Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > General Discussion > Chit Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 06:51 PM   #41
QueenAshy
Banned

Default Re: If humans could make dogs immortal, should we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charu View Post
Lets just say... I lost respect for Queen when I saw it.
How? Because I don’t want to murder animals that can’t consent to wanting to die?

If you hate me because of that stance, it totally screams immaturity and you have bigger problems than a dog lover on the internet
Old 09-12-2018, 06:53 PM   #42
QueenAshy
Banned

Quote:
Maybe she just doesn't know what terminally sick people go through. My family had to go through it multiple times, and one of 'em was not pet related.
No, my great grandma died when I was 9, she had hospice right below my room. She was graceful even in her final moments when she died at 95.

I would’ve never wished to “end her suffering”
Old 09-12-2018, 06:53 PM   #43
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

So you rather the people you love suffer pain you can't imagine without being supped up on heavy pain meds which makes them barely conscious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 09-12-2018, 06:57 PM   #44
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Guess what my uncle did when he was experiencing cancer himself.

He was in hospice and tried to fight it along with a failing kidney, but after many days of trying to stay alive, he told the doctors to put him off it so he can just go and not suffer.

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 09-12-2018, 06:58 PM   #45
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

You're so selfish for wanting people/pets to suffer longer than they need to just so you don't have to be burdened with the thought of losing them without you being ready

Like, wow
Old 09-12-2018, 06:58 PM   #46
QueenAshy
Banned

Quote:
So you rather the people you love suffer pain you can't imagine without being supped up on heavy pain meds which makes them barely conscious?
If the people themselves said that they didn’t wanna die, I’d respect that; but if they said that they wanted to die, I would have no objections, as it would be their decision.

I’ve been drugged on anti-psychotics for false diagnoses before, and it was not pretty. You know how you feel disassociated when you’re high? Well, imagine feeling that way for 3 months straight, with no breaks and no end. Among other side effects, such as terrible muscle spasms and back pain that hurt me whenever I tried to sleep, a random urge to sleep that was incessant and prevented me from being productive, reduced appetite, me getting amnesia that I haven’t been able to recover memory from, and a bunch of other shit like that.

I actively repress those memories. I know how hard it can be, but for me to sacrifice my morality system would be inconsistent and would leave behind a part of me
Old 09-12-2018, 06:59 PM   #47
QueenAshy
Banned

Quote:
Guess what my uncle did when he was experiencing cancer himself.

He was in hospice and tried to fight it along with a failing kidney, but after many days of trying to stay alive, he told the doctors to put him off it so he can just go and not suffer.
And that’s fine, that’s a human being capable of consenting to wanting to die; however, dogs cannot speak and they don’t have the mental capabilities anywhere near a human, thus, they cannot consent to such a monumental thing
Old 09-12-2018, 07:00 PM   #48
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Animals are the same way, of course they can't tell you if they want to die or stay living, but you can see it all the same.

You're telling me you're perfectly okay with your dog getting sick one day that's not treatable and watch your dog slowly whither away as it's in obvious pain?

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Old 09-12-2018, 07:00 PM   #49
QueenAshy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
You're so selfish for wanting people/pets to suffer longer than they need to just so you don't have to be burdened with the thought of losing them without you being ready

Like, wow
It’s not the fact that I’m ready, it’s the fact that I don’t wanna murder something without its permission, that is evil and goes against my personality as a whole. I never said anything about keeping people alive, if they want euthanasia, let them have it; but as far as dogs, again, dogs cannot consent to wanting to die, so it would be murder regardless of circumstances
Old 09-12-2018, 07:02 PM   #50
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenAshy View Post
And that’s fine, that’s a human being capable of consenting to wanting to die; however, dogs cannot speak and they don’t have the mental capabilities anywhere near a human, thus, they cannot consent to such a monumental thing
You're literally expecting a dog to have the mental capabilities to make a decision.

News flash, they don't and can't make those decisions, sweety. Their instinct is always to live on no matter what, even if it means their existence from thereon is a dreadfully painful one.

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Old 09-12-2018, 07:05 PM   #51
Gradiant
FFR's Resident Trashpanda
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I mean sure, think that way. But that doesn't give you a right to be a bitch to that person that you have no idea what they were going through with that particular case of their pet having cancer. And then the audacity to complain when you get banned from that subreddit for being a bitch. And then the audacity to call Charu's maturity into question when you have no fucking idea what he went through with a very similiar situation. You have not changed whatsoever, and have seemingly no intention of trying to improve or take anybody's advice people on this site have given you. you can fuck right off.

Last edited by Gradiant; 09-12-2018 at 07:07 PM..
Old 09-12-2018, 07:06 PM   #52
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

Quote:
It’s not the fact that I’m ready, it’s the fact that I don’t wanna murder something without its permission, that is evil and goes against my personality as a whole. I never said anything about keeping people alive, if they want euthanasia, let them have it; but as far as dogs, again, dogs cannot consent to wanting to die, so it would be murder regardless of circumstances
I hope you're vegan then because boy do you have a dilemma on your hands if you're not
Old 09-12-2018, 07:08 PM   #53
DaBackpack
~ お ま ん こ ~

Send a message via Skype™ to DaBackpack

I disagree with her standpoint and that's fine, but the way she expressed her opinion on Reddit is far out of line. It's beyond distasteful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moogy View Post
no one cares
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWG Dan Hedgehog View Post
there are 743 matches for hedgehog suicide on deviantart
that's kind of a sad statistic
Old 09-12-2018, 07:08 PM   #54
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker

Spoiler: Cows and pigs and chickens and fish can't consent either
Old 09-12-2018, 07:09 PM   #55
QueenAshy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradiant View Post
I mean sure, think that way. But that doesn't give you a right to be a bitch to that person that you have no idea what they were going through with that particular case of their pet having cancer. And then the audacity to complain when you get banned from that subreddit for being a bitch. And then the audacity to call Charu's maturity into question when you have no fucking idea what he went through with a very similiar situation. You have not changed whatsoever, and have seemingly no intention of trying to improve or take anybody's advice people on this site have given you. you can fuck right off.
As I said before

“Did you not get the memo that I've been on really low estrogen for the past few days cause my patches aren't working correctly?

Well, maybe people would know if they cared. But since they didn't, they always act like I'm the bad guy.

WELL MAYBE IT'S CAUSE MY MEDICATION DOESN'T WORK CORRECTLY, OR ISN'T WORKING CORRECTLY.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE THREAD, DON'T VIEW IT! I DON'T NEED MORE SHIT GOING ON RIGHT NOW!

I'm distressed enough as it is....”

Mate, I’m having a rough week. I’ll be back to normal soon.

I just hope life improves and I stop feeling shit… I’ve been trying, but I can’t help when my brain decides to make life a living hell
Old 09-12-2018, 07:10 PM   #56
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

I had a cat named Baby.

She was an amazing cat. She loved me and always went to me when I was growing up to pet her, play with her, lick my hair.

She was an amazing cat, if just a bit of a bully when it came to other cats, but she was a super sweetheart to everyone in my family.

One day though, we noticed she was getting lumps. Soon after, we learned she wasn't eating. We tried our best to figure out what was going on, but one vet visit was enough to tell us the worst, she had cancer.

We should've put her down there, we didn't. We took her back home, and tried to make her comfortable. It was obvious she wasn't though. She would sit in a corner, away from everyone, not going to me, still not eating. It got to a point in which she was just... pure bones due to her cancer and her just not eating.

...After 2-3 weeks, we finally decided to put her down, but she may as well have been dead those weeks. She wasn't happy, she wasn't meowing, and she certainly wasn't showing the love she showed before.

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Old 09-12-2018, 07:10 PM   #57
QueenAshy
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond View Post
Spoiler: Cows and pigs and chickens and fish can't consent either
I’m not the one killing them tho, I’m simply eating the product of another executioner that I don’t even know.

I’m not even buying the meat half the time, it’s usually others getting meat for me, whether for dinner or what.
Old 09-12-2018, 07:11 PM   #58
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,

can I trade this queenashy for an arch0wl please
mine is broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluguerilla
So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
. ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
Old 09-12-2018, 07:11 PM   #59
Celirra
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Celirra

Quote:
If the people themselves said that they didn’t wanna die, I’d respect that; but if they said that they wanted to die, I would have no objections, as it would be their decision.

I’ve been drugged on anti-psychotics for false diagnoses before, and it was not pretty. You know how you feel disassociated when you’re high? Well, imagine feeling that way for 3 months straight, with no breaks and no end. Among other side effects, such as terrible muscle spasms and back pain that hurt me whenever I tried to sleep, a random urge to sleep that was incessant and prevented me from being productive, reduced appetite, me getting amnesia that I haven’t been able to recover memory from, and a bunch of other shit like that.

I actively repress those memories. I know how hard it can be, but for me to sacrifice my morality system would be inconsistent and would leave behind a part of me
This has nothing to do with the parallels between euthanasia and involuntary immortality, and while I know first hand how much misdiagnoses can fuck things up, I dont think sharing it has any place in this context
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ
Old 09-12-2018, 07:13 PM   #60
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Quote:
As I said before

“Did you not get the memo that I've been on really low estrogen for the past few days cause my patches aren't working correctly?

Well, maybe people would know if they cared. But since they didn't, they always act like I'm the bad guy.

WELL MAYBE IT'S CAUSE MY MEDICATION DOESN'T WORK CORRECTLY, OR ISN'T WORKING CORRECTLY.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE THREAD, DON'T VIEW IT! I DON'T NEED MORE SHIT GOING ON RIGHT NOW!

I'm distressed enough as it is....”

Mate, I’m having a rough week. I’ll be back to normal soon.

I just hope life improves and I stop feeling shit… I’ve been trying, but I can’t help when my brain decides to make life a living hell
No excuses please. Don't blame medicine for what you're saying.

Just try to understand the other side.

Quote:
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it

All of the other Snivies
Join in any Snivy games

Quote:
Closed Thread