Old 10-9-2007, 01:45 AM   #1
l2awr
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to l2awr Send a message via MSN to l2awr Send a message via Yahoo to l2awr
Default Poor moderation?

http://flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/...32#post1822432

First post asking for help on a bug in profile chat. First attempt for help from a mod was "Triple post, ftl.". This is a mod. Are mods not supposed to be useful/helpful/good examples and good representatives of the site and last but not least, be semi intelligent?

Here you have a girl, going for the clown look who is a mod. You ask for help and she recites(spell check?) a rule. Not only does she recite a rule, but it is OFF TOPIC. Im not sure if it is a rule or not, I just took a quick glance for the rules and it doesnt really stand out, or I missed it. If it is, then that makes her hypocritical. If she didnt have any knowledge on the subject then she shouldnt have posted.

Now jewpinthethird, A SUPER MODERATOR with 12k posts(wow) seems to have a problem reading this post

"
"If I pointed out all your typos here, we'd see who looks stupid. "

"all you're doing is talking about how I'm stupid because I can't help you and twisting >>>ME<<< words"

Typos are typos..I wasnt trying to go for good grammer or sentence structure either. This isnt english class. I never commented either for you. I just told you, that your an idiot from what you say. Not how you spell it. Also Im drunk, are you? Just please stop posting. I didnt twist any words, your just a moron...ditch the make up and go back to your video chat where your followers are. Your not any help. I made a thread in the R1 catagory and got 1 reply. It was from a member Im sure no one really knows and guess what? He gave me more help(it didnt do anything) than you did. Just please go do something your good at.
"

and his reply was "http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/....php?f=17&a=14" and he closed the thread. Its obvious he was defending clown girl when she was wrong and that doesnt really set a good example when it comes to leadership. There seems to be a lot of bias and favoritism on this website and its kind of sad. Once a MOD reads this I might even get banned or something because god forbid I question the one with power!

Whats worse I still havent recieved any help for my problem or bug.

jewpinthethird, did you understand this post? Moron

edit: I think this should've went into chit chat section. My be. You can close this one. I'll copy paste it into there

Last edited by l2awr; 10-9-2007 at 01:49 AM..
Old 10-9-2007, 01:50 AM   #2
businessman07
Banned

Default Re: Poor moderation?

K I firstly would like to say Im sorry on behalf of FFR,

we here at FFR try to hold a High sence of morality, humor & helpful-ness.

Now that I have said that...

I vote for Perma Bannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn,

then he wont have to worry about chatting, or anything for that matter, how about a IP bannnnn to go with it?

Or am I being irrational?

Tata,

Businessman07

EDIT: & its "GRAMMAR"
Old 10-9-2007, 01:52 AM   #3
l2awr
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to l2awr Send a message via MSN to l2awr Send a message via Yahoo to l2awr

Quote:
Originally Posted by businessman07 View Post
K I firstly would like to say Im sorry on behalf of FFR,

we here at FFR try to hold a High sence of morality, humor & helpful-ness.

Now that I have said that...

I vote for Perma Bannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn,

then he wont have to worry about chatting, or anything for that matter, how about a IP bannnnn to go with it?

Or am I being irrational?

Tata,

Businessman07
See where the bias comes in ;]

edit: EDIT: & its "GRAMMAR" Oh jeese, suicide...
Old 10-9-2007, 01:55 AM   #4
freakysnots
八一
FFR Veteran

I am assuming you are trying to flame jewpin.

Too lazy to find where this is but

"There is no such thing as Mod Abuse, flaming a Mod will not make it better; PM admin or other Mod"

Thanks

Old 10-9-2007, 01:56 AM   #5
l2awr
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakysnots View Post

"There is no such thing as Mod Abuse, flaming a Mod will not make it better; PM admin or other Mod"

Thanks
Not flaming at all. I find it kind of pointless to appoint people mods if all they are going to do is herrass. What good is that?
Old 10-9-2007, 01:57 AM   #6
freakysnots
八一
FFR Veteran

Quote:
there. Bolded it for you

Old 10-9-2007, 01:58 AM   #7
businessman07
Banned

Quote:

Thanks
Don't help you'll make it worse...

& for the record... I was Just pulling nutts, I've done more **** than you can fit in this quote... so really you preaching to the chior, when there half sleep.

Tata,

Businessman07
Old 10-9-2007, 01:58 AM   #8
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Quote:
First attempt for help from a mod was "Triple post, ftl."
Shasta is a chat mod, not a forum mod. In the forums, she is a user much like anyone else. Further, mods are not always wearing their mod hat. They can post just like every other user can too. That her name is green is not automatically a demand that every post she makes be "A Moderator's Post"

Quote:
Are mods not supposed to be useful/helpful/good examples and good representatives of the site and last but not least, be semi intelligent?
She was pointing out your breaking of a rule, albiet in a more casual jokey way that she perhaps should have. She -was- being useful and helpful to the forum by pointing out to a user that triple posting is against the rules. Further, both Shasta and Jewpin are quite intelligent

Quote:
You ask for help and she recites(spell check?) a rule. Not only does she recite a rule, but it is OFF TOPIC.
You triple posted, which is against the rules. She posted in your topic (where you broke a rule) that you broke that rule. That is the definition of on-topic.
Quote:
A SUPER MODERATOR with 12k posts(wow)
Post count is irellevant. You seem to have this thing for judging people based on postcounts...I don't know why.

Quote:
Its obvious he was defending clown girl when she was wrong and that doesnt really set a good example when it comes to leadership.
I don't see that she was wrong. She pointed out a broken rule. Every post thereafter was in response to posts and statements you made. Responding to you in your topic can't be off-topic by definition. Further, Jewpin's post could easily have been directed at you both.

He quoted your statement that you didn't care about typing properly, that this wasn't english class, and linked you to the announcement where an admin says that you must care about it.

Quote:
Whats worse I still havent recieved any help for my problem or bug.
You were told in one thread "This is a known problem, contact an admin, or wait it out" You were told in another thread "Try logging in and out" these are both reasonable and useful answers seeing as they come from users and not an admin. If you will only accept the help of an admin, then contact one directly instead of using the forums.

Quote:
jewpinthethird, did you understand this post? Moron
Flaming anybody will get you in trouble. Flaming super moderators is a way to get in trouble faster.
Old 10-9-2007, 01:58 AM   #9
omgitznpv
cohoooooon
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to omgitznpv Send a message via MSN to omgitznpv

More like typical moderation; what's up with YOU?

The second half of your post was rather incomprehensible (either due to the fact that I'm ridiculously sleepy [been doing homework for 9 hours now; posting in forums here and there to keep me from dying] or that it really is confusing). So if I say something rather off, you know why.

Typos make things harder to understand, first of all. People who actually have good grammar and mechanics are easier to understand. Honestly, it doesn't hurt to do so. Have you written papers and such? You use correct grammar and mechanics in them, right?

I was following that whole thread, with you and Shasta and whatever. Uh, I see her points. "Triple post, ftl." Don't you know any of the forum rules? That "Edit" button in front of you exists for a reason. And for example, if she doesn't mention your triple posting, it might lead to more multi-posting, leading to more pointlessness. You will expect a mod to recite a rule. If you're going to accuse something like that off topic, then I don't know where you'd been in the forums. Mods can be helpful, but they don't necessarily have to be helpful. They're MODERATORS who make sure everything goes the way it should and such.

If you're directing the second half for us, the members, to read, why are you directing this whole thing at jewpinthethird?

So what if jewpinthethird has 12,000 posts? There are post whores that are completely unintelligent. There are also post whores that are the exact opposite.

Twisting ">>>ME<<<" words? Eh? That statement is rather confusing (the whole sentence).

Not only do I see fault in your reasoning and such, but in this post itself. This is not poor moderation, this would be what I expect, and as I read those threads, you truly made yourself look like a fool, in my eyes.

*Edit*

Wow, so much has been posted since I first looked at the thread. Blah.
Old 10-9-2007, 02:01 AM   #10
businessman07
Banned

I like bands, but I like Perma-bannssssss Moar Better.
Old 10-9-2007, 02:01 AM   #11
freakysnots
八一
FFR Veteran

Why do people make it impossible for me to actually pay attention to this thread?

I count 3 big articles.

Old 10-9-2007, 02:03 AM   #12
l2awr
FFR Player

My chat is fixed, so Im not going to even bother. Anyways there is a lot of bias, favoritism and abuse on this site from people appointed with "power". Post and argue all you want lol. Im done with the forums till I have another problem.
Old 10-9-2007, 02:03 AM   #13
omgitznpv
cohoooooon
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to omgitznpv Send a message via MSN to omgitznpv

Quote:
Why do people make it impossible for me to actually pay attention to this thread?

I count 3 big articles.
Skim.
Old 10-9-2007, 02:06 AM   #14
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2awr View Post
My chat is fixed, so Im not going to even bother. Anyways there is a lot of bias, favoritism and abuse on this site from people appointed with "power". Post and argue all you want lol. Im done with the forums till I have another problem.
The attitude that "The forum is for my immediate and personal attention to fix any problem I have" is almost the entire reason why you had a bad forum experience.

The forum is a -forum- that means sometimes you don't get your thread seen by the people you want it to, sometimes you get answers that are only halfway helpful.

If you want direct answers from the people directly responsible for fixing the problem, you send a message to the admin in charge of the site aspect you have trouble with, and you wait.
Old 10-9-2007, 02:06 AM   #15
freakysnots
八一
FFR Veteran