Old 08-31-2020, 05:02 PM   #81
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Social Media Drama

Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
the precedent that leafy's ban sets is hardly a problem lol. I'm far more interested in censorship by way of abusing the system, the fact that literally anyone can get a channel in hot water simply by submitting a false copyright claim is far more fucked up than youtube killing someone's channel because their content revolves around being an insufferable asshole to other random youtube channels.

this is such a telling statement

well yes
1. It is a problem. You fought in the army, and don't hold that free speech is important? What a fucking waste.
2. We are close to the point where that route of censorship will be less efficient, if you're a woman, namely on Twitch, it already is.
3. Being an ass hole isn't a crime. Stop making it come off like he deserves to lose a chance at income because he's a jerk. YOU wouldn't last in a job climate like that, and I wouldn't be that far ahead of you in that regard. If this was about him saying the "n-word" you'd actually have an argument. One I don't agree with, but there's at least a discussion there. But that isn't what it's about, you daft fuck.
4. It's not, my stance on that is probably pretty known. Considering I literally less than two months ago stormed into a thread, belatedly, to take what I said was a "petty victory lap."
5. Then actually shut up and walk away before you actually make yourself look worse.

Mellon, it's bad if you think de-platforming is ok, and it's a bit telling. But I am not per-say shocked. I disagree with you, but at least you'll sort of admit it.
Old 08-31-2020, 05:18 PM   #82
theropfather
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNya View Post
1. It is a problem. You fought in the army, and don't hold that free speech is important? What a fucking waste.
2. We are close to the point where that route of censorship will be less efficient, if you're a woman, namely on Twitch, it already is.
3. Being an ass hole isn't a crime. Stop making it come off like he deserves to lose a chance at income because he's a jerk. YOU wouldn't last in a job climate like that, and I wouldn't be that far ahead of you in that regard. If this was about him saying the "n-word" you'd actually have an argument. One I don't agree with, but there's at least a discussion there. But that isn't what it's about, you daft fuck.
4. It's not, my stance on that is probably pretty known. Considering I literally less than two months ago stormed into a thread, belatedly, to take what I said was a "petty victory lap."
5. Then actually shut up and walk away before you actually make yourself look worse.

Mellon, it's bad if you think de-platforming is ok, and it's a bit telling. But I am not per-say shocked. I disagree with you, but at least you'll sort of admit it.
Did you know that you're retarded? Just checking.
Old 08-31-2020, 05:18 PM   #83
Coolboyrulez0
VICES
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

ChudNya
Old 08-31-2020, 05:23 PM   #84
Netjet!
Sic itur ad astra
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Netjet! Send a message via Skype™ to Netjet!

What the fuck did I just read
Old 08-31-2020, 05:26 PM   #85
.Gazelle.
Mr. Skeltal
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

you do realize that youtube is not public property of the united states of america? you click agree to their terms of service when you click sign up and you are subject to their rules on their platform

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeKrispyKreme View Post
Rap music is music. However, It's not in the traditional sense of how we understand music. The vocals are filled with slangs that gangs used since the 70s and a lot of the instrumentations are replaced with "Street Sounds" instead of traditional instruments. Music is defined as any combination of sounds that is pleasing to the ear, so while one person may find it as "noise" another person can find it pleasing to the ear and so call "vibe" with it as how I think the kids would say it these days.
Old 08-31-2020, 05:33 PM   #86
.Gazelle.
Mr. Skeltal
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

leafy's entire career was based around targeted mean spirited harassment of people, often people who were very obviously mentally unsound. he's been violating TOS for years it just finally caught up to him

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeKrispyKreme View Post
Rap music is music. However, It's not in the traditional sense of how we understand music. The vocals are filled with slangs that gangs used since the 70s and a lot of the instrumentations are replaced with "Street Sounds" instead of traditional instruments. Music is defined as any combination of sounds that is pleasing to the ear, so while one person may find it as "noise" another person can find it pleasing to the ear and so call "vibe" with it as how I think the kids would say it these days.
Old 08-31-2020, 05:44 PM   #87
mellonxcollie
Sectional Moderator
TGB Queen
Sectional Moderator

Send a message via AIM to mellonxcollie Send a message via MSN to mellonxcollie Send a message via Skype™ to mellonxcollie

Quote:
I'll sort of admit it...? you can say a lot of things about me but I stand by my convictions dude lol. I believe free speech is a right that people deserve to exercise in public, but that private places/websites should have control over their private property. If someone is doing something you don't like in your own house you don't really need a reason to kick them out, youtube doesn't need a reason either since they own the platform.

And I watch gossip and commentary channels, I don't have a problem with people criticizing other people or being involved in youtube drama. I think it's fine but if youtube wants to kick him off, I really don't care since it's their site

the dude isn't banned from the entire internet. He's been banned from one site, a site that is already notorious for deleting content for bullshit reasons while leaving very problematic stuff out in the open. You are probably right in that this one guy was singled out while other channels get away with doing the exact same thing. But this is just the way youtube is and it always has been

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
people like you are how trump gets elected
Old 08-31-2020, 07:51 PM   #88
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran

why all y'all gotta be like this though

Quote:
Originally Posted by theropfather View Post
please no

Quote:
If this was about him saying the "n-word" you'd actually have an argument. One I don't agree with, but there's at least a discussion there. But that isn't what it's about, you daft fuck.
also please no
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
GET DUNKED FUNNY
(eaman is her name irl, friend)

Old 08-31-2020, 07:54 PM   #89
Funnygurl555
T-Force's Rival
FFR Veteran

you really, really, REALLY, don't gotta resort to ad hominem when arguing with someone you disagree with. cut it out.
Can you like not use those stupid names right now? Took me long enough to get these screen names straight in my head
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
GET DUNKED FUNNY
(eaman is her name irl, friend)

Old 08-31-2020, 08:19 PM   #90
gold stinger
Signature Extraordinare~~
Song Submission & Events Manager
Game ManagerEvent StaffSimfile JudgeFFR Wiki StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to gold stinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Gazelle. View Post
leafy's entire career was based around targeted mean spirited harassment of people, often people who were very obviously mentally unsound. he's been violating TOS for years it just finally caught up to him
Personally on the topic of Leafy, I think he's treading a grey area. He's not necessarily harassing people or targeting people whom are mentally unsound. (A lot of the massive, noteworthy instances involving him, are.) But, a lot of the content that he made trafficked negative responses from fans onto those peoples' platforms, channel, or comment sections. He also doesn't necessarily take responsibility for situations that fall into this grey area either, other than the small few times where it garnished noteworthy attention. So on one end, it's not his fault because he has nothing to do with how or what his fans do, and on the other end, people hold him to a higher standard than others because his words can move massive amounts of negativity onto someone else.

Keemstar more or less falls into this weird grey area for me as well.

- Tosh 2014

Last edited by gold stinger; 08-31-2020 at 08:20 PM..
Old 08-31-2020, 08:25 PM   #91
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellonxcollie View Post
I'll sort of admit it...? you can say a lot of things about me but I stand by my convictions dude lol. I believe free speech is a right that people deserve to exercise in public, but that private places/websites should have control over their private property. If someone is doing something you don't like in your own house you don't really need a reason to kick them out, youtube doesn't need a reason either since they own the platform.
The bolded part is why I worded it how I did. I didn't want to fully say you're aligned there, because you just said yourself you aren't. But you lean in that direction as far as I understand.

I was really trying to not put words in your mouth, I hope that comes across.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Gazelle. View Post
you do realize that youtube is not public property of the united states of america? you click agree to their terms of service when you click sign up and you are subject to their rules on their platform
Youtube's CEO tries to proclaim the platform is for free speech. You can argue with me about specifics, they are trying to have it both ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theropfather View Post
I'm not. I've got a mental issue, but it isn't like that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolboyrulez0 View Post
ChudNya
hahahahaha

no

Last edited by XelNya; 08-31-2020 at 08:26 PM.. Reason: not sure mental disorder is the right phrase
Old 08-31-2020, 09:12 PM   #92
choof
Banned
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
I'm not even going to get into my time spent in the army, so all I'll say is that I "fought" to uphold the constitution for the United States of America, not Youtube. quite literally the first thing out of my mouth when I recited the oath of enlistment.
and even if the American idea of free speech applied to Youtube, freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequences. hate speech is a prime example of this. it's your constitutional right to spout off some dumb shit but it'll likely result in you getting your ass kicked.

Quote:
this seems non sequitur, what are you even talking about?

Quote:
3. Being an ass hole isn't a crime. Stop making it come off like he deserves to lose a chance at income because he's a jerk.
this isn't an issue of someone saying something rude online and then having their employer called, this is someone making a living off weaponizing their fans and sending droves of hate towards easy targets. he isn't simply "being an asshole."

Quote:
YOU wouldn't last in a job climate like that, and I wouldn't be that far ahead of you in that regard.
I have no idea what you're trying to say here

Quote:
If this was about him saying the "n-word" you'd actually have an argument. One I don't agree with, but there's at least a discussion there. But that isn't what it's about, you daft fuck.
I'm hoping your argument for the use of the n-word is primarily an academic one, because unless you're reading something like the adventures of tom sawyer aloud in a classroom, there's really no reason for anyone to use it.
I doubt you know or care about the idea of reclamation so I'm not going to get into it.

Quote:
not sure what you're referring to

Quote:
I've made myself look like shit in other situations but this is not one of them. take a step back and look at the responses to what you've posted in this thread. you are the one making yourself look worse lol, you're defending a dude who makes a living off bullying small youtubers. did you not read anything I posted about him bullying an autistic kid to the point of tears and wanting to kill himself, or are you purposefully ignoring that? also your point about the n-word will be read into by basically everyone as "man I wish I could use the n-word without getting my shit kicked in" so merely by virtue of that, You Look Like Shit.

Last edited by choof; 08-31-2020 at 09:13 PM..
Old 08-31-2020, 09:24 PM   #93
Walrusizer
D7 Elite Keymasher
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Walrusizer

Quote:
3. Being an ass hole isn't a crime. Stop making it come off like he deserves to lose a chance at income because he's a jerk.
Basically everything that you've said is profoundly stupid, but this is on another level. Next time I go to work I'll start making fun of the other employees and whine about free speech when I get fired. You are truly brilliant!