Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 12:58 AM   #1061
nois-or-e
SponCon Aficionado
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to nois-or-e Send a message via MSN to nois-or-e Send a message via Skype™ to nois-or-e
Default Re: Suspicious Scores thread (Formerly Hacked Scores)

Don't evade the filter guys.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:02 AM   #1062
RuGuru
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to RuGuru Send a message via MSN to RuGuru Send a message via Skype™ to RuGuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessXoXLight View Post
But I didn't call him a ***got, oh my lmfao. I didn't even call him stupid, only his action~
But why in here when this is the purpose of the thread?

PS. I know you didn't call him a ***got, but my statement was only being used as an example.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:03 AM   #1063
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

So Dossar, are you going to organize suspicious scores in this thread now that the OP is your post?
Old 03-21-2012, 01:04 AM   #1064
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

It must've been a burden for Kayla to have to read through all these posts while updating

@bmah: Kayla said she'll also help updating when she can too.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:04 AM   #1065
DarknessXoXLight
sonder
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to DarknessXoXLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX View Post
PPS: This isn't aimed at one person.
lolololololololololololol~*~*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuGuru View Post
But why in here when this is the purpose of the thread?
Would it be better if I made a separate thread devoted to my opinion? I posted here because my opinion had to do with the purpose of the thread. It's one post by a person who doesn't even come around FFR that often anymore lmfao why did you and others turn this into such a huge deal? I'm still waiting for Dossar to answer my question, btw.

Last edited by DarknessXoXLight; 03-21-2012 at 01:07 AM..
Old 03-21-2012, 01:08 AM   #1066
Sky Kitten
Crazy Cat Lady
Community Manager, User Support
Community ManagerGlobal ModeratorFFR Veteran

Oh goodness, more drama in this thread...

Can we PLEASE not derail the thread for its intended purpose? This is getting out of hand.

FMO AAAs (22): Heavenly Spores, .357 Magnum, Pure Ruby, VS Boss Battle, Black, You Goddamn Fish, Faint Breath, Epilogue, Crimson Flood, Zombie Killing Blood Spilling, Saffron City (offline), Fast Asleep, R2, Her Majesty, Defection, Happy Meal, Bit Blue, Stupor of Peace, Tightwad, Progressive jikuu shoujo! Urashima Taroko-chan!, Annihilator Method, Skyfire Ace
Old 03-21-2012, 01:09 AM   #1067
One Winged Angel
Anime Avatars ( ◜◡^)っ✂╰⋃╯
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD8 Godly KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikexd View Post
i want to be cucked by cirno
Old 03-21-2012, 01:09 AM   #1068
iironiic
D6 FFR Legacy Player
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Why aren't you guys sick of popcorn yet? FFR consumes way too much for my liking...
Old 03-21-2012, 01:10 AM   #1069
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager

Quote:
But like why do you go to such ridiculous lengths to prove everybody in the world is bs? Do you really have nothing better to do with your time?
No offense, but if this was your question, it doesn't deserve a response
Old 03-21-2012, 01:11 AM   #1070
RuGuru
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to RuGuru Send a message via MSN to RuGuru Send a message via Skype™ to RuGuru

Quote:
Would it be better if I made a separate thread devoted to my opinion? I posted here because my opinion had to do with the purpose of the thread. It's one post by a person who doesn't even come around FFR that often anymore lmfao why did you and others turn this into such a huge deal? I'm still waiting for Dossar to answer my question, btw.
I still don't get what you're going to get from him answering your question. You're older than him; why can't you just be the bigger person, walk away, and let him do his own thing? o_o Let me ask you this...Do you really have nothing better to do with your time?
Old 03-21-2012, 01:14 AM   #1071
sticklydude
r.i.p. tiny hippo
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to sticklydude

Hm. At first I thought you were still going on only trying to prove Rubix bs, but now I see you're cracking down on everyone else with the replays trying to make things fair.

+1. I respect you a little more now. Keep it up.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:15 AM   #1072
DarknessXoXLight
sonder
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to DarknessXoXLight

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuGuru View Post
I still don't get what you're going to get from him answering your question. You're older than him; why can't you just be the bigger person, walk away, and let him do his own thing? o_o Do you really have nothing better to do with your time?
I can ask you the same question regarding your white knighting. :] I'm just legitimately curious if Dossar seriously sits in front of his computer all day going looking through profiles and comparing replays. Idk why there is a need for anybody to be a bigger person here, I'm not calling him names, I'm not starting troll threads with his face photoshopped on pictures, I'm not doing anything wrong or insulting really, just an opinion and a question lolol. You all blew this way out of proportions.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:16 AM   #1073
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by sticklydude View Post
Hm. At first I thought you were still going on only trying to prove Rubix bs
You have got to be joking

Come on guys, seriously.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:18 AM   #1074
i love you
Live a wonderful life~

I'd have to agree with Midnight and reuben_tate. Some people needs to chill and appreciate the people who actually do give a shit about this site by contributing to it. Like me for example, if you thought that revising/redoing the Tier Point system was a simple task then think again.

PS: I think Dossar should be the one in charge of this thread. He is the best person I know who can analyze questionable scores better then anyone else. With his tools and playing experience, I can not see anyone else other then him taking the position.

PSS: I expect more drama on this thread after this post. Carry on.

EDIT: Thank you aperson for putting an end to this drama.

Last edited by i love you; 03-21-2012 at 01:29 AM..
Old 03-21-2012, 01:20 AM   #1075
RuGuru
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Quote:
I'm just legitimately curious if Dossar seriously sits in front of his computer all day going looking through profiles and comparing replays.
Then why don't you PM him and stop trying to make a scene with your "opinion"?
Old 03-21-2012, 01:23 AM   #1076
aperson
FFR Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to aperson

--------------------------------------------8<---------------------------------------

snip.

Dossar,

Thanks for taking the time to analyze replay data to validate scores. Since I've started playing in 2003, tracking down definitive proof of cheating has been extremely hard to do and there are many players that have slipped through the cracks. It's nice to actually be able to parse out what is legitimate versus what isn't, and it's nice to be able to accurately set the metric for competitive play by filtering out these erroneous scores.

------

Everyone else,

This thread has a pretty clear purpose -- Find suspicious scores and analyze them. I don't know what pathetic sense of schadenfreude causes you all to constantly devolve into a scene out of Lord of the Flies, but I hope you're aware that if you keep it up you'll effectively kill the community you spend a lot of your time on. Moving forward, if you do something purposelessly antagonistic to another member of this site, you will be banned.

If you repeatedly do this, you are demonstrating to me that you no longer wish to have any association with the site. As such, I will be permanently banning your IP, deleting all of your accounts, and deleting all of your scores.

------

-aperson

--------------------------------------------8<---------------------------------------

Now... back to suspicious scores

Old 03-21-2012, 01:40 AM   #1077
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by iironiic View Post
Why aren't you guys sick of popcorn yet? FFR consumes way too much for my liking...
To be honest, I don't like popcorn. :/ Hence why I haven't posted a popcorn.gif ever. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by i love you View Post
I'd have to agree with Midnight and reuben_tate. Some people needs to chill and appreciate the people who actually do give a shit about this site by contributing to it. Like me for example, if you thought that revising/redoing the Tier Point system was a simple task then think again.

PS: I think Dossar should be the one in charge of this thread. He is the best person I know who can analyze questionable scores better then anyone else. With his tools and playing experience, I can not see anyone else other then him taking the position.

PSS: I expect more drama on this thread after this post. Carry on.

EDIT: Thank you aperson for putting an end to this drama.
Thanks for agreeing. A lot of people don't know the sheer amount of effort it takes to do certain things on this site. For example, the conversion script that Iwrote was a hassle to do (lot's of debugging and working with exceptions, lol) but I'm sure that what I did is just a marble in a football field compared to rest of the coding going into the tier point system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aperson View Post

snip.

Dossar,

Thanks for taking the time to analyze replay data to validate scores. Since I've started playing in 2003, tracking down definitive proof of cheating has been extremely hard to do and there are many players that have slipped through the cracks. It's nice to actually be able to parse out what is legitimate versus what isn't, and it's nice to be able to accurately set the metric for competitive play by filtering out these erroneous scores.

------

Everyone else,

This thread has a pretty clear purpose -- Find suspicious scores and analyze them. I don't know what pathetic sense of schadenfreude causes you all to constantly devolve into a scene out of Lord of the Flies, but I hope you're aware that if you keep it up you'll effectively kill the community you spend a lot of your time on. Moving forward, if you do something purposelessly antagonistic to another member of this site, you will be banned.

If you repeatedly do this, you are demonstrating to me that you no longer wish to have any association with the site. As such, I will be permanently banning your IP, deleting all of your accounts, and deleting all of your scores.

------

-aperson

Now... back to suspicious scores
Thanks for laying down the law aperson. That post of yours was well needed.

Not happening now! Don't click to join!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenner View Post
(^)> peck peck says the heels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakvvv666
awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing
Old 03-21-2012, 08:41 PM   #1078
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager

MinaciousGrace: 0,0,0,205,1029,209,1,0
TC_Halogen's Eclipse AAA: 0,0,0,180,1128,137,0,0
My eclipse replay: 0,0,0,183,1133,129,0,0

A good amount of splitting and luck involved for me and Halogen. These replays sure weren't very pretty in some parts.

MinaciousGrace, both the early and late perfect frames are almost identical, but how it actually worked out is incredibly bizarre. The first half of the file with all the big 32nd sections he was mainly getting middle and late perfects, and after the break in the middle to the end he started getting a ludicrous amount of early and middle perfects. So essentially he was working with 2 frames for different halves of the file. He split zero jumps and hands too. I just looked and the second half and it looks like he only hit one note in the late perfect frame, the rest being early perfects and middle perfects.

This was interesting to look at because I have never ever seen a play on a file this difficulty with literally zero splitting at all. It is entirely cohesive. Not to mention this sudden transition from doing late perfects in the hardest parts to early perfects in the entire second half except for one late note is very odd.

Last edited by DossarLX ODI; 03-21-2012 at 08:50 PM..
Old 03-22-2012, 11:58 PM   #1079
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Two things:

1. I applaud you, Dossar, for actually datamining the replay data and looking for something useful.

2. However, you're still kinda retarded: Was it not obvious to you that the Gigadelic token itself was a joke/troll and that it was an *obviously* botted score? What do you think I had been testing my bot out on? At least to people in the chat, it's known that the Gigadelic score was already fake.

It's common knowledge to plenty of people now that I had been creating the bot to genetic-algo a more realistic playing style. What you're seeing there is some of the unnatural variance. It's also common knowledge that RATO was botted and you'll find the same variance-dumps there, too.
Old 03-23-2012, 12:05 AM   #1080
Reincarnate
x'); DROP TABLE FFR;--
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

lol i almost forgot what ffrdrama felt like
Closed Thread