Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk

Old 01-8-2024, 08:17 PM   #1
T-Force
Your world ends with you
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default FFR Hall of Fame 2023 - Voting Thread

Welcome all!

This thread will be the hub for the voting for the FFR Hall of Fame 2023.

Thank you to everyone who sent in nominations over the last week. 22 nominations were accepted, and from there 13 users have moved on to the final process:
PLAYER:
- Elite Ninja
- NotSpiralingEnough
- samurai7694
- TristanJacob9
- xXOpkillerXx

CONTRIBUTOR:
- Deamerai
- Lights
- M0nkeyz
- Pizza69
- T-Force
- Wiosna
- XJ-9
- Zageron

Your ballot can be filled out here:
https://forms.gle/NfqMYkaZFN23wQcN8

Voting will run until 11:59 PM server time (9:59 PM for PST, 12:59 AM for EST) on January 14th, 2024.

Unlike prior years, we're changing things up. Going forward, we will have up to 5 inductees a year to the Hall of Fame, and those inductees will fall under one of two categories: Players and Contributors

You may vote for up to 5 users out of the 13 on the ballot.
In order to be accepted into the Hall, a user must achieve A VOTE ON AT LEAST 40% OF BALLOTS to be enshrined.
(to put it into perspective, Matthia and hi19hi19 both achieved over 60% last year).

Your username is a requirement on the ballot, but your nominations/votes will be anonymous to other users (unless you want to share your nominations). The only people who who will see are the FFR staff running this ballot.

This thread can also be used for discussion over who you may think is worthy, or thoughts in general.
Let's celebrate those who've helped make FFR a better place - both in terms of our community, and in terms of playing our game!

Last edited by T-Force; 01-14-2024 at 01:13 PM..
T-Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-8-2024, 08:17 PM   #2
T-Force
Your world ends with you

Default Re: FFR Hall of Fame 2023 - Voting Thread

Player:

Elite Ninja
A long time member of FFR since 2007 where he started off fresh, Elite Ninja has defined relentless determination in improving one's skill level. Boasting a ridiculously high AAA count of over 85% of the 3300+ files in game, he has inspired many players, new and old, to push themselves and aim to accomplish what they'd never expect.

Summary of Achievements:
- #145 Global Ranking
- #8 in most AAAs (2850)
- Best AAA by difficulty: Red Sheets, White Lies (96)

NotSpiralingEnough
Many of us have been witnessing NotSpiralingEnough's journey as he inches closer and closer towards D8. Representing the highest ranking for his country, he has made astounding progress in the relatively short amount of time he's been improving on FFR. From acquiring his first master AAA in March of 2022 to reaching level 100 a year and a half later, it's hard to say what his limit will be.

Summary of Achievements:
- #27 Global Ranking (Lv. 101.04)
- #1 Ranking in Russia
- Best AAA by difficulty: VIS::CRACKED v2 (104)

samurai7694
This may not be a name that's familiar to newer users, but samurai was one of the greatest players of his time during his periods of activity. A former judge, samurai has amassed quite the trophy case with 3 podiums finishes in the highest division of Official Tournaments, and several high-level plays and scores. The fact he's still rank 55 at this time - despite not being active since the mid 2010s - says a lot, and if he wanted to pick the game back up? His skill is still intact.

Summary of Achievements:
- Winner of D7 in the 8th Official Tournament (first ever D7 tournament)
- 2nd place in D6 in the 7th Official; 2nd place in D7 in the 10th Official
- Has AAA'd 97% of songs he's played at least once

TristanJacob9
Whether you know it or not, you've more than likely have witnessed an FFR first being accomplished by TristanJacob9. If there's a first AAA on a new brutal file, it probably has Tristan's name on it. D9 wasn't a thing until Tristan happened, and he's practically D8 by playing on 1.2x rate. He could very well be the first person to hit level 110 once FFR has harder files for him to destroy.

Summary of Achievements:
- #1 Global Ranking (Lv.109.62)
- First to reach D9
- Best AAA by difficulty: POWA OF DA WILDANES (113)

xXOpKillerXx
Better known nowadays as Oppie, he has been a constant in the FFR scene for well over a decade. Always around the top tier no matter what era he played in, Oppie continues to strive to be better and has the stats to show for it. Currently in the top 3 sitewide for AAAs, 3rd place by Average Rank, and a handful of high placements in tournaments, Oppie's proved his mettle over the years as he strives to make FFR better.

Summary of Achievements:
- 2nd place in D7 in the 12th Official Tournament
- 3rd place for AAAs (3158)
- 3rd place for Average Rank (2.02)

Contributor:

Deamerai
There are not many people on the site as well-rounded in terms of accolades than Deamerai. An accomplished player - culminating in winning D6 in the 12th Official Tournament - Deamerai is arguably better known for what he contributes TO the game. Originally brought on as a Multiplayer Moderator in 2018, he became a Global Moderator in 2022, and is currently the Head Moderator for FFR, as well as a prolific Simfile Artist with over 50 charts to his credit.

Summary of Achievements:
- 52 files in game (1 collab)
- Head Moderator (2023 - present)
- Simfile Judge (2023 - present)

Lights
Don't let her account age fool you, Lights is a more recent comer to FFR than most of the people on this list; but her impact on the site is a lasting one. Currently on the Events Staff, she's helped run Official Tournaments, as well as many of the side events that have been more and more frequent in the Discord, and the forums. Tournaments, Event Token giveaways, and other fun events all have Lights' fingerprints on them. The landscape of FFR today wouldn't be what it is now without Lights.

Summary of Achievements:
- Head Event Staff (2024-present)
- Part of the 16th Official Tournament as a stream host
- Ran Fiffermas 2023, and the Frozen Finger Rumble

M0nkeyz
Creating files for FFR since 2016, M0nkeyz is consistently praised for his exiciting stepping style and excellent song choices to go along with it. Counting accepted files in queue, he is one of the few simfile authors to reach the milestone of 100 files accepted for FFR. On top of his constant contributions to the stepping scene, M0nkeyz helps out on the FFR staff as both a simfile judge and a difficulty consultant.

Summary of Achievements:
- 95 files in game (8 collabs)
- FFR Simfile Judge from 2021 - present
- FFR Difficulty Consultant from 2022 - present

Pizza69
It would be easy to nominate Pizza69 into the Hall based off of his FFR stats and achievements, but it's the sheer amount of work Pizza has put in to help make FFR into what it is that's more worthy. The inagural Head of Difficulty Consultants, he stepped down from that role to focus on being one of the co-Heads of Simfile Judges. He is still a part of the Difficulty Consulting team, and has become one of the most prolific simfile artists in the last 5 years.

Summary of Achievements:
- Former Head of Difficulty Consultants (2022 - 2023)
- Co-Head of Simfile Judging (2022 - present)
- 50 files in game (6 collabs)

T-Force
If you ever need help with a problem or need a voice of reason, you can always go to T-Force. Assisting the FFR Staff and userbase for over 10 years, it's rare to find an individual as personable, kind, and trustworthy as him. T-Force has earned nothing but respect for what he has provided to our community, both as a staff member and friend to many of us. He may be retired now, but he still continues to provide for FFR in many ways, whether it's stepping files or being there to lend a helping hand.

Summary of Achievements:
- Sectional Forum Moderator (2013 - 2020)
- Global Moderator (2020 - 2023)
- 9 files in game (1 collab)

Wiosna
A proficient stepfile artist with dozens of files in all difficulty ranges across packs and solo releases, Wiosna is well regarded in the stepping community for her in-depth analysis on various stepping procedures and alternative approaches to pre-existing stepfiles. Her efforts and unique approach to dump files has even resulted in them being accepted on FFR.

Summary of Achievements:
- 24 files in game
- Simfile Judge (2020 - 2021 with consultation in the present)
- Various pack releases

XJ-9
Whether you know him now as XJ-9, or way back when as HammyMcSquirrel, XJ's legacy on FFR is a lasting one. Originally brought onto staff in 2010, he ascended to Global Moderator status within a year. After resigning his post, he went on a hiatus before returning almost 7 years later under the XJ-9 alias. Proving that age is but a number, his FFR skill ascended well beyond what it was prior (and he was a top FFR player back then), but even moreso; the respect he gave to everyone, both then and now, is the defining trait of his character.

- Former Moderator (local 2010-2011; Global 2011 - 2012)
- Community Manager (2022 - present)
- Voted Friendliest Poster (2010)

Zageron
While only appearing now and then, Zageron was a key component in the life of FFR for several years post server-crash. Brought onto the development team in 2011 to help work on a never-released engine, Zageron stayed on from 2012 onwards as one of the main system administators, and ran the site as FFR's head admin until he ceded that role over to PrawnSkunk.

Summary of Achievements:
- Former System Administator (2011 - 2013)
- Former Head of Staff
- Former member of Development (2020 - 2021)

(massive thank you to XJ-9 who helped with these write-ups. He took on half of them himself, including me so I wouldn't have to do so)

Last edited by T-Force; 01-8-2024 at 09:36 PM..
Old 01-8-2024, 08:27 PM   #3
Lights
owo
Head of Events Team
Event StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

easiest choices of my life.
Old 01-8-2024, 08:34 PM   #4
T-Force
Your world ends with you

GET SAMURAI INTO THE HALL! THE MAN DESERVES IT!
Old 01-8-2024, 08:38 PM   #5
Wiosna
for you, eternally
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

how did I get here, thank you for the nomination
Wiosna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-8-2024, 09:04 PM   #6
NotSpiralingEnough
Minijacks Do Not Exist
D8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

i am going to CRY thank you so much for the nomination TwT
Old 01-8-2024, 09:07 PM   #7
Zageron
Zageron E. Tazaterra
RRR Developer & DevOps Support
AdministratorDeveloperFFR Veteran

Look at all these cool people.
Old 01-8-2024, 09:11 PM   #8
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Much appreciated nomination, thank you!
I truly hope Samurai gets it this time, he's a real FFR legend.
xXOpkillerXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-8-2024, 09:15 PM   #9
XJ-9
!🤖💥👾!
Community Manager
Community ManagerGlobal ModeratorEvent StaffFFR Wiki StaffFFR Veteran

Thanks for the nomination, and good luck to the nominees!
XJ-9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-8-2024, 09:36 PM   #10
T-Force
Your world ends with you

PS. If you have other reasons or achievements you can think of for our nominees to be voted for, please share them! The more we know about our nominees, the better.
Old 01-8-2024, 11:39 PM   #11
Phynx
I'm Forever
FFR Veteran

There's one on this list that knows I have their back. GG mate. Deserved.

Phynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-9-2024, 02:32 AM   #12
Elite Ninja
Kawaii Desu
Difficulty Consulting Cat
Difficulty ConsultantFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Wow thank you so much for the nomination! I honestly was not expecting it especially when I see who else was nominated ><

Good luck to everyone on the final ballot!

Last edited by Elite Ninja; 01-9-2024 at 02:33 AM..
Elite Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-9-2024, 11:12 AM   #13
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

I am literally so proud to breathe the same air as these people. What an awesome community we have! Long live FFR, and long live this year's nominees!

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

MarioNintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-9-2024, 01:21 PM   #14
euphoriakisses
Big oof.
FFR Veteran

Placed my votes. Good luck everyone! :3

Last edited by euphoriakisses; 01-9-2024 at 01:22 PM.. Reason: lul grammar
euphoriakisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-9-2024, 04:33 PM   #15
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar

easiest vote
Old 01-10-2024, 06:54 AM   #16
jh05013
g
Event Owl
Event StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Force View Post
PS. If you have other reasons or achievements you can think of for our nominees to be voted for, please share them! The more we know about our nominees, the better.
Shoutout to Deamerai and Pizza69 for creating some of the hardest files on FFR (goTe EX, Blue Streaks of Happiness, and DsMaxInkd). After 3 years of charting myself, it's still unimaginable to me being able to touch a realm of 115+ and make it well-received and interesting even to lower-level players.
FC: (100) A Dichroic Glass Snafu
Equiv: (95.46) toromi hearts 2 1-0-0-1

Last edited by jh05013; 01-10-2024 at 06:59 AM..
jh05013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 09:56 AM   #17
Josemba
D8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

samurai7694

This man got full Tier Points once 1000/1000
He also achieved 1.00 avg rank, and had all the songs AAA'd only Death Piano and RATO being left (which he had good ranks in these). Membrane kb and Standalone version lol
Josemba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 06:46 PM   #18
T-Force
Your world ends with you

As an update, after thinking hard on it, I realize that with 13 nominees - and only 5 votes allowed per ballot - 50% is probably to harsh of a cut-off.
40% seems more accurate seeing as 5 of 13 is approx. 38.46% so you'd still need to make a good portion of ballots, considering the competition, and that's not even factoring ballots that can have under 5 votes.
It would also keep in line with last year as 40% was the unofficial cut-off as well.

(for transparency, 2 people are currently over 50%; 5 (including the aforementioned 2) are at 40% or higher, and the 3 non-50's are close to dipping below)

If a year came with only 10 or 11 nominees, 50% would be more feasible, imo, but as it is with 13, I think making it equal to the amount of votes allowed versus people that can be voted makes more sense.

If this is a bad idea, yell at me now before I make this change.

EDIT: That said, even if 6, or more, people break the 40% threshold, only the top 5 get in.

Last edited by T-Force; 01-10-2024 at 06:53 PM..
Old 01-10-2024, 06:53 PM   #19
xXOpkillerXx
Forever OP
Simfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Force View Post
As an update, after thinking hard on it, I realize that with 13 nominees - and only 5 votes allowed per ballot - 50% is probably to harsh of a cut-off.
40% seems more accurate seeing as 5 of 13 is approx. 38.46% so you'd still need to make a good portion of ballots, considering the competition, and that's not even factoring ballots that can have under 5 votes.
It would also keep in line with last year as 40% was the unofficial cut-off as well.

(for transparency, 2 people are currently over 50%; 5 are at 40% or higher, and the 3 non-50's are close to dipping below)

If a year came with only 10 or 11 nominees, 50% would be more feasible, imo, but as it is with 13, I think making it equal to the amount of votes allowed versus people that can be voted makes more sense.

If this is a bad idea, yell at me now before I make this change.

EDIT: That said, even if 6, or more, people break the 40% threshold, only the top 5 get in.
My first thoughts reading this is that it's a bit of a weird timing/situation. You're a nominee, and you seem to know the current state of the votes. This decision seems like it could be perceived as bias in your own favor.

That being said, I voted for you so I'd hope you win it, and the above concern is as objective as possible.
xXOpkillerXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 07:53 PM   #20
XJ-9
!🤖💥👾!
Community Manager
Community ManagerGlobal ModeratorEvent StaffFFR Wiki StaffFFR Veteran

I'd be fine with a 40% threshold because of how it would match with last year. However, I wouldn't argue if most people would rather have it stay at 50%. Next year will most likely see some adjustments either way.
XJ-9 is online now   Reply With Quote