Old 02-2-2018, 01:07 PM   #61
the sun fan
FFR Player

Default Re: Survivor (TV show)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Unless the pay to view ones also have that problem?

lmao if so, nice recording.
I have cbs's pay thingy, its... alright
the commercials cycle through about 5 of them and some of them are impossible to mute, but the actual sound/video quality gets no complaints from me

a couple thumbnails have spoilers and a few commercials are at dumb times, and recap episodes ought not exist, but its pretty ok

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
the sun fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-2-2018, 06:10 PM   #62
Celirra
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Celirra

Season 1, Episode 11: Long Hard Days

Wow, Sean is starting to strategize! He’s gonna put his thinker cap on and really try to get to the bottom of all this eh!

It’s too bad Colleen gave up on trying to win by this point it appears, describing it as not fun and the like. She’s still a cutie though, and it’s so nice she’s still having fun with her conversing with Richard and generally being light-hearted. She’s a good person, fun and generally happy. I think as a person, I like her more than anyone else on this season, even if she bugs me sometimes. I’d even say I like her more than Tina of S2.

Everyone is so nice and happy, despite losing and such! It’s so refreshing! And see, the strategy master himself, Sean, wins the trivia contest! He’s truly a legend. Easily the smartest person on the island, and the biggest strategic threat.

Sean with the hot strategic move to choose Richard last minute instead of Kelly as he promised! What a smart smart man, he really wanted to guarantee Richard’s alliance, plus R is later in the alphabet than K is, so it makes sense!
Such a smart, smart man.

If nothing else, Sean is a great guy. Salt of the earth, I don’t think he has a malicious bone in his body.

I think Colleen gave Sean too much credit for choosing Richard. I doubt Sean was thinking with ulterior motives in mind, it’s more likely he just chose Richard because of how he was (allegedly) feeling down and beaten the past few days, and with how close he was to winning the reward himself, and how much he claimed to have wanted it.

I love how Sean’s dad is as clueless about anything going on as Sean is. He seems to really mean well just like Sean, but simultaneously doesn’t really know shit, but also takes it in stride. Such a sweet dunderheaded family.

Standing and endurance challenges in general are always my favourite challenges. They’re long and boring for the contestants, and sure they aren’t terribly exciting, but they’re just so… interesting.

It’s sad to hear Kelly likely would’ve gone home if she didn’t win immunity, in favour of Colleen. I really would’ve rather Colleen won, I’d have loved for her to stick around further. Especially in favour of Kelly, or frankly even Sean.

The Dr. Scholl’s plug with the insoles was funny, because it was so irrelevant but Jeff sounded like he wanted it to be a promo. Nice try, I guess.

It’s sad that Kelly’s deteriorated to be very… uncaring. She’s gone from someone with a conscious, and I did give her flak for that… But now she has essentially the opposite of a conscious, as if she’s out to get everyone else and attack them. I prefer the moral warrior to the vindictive jerk, personally. It’s especially sad for Sue, given how personally she’s taking it (surprisingly).

“I can’t vote for myself, so I gotta vote for Sean” Colleen (sorry, COOLeen) is 10/10 cute, I’ve said it before and I’ll say it always.

At risk of sounding like a broken record, I’m sad Colleen is gone, with her goes the end of the jovialness. Bummer she was never brought back, but at least she got licked by Rob Schneider later in life, so that’s something I guess.
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ
Celirra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 07:26 PM   #63
Celirra
FFR Player

Hey friends

New season airing now
Watch with us
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ
Old 04-2-2018, 11:41 AM   #64
star-crossed
FFR Player

I still need to watch the most recent episode.

I was worried about Ghost Island being very swingy (I did not even make it all the way through the premerge of Game Changers for this reason...) but it seems fine so far. Other than that, it gives a lot of confessional time to just the one person, and I think that is part of why I know fewer names than usual of people playing (particularly women).

Donathan being portrayed so positively is annoying to me, as is Jeff's challenge commentary in general. His comments about how people are doing don't seem to quite match what is being shown on screen some of the time, and as such it seems like he's exaggerating stuff within challenges just to cause drama. That or it is not edited well visually, I do not know. And even if I should be used to Probst having a hard-on for "alpha males" by now I was still rolling my eyes at his comments about Chris at a recent reward challenge.
star-crossed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-2-2018, 12:33 PM   #65
star-crossed
FFR Player

Caught up now. I think I may know everyone's name now actually.

Rooting for
Wendell, Laurel & Michael
star-crossed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-2-2018, 01:05 PM   #66
Celirra
FFR Player

spoilers to current episode (episode 6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
I still need to watch the most recent episode.

I was worried about Ghost Island being very swingy (I did not even make it all the way through the premerge of Game Changers for this reason...) but it seems fine so far. Other than that, it gives a lot of confessional time to just the one person, and I think that is part of why I know fewer names than usual of people playing (particularly women).
Ghost island has largely been a non-factor, but in some ways I don't like how it's being used as an outlet for characters to come off as extremely positive, and takes up a ton of screentime doing so. Hearing their own version of "My life is tough, and here's why and how it relates to ghost island" waters down the positive moments in my mind, and it makes analyzing edgic more difficult, as well as cutting into screentime for the rest of the screentime-starved cast.

You're also definitely right, I struggle to remember a lot more of the cast than usual this season, women in particular... A lot of people I've ruled out of winning solely because we're 6 episodes in now and I still don't know their names, nor can I see *anything* they've done at all.

Quote:
Donathan being portrayed so positively is annoying to me, as is Jeff's challenge commentary in general. His comments about how people are doing don't seem to quite match what is being shown on screen some of the time, and as such it seems like he's exaggerating stuff within challenges just to cause drama. That or it is not edited well visually, I do not know. And even if I should be used to Probst having a hard-on for "alpha males" by now I was still rolling my eyes at his comments about Chris at a recent reward challenge.
I like Donathan enough, but his positive edit and other general storyline traits makes it really hard to see him winning for me. He's getting a bit of a fan favourite edit, with little complexity, making me think he'll be around late but not late enough to win. I don't think he's particularly causing drama though, unless you're referring to that one moment in the diving challenge, which could probably just be chalked up to the edit making a spectacle of it.

I like Chris, surprisingly. He's definitely a survivor alpha male, but he's not like the typical alpha male, in that he's actually getting a fair bit of complexity and personality beyond just him being mr. amazing. I could see him doing decently this season; I know Sunfan and Roundbox would disagree, but he's one of the stronger male winner candidates right now, especially considering his feud with Domenick being so prevalent yet also pushed back endlessly, and it being portrayed that Chris'll come out on top.

Quote:

Rooting for
Wendell has the best shot of winning out of the 3 I think. I was on board with the Laurel theories that Sunfan suggested for a while, but I think even he's starting to back off a bit.

I think I'm gonna stay with my original winner pick of Kellyn, at least out of the females she's the most prevalent and has the most... winner-y arc going for her right now. The last episode made me doubt it a bit, but I've thought it over and I don't see anything particularly incriminating, and the screentime and prevalence with the episode's story that she had despite her not being the swing nor the target helps her case for winning.

Overall, I hope more is fleshed out in the episodes to come... A lot of the overall story that the season should have by now hasn't been revealed, other than the Chris & Domenick rivalry.
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ
Old 04-2-2018, 01:23 PM   #67
the sun fan
FFR Player

Quote:

Rooting for
those contestants are all that remains of my pre-season guesses for winners, which is now in tatters

Last edited by the sun fan; 04-2-2018 at 01:23 PM..
Old 04-2-2018, 01:50 PM   #68
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

michael is extremely hot and that's all that matters
rushy out

Last edited by rushyrulz; 04-2-2018 at 01:50 PM..
rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-2-2018, 02:04 PM   #69
the sun fan
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by rushyrulz View Post
michael is extremely hot and that's all that matters
rushy out
agree

Old 04-10-2018, 06:42 PM   #70
inDheart
Picker @ JAX2
FFR Simfile Author

i randomly watched an episode of this season and was extremely eh about it

might have actually been the newest one

i like the editing but shows like this are frustrating to watch for some reason
inDheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 11:34 PM   #71
the sun fan
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by inDheart View Post
i randomly watched an episode of this season and was extremely eh about it

might have actually been the newest one

i like the editing but shows like this are frustrating to watch for some reason
so far, this season has been mostly eh
the most recent episode wasn't anything special, but the person voted off means that the season is hopefully progressing past a boring stage of the game

a certain confrontation has been delayed a few times, and it looks like its boiling over next week

overall though, not really been a good watch so far

the premiere was amazing though

EDIT: So far Ghost Island itself (the physical location that players are sent to) has been a colossal disappointment and is really only a very small part of the game.

Last edited by the sun fan; 04-10-2018 at 11:34 PM..
Old 04-11-2018, 12:06 PM   #72
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

They tend to spoil who loses the immunity challenge by focusing on that tribe in the beginning segements of the show. But that's nothing new.

rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 05:31 PM   #73
Celirra
FFR Player

A few of us will be rewatching an old season (Cagayan) starting soon if anyone wants to follow along
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ