Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2014, 04:41 PM   #161
Pseudo Enigma
ごめんなさい (/ω\)
FFR Veteran

Default Re: What do you think is wrong with you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookymagician View Post
Relating to the snapping fingers bit, I was thinking about this last night. I found this very puzzling/confusing.

I am primarily a right handed person. However, I cannot snap my fingers with my right hand. Only my left hand... I find this very odd. (I may be going a bit off topic but this does intrigue me.) How about you all?

~ SpoOkyMagician
I can snap with the ring and middle on each hand I don't think there's anything wrong with me, unless being dextrous is a bad thing.

edit: if you realize that the sound of the snap is just your finger smacking the base of your palm/thumb, it becomes easier to snap with any finger you choose...I can make mild sounds with almost any finger but the middle on each are definitely the loudest lol

Last edited by Pseudo Enigma; 01-11-2014 at 04:46 PM.. Reason: edits lel
Pseudo Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 05:41 PM   #162
JohnRedWolf87
Backlogger of Hobbies
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonIIDX View Post
I guess my avatar is pretty much me in a nutshell now that I see this lol.
Have you ever considered forming an army and kidnapping plumbers' girlfriends?

xBBx Takedown's First Tournament - 2nd Place (Beginner)
ZC_Wolfy's Birthday Tournament - 3rd Place (Novice)
Dragons_Fury One Division Higher Tourney - 2nd Place (Novice)
Samurai7694's Ultimate Enduring Fabulous Tournament - 3rd Place (D1)
Dark_Chrysalis' 1st FFR Bowl - 2nd Place (D1), 13th place overall
Panic4Me and MrMagic's Thanksgiving Tournament - 2nd Place (D1)
JohnRedWolf87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:19 PM   #163
lurker
ur worst nitemare
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

i'm naive and i'm not hard enough on myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Layne. View Post
I love calling people out and reminding them of their mistakes over and over
you don't say
Old 01-12-2014, 12:30 AM   #164
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

This would be quite the long list, I don't think I'd be able to hit all of it.

To generalize a lot of it:

I'm awful with people to the point where my entire personality is pretty shaped at keeping people who don't have a massive amount of tolerance away. (I can only guess here, but this is what I've gathered based on what I've been told.) I offended people with little to no reasoning and usually I don't even feel bad about it. I'm also a massive hypocrite and am fucking garbage at phrasing things. I lack an attention span for long periods and my vocabulary is mediocre at best. I fail to understand why people accept a lot of norms as they are, especially things such as why we keep children sheltered from things such as bad language.

And a hell of a lot more I more than likely missed.
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 03:27 AM   #165
Godnick

I present myself horribly. Feel like I'll never feel the same way being left handed. Think about what everyone else is thinking about my opinion to such a high degree it discourages me to respond to things. Read things and feel like I could respond appropriately but then feel like my opinion would be too subject to criticism.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:16 PM   #166
GoldknightX
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

-I live on a University campus and even when it's not during the semester I find myself being narcissistic and disproving of everyone I see.
-I eavesdrop all the time and feel like I'd make a great potential stalker.
-I overemphasize and procrastinate about anything and everything
-I obsess about things that don't matter and no one else would ever even notice
-I am incredibly OCD at FFR and will quit the song every time the moment I hit 1 miss or even 1 too many goods than I wanted to the point that I rarely reach the end of songs anymore (and my enjoyment level plummets dramatically).
-Pretty much same common issues as most people: shy and anti-social, don't feel optimistic about the future, been single all my life, I am ashamed of everything I do despite all reassurances and feel like I'm only being told to relax because it's meant to make me conform to society.
-Find myself questioning why bad things or doing things incorrectly doesn't receive the same amount of praise as positives and moving forward, and believing that you can have an equal amount of hatred and likeness and still do decently well (too much emphasis on success).
-Feeling hatred towards hierarchical nature of human beings and feeling incredibly unrelatable on so many levels. My views make me into an outcast.
-I type too fast and drop or add unnecessary words or letters all the time (ex: I my food, what times is it)
-I share no common interests with my fellow man, usually
-I forget important things right away if I'm holding too many items at once (I once lost the same $200 textbook 12 times in the same semester)
-General lack of emotion or things to say, too passive about important tasks
GoldknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:05 AM   #167
AlexDest
good hot
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Haven't really had a chance to post in here.

I'm self-loathing. I will occasionally tell myself that I'm worthless, that I can't do anything right, et cetera. This will occur when I am:

- a few days into a new hobby,
- dwelling on past mistakes,
- or trying to participate in a conversation.

There's definitely more to list but those are the three that I can think of right now.
Sometimes it'll get to the point where I'll become a secluded, depressive slump for a few days.

I'm socially anxious. With a group of people I'm actually okay at holding a conversation, but if it's just with one person, I wouldn't know what to talk about.

I set goals that are too high for myself. Now, setting goals for yourself is a good thing, but I always bite off more than I can chew; I try to do more than what I am able to do. It really becomes discouraging from attempting those goals again because it makes me believe I'm going to make the same mistake again.

I sometimes don't think before I speak. I'll get too hasty and say something that blows a situation out of proportion. Mostly it'll be deriding people for trivial reasons.
Old 01-21-2014, 08:07 AM   #168
Crazyjayde
FFR Veteran
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I am too generic of a guy.

Eh, I guess I should get myself checked.
Crazyjayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:15 AM   #169
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

-Unable to convey minor emotions (if I'm a little happy or a little sad, etc I'm stone faced. It takes something major to get a reaction out of me, and I'm also not very conversational because of this).
-I'm gay in Nebraska. Every corner I turn I hear people talking about homosexuals like the scum of the Earth.
-I'm going to school for Computer Science but I'm not very good at programming, so RIP life.
-I'm about 30 lbs. overweight.
-I'm about the hugest procrastinator in the universe to the point of sometimes not even doing something I was supposed to.
-I've always had an irrational fear of talking on the telephone... and that's my job.

rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:34 AM   #170
noname219
FFR Wiki Admin
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to noname219

-I stuttered for a good part of my childhood. It's mostly resolve as of now.
-I have heavy mood swings, I may be bipolar.
-I'm don't think I'm antisocial, but I prefer doing things on my own and I enjoy solitude.
-It's extremely hard for me to trust others.
-I lied to my family for nearly 3 months about me dropping of my university program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazyjayde View Post
I am too generic of a guy.
I can attest that you are definitely not generic.
noname219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:15 PM   #171
.Layne.
~~
FFR Veteran

i have yessitis

yes

.Layne. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:20 PM   #172
Pseudo Enigma
ごめんなさい (/ω\)
FFR Veteran

I'm too hard on myself. I let people get to me too easily. I'm not very nice, and I'm not very easy to like sometimes. A lot of the things I have going for me get neutralized by my attitude and my anger.

I'm not just gonna list this off. I'm gonna work on this.
Pseudo Enigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 02:27 PM   #173
Snowcrafta
V's beta-male entourage

Send a message via AIM to Snowcrafta

I'm literally hibernating for the next 5 months, saving money as much as possible before I move. Which pretty much translates to staying home day in and day out, and actively avoiding social occasions when possible. I haven't been out for nearly a month. I want to go out, but anytime I do it's usually -$200 each time
Old 01-21-2014, 03:09 PM   #174
Spenner
Forum User
Retired Staff

Send a message via MSN to Spenner Send a message via Skype™ to Spenner

To reiterate issues surrounding sleep... a BIG problem for me is being physically drained, my body wants to quit, but my mind is still firing away, despite rigorous lengths to calm thoughts and idea generation. It might have something to do with being a creative individual, even the bleak void of a mind has creative potential (I picture the blankness of my mind as a black hole, which is pictured in a conceptually void universe etc etc just weird abstract before-sleep idea shit).

But what's bad about being trapped in a tired body is that it's also really unstable. Last night I decided to go to bed like 5 times, and every time I tried I would get a huge burst of mental energy and laying in bed wouldn't last more than 10 minutes. When awake, I would feel really awake, but would be in and out of mood swings like a finger moves up and down when you type. It's really frustrating, like having two VERY strong people tugging from two sides of your brain.

Once I am trying to sleep, I never feel asleep. Dreams can be totally coherent, or I can just have a dream playing out that isn't in focus, my thoughts are simultaneous, alongside the dream (not ones I'm really directing or anything-- all my thoughts while trying to sleep seem more automatic).

Every time I wake up, it feels like "Ugh shit I am tired of being unable to sleep, guess I should just get up" and physically I also feel appropriately tired, yet I'll remember some elaborate dream I had in the background which tells me I did in fact sleep.

So now I don't know sometimes; I KNOW I've had nights where from sundown to sunrise there's no luck with getting sleep, but sometimes I THINK I haven't slept when really I have. But I mean it's really convincing. Most of the time I actually have not slept, and I'll know it.

Also if I'm staring at a pattern for more than 15 seconds, when I look away from it, that pattern distorts things around me to conform to the shape. That might be a result of very tired eyes or post-psychedelic use phenomena, no idea. It's kind of cool but questioning sanity is a typical side effect.

Spenner is offline   Reply With Quote