Old 09-13-2016, 10:49 PM   #401
Gundam-Dude
`~`
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: The Video Game Mega Pack 4 (RELEASED!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamMe90 View Post
opaque air is best file in the pack so far. 10/10. really evoking the best yessss files from back in the day
when I stepped it, that was the exact vibe I was going for haha (in the light and cruisin were some of my favourite files back in the day). glad that I managed to do just that

on the other hand haven't been seeing many reviews for fighting of the spirit, though I guess I can see why since it's a rework of an old file people have played already.

(Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

My Simfiles (4key & 6key)
Gundam-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 11:17 PM   #402
NeoMasterPie
Forum User

i may have only sent one file but y'all have no idea how glad i am that people love it <3

NeoMasterPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 06:56 AM   #403
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

My opinion has changed, theres some GREAT songs in this pack, especially for training, especially on rates.

I'm at work now, when I get home I'll probably post a review.. Theres some bomb songs with rates, Final Boss 1.1/1.2x rate is great.

I'm still kinda disappointed my favorite songs are peanuts tho, but eh.. Zess T. Cooking on 2.0x rate still fun

EDIT: Also, how come no one likes to like, put a Songlist in the first post I could probably remember specific songs if I knew the names

Last edited by Dinglesberry; 09-14-2016 at 07:01 AM..
Dinglesberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 07:08 AM   #404
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Whoa, thanks Leo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

MarioNintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 07:41 AM   #405
Kraezymann
Forum User
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via MSN to Kraezymann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam-Dude View Post
on the other hand haven't been seeing many reviews for fighting of the spirit, though I guess I can see why since it's a rework of an old file people have played already.
Its so good tho. I reviewed it but I'm doing reviews for everything so its gonna take it a bit, but you'll have one soon!

Submit to this -
Kraezymann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 03:01 PM   #406
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

A little foreword before my review - don't take my criticisms too seriously, I don't know much about layering or whatnot, take it with a grain of salt pls. Also, the way I select songs is by picking ones I like while scrolling, based on the song preview.. I skipped tons of songs, but yeah. When I play, the thing I find fun is improving - I'm not necessarily focusing on getting scores, but I'm always trying to push myself or play faster stuff

Also, I'll admit.. you say to use backgrounds, but I can't do it, don't get me wrong, the bgs are great, and I admired them while selecting the songs, but to be honest I don't care too much about them while playing

Code:
Battle 2 - to be honest I don't know who moches is, but I love the minijacks, my jacking sucks so its a good song to practice on 1.2x/1.25x rate

Cooking With Zess T. - kinda mixed about this one.. on one hand, I think I'll end up playing it alot to practice triple jacks.. on 1.7x rate lol.. Paper Mario is my favorite game so I like this song, but I dunno lol, I don't really get why its so easy, doesn't remind me of bringing tons of random ingredients to Zess T. and making stuff.. I think an insane difficulty with random spam bursts or something would be cool.. enough rambling for one song lol, I really like it tho

Dancing Leaves - I love this chart, its nice and swingy like the song, the solo is super fun to play with the trills, seems like it'll scale really well with rates, nice challenge

Donkey Kong Country Theme - yo this is some dank jungle beat, on 1.5x/1.6x rate its a nice song for practicing minijacks, i like how the chart has the jump -> single note of the same note on the jump, is nice

Fire Volcano - this is gonna be one of my go to songs for practicing jacks, I can already tell, one of my favorite charts so far, even on 1.0x its pretty difficulty for me, and it'd probably scale well with rates

Gerudo Valley - didn't like this chart at first, but at 1.3x+ its super fun, I really like the ending where the bursts get split up by jacks, gonna be a nice song for practicing jacks.. My only complaint is I wish the quieter part with just the flute or whatnot had fast trills or something, I feel like its a bit undercharted

God's Garden - only tried the insane chart, whole time I'm thinking ehh long notes but YO THAT ENDING LOL wow, that might have to be a goal.. i dunno if I'd ever be able to jack that fast lol, I like it

Goon Twins - Aight nvm I may have found my favorite song so far, you feel like a badass doing those streams, the song is great, the fast streams get broken up by fun jacks/staircase jack type things, what more could you ask for

Gradius 2 NES Melody - I always like charts like this (progression of difficulty, stuff like 300), so this song is super fun to play, and I like how the levels are split up into sections as well

Johnny C. Bad - pretty fun, typical S.S.H. song, nice fast solos..  A few parts of the solos were really nice, particularly the parts with the teal notes or whatnot (I dunno the color, you probably know what I mean though), I also liked stuff like those fairly long jacks into the bursts (near the beginning)

Jurassic Dope - DANK AFFF!!! i also dunno who jombo is, but this song is great with rates, I really really like how you charted the ending, the jacks while doing the holds -> bursts are insanely fun

The Mysterious Murasame Castle Medley - to be honest I hate this chart lol, I like the song and the chart is good I just hate hold notes so much lol, so this should be practice for hold notes.. also super jack heavy, I was expecting more trills from the preview to be honest

You're IZAYOI - holy jackfest lol jeez, another one for the jack practice list I suppose
Yep that's about it.. End result is now I have a ton of songs to practice jacks with, so I shouldn't have an excuse for being bad at them anymore lol
Old 09-14-2016, 04:13 PM   #407
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.

The comeback of the JAX

Dingle, looks like you played Murasame on oni. I believe the heavy chart has just about the sane number of notes, but more trills instead of jacks. My memory could be wrong, but have a go!

Quote:
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

Last edited by MarioNintendo; 09-14-2016 at 04:15 PM..
Old 09-14-2016, 05:18 PM   #408
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

The ending of Mario Theme (BT Remix), especially on rates = 10/10
Old 09-14-2016, 05:31 PM   #409
pedolad
FFR Player

I don't make dumps lol
Old 09-14-2016, 09:58 PM   #410
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.

I beg you Dinglesberry, please try Murasame Castle on heavy. You'll like it much more I swear

Quote:
Quote:
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

Old 09-14-2016, 11:40 PM   #411
sunn0glasses
FFR Player

so, i hope this doesn't come off as douchey or rude, but i sincerely want to ask - will i enjoy this pack if i don't really like video games? like.. what if the only video game im into is stepmania... ????????????????

just wonderin, cus this is a big pack and im already kind of backlogged with packs i barely play
sunn0glasses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 12:08 AM   #412
Kalre
FFR Player

Yes, unless you are the harcore i play 2.0 rates stepamania nerd, then no.
Old 09-15-2016, 12:59 AM   #413
pedolad
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunn0glasses View Post
so, i hope this doesn't come off as douchey or rude, but i sincerely want to ask - will i enjoy this pack if i don't really like video games? like.. what if the only video game im into is stepmania... ????????????????

just wonderin, cus this is a big pack and im already kind of backlogged with packs i barely play
depends on how you play stepmania. Personally, I'm a real casual player, who enjoys just pushing buttons whenever an arrow comes across a receptor.

This pack sort of hits everything a stepman wants. Casual play, real easy MA fodder, hard shit on rates. You get a little bit of everything.

Don't not download this pack just because you're backlogged. Download it and enjoy every bit it. It's fun, it has challenges, it has awesome graphics, it has awesome songs.
Old 09-15-2016, 02:14 AM   #414
pedolad
FFR Player

Also I am somewhat ashamed, but I finally got a chance to really play this pack, and omg this is literally the only pack I want to play
Old 09-15-2016, 06:25 AM   #415
DigitalS3r4ph
I'm Tsuka
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to DigitalS3r4ph Send a message via MSN to DigitalS3r4ph

I've been told this pack scales very well on rates!

Also, if you are a fan of jacks/minijacks, then I'd recommend BGM 2 (Silver Surfer), Big Blag's Lair, Hard Man, Hornet Dance, and Naval Battle- I made those personally during a very jack/mini-jack addicted stepman phase.

Those should also be super fun on rates.

Thank you everyone by the way for the reviews and feedback!

PM me if you find the secret.
DigitalS3r4ph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 06:42 PM   #416
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.

Grab the Crystal Popcorn! (bmah)
These minijacks totally destroyed me. I never expected to see Spyro music in Stepmania, but there it is! And it somehow works :O I liked the part with the guitar

Goon Twins (Nullifidian)
This song is TOUGH omg. I barely passed it. It gets more fun every time I play it

God's Garden (MacGravel)
Nope, I can't vibrate fast enough for the oni chart, just in case you were wondering xD It's surprising the number of Atelier Iris song in these vgmp packs. I really have to check that series out.

Go! Go! Novice Alchemist (Dj_Ossa)
Just plain old fun. It was great!

Go Forth! Great Fox (Ferrari)
OH YES THAT SONG
What I preferred about this chart was the jack usage. I think you made a terrific job with these. Your style is just so smoooooth, love it.

Get Jinxed (XelNya)
AWESOME song xel. I feel this will especially be a great song for middle-range players. This chart is polished, fun, to the point and just great!

Gerudo Valley (Cedolad & MarioNintendo)
nice job cedo, thanks for making this chart possible <33333333333

Gear Getaway (MarioNintendo)
feel the groove babeh

Gaze Out Over the Sea (Dj_Ossa)
SHEEEEESSsssh that beginning was something else, man. Your song choices are consistent, haha, I feel a theme going on :P Not my favorite stepping style, but style, lots of fun in its own right! The patterns are certainly mean, but not "evil" per se. That's a good thing!

Gamma Quadrant (Tsuka)
That's one random song choice... star trek?? 0_o haha! Brilliant!
I don't know how you managed to do this, but the flow was really great here. I somehow managed to hit no mine and only miss 2 holds out of 144! Great job, dude!

Fullmetal Fighter (Kommisar)
aw yeah I'm finally good enough at this game to enjoy Kommisar files to their full extent \o/ yay me, that was really fun!!

Frontier Brain (Scylaax)
For some reason, I reaaaally loved that hold with all the mines next to it!! The jumpstream was way to fast for me, but I feel it's not the last time I play this file, oh no!

Flight of the Battery (MacGravel & Tsuka)
So much respect for you guys. This was an AWESOME xmod file. Everything was telegraphed: I sightread AA this on my first try. It always felt fair, and the gimmicks were all super tight! Thanks for keeping the xmod art real. This is awesome. Top 5 contender, easily

First and Last (Kraezymann)
Unbelievably clean. I think that 8 years ago, if I was given this file, I would have played it nonstop. This file is simply great, by and large. New players are in for a real treat. Top 5 contender for me!
Also, whoops, I was still on xmod xD The slowdowns took me by surprise, but they were a really nice touch! Genius file.

Fire Volcano (hi19hi19)
This drumming reminds me of a similar part in Roundabout by Yes in Rock Band 3. Surprisingly enjoyable song, given that the music samply didn't appeal to me that much. Thanks for this!

Final Boss (hi19hi19)
Nazo^2, hi19 you pulled my heartstrings. I love this song and chart. <33333333

Final Battle! (Rival) (hi19hi19)
This song simply could not have been handled better. The low-rez sound, mixed with the classic-style streams simply are a recipe for success to me. The nostalgia is super high, not in terms of pokemon, but in terms of Stepmania. Thanks for this. While I don't believe this chart is particularly amazing or innovative, in terms of sheer fun, it wins my heart, and I have to count it as a Top 5 contender!

Fighting of the Spirit Arrange V2 (Gundam-Dude)
The beginning dick-sync guitar caught my attention like few charts have before. Loved it! Can't say I loved the middle dick-synced part as much, but that might be because I simply sucked at it :P With all that said, it's simply a well-rounded, well made chart. I'll definitely play it again. I love your hold usage, I have to learn how you do it!

Fiercest Train (Nullifidian)
3 words:
TOP FIVE CONTENDER HOLY SHIT

Fantastic Theater (Antronach)
Antronatch: my boy, you can STEP! I'm a bit sad that you were a bit lenient on the rhythms right at the beginning of the file. I think you could've followed the rhythm of the trumpets more closely without impacting negatively the file or difficulty.

WITH THAT SAIIIIIIIIIIID.....

I think this file is essential for this pack, mostly for new players. It's going to be that file which is just barely too hard for them at first, but that since it grooves so much they'll want to get better at it just so they can hear the full song. I'm glad this file is in the pack, your song choice here was impeccable. Top five contender: not for the MN of today, but for the MN of 8 years ago, and all the new players to come.

Factory Stage (cedo)
To me, the song I most instantly recognized out of all the MvsC2 songs (except for take you 4 a ride, but that one isn't even in the pack!). Stepped super super great, LOVE IT!

Escape of the Infidels (hi19hi19 & mina)
Holy SHIT I got trolled 10/10
Thank god for the easy difficulty lmao

Dynamite Plant ~ Try Again (bmah)
I didn't see that file while scrolling? maybe I reviewed it earlier under a different name and didn't remember

Dragon Slayer (dub)
DAMN DUB YOU ON FIRE
I gotta check out the Rayman Legends OST asap, you make me realize that. You're awesome!!

Quote:
Quote:
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

Old 09-15-2016, 06:53 PM   #417
MooMoo_Cowfreak
Abraxas Hydroplane
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to MooMoo_Cowfreak

Yea, Dynamite Plant ~ Try Again is just Try Again in the pack, so you already got to it

post-dumps abstractly represent the existential nihilism that the song invokes in the listener with negative space, evoking the ephemeral nature of the mind - the journey of stepmania begins in hope yet soon becomes corroded into a dialectic of futility, leaving only a sense of dread and the unlikelihood of a new synthesis
MooMoo_Cowfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 07:04 PM   #418
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.

Ah, yes! from the sonic fighters game now I remember, wew

Quote:
Quote:
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

Old 09-15-2016, 09:53 PM   #419
contrapatior
Banned

wish I could have sent another chart
mag mount sucks
but I'm gonna play this soon
contrapatior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 10:38 PM   #420
IamMe90
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam-Dude View Post
when I stepped it, that was the exact vibe I was going for haha (in the light and cruisin were some of my favourite files back in the day). glad that I managed to do just that

*psst* feel proud. Your file was better than either of yessss' auto modellista files, and i love them.
IamMe90 is offline   Reply With Quote