Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat

Old 07-17-2014, 03:05 PM   #41
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: The FFR Network -- We need YOU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC_Halogen
I'm a respectable writer and have a lot of confidence in the process of proofreading. I'll proofread documents for you and note redundancies, structural issues, grammatical issues, issues with brevity, etc.
I'm basically the French version of this. I can help people preparing for ÉUF or anything college level and below.
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 04:59 PM   #42
Xyr0
FFR Player

I don't always show it 100% in my posts and the like, but I am also a huge grammar/spelling/proofreading nut. I don't really have a background in it but I scored a perfect 36 in English on the ACT for example. I don't mind doing proofreading.

I'm also a good listener and don't tend to judge people as I know I've done some pretty stupid things myself and know people who have done worse than most of what anyone talks to me about in general. I don't like when people suffer alone, so for real, come talk to me. I'll try to help if I can, or at least listen.

General knowledge of C++ and a pretty significant grasp of Html/CSS, learning various things too. Down to chat with anyone on any of those areas since they're of interest to me, though I don't know how much I can actually help out with them.

If you want dubstep recommendations I've got you covered. Lol.
Xyr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 05:10 PM   #43
TheSaxRunner05
The Doctor
FFR Veteran

I have a fair grounding in music theory from college, but now I'm doing retail pricing and database management for grocery chains. That's what you get with a music degree these days!

TheSaxRunner05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 05:27 PM   #44
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I know how to make idle gifs.

Or the technical thing:

I know how to take apart an image, recreate it, and then animate it using Adobe After Effects CS6. (Also Flash CS6 too)

Also I know my motion design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Charu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 05:41 PM   #45
danceflashrevo
scumfan is scared of aa
FFR Veteran

Still in high school so... I haven't "branched out" per se

Learning Java (5 on AP exam for comp sci)
I play a few instruments, not yet masterfully (piano, guitar, bass, drums, sax a bit, and I heard I can sing)
I help my friends by analyzing and critiquing their music

Why are you here?
danceflashrevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 06:31 PM   #46
Tokzic
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to Tokzic

Tokzic's Marketable Skills:

- Web dev
- Computer voodoo
- Music production
- Graphic design

Last edited by Tokzic: Today at 11:59 PM. Reason: wait what
Tokzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 07:33 PM   #47
Spenner
Forum User
Retired Staff

Send a message via MSN to Spenner Send a message via Skype™ to Spenner

It's really cool to have a hub where I can see what everyone's saavy with/has knowledge of, lots of stuff I wasn't really aware of.

I'm not the best at a lot of things. But I have a degree of intuition towards certain areas which I think qualifies me as proficient enough. I'm good with dealing with the abstract aspects of arts and aesthetics, as well as deriving the psychological responses people would generally have to certain pieces of design (be it architecture, paintings, etc). Just something I think about a lot. I love creative problem solving, where I look at an image and figure out it's aesthetic weaknesses, and solutions for it. I find a lot of satisfaction in doing that.

I have synesthesia and think a great deal about the correlation between our seemingly coherent world and the messy, chaotic entanglements of stimuli as they are interpreted by the brain. I see the emotional experience of music through visual "movies" which are more or less thought experiments in an autonomous fashion. I have a dissociative disorder and can very easily sit back and "watch" my mind work without interrupting it after having learned and gained a feel for how that works. It's also an interesting thing to observe, the synesthesia: I cannot do things like mental math in a traditional sense, because I cannot put the pieces together of an operation like multiplication. If I make a visual metaphor in my head for the problem, I can just see myself figuring out things that way. I have a lot of limitations for what I CAN figure out in my head (very very little math stuff lol, plotting stuff into mental graphs/imagining functions is the strong point, but that's if I study things for a bit).

I think heavily about existentialism. I could talk endlessly about things to do with it. It is the one thing which I cannot escape from mentally, it's always a noticeable part of my train of thought. I frequently look around vast places of gaze at the sky for long periods in a meditative way, calibrating myself in a sense for what I actually am.

So other than some aspects of philosophy (which I really just consider it curiosity, but that's the closest label I can tag on it), I'm all about aesthetics of things, be it art or music, and the psychological counterparts to it. I love design but I love looking at it more than I do making it (I more or less make things so that I do have something to look at and reflect on).

I know a fair bit about certain categories of pharmacology but I'm by no means an expert, I've just read a lot about it to feed my curiosity.

That'll b all for now.

Spenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 07:36 PM   #48
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

im an excellent penis wrangler
MinaciousGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:01 PM   #49
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

You should add Spitfire for artwork concepts (perspective, etc.) and graphic design as well as audio critique. Spitfire has a lot of rare albums and could give you a helping hand if you've found some pretty obscure music.

For myself I would say that I'm also someone who likes to gain insight on tough situations. If you're looking to get into the computer science field I could share my experiences being a computer science major myself; I've gotten myself comfortable with Python 3 (scripting), have knowledge about C and C++ (procedural vs. object oriented design), and have an overview of assembly (MIPS and IA32 -- the assembler is what creates the binary instructions that can be executed). In the future I want to get more experience with SQL (another overview thing, I still am a beginner at it) and TCL (powerful for scripting and automation).

The problem with programming courses is that your instructors can go into the technical explanations first before giving the overview. Sometimes a philosophical explanation is needed first, then the details can come later. I would say ask other people about their experiences as well -- computer science is a challenging path to take, and having people to talk to has made it a much better experience for me.
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:04 PM   #50
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I can cook a mean chicken breast
Reincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:59 PM   #51
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI View Post
You should add Spitfire for artwork concepts (perspective, etc.) and graphic design as well as audio critique. Spitfire has a lot of rare albums and could give you a helping hand if you've found some pretty obscure music.
Indeed, I could, but I try to respect people's privacy by waiting for their posts before adding them to the OP. I'm sure that if Spitfire wants the world to know his aptitudes, we'll hear from him at some point.

Edit: will update op around tomorrow morning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

Last edited by MarioNintendo; 07-18-2014 at 09:34 AM..
MarioNintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:02 PM   #52
noname219
FFR Wiki Admin
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to noname219

I'm generally good with having new ideas or coming up with solutions to a problem. I have also a methodical mind and I can learn new skills very quickly. I have no problem dealing with very large database, maintaining them, analyzing and extracting useful information. I know quite a bit about graphic design (competent with Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign and proficient with Lightroom) but there are some people around here that are more talented than me (Gundam-Dude, Spenner, Mollocephalus or Spitfire for example). Other fields where I'm learning and improving are photography, video game designing, programming, drone/quadcopter flying and drum playing. I'm also knowledgable about geography, architecture and music.

Last edited by noname219; 07-17-2014 at 09:14 PM..
noname219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 09:34 PM   #53
Staiain
Can't handle my ÆØÅ
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Staiain Send a message via MSN to Staiain Send a message via Skype™ to Staiain

could it be considered a talent or skill to have a passion for optimalization, being computer/audio quality/playstyle/skill etc

as an example i disable useless background processes i don't need on my pc to make it use less resources even if it has little to no impact on system performance, or could fine tune audio systems to have the most linear frquency response as possible etc.

edit: i have a positive history of being able to help epopel having trouble with lag on sm/ffr/osu as well

generally finding ways to make the most out of something

Last edited by Staiain; 07-17-2014 at 09:41 PM..
Staiain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 11:57 PM   #54
firemon22
Forum User

Send a message via Skype™ to firemon22

im a rpgmaker/game maker expert and a hip-hop music expert. i also have been called a relationship expert in my town lol

https://soundcloud.com/djbdock acapellas over my beats
http://tuneport.com/profile/bdockbeats my beats for yall to rap on
firemon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 12:33 PM   #55
MarioNintendo
Expect delays.
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerFFR Veteran

Well, this list sure is building fast! Everyone who posted so far is up there. If your name is not, let me know! And if you didn't post yet, please consider doing so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgravel View Post
Mario's files are top notch, so every time he submits a file I get excited in my pants.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
This guy, MarioNintendo?
Click the bricks

MarioNintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 12:53 PM   #56
shenjoku
Wubalubadubdub
FFR Veteran

Guess I'll contribute, why not.

Yet another programmer here, with six years experience programming a wide variety of applications but only one and a half (unfinished) games. I'm especially interesting in graphics programming (shaders, DirectX APIs, etc.), though I have much less experience there than anywhere else unfortunately. Still like to think I'm pretty good though :P Oh, and I also played clarinet for something like nine years, though I haven't touched it in about three so I'm probably really rusty haha. I miss marching band
Old 07-19-2014, 06:24 AM   #57
JurseyRider734
lil j the bad b-word
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to JurseyRider734 Send a message via Skype™ to JurseyRider734

oh im also good at organizing events like ummmmm i organized 2 speedrunning charity marathons (sort of like an AGDQ or SGDQ but online only which actually makes it harder in a way tbh) so if someone needs help with event planning or organization i can help with that also im good at things with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrobean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JurseyRider734
the fact that you're resorting to threatening physical violence says a lot anyway.
Just that you're a piece of shit who can't see reason and instead deserves a fucking beating.
JurseyRider734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 07:23 AM   #58
All_That_Chaz
Supreme Dictator For Life
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to All_That_Chaz

There are some other things I could put, but probably the most helpful things about me are that I have a bachelors in Economics and that I teach high school math. So if you're curious about non-profit tax codes or behavioral economics (my biggest interests in the field), or just need help with your math homework, sling me a pm or find me on skype.

Oh, and if you want to reminisce about punk rock from like... before 1995, hit me up.
dammit chaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoJaR View Post
god dammit chaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalReynolds
I bet when you live in a glass house, the temptation to throw stones is magnified strictly because you're not supposed to.

Last edited by All_That_Chaz; 07-19-2014 at 07:27 AM..
All_That_Chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 03:34 PM   #59
Zapmeister
FFR Player

uber geeky maths geek here. if you need any help with any maths related thing i am the person to contact. when in secondary school, i regularly did maths competitions at a national level. i also have a degree in it, and i'm doing a masters starting in october. besides i can help with things closely related to maths, like theoretical physics, cookie clicker, some programming, sudoku, cookie clicker, 2048, duct taping people to ceilings while they're asleep, and cookie clicker.

Theorem: If you have a large enough number of monkeys, and a large enough number of computer keyboards, one of them will sight-read AAA death piano on stealth. And the ffr community will forever worship it. Proof Example

ask me anything here

mashed FCs: 329

r1: 5
r2: 4
r3: 6
r4: 8
r5: 3
r6: 5
r7: 15
final position: 4th
Zapmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 12:55 AM   #60
T-Force
Your world ends with you
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

No idea if this is at all useful to anyone else here but, SCREW IT.

Hockey card hobbyist who moderates on another forum and because of my time in the hobby, I'm pretty good at value assessment for hockey cards.
Also, my knowledge of hockey in terms of history, and stats, is pretty decent.

(sorry for the bump)
T-Force is offline   Reply With Quote