Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 08:19 PM   #81
Banned
FFR Veteran

Default Re: Newtown, Connecticut Elementary School Shooting

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoangel691 View Post
Exactly.

Edit: Just saw your edit, originally they said it was used. They need to get their shit straight.

Also let me be a little more specific. When I was in Jersey I had an ex who had a son. We had him enrolled in Kindergarten and when I went to that school I had to be identified before getting in, then had to go into the office where they'd check identification and you'd have to get a visitor badge. They also didn't just let you walk in with a bag or whatever without knowing what was inside it. It didn't matter who you were or who you knew everyone went through that process. So yeah, I have good reason to question it regardless.
just because you had to go through security at that one school does not mean that all schools are like that, especially in smaller towns
Old 12-14-2012, 08:21 PM   #82
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to psychoangel691

Quote:
Originally Posted by top View Post
just because you had to go through security at that one school does not mean that all schools are like that, especially in smaller towns
They said in the report that the doors are locked at the school so obviously they follow some sort of security procedure there. Also I lived in a smaller town.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBackpack View Post
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 View Post
Dawg you don't even know. It's so fuckin' small I can use a pen cap to jack off

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl
Old 12-14-2012, 08:23 PM   #83
ichliebekase
FFR Simfile Author

Found another article about the shooter: http://gma.yahoo.com/connecticut-sho...opstories.html

One thing I saw is that he shot his mother at her home, and that she may have previously worked at the school but was not currently employed by the school, nor was she a teacher.

Makes this shooting seem a little more random imo.
Garden Party - Dance, level 38
Old 12-14-2012, 08:28 PM   #84
Banned
FFR Veteran

Quote:
They said in the report that the doors are locked at the school so obviously they follow some sort of security procedure there. Also I lived in a smaller town.
AGAIN, just because something like this has been true for YOU does NOT mean it is true for EVERYBODY ELSE

i'm sorry...you're frustrating and i'm losing my cool. I will leave this thread.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:28 PM   #85
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichliebekase View Post
Found another article about the shooter: http://gma.yahoo.com/connecticut-sho...opstories.html

One thing I saw is that he shot his mother at her home, and that she may have previously worked at the school but was not currently employed by the school, nor was she a teacher.

Makes this shooting seem a little more random imo.
The article says they interviewed the father but I thought they said the father was killed too before. Man I'm just done reading this shit until they have stuff straight. First it was he killed his father, brother and mother. Now they were questioning the father and brother and the mother wasn't a teacher at the school like they said earlier. I quit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by top View Post
AGAIN, just because something like this has been true for YOU does NOT mean it is true for EVERYBODY ELSE

i'm sorry...you're frustrating and i'm losing my cool. I will leave this thread.
I'm sorry that I have an opinion about the fact that some guy walked in when he had weapons in his possession and not a single person thought it was odd to let some 20yr old into an elementary school that was from NJ and not from CT. Into a school with locked doors no less and now the mother didn't work there so what's the excuse for letting him in now? Oh and you keep on going on with the true for me thing the reports stated the doors are locked during the day. That's what I'm going off of, if they change that well then it's different but until then I question how he was allowed into the building.
Quote:
also a fucking helicopter is the absolute last place I'd go to find out how big my dick is
Quote:

Quote:
yeah I'mma go for the Rave7 route she's just perfect, stiff on the top, thin in the middle, and has a BIG THICC END that I can just jack on all night UwU best girl

Last edited by psychoangel691; 12-14-2012 at 08:33 PM..
Old 12-14-2012, 08:35 PM   #86
Banned
FFR Veteran

i honestly don't think it's a very efficient argument in the first place considering the news can't get the facts straight anyway.

and if he had guns it wouldn't be hard to break into a school. maybe this is what happened:

a man with guns broke into a school full of children and started a massacre.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:43 PM   #87
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Until they report that he broke in somehow my stance stays.
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Old 12-14-2012, 08:53 PM   #88
ichliebekase
FFR Simfile Author

Quote:
The article says they interviewed the father but I thought they said the father was killed too before. Man I'm just done reading this shit until they have stuff straight. First it was he killed his father, brother and mother. Now they were questioning the father and brother and the mother wasn't a teacher at the school like they said earlier. I quit.
I actually hadn't read anything saying that he had killed the brother or father, but I agree that they really need to get this stuff straightened out. I've never seen a news report get so many stories mixed up and every 5 minutes you hear news that negates previous reports. Highly disorganized, to say the least.
Garden Party - Dance, level 38
Old 12-14-2012, 08:53 PM   #89
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Everyone wants someone to blame, but really, plenty of schools have virtually no security at all and you can walk right in. This is very reminiscent of the whole 9/11 argument... "How could you let this happen?!" But of course, "preventing" such easily-achieved feats requires some seriously invasive shit, hence the TSA. Hindsight's always 20/20.

Much like anything else in our two-party dominated system, everyone wants one side or the other. Some people want guns completely gone. Others don't want their freedom to bear arms infringed upon. No one is willing to fight for the middle ground, and we can see the devastating consequences of it. They aren't going to go away, and the current system is obviously failing.

We do background checks, but that is only good if the person has committed a misdemeanor or felony.

Two key aspects that go unchecked in sale of guns in the US:
1. The mental stability of the individual
2. How responsible the individual is in handling, storing, and educating others in gun safety

I would be all for a federal or state license that requires checks of those kind before you can legally purchase, own, or use firearms.

Last edited by Reincarnate; 12-14-2012 at 09:12 PM..
Old 12-14-2012, 09:02 PM   #90
Choofers
FFR Player
FFR Music Producer

Yeah, there definitely needs to be some sort of gun control/handling class that's mandatory before you're able to purchase weapons.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:11 PM   #91
psychoangel691
Retired Staff
All the things

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichliebekase View Post
I actually hadn't read anything saying that he had killed the brother or father, but I agree that they really need to get this stuff straightened out. I've never seen a news report get so many stories mixed up and every 5 minutes you hear news that negates previous reports. Highly disorganized, to say the least.
This was something I heard early in the day today. Like no too too long after it happened I guess.
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Old 12-14-2012, 09:14 PM   #92
rparty89
FFR Player

it happened while i was at school

i didn't know til i came home
and this is kids AND adults but not teens
Old 12-14-2012, 09:41 PM   #93
ddr_f4n
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
Everyone wants someone to blame, but really, plenty of schools have virtually no security at all and you can walk right in. This is very reminiscent of the whole 9/11 argument... "How could you let this happen?!" But of course, "preventing" such easily-achieved feats requires some seriously invasive shit, hence the TSA. Hindsight's always 20/20.

Much like anything else in our two-party dominated system, everyone wants one side or the other. Some people want guns completely gone. Others don't want their freedom to bear arms infringed upon. No one is willing to fight for the middle ground, and we can see the devastating consequences of it. They aren't going to go away, and the current system is obviously failing.

We do background checks, but that is only good if the person has committed a misdemeanor or felony.

Two key aspects that go unchecked in sale of guns in the US:
1. The mental stability of the individual
2. How responsible the individual is in handling, storing, and educating others in gun safety

I would be all for a federal or state license that requires checks of those kind before you can legally purchase, own, or use firearms.
In all honesty I would agree.

Though my stance is generally in support of the "no gun" control, I think the best option is, let guns stay, but anyone wanting to get a weapon themselves should go through some sort of test to get a license, similar to how you need to take a test to get a driver's license (it's kinda silly that you have to go through a lot more for a driver's license then a shooting permit/license).

It'll really help get the hands off the mentally unstable or untrustworthy, and those people who really feels the need to keep a gun in their closet can keep it if they are deemed well enough to handle one.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:35 PM   #94
noname219
FFR Wiki Admin
Wiki Administrator
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to noname219

http://mashable.com/2012/12/14/mass-...book-shooting/

Oh god. Some people are really really stupid.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:39 PM   #95
Reach
FFR Simfile Author

Send a message via AIM to Reach Send a message via MSN to Reach

I can't help but think the only reason this happened is because the media reliably plasters this shit all over the news for weeks with pictures of the killer to the point of glorifying the mother fucker in a sort of antagonist type of way.

I fail to see motive otherwise, mental health issues and all.

Schools shouldn't need security. I can walk freely into the elementary across the street, where I went and felt safe as a child. I'm in Canada, and maybe this has something to do with gun laws, but I have a nagging feeling it's not the whole story.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:42 PM   #96
DotKritic
Forum User

I found out about this at about 10:20am Houston time while I was on my first break at work. Didn't know the severity until my lunch break at 1:30pm.

Some fucked up person to shoot up elementary school children.

Didn't realize how long ago Columbine was. 1999. I was in 5th grade.

FFR Member Since December 17th, 2004
Old 12-14-2012, 10:44 PM   #97
Banned
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by noname219 View Post

i can't read past the 4th post omg i just wanna slap the shit out of some people
Old 12-14-2012, 10:47 PM   #98
foxfire667
The FFRchiver
Retired StaffFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by noname219 View Post

That is really pathetic, and not just because the person they were talking about wasn't actually the killer. The fact that people would outright attack a game just because someone else "liked" it is downright silly, regardless of their crimes. Oh god I bet he likes chocolate bars as well, oh boy we better try to ridicule the company and try to ban them from existence.

I know video games get a fairly bad rap for making kids violent (although I would honestly say it does the exact opposite, considering it allows you to escape, and release frustrations without consequence). People are just trying to find a way to justify their faulty beliefs by blaming some game instead of the mental instability of the individual, which is unfair to the company.
Old 12-14-2012, 10:57 PM   #99
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reach View Post
I can't help but think the only reason this happened is because the media reliably plasters this shit all over the news for weeks with pictures of the killer to the point of glorifying the mother fucker in a sort of antagonist type of way.

I fail to see motive otherwise, mental health issues and all.

Schools shouldn't need security. I can walk freely into the elementary across the street, where I went and felt safe as a child. I'm in Canada, and maybe this has something to do with gun laws, but I have a nagging feeling it's not the whole story.
From http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/...311070301/1023

Robert Ebert:

Let me tell you a story. The day after Columbine, I was interviewed for the Tom Brokaw news program. The reporter had been assigned a theory and was seeking sound bites to support it. "Wouldn't you say," she asked, "that killings like this are influenced by violent movies?" No, I said, I wouldn't say that. "But what about 'Basketball Diaries'?" she asked. "Doesn't that have a scene of a boy walking into a school with a machine gun?" The obscure 1995 Leonardo Di Caprio movie did indeed have a brief fantasy scene of that nature, I said, but the movie failed at the box office (it grossed only $2.5 million), and it's unlikely the Columbine killers saw it.

The reporter looked disappointed, so I offered her my theory. "Events like this," I said, "if they are influenced by anything, are influenced by news programs like your own. When an unbalanced kid walks into a school and starts shooting, it becomes a major media event. Cable news drops ordinary programming and goes around the clock with it. The story is assigned a logo and a theme song; these two kids were packaged as the Trench Coat Mafia. The message is clear to other disturbed kids around the country: If I shoot up my school, I can be famous. The TV will talk about nothing else but me. Experts will try to figure out what I was thinking. The kids and teachers at school will see they shouldn't have messed with me. I'll go out in a blaze of glory."

In short, I said, events like Columbine are influenced far less by violent movies than by CNN, the NBC Nightly News and all the other news media, who glorify the killers in the guise of "explaining" them. I commended the policy at the Sun-Times, where our editor said the paper would no longer feature school killings on Page 1. The reporter thanked me and turned off the camera. Of course the interview was never used. They found plenty of talking heads to condemn violent movies, and everybody was happy.

Edit: Also see
Old 12-14-2012, 10:57 PM   #100
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

"Oh great, lets divert our attention and blame video games!" ~Everyone who can't think for themselves

That's really dumb that people would blame the first thing that may or may not have helped with this person doing what he did.

Really though, the investigation is far from over. Can't really blame anyone yet until all the facts are straightened out.

I again however wish the families effected a moment of silence in tribute to their kids and or family members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Closed Thread