Old 09-9-2016, 01:58 AM   #241
Dj_Ossa
SMGroove
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via Skype™ to Dj_Ossa
Default Re: The Video Game Mega Pack 4 (RELEASED!)

Moches I made Gaze Out for youuuuuu
Old 09-9-2016, 11:42 AM   #242
pedolad
FFR Player

mochey baby I stepped Airship Stage for you <3
Old 09-9-2016, 12:06 PM   #243
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar

sup gr8 paq

unfortunately in terms of quality I don't think any stepmania packs will compare in the future. people aren't willing to pour that much time and energy into a pack like things used to be (though mostly lack of interest and time/ressources)

so enjoy this pack as much as you can, it'll probably be the last quality major pack.

Last edited by kommisar; 09-9-2016 at 12:07 PM..
kommisar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-9-2016, 12:23 PM   #244
moches
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj_Ossa View Post
Moches I made Gaze Out for youuuuuu
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedolad View Post
mochey baby I stepped Airship Stage for you <3
omg <3 i'm going to play both later today!! i played Airship Stage yesterday and enjoyed it quite a bit, great idea to layer in all of the percussion around the (relatively sparse) melody
moches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-9-2016, 02:31 PM   #245
Arntonach
Owlbears Rock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moches View Post

by the way fantastic theater is a ton of fun, great job!!

man, it's weird to come back to the game after basically a multiyear hiatus. i'm kind of proud to see the people who were just starting stepping when i was still around keeping the community vibrant and making better and better files! stepmania isn't much a part of my daily life anymore but it's nice knowing it's in good hands
Thank you! I've been mostly worried since no one has said anything bad about it, so I've thought that no one's really played it, but so far everyone loves it, which is strange for me.

And I too am surprised that packs like this can still be made. I do hope that more can be done though.
Arntonach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-9-2016, 02:42 PM   #246
XelNya
[Nobody liked that.]
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kommisar View Post
so enjoy this pack as much as you can, it'll probably be the last quality major pack.
I dunno if I agree with this. Rog is workin' on a pack right now and I could see that being bomb as fuck if it gets more in the way of submissions. This pack might even get someone else to try putting in this kind of effort. Who knows these days, stupid talented people fly up out of no where.
XelNya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-9-2016, 03:27 PM   #247
Dynam0
The Dominator
D7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
sup gr8 paq

unfortunately in terms of quality I don't think any stepmania packs will compare in the future. people aren't willing to pour that much time and energy into a pack like things used to be (though mostly lack of interest and time/ressources)

I mean this is a great pack and every chart I've played so far has been awesome, but I wouldn't write off anything in the future... glove came out of nowhere to start up ODI3 and that was very comparable in quality to this one imo

There's also nothing preventing new dudes to organize large collaborations, it's ultimately up to the community but ye

ps. Black Rain and Johnny C. Bad made me preggers

Last edited by Dynam0; 09-9-2016 at 03:30 PM..
Dynam0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-9-2016, 03:27 PM   #248
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

I don't wanna be that guy, I don't mean this as a negative review and I've only played a couple songs, but I mean.. Not the biggest fan of some of the songs selected to be honest, I'm sure the charts are great though.

The ones I do like are really fun though, I need to play some with rates though like Gerudo Valley and Zess T., I can see people who are fans of the games the songs are from to really enjoy the pack though cause the charts are great..

I wish there were harder difficulties for some songs, and more Zelda, Mario, paper Mario, castlevania, Megaman etc songs (I realize it's the videogame megapack not the Nintendo megapack, but still :P)

Overall I give it a 8.5/10, I'm biased a bit and lowering it cause of song choice and difficulty, chart quality wise it's definitely pretty high up there.. to me it's not as classic as something like nuclear blast 4, but really fun pack if you are a fan of the games featured.

Last edited by Dinglesberry; 09-9-2016 at 03:29 PM..
Dinglesberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-9-2016, 03:30 PM   #249
ApocalypseAp
FFR Player

Quote:
sup gr8 paq

Unless Staiain gets into AGDQ 2017.
Old 09-9-2016, 03:45 PM   #250
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinglesberry View Post
I wish there were harder difficulties for some songs
When it comes to VG songs the selection of potentially difficult charts become a bit more limited...not to mention, many people probably step songs for their own nostalgia and how the song sounds regardless of how difficult or easy the chart ends up. That's pretty much the nature of stepping VG music. I certainly had to go out of my way to find VG songs that were not overly simple or repetitive.
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-9-2016, 03:48 PM   #251
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

Nothing wrong with an expert difficulty "dump" though :P

I feel ya though, that being said there's things like vs boss battle and such, like to me my favorite song in this pack is Zess T. Cooking cause I love paper Mario, but the chart is like.. I have to play the song on double time D: same with Shiver mountain from the last pack I like the pack though overall
Old 09-9-2016, 04:24 PM   #252
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinglesberry View Post
I wish there were harder difficulties for some songs, and more Zelda, Mario, paper Mario, castlevania, Megaman etc songs (I realize it's the videogame megapack not the Nintendo megapack, but still :P)
I don't want to be that guy, but have you even played VGMP1-2-3?
After these three packs, it's actually REFRESHING that Mario, Zelda, Castlevania and Megaman are a minority.

So... yeah. I disagree with your comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

MarioNintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-9-2016, 04:26 PM   #253
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.

Also there are some songs I stepped in there because I KNOW for a fact that they're not well known. Take Chelnov for example. I'm very very well aware that this is not A+ charting material. It's far from my best chart. But have you ever played Atomic Runner? That's what I thought. Now go check it out.

That's the idea anyway

Quote:
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

Old 09-9-2016, 04:55 PM   #254
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

clam pls

still needs more paper mario tho
Old 09-9-2016, 06:32 PM   #255
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.

lol wow i'll clam when you actually get the point

Quote:
Quote:
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

Old 09-9-2016, 06:46 PM   #256
Soul Evans
FFR Player

I'm really unsure if i should get this pack, i mean if the only strong thing is chart quality over difficulty then i don't know if there is a point for me to get this pack, i played tons and tons of quality charts in osu and they were not fun to me at all, stuff like the yolomania or NBSJ or hi19 packs were a hella fun tho, and they still had some quality but had it's way around to being ''hard'' (p.s, hard x semi quality =fun in my book) so yeah, maybe i can use this pack as a Judge 7 practice?
Soul Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-9-2016, 06:52 PM   #257
Dinglesberry
longing
FFR Veteran

My argument is just that I find improving fun, so I like to play hard stuff. I read the OP, and I appreciate what you are going for, but I dunno.. I'd only feel encouraged to play easy stuff with xmod and huge bpm changes if I really liked the songs, because I simply don't find it fun :/

I'm not saying it's a bad pack, it's a great pack, has good graphics, charts and stuff, I dunno tho lol I just wanna play some nice earthbound songs with bomb jumpstreams I suppose
Old 09-9-2016, 07:01 PM   #258
MooMoo_Cowfreak
Abraxas Hydroplane
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to MooMoo_Cowfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Evans View Post
I'm really unsure if i should get this pack, i mean if the only strong thing is chart quality over difficulty then i don't know if there is a point for me to get this pack, i played tons and tons of quality charts in osu and they were not fun to me at all, stuff like the yolomania or NBSJ or hi19 packs were a hella fun tho, and they still had some quality but had it's way around to being ''hard'' (p.s, hard x semi quality =fun in my book) so yeah, maybe i can use this pack as a Judge 7 practice?
All the files rated 15 or harder are pretty challenging and would likely scale well with rates. There are definitely some really fun challenging files in here, definitely take a look through it.

post-dumps abstractly represent the existential nihilism that the song invokes in the listener with negative space, evoking the ephemeral nature of the mind - the journey of stepmania begins in hope yet soon becomes corroded into a dialectic of futility, leaving only a sense of dread and the unlikelihood of a new synthesis
MooMoo_Cowfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-9-2016, 07:03 PM   #259
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
There's nothing stopping you from deleting any pack you dislike, so download it and give it a try instead of having assumed notions.
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-9-2016, 07:04 PM   #260
Arntonach
Owlbears Rock!

Quote:
lol a high quality file isn't high quality unless it's difficult.
Arntonach is offline   Reply With Quote