Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Video Games
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 10:06 PM   #1
djRome
FFR Player

Default what the Japanese thought of E3

MISTAKE I MEANT E3,

hey guys, first post, but i have looked on here and thought i would give you guys some good little knowledge a little birdy in the industry told me about what the Japanese thought of E3, even though it's about a month ago since the event happened, now there's 6 different questions and for each question the different responses were ranked from least to most occuring reponse here are the results, and this is the general japanese opinion, i thought these were pretty interesting:

Which anouncement impressed them, from least to most impressive:
5. Software lineup for Xbox 360
4. Software lineup for PS3
3. Realtime demo for Metal Gear Solid 4
2. The Slimline PSP
1. Wii Fit

Wii FIT!?!?!?!? next question:

Which games they wanted, from least to most desirable:
5. LittleBigPlanet
4. Dynasty Warriors 6 on the PS3
3. Super Mario Galaxy
2. Wii Fit
1. Metal Gear Solid 4

why are the japanese still hung up on Dynasty Warriors!? next!

Which companies impresses them from least to most:
5. Ubisoft
4. Square Enix
3. Konami
2. Sony
1. Nintendo

THIS shows you the difference, because for the US, nintendo had one of the poorest showings they ever had, wow. next!

What do you think about Wii Fit?

5. Not Interested
4. The userbase will probably expand
3. It is not a game (what i have been saying about all the wii games)
2. Balance board can potentially be used in a game
1. Interesting concept but unsure of what it will bring

Virtual Boy was an interesting concept, wasnt it? final question

What do you think about the Xbox 360 Elite?
5. More Selection for the customer (this being the choice to get the core or premium)
4. Satisfied with new functions
3. Not interested
2. Too expensive
1. I AM WORRIED ABOUT OVERHEATING AND LOUD NOISES FROM THE CONSOLE

WOW THERE YOU HAVE IT FOLKS! JAPAN IS SCARED OF LOUD NOISES!!! THE NUMBER ONE ANSWER FROM A COUNTRY! GG JAPAN GG!

Last edited by djRome; 08-12-2007 at 11:50 PM.. Reason: E3 NOT PS3
Old 08-12-2007, 10:09 PM   #2
solopro
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to solopro Send a message via MSN to solopro Send a message via Yahoo to solopro
Default Re: what the Japanese thought of PS3

So the Japanese hate loud noises? Omg, they phail now.
AAAs: Nine

Unique AAAs: Three

Most Recent: Excite Bike (Achieved 08/02/07, at 1153 hours)

Best: Disconnected

Old 08-12-2007, 10:19 PM   #3
Buttoxin
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

So that's why the Wii is dead silent...
Old 08-12-2007, 11:19 PM   #4
zidart
FFR Player

nintendo dominates japan. and soon they will rule the world jajajaja,

also square-enix always been popular in japan so is not suprise they are in the top 5
Old 08-12-2007, 11:44 PM   #5
djRome
FFR Player

well, i think u misunderstood, this is the majority opinion of japan, not the top 5 opinions. 5 being the worst, and in my opinion the wii is a high end toy, not game system simply because it only really has 3 franchises, and my Xbox 360 has better games, graphics, and a ****ing G online multiplayer service
Old 08-12-2007, 11:50 PM   #6
beaner692
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to beaner692

dude, asains love nintendo
when the nintendo DS came out Japan raped it

wewt10k aim: IMB3AU

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...&q=vertex+beta
I play Vertex BETA :O
Old 08-12-2007, 11:50 PM   #7
zidart
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by djRome View Post
well, i think u misunderstood, this is the majority opinion of japan, not the top 5 opinions. 5 being the worst, and in my opinion the wii is a high end toy, not game system simply because it only really has 3 franchises, and my Xbox 360 has better games, graphics, and a ****ing G online multiplayer service
something a MS fanboy would say. also even thoug the wii only has 2 on-line game, the service is for free. and 3 franchises, well i gues you really don't know anything about the wii.

also i was talking about the top 5 of japan wich is the place were a lot of videogames are created. and as you can see microsoft is not very popular there
Old 08-13-2007, 12:12 AM   #8
djRome
FFR Player

im a sony fanboy and own all 3 systems, and 3 half decent games with online capability isnt impressive, ecspecially when i already have fifa, which kicks strikers' ass anyday. the wii mote is only good for party mini game titles, and dont talk to me about zelda being good, it was good, but nothing that completely jaw dropping to me, but in other titles it is god awful, like Farcry, Call of Duty, Big Mama's, and the latest failure which Nintendo gave a ****LOAD of press: Boogie, which got a 3/10 from EGM, and the woman who reviewed it was a 35 year old mother who does the EGM podcasts. the sad thing is, THAT IS THE CASUAL AUDIENCE NINTENDO IS SHOOTING FOR! the only thing the Wii has is a powerful processor (remember all the baddies in the opening of Super Paper Mario, with no slow down?), aside from that, the graphics are last gen compared to anything on the 360 or PS3 (play Scarface). One guy from Sony gave this analogy for the next systems and guess what he says about the wii?: "The PS3 when compared to food is the lobster of next gen consoles, while more pricey, the quality is always superb. The 360 is much like a standard 3 star resturant, where it provides a good but not consistantly good meal. The Wii is like a lollipop, where it is the cheapest and sweetest, it is not enough for the standards of the nourishing meal for an adult" so face it, the wii is the lollipop of gaming
Old 08-13-2007, 12:21 AM   #9
zidart
FFR Player

oh kick strikers #%$ anyday? yeah right, fifa is the same thing over and over again, so strikers kicked fifa since the first one on gamecube.

boggie is not a good game, no one said it was (well except for the ones that made it)

you can talk all you want about how bad the wii is, but the fact remains, the wii is dominating. and a thousand times people said this before but graphics don't make the game.

besides every console has it's bad games. not all are perfect. also call of duty and coocking mama are popular games of the wii just because you don't like them doesn't mean they are bad
Old 08-13-2007, 12:45 AM   #10
djRome
FFR Player

the wii targets children and casual audiences, which are much more common than people that actually care about games like myself. and btw Nintendo and EA advertised the **** out of Boogie. Point is, in the most case the Wiimote isn't as precious as they make it to be, and only Wii fanboys can argue this because they are the ones who take the extra time, which i dont have the time for, to master the controls. the wii is a party system not a gaming system. u go play Madden 08 and flail ur arms, ill be playing it online and for the 360, sending my NCAA 08 players into it. That isn't MS fanboyism, that's great features being put to good use.

Did anyone think Boogie was actually going to be good?

Have you even played the other consoles?
Old 08-13-2007, 12:55 AM   #11
zidart
FFR Player

of course i played the other console. i made a selection of wich one i was going to buy based on that. and what you are saying is something really just the surface.

because you don't really know that the wii is a traget for both hardcore, and casual gamers. you're just making comments of the games that target that audience. and also i am a hardcore game and i love what is in store for the wii.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:06 AM   #12
djRome
FFR Player

let me just introduce myself as djRome, the producer of Epileptic Gaming at www.epilepticgaming.com, maybe u should look us up and see what majority of viewers and the hosts think, the wii fanboys give us alot of debate

btw, ps3 has a browser which supports Flash 8, snd keyboard and mouse support

Last edited by djRome; 08-13-2007 at 01:08 AM..
Old 08-13-2007, 01:10 AM   #13
Pyroshock
ε=-dΦ/dt
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to Pyroshock

Quote:
Did anyone think Boogie was actually going to be good?

Have you even played the other consoles?
You act as if Boogie was the only anticipated title for the Wii. Frankly I couldn't care less if Boogie existed or not.

I bought the Wii specifically for SSBB and Metroid Prime 3, but there are still other great titles coming out that I am looking foward to.

btw, my computer has a browser that supports Flash 9 and most likely all future flash versions, and keyboard and mouse support

Last edited by Pyroshock; 08-13-2007 at 01:14 AM..
Old 08-13-2007, 01:12 AM   #14
zidart
FFR Player

really a ps3 can do that? soo can my computer, and in a more comfortable place. and i got mine at less than 600

and the wii have a browser, and i can watch youtube videos on it. what else would i want?

thanks to your site, i know that the wii also has a keyboard. and why would i want a mouse when i have a wii remote

Last edited by zidart; 08-13-2007 at 01:16 AM..
Old 08-13-2007, 01:21 AM   #15
zidart
FFR Player

hey dude, your gamesite said that august sucks. but they didn't said anything about metroid prime 3.

your site is nothing but a anti-wii. they say that boogie is bad the worst game of the world soo what? one game that is bad and is the end of the wii? there's a lot of games that are bad of the ps2, ps3 and xbox 360.

also, you say that the ps3 is something closer to the pc. OK CLOSER TO THE PC? WHY DO IT HAS TO BE CLOSER TO THE PC WHEN I CAN ACTUALLY PLAY IN ONE?

(also don't get me wrong but the only way i'll play ps3 again is for final fantasy XIII)

Last edited by zidart; 08-13-2007 at 01:33 AM..
Old 08-13-2007, 02:12 AM   #16
Squeek
let it snow~
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Squeek

Quote:
I think you misunderstood.

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?op...=6798&Itemid=2

This is the majority... of Japanese readers of the Famitsu magazine. That is not the majority opinion of Japan.

And I'm not even going to argue your heavily biased statements. There's just no point in humoring the ignorant.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:27 AM   #17
leo172519
4 year veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to leo172519 Send a message via MSN to leo172519

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeek View Post
There's just no point in humoring the ignorant.
very well put
Old 08-13-2007, 12:28 PM   #18
Neonatrias
MAЯISA
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Neonatrias Send a message via Yahoo to Neonatrias Send a message via Skype™ to Neonatrias
Default Re: what the Japanese thought of E3

Atari 2600 kicks all your asses.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:25 PM   #19
Buttoxin
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Why did you even bring x-box into this thread? This was about what Japan thought about, not what you think about. Besides, X-box 360 has been out much longer than Wii so for now the games are better, but there's still Super Mario Galaxy and SSB Brawl coming out.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:58 PM   #20
djRome
FFR Player

Default Re: what the Japanese thought of E3

Guys, the reason I say wow when the Wii gets the number 1 ranking from the japanese and how microsoft isnt even mentioned on favorite companies (LOUD NOISES SCARE JAPAN REMEMBER), is that when you guys remember how the American press reacted to the Nintendo showing at E3, when they thought it had one of the poorest showings at any E3, and Microsoft which had a high rating at E3, this year, it just makes me ****ing pissed, because there is this obviously superior machine, with more software for the traditional hardcore gamer, and the online is already set up for a vast majority of games produced. Sure, the Wii definately has the potential to be great, but i have yet to be amazingly flabbergasted by it. yes the games are somewhat fun, but for the games i want to take seriously such as the first person shooters, the controls just dont work. Hopefully if they get it right for Metroid Prime 3, sure, you have every right to flame me, but 3 sure-fire games are not enough to keep me interested in the system, ecspecially on a console with as poor 3rd party support as the Wii. I really want to defend Nintendo, but to me i feel like they dropped the ball, and are jsut using gimmicks like the gun now to resell games, that i have completed and dont wish to return to. That's just my opinion, the system just is not good for full fledged titles, the wiimote is imprecise (wii boxing still feels glitchy for me, and my skill level is 1205), and the system just has crappy 3rd party support

http://epilepticgaming.ggl.com/2007/...ll-wii-owners/

Redeem yourself Wii, impress me for once

Last edited by djRome; 08-13-2007 at 05:06 PM..
Closed Thread