE!
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Welcome to FFR!

Many of your gameplay needs can be found in a drop down menu where there's a variety of statistics you can view.

One game stat is Overall Rank. Overall Rank is an indicator of how much you've played. It's ran through everyone's GTS (Grand Total Score). The more points you have, the lower your Overall Rank is. Your GTS can be viewed from the link above, your Gamer Card in you profile, or at the top, right-handed corner of the website.

A low Average Rank is quite different than Overall Rank because it's an excellent indication of your skill level. Average Rank consists of finding the average for every rank you possess in every song, excluding Tokens/Skill Tokens. To view your rank for each level, review your level ranks. If you scroll to the bottom of that page, you'll notice helpful statistics like the following...

Another excellent skill level indication is the Tier Points system. There are five tier ranks; T4 (Pro), T3 (Expert), T2 (Master), T1 (Guru), T0 (God). To be in one of them, you must have a certain amount of tier points. To possess tier points, you must achieve certain scores. Additional information could be found in this thread.

A frecuently asked question is, "how many credits is needed to unlock the complete collection of secret songs in the Secret genre?" The information is contained in this thread. That thread, also, has specific information regarding each song level (difficulty, time length, BPM, total notes, top 10 longest/shortest songs, etc...). It's very useful in all aspects of the game.

Another question sometimes asked is about Tokens/Skill Tokens. Tokens are small, golden tokens with the FFR logo on it that are dispersed throughout the site. It's a game of hide-and-seek. Do not ask where they're located on this site. Once found, they're located in the Token Genre.

Skill Tokens are different, for you must accomplish certain requirements in order to unlock new song levels. The requierments are bolded below the song title. Once you meet the requirement, a white window will appear and the song will be found in the Skill Token Genre.

Yet, another token is the Achievement Tokens. It's very similar to the above two tokens, for it's located in the Token Genre, yet it's obtained much like a Skill Token.

The last type of token is the Support Token. To obtain it, you must download a featured artist's album and you'll be rewarded with a token related to such artist. Check the FFR Store drop down menu, under Album Download for more details. Make sure to refresh the FFR Game once obtained any token.

Regarding your profile, simply click the "Show all editor" in the top, right-handed corner of your profile, which will bring many tabs that you can click to drop down. There, you can upload a banner/background, edit the background color of each section of your profile, implement borders, modify their colors, and much more!

A frequently asked question is, "how do you add other members as your friend?" Simply click the "Friend Request" link located in a profile's gamer card.

I hope this was somewhat helpful. Any questions you may have can be directed to any member. Once again, welcome to FFR and the forums. Be nice, courteous, but most importantly have fun!
Round 2: 4 Chord Touhou (AAA)
Round 3: October (1.0.0.1)
Round 4: Silly Symphony (1.0.0.0)
Round 5: Hardkore Atomic (4.0.0.1)
Round 6: Blue Rose (2.0.0.0)
Round 7: La Dump (Eliminated for being lazy.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdude1212 View Post
EA will wander into his house with twenty minutes remaining in the round, load up FFR, realize he needs to ****, go to do so, discover he's hungry, whip up a gourmet meal, return to FFR with five minutes to go, play la camp once, and missflag on the 2154th arrow because scythe of 13 is watching him
EAGAMES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 07:10 PM   #6
Oubliette
FFR Player

Thumbs up Re: Hello Everybody

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAGAMES View Post
Welcome to FFR!

Many of your gameplay needs can be found in a drop down menu where there's a variety of statistics you can view.

One game stat is Overall Rank. Overall Rank is an indicator of how much you've played. It's ran through everyone's GTS (Grand Total Score). The more points you have, the lower your Overall Rank is. Your GTS can be viewed from the link above, your Gamer Card in you profile, or at the top, right-handed corner of the website.

A low Average Rank is quite different than Overall Rank because it's an excellent indication of your skill level. Average Rank consists of finding the average for every rank you possess in every song, excluding Tokens/Skill Tokens. To view your rank for each level, review your level ranks. If you scroll to the bottom of that page, you'll notice helpful statistics like the following...

Another excellent skill level indication is the Tier Points system. There are five tier ranks; T4 (Pro), T3 (Expert), T2 (Master), T1 (Guru), T0 (God). To be in one of them, you must have a certain amount of tier points. To possess tier points, you must achieve certain scores. Additional information could be found in this thread.

A frecuently asked question is, "how many credits is needed to unlock the complete collection of secret songs in the Secret genre?" The information is contained in this thread. That thread, also, has specific information regarding each song level (difficulty, time length, BPM, total notes, top 10 longest/shortest songs, etc...). It's very useful in all aspects of the game.

Another question sometimes asked is about Tokens/Skill Tokens. Tokens are small, golden tokens with the FFR logo on it that are dispersed throughout the site. It's a game of hide-and-seek. Do not ask where they're located on this site. Once found, they're located in the Token Genre.

Skill Tokens are different, for you must accomplish certain requirements in order to unlock new song levels. The requierments are bolded below the song title. Once you meet the requirement, a white window will appear and the song will be found in the Skill Token Genre.

Yet, another token is the Achievement Tokens. It's very similar to the above two tokens, for it's located in the Token Genre, yet it's obtained much like a Skill Token.

The last type of token is the Support Token. To obtain it, you must download a featured artist's album and you'll be rewarded with a token related to such artist. Check the FFR Store drop down menu, under Album Download for more details. Make sure to refresh the FFR Game once obtained any token.

Regarding your profile, simply click the "Show all editor" in the top, right-handed corner of your profile, which will bring many tabs that you can click to drop down. There, you can upload a banner/background, edit the background color of each section of your profile, implement borders, modify their colors, and much more!

A frequently asked question is, "how do you add other members as your friend?" Simply click the "Friend Request" link located in a profile's gamer card.

I hope this was somewhat helpful. Any questions you may have can be directed to any member. Once again, welcome to FFR and the forums. Be nice, courteous, but most importantly have fun!
Thank you EAGAMES for that whole post, I really appreciate you for getting that all down, I have played a few songs already and have been wondering what the Average Rank and Overall Rank meant, thank you for clearing that up. I also somehow managed to get a few skill tokens already, I didn't know about it but I think its a great addition to the game. I really gotta make my profile page look cooler so I'm gonna go and work on it now, thank you once again.
Old 12-30-2008, 07:12 PM   #7
MooMoo_Cowfreak
Abraxas Hydroplane
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to MooMoo_Cowfreak

What the hell EA that was gigantic. Is that a template or what?

Anyway welcome.

post-dumps abstractly represent the existential nihilism that the song invokes in the listener with negative space, evoking the ephemeral nature of the mind - the journey of stepmania begins in hope yet soon becomes corroded into a dialectic of futility, leaving only a sense of dread and the unlikelihood of a new synthesis
MooMoo_Cowfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 07:15 PM   #8
Zybanthia
FFR Player
FFR Simfile Author

Welcome aboard. Like you, I had Stepmania experience prior to coming here, but you've been playing for almost twice as long. I'm sure you fit right in with the higher difficulty levels.
Zybanthia is offline   Reply With Quote