Old 06-27-2018, 12:47 AM   #1
flashflash account
FFR Player

Default MinaciousGrace quotes

MinaciousGrace is my favorite user on this site. As you can see I've already got one quote from them in my sig, but I've decided to upgrade to fit as many snappy one liners in my Sig as possible. This is where you all come jn. The shorter the quote you have, the better. If you have any personal favorites from mina share them here.

-----

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIce View Post
FFA playing 4D chess in Gemity while us mortals are stuck on this gay earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenAshy View Post
I’ve demonstrated self-awareness
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace View Post
i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point
Quote:
seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless
Old 06-27-2018, 01:49 AM   #2
Aquellex
Blue Kangaroo
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: MinaciousGrace quotes

NASA should be using stepmania to do fluid dynamic simulations

Quote:
i was pretty close to letting this slide tbh, but honestly your utter lack of understanding of the situation irritates me more than anything else at this point

Let me break this down clearly for you. This whole "hahaha sm5 is fucking shiet" thing isn't some "new development", it's been going on ever since sm5 existed. When the sm5 beta first began in 2008/9/10, whatever it was, keyboard players came to the repo to suggest things they wanted to see implemented into the game. Can we have x feature, y feature, the few things we thought were missing from 3.95 that would have the greatest positive impact on our gameplay experience. Waveform and filter support in the in-game editor. Better screenshot management capabilities or replays. A functional song search.

"Song search? Who needs song search when you have 25 different sort orders? Besides, how can anyone on an arcade cab use text based song search feature? What are they going to enter every letter by hitting arrow keys? Are they going to search strings of directional arrow inputs? LOL! Fucking dumbass ignorant keyboard players."

This was the kind of response we'd get from kyz. If it wasn't that, we were ignored. At best the things we wanted took ages to get implemented with no visible feedback, and when finally complete, they were either already obsolete or unwieldy to the point of uselessness. After a couple of years of this bullshit pretty soon the only feedback the kb community was giving sm5 was "hey can you make the game run as smooth as 3.95 because it really feels like shit in comparison and since you give us literally no features we care about there's no reason to use sm5".

"You dumbfuck ignorant kb players have no idea what you're talking about. You aren't even on the stepmania core development team. Stepmania is coded to absolute perfection. It's impossible to make it any better or faster and in fact it is objectively better and faster than 3.95 in every way you're just stupid and ignorant. Why do you need more than 60 fps anyway? Arcade cabinets don't need it why do you? You're not even developers just shut up and accept what we give you."

Again this was/is the typical response from your development team. The majority of the competitive kb scene just said fuck it. 3.95 it is. If an up and coming player had started on sm5? We literally felt sorry for them. It was literally a shame they started on the newer version of the game. I want you to stop and take a moment to just fucking process that.

Now of course you know what? People were beyond it. We didn't give any suggestions to the sm5 dev team. We didn't give any complaints. We just spent years playing on 3.95 minding our own goddamn business until lo, behold. Kyz decides it's time to come to our community. Make an inquiry, a legitimate one, to be fair, into why people in the keyboard community still use 3.95. When people voice the same concerns they have over the years he gives the same responses.

"You ignorant keyboard players. We can't make features that are keyboard only because how would pad use them? The game is literally coded to the best it can possibly be. In fact NASA should be using stepmania to do fluid dynamic simulations. The things you want don't matter you're all retarded for not using sm5 the game runs better than 3.95 fuck you all you're all shit you aren't developers or coders therefore I know better please play my game my life has no meaning if you don't."

So no. This isn't a fucking "new" thing. Your development team spent years dismissing/insulting the keyboard playing community and eroding any confidence or trust we had in you while simultaneously making the game completely fucking unplayable for us. And you don't get to pull the "that's kyz not me" bullshit. He was an official member of the core development team for years. He was a member of the core development team when he came to our community and fucking berated us for not using sm5 when nobody even cared about it anymore. And then you came in the aftermath and treated it like we were just some uppity W H I N Y B O Y S in some random little community that didn't fucking matter.

Yeah. Fuck you. That exact dismissive condescension is why you have no currency left with us. By allowing him to retain any "official" status you've made yourself complicit in everything he's said or done.

And you know what, it's one thing if you're right. It's one thing if indeed we were all just fucking morons and nothing we wanted was actually feasible and the game really was just coded to perfection and nothing could have been done about it, but it wasn't. Everything Kyz said was either born of complete and total ignorance or a fucking bald faced lie.

I had literally 0 minutes of any compiled language experience before I decided to download the repo, performance profile it and see how far I could get making adjustments. Within 20 hours I had more than tripled framerate. All this fuck-assery about the game being hyper-optimal was total fucking garbage. In fact my total hours spent on development in the last year probably doesn't even exceed 400 hours. So you don't get to use that "hahahah xDDDD IM SOOOO BUSY work!!! LOLOLOL I HAVE A LIFE LOSER EXCUSE ME IF I DONT SPEND MORE TIME DOING DEVELOPMENT WORK THAN GOING ON FORUMS AND DEFENDING THE GAME I DONT WORK ON LOL HAHAHA xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD" excuse either.

You spent the last 10 years making this bed. You let Kyz piss, shit, and cum on your not-even-nsfw body pillows the whole time. I don't care if he doesn't have commit access anymore. He's still listed as a stepmania dev team member on reddit. Kyz still tries to accuse of me of "stealing" code he wrote that is freely available on an open source project. He does go around to take every opportunity to shit on Etterna, and because he's still tagged as a dev, his words are your words. You ignored, insulted, looked down on and lashed out at us, sometimes simultaneously. And then it turned out you were all fucking full of shit.

So maybe now you can see where we, or at least I, am coming from. You don't get to come in here with this entirely unjustified holier-than-thou attitude and claim you're being treated unfairly. You don't get to whine about being "bagged on" by some "random little community in a corner pocket of the internet". No you're getting exactly what you deserve. And the funny thing? People don't call sm5 vanilla garbage in the context of kb play because we're buttmad about all the shit you gave us for the last 10 years.

People call it garbage, because compared to Etterna, it is.

Submit solo VGM charts here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrawnSkunk View Post
It is impossible to download and examine the FFR website's source code, which means that it is impossible to prove that FFR is not spyware. FFR also records all of your scores and restarts, and publicly broadcasts your blackflags without user consent.
Old 06-27-2018, 09:25 AM   #3
flashflash account
FFR Player

That first bit is great. I'm also looking for more contextless stuff that isn't entirely stepmania related, so stuff from the off topic threads would be perfect too.

-----

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
seriously everything i wrote went way over your head if your reading comprehension is so far below third grade level while people may care about your opinion you should refrain from giving it because it's worthless
Old 06-27-2018, 09:48 AM   #4
Moria
Sylphid
FFR Veteran

mina-focused thread.. dude i can't say i really care enough to compliment your thread, but the premise is dumb enough to see opportunity to ride my tangential shitposting as far as i can be fucked

some thoughts on mina, then maybe other stuff after idk
your quote is gonna get buried in there too eventually cause there no free rides fucker

always kinda cute to see someone with an online crush tbh, though dude; if you admire him that much why not just find and say hi to him instead of trying to hoard mementos of his past? i wouldn't say anything anyone hasn't already thought, thread just has a touch of creepy adoration behind the appreciation is all. a pretty no-challenge thread too; there's value one way or another in everything he posts. kinda funny that even the no-effort shitposting has enough quality behind it to waste the time typing it.

i dont give enough fucks to get to know him (or anyone really), but from what i've seen from the dude; he's a man capable of enough self-respect not to speak without a logical and reasoned foundation to support him understanding the most practical or realistic direction to take. he might stir the emotional pot of others but there's still a wise man holding the spoon.

with optimism (or probably just weed) i like to think he actually cares about people in an indirect sense. kinda fun to imagine he's clever enough to have the clarity necessary to see all the logical flaws, redundancies or other stupid shit that stops stuff from being as good as it could be. maybe he realises nothings ever as good as its capable of being and that misanthropic wit of his people tend to find endearing is just him venting frustration

Quote:
imagine if people made files worth playing
Even shit like this ^
might seem like antagonistic white noise at first glance; but you shouldn't even really need to consider the subjective nature of individuals giving value to shit that doesn't matter before it's obvious none of this shit wasn't ever really objectively worth anything.

everyone has their own independent models of experience continuously growing with every new moment. its what develop their understanding of what's worth their value. each one's moments are perceivable only as their own. just as subjective and as exclusively unique to the individual as the moment it succeeded and never any less irreplicable than the last

the reality is (((i use the term "reality" to be expressive of truth rather than an ontological descriptor to generalize anything with 3 dimensions and some mass, criteria of what qualifies as real. pretty important distinction to be aware of if you're still killing time reading this.))) the concept of reality is often interpreted as nothing more than periodic things sharing existence within a physical universe without considering there's no mutual property or dimension shared in the relationship between a universe and the very ideas responsible for the word we use to communicate our understanding and ideas of what the universe and existence is.

but wait moria! are you telling me that my very thoughts are on a dimension completely independent from everything existing within the universe..? yet develop solely on whatever experiences i was able to appercept using the physical cognition i'm bound to? :O

so that every interactions sparking influence within existence ((including all forward-consciousness, yes really)) was already anything other than what i thought it was the moment i was aware i had thought it was?

One hand feeds the other. your independence is a codependency of mind and body. neither was ever without the other.

You are your thoughts, just not as you know them.
You'll never know. You can't. conditions required to know directly conflict with the conditions needed to be yourself. you say you are, therefore you are no longer.
consciousness is for doing, not for thinking. to do is to know you do. you have all the time in the world for doing, and none for thinking. Thinking never needed it

thinking though
thinking is the only way you'll ever understand the things you know.

yet you've nothing more than a burden to gain from knowing what you already understand.
despite the inequality; knowing does have a use
knowing you can.

when you know, you're already doing. cause you can, and always could.
so don't doubt yourself. if you're uncertain then there's something to gain from thinking
but if you're thinking you've already stopped sending attention to what you're doing.
doing needs time, and the only time you can do it is right now
the present

just remember, thinking doesn't move forward with time; life does.
you've heard enough from me for today, i hope anyone reading this understands what they need to do,
cause there's just no time like the present

get fucked

na u coo man jk

Old 06-27-2018, 02:34 PM   #5
the sun fan
FFR Player

If his entire online presence is centered around either
a) telling people how stupid they are
b) posting things about the stepmanias
then I'd argue he's a pretty bad presence

Aside from the stepmania rants above, most of the times that I've seen him talking at someone, he is as guilty of the same faults he is yelling at other people, and looks worse off because of how he talks to people

Either way, if you want to look at his posts, you can look at his entire post history on FFR by going to his profile, hovering over "MinaciousGrace's Profile" and then clicking on All Posts.

EDIT: B isn't a bad thing, I'm mainly just talking about the only two things I've ever seen him do.

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.

Last edited by the sun fan; 06-27-2018 at 02:35 PM..
Old 06-27-2018, 03:26 PM   #6
rayword45
Local Teenage Wastebasket
FFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

I personally find his posts amusing, his transparent desperation to come off as smarter than the whole site through antagonistic walls of text is funny stuff

When I call people stupid on other websites I usually stick to one sentence fragment, dudes got dedication

BEST AAAs: WANDERLUST, Pandora, Necropotence, Mourning The Lost, Eradication, Feldschlacht

Hey, we need some users on this site. Please join.

And if you have not recommended any albums yet, do so. Please. I have a goal to reach. Here.
NO WAIT THAT SHIT'S OLD GO HERE INSTEAD.
Old 06-27-2018, 04:27 PM   #7
flashflash account
FFR Player

Have you seen one of minas posts, how am i,a lowly member going to find the wheat among the stepmania tares?

Also mina is legit a genius without even trying idk what you're talking about

-----

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-27-2018, 04:29 PM   #8
komochii
Banned

'tism.
Old 06-27-2018, 04:40 PM   #9
the sun fan
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashflash account View Post
Have you seen one of minas posts, how am i,a lowly member going to find the wheat among the stepmania tares?

Also mina is legit a genius without even trying idk what you're talking about
everyone is stupid, friend
everyone

Old 06-27-2018, 04:48 PM   #10
j-rodd123
End of the road
FFR Veteran

i dont read his posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FictionJunction View Post
wow
Old 06-27-2018, 04:49 PM   #11
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the sun fan View Post
everyone is stupid, friend
everyone
That's me

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 06-27-2018, 04:50 PM   #12
Charu
Snivy! Dohoho!

Also, this gonna be a roasting thread? Feels like it's gonna be a roasting thread.

Quick, get the marshmallows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRedWolf87 View Post
Charu the red-nosed Snivy
Had a very shiny nose
And if you ever saw it
You could even say it glows

All of the other Snivies
Used to laugh and call him names
They never let poor Charu
Join in any Snivy games

(Click the arrow to see the rest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta21 View Post
All in all I would say that Charu not only won this game, his play made me reconsider how I play it.
Old 06-27-2018, 05:39 PM   #13
SKG_Scintill
Spun a twirly fruitcake,

"i have no idea what you are talking about"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluguerilla
So Sexy Robotnik (SKG_Scintill) {.0001/10} [--]
___
. RHYTHMS PR LAYERING
. ZOMG I HAD TO QUIT OUT TERRIBLE
Old 06-27-2018, 06:08 PM   #14
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

is this going to be an actual roast thread in ct because i would love to get the chance to pick apart perceived or legitimate complaints about me with other people lodging actual responses that extend beyond "wow ur so mean!"

Quote:
most of the times that I've seen him talking at someone, he is as guilty of the same faults he is yelling at other people, and looks worse off because of how he talks to people
give me an example

you probably can't because you're just assuming that quality of me in order to rationalize your belief that people who are antagonistic or confrontational or "mean" can't have valid points or be right, which is stupid, the assumption part, the rationalization part, and the belief you're trying to rationalize, it's not just stupid, it's hat trick stupid.

i'm not saying this because i think it's impossible or unlikely that i've been demonstrably hypocritical, the nature of human existence is a layered miasma of cognitive dissonance. on the other hand i have fewer layers than most and the probability that you would actually be able to realize it and formulate an airtight argument in order to prove it is even smaller, and the probability that you would actually spend the time to try is even smaller than that

assuming you get that far the probability that you'll convince me is basically 0 and that's because my abnormally high level of self awareness is matched only by my ability for self deception

on the other hand if at least you tried you wouldn't be the internet equivalent of that dude shouting at steph curry from a couch about how you could have made that shot he just missed if you cared enough to be good

i'm going to pre-empt you looking really stupid if you try to point out that we're both making qualitative assumptions about each other and stress that what i find at fault is that you don't have the capacity or willingness to make the case for yours, and by saying this i'm also giving you a really easy opportunity to show me up because i've qualified the bar for your vindication not at an actual triumph but at any attempt by you, which you would have to be, you know

really fucking stupid to pass up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayword45 View Post
I personally find his posts amusing, his transparent desperation to come off as smarter than the whole site through antagonistic walls of text is funny stuff
i mean i see this a lot from people who have never actually held a discussion or argument with me so here's a simple thought exercise you can do without having to interact with me:

if that were my goal why would i constantly provoke abject emotional reactions to well laid thought by generally being a condescending asshole

i wouldnt, funny how logic works right

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayword45 View Post
When I call people stupid on other websites I usually stick to one sentence fragment, dudes got dedication
i also call people stupid without context or supporting argument that's certainly an admirable pursuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-rodd123 View Post
i dont read his posts
i mean there are a lot of ways i could respond to this but the plain reality is that it's probably best for you

Last edited by MinaciousGrace; 06-27-2018 at 06:19 PM..
Old 06-27-2018, 06:16 PM   #15
the sun fan
FFR Player

you really couldn't be more wrong about me assuming that people who are mean don't have valid points; I've seen far too much of the word to believe to the contrary.

You tell people how stupid they are all the time. Everyone is stupid, as I said earlier. You just say it in a lot more words and a lot harsher than most.

I can talk shit about you if I want. You're an asshole, and proud of it, and that makes me not want to talk to you.

you win for saying I don't want to dedicate the time to talk to you. I do know that I can't play basketball worth a damn, though.

Old 06-27-2018, 06:17 PM   #16
j-rodd123
End of the road
FFR Veteran

tldr

Quote:
Originally Posted by FictionJunction View Post
wow
Old 06-27-2018, 06:20 PM   #17
komochii
Banned

Tbh she's pretty frickin good at stepmania so I mean I respect it
Old 06-27-2018, 06:30 PM   #18
Celirra
FFR Player

Send a message via Skype™ to Celirra

The pretentious culture fostered around Mina was a contributing factor to my withdraw from the stepmania community, so in hindsight I should be thanking him
 ノ li.゚ ヮ゚ノi
彡と} 猫.{つ
Old 06-27-2018, 06:31 PM   #19
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

Quote:
you really couldn't be more wrong about me assuming that people who are mean don't have valid points; I've seen far too much of the word to believe to the contrary.
i mean maybe but you haven't given me any reason to not believe this

Quote:
You tell people how stupid they are all the time. Everyone is stupid, as I said earlier. You just say it in a lot more words and a lot harsher than most.
if it's a given then why do people keep getting defensive and butthurt and ignore salient points. clearly they don't get it, and they keep saying stupid things, and i keep calling those things stupid, and i keep calling those people who keep saying stupid things while ignoring logic and facts, stupid people

it's not a hard concept

Quote:
I can talk shit about you if I want. You're an asshole, and proud of it, and that makes me not want to talk to you.
Quote:
he is as guilty of the same faults he is yelling at other people
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Quote:
you win for saying I don't want to dedicate the time to talk to you. I do know that I can't play basketball worth a damn, though.
see that's my point, you don't get it, it's not about me "winning", it's about you being stupid in order to validate being stupid so you can justify calling me stupid

i mean you're right, everyone is stupid, anyone who actually knows me knows that this is a fundamental core belief of mine and it's something derived from actual reasoning and not just some edgy psuedointellectual joker card you can play on the internet

you're wrong about being proud though, i mean it guess it depends on how you define pride

anyway you basically proved all my points, again, like the rest of you
Old 06-27-2018, 06:32 PM   #20
MinaciousGrace
FFR Player
D7 Elite Keysmasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
The pretentious culture fostered around Mina was a contributing factor to my withdraw from the stepmania community, so in hindsight I should be thanking him
you're the only dp apologist post 2016 so that probably also had a factor

i mean if im gonna go further that stems from your inability to appreciate nuance which results in you not being able to comprehend nuanced arguments or thought which is you know, stupid

i'm not going to bother to press you on how the concept of pretentious actually logically applies to me since i:

1) dont give a fuck about any of you and make that very clear all the time
2) think most of you are stupid
3) tell you exactly why i think you're stupid
4) tell you what you have to do to convince me you aren't not stupid, which granted, if you really hate me and have convinced yourself im a brainless idiot then i guess my opinion doesn't matter
5) do not present myself to have any skills or credentials i cannot demonstrably prove, like, idk, darkshark
6) dont pander and hugbox people i dont give a shit about and make faux social inroads to give surface level comfort to people so that they might do so in return
7) don't selectively call stupid things out based on who says them
8) make it painfully clear all of the things i do or do not like
9) say whatever i think to someone's face instead of only behind someone's back, unlike, idk, celirra
10) don't subscribe to the notion that the internet should be an escape from reality and function as an emotional bounce castle at all

11) i'm the only person who follows the golden rule here, if i give you shit, it's because i want you to give me shit, if i press you on something stupid, it's because i want to be pressed if i say something stupid, if i sit here challenging your broken emotional perspectives of other people it's because that's what i want

and that makes me the least pretentious of any of you fuckers

Last edited by MinaciousGrace; 06-27-2018 at 06:43 PM..
Closed Thread