Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > The Werewolf Game > TWG Archives
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2018, 08:18 PM   #361
Makoto Naegi
FFR Player

Default Re: TWG CLXXVIII: Danganronpa [Game Thread]

My motivation is very low atm, sorry I know I said I'd go hard but I'm not feeling it.

My vote is pretty simple, I don't like the complacency celestia showed.

The vote post she made was pretty much awful, she plopped a vote aoi, and didn't really analyze any of the info she presented outside of the initial suspicion aoi gave off at the start of the day. It's way too early to have such static reads, and you look like a wolf who found a good parking spot.

The "good luck finding someone to vote" is just the disgusting icing on that cake tbh. It's going to take a major revelation to convince me this isn't where my d0 vote shold be. Everyone else weigh in if you please
Old 06-15-2018, 08:23 PM   #362
Makoto Naegi
FFR Player

Kyoko I think you need to dip your head in some water and freshen up.

Your strict adherence to the ideal twg player and measuring everyone to that standard is going to waste a lot of your time.

You should know there are other factors in play here. My duty to catch wolves is tempered by my intrest in the game as a factor of time. If you don't hear from me for an entire day phase or I don't pay off my previous promises by the end of the day (without explanation) them you should come at me with the stakes and you can feel justified doing so. Any less than that and your just spinning your wheels at best or posturing at worst
Old 06-15-2018, 08:26 PM   #363
Kyoko Kirigiri
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byakuya Togami View Post
I've said this a couple times, but that's bad, Kiyotaka. That being said, I can see an advantage of a townie knowing people's identities-- meta could help form better reads-- but the costs outweigh the benefits.
This is, at the very least, a consistently held opinion by Byakuya. I think I agree with it, at least for now. The danger presented by the Identity Wolf outweighs the value of prior meta at this stage.

Anyway, Byakuya on review has been pro-town--that doesn't necessarily mean towny, although I'm ready them that way as well. But there's a good mix of activity, pressure, and general discussion. More to the point,

Quote:
makoto why
reads town to me. (The post is in response to Makoto's vote on Celestia). Celestia has been active as well, so I'm basically reading this as Byakuya being upset with this vote--meaning they're pro-Celestia, meaning they're committed to a pro-activity position. That feels like someone genuinely trying to keep the game going forward.
Old 06-15-2018, 08:33 PM   #364
Leon Kuwata
FFR Player

I've been practicing my musical hobby so I've been away from the action. My activity will waver up and down because my availability is wonky. This will be cured soon.
I agree with content wolves as posted earlier
Old 06-15-2018, 08:34 PM   #365
Kyoko Kirigiri
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makoto Naegi View Post
Kyoko I think you need to dip your head in some water and freshen up.

Your strict adherence to the ideal twg player and measuring everyone to that standard is going to waste a lot of your time.

You should know there are other factors in play here. My duty to catch wolves is tempered by my intrest in the game as a factor of time. If you don't hear from me for an entire day phase or I don't pay off my previous promises by the end of the day (without explanation) them you should come at me with the stakes and you can feel justified doing so. Any less than that and your just spinning your wheels at best or posturing at worst
I mean, I've been absent for long periods today myself. My point is that posts that don't provide a why are, if not suspect, at least less useful than they should be.

Honestly, I'd have voted you right here for being defensive enough to respond to me in spite of your professed indifference--if you hadn't actually explained your vote. But you did, and your reason for it isn't terrible.

I actually found your early play interesting because it was so jokey and casual, yet seemed to hint that more was there. Motivated or not, you're someone I'd like to hear from more, because it seems like you can help move things along--to the extent you're motivated to, at least.
Old 06-15-2018, 08:36 PM   #366
Chihiro Fujisaki
FFR Player

W-well..Celestia's "complacency" if she's town is because she wants the information of an Aoi flip... and has otherwise given "Day passes" to most of the active players... but the backpedal to calling her own push fairly "insignificant"... is strange...I think... but it doesn't bother me besides that...

I was surprised she claimed having a good idea who the acquisitoner is early on...I think...for that not to be exaggerating... it makes more sense from a wolf... because they have the most information...
Old 06-15-2018, 08:44 PM   #367
Chihiro Fujisaki
FFR Player

Sayaka
Old 06-15-2018, 08:44 PM   #368
Kiyotaka Ishimaru
FFR Player

i ended up not sleeping so early

there's 15 mins left for phase and votes have barely changed

phantoms are on guys
Old 06-15-2018, 08:45 PM   #369
Kiyotaka Ishimaru
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Kuwata View Post
I agree with content wolves as posted earlier
what does this mean
Old 06-15-2018, 08:45 PM   #370
Byakuya Togami
FFR Player

I have a pretty firm town read on Celestia. Not swinging that way.

I should get my vote off of Sayaka. I'll probably join the Aoi wagon if nothing better presents itself
Old 06-15-2018, 08:46 PM   #371
Byakuya Togami
FFR Player

oh wait that was a game changer chihiro
Old 06-15-2018, 08:46 PM   #372
Xiz
TWG Chaos
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Xiz

Votecount:

Aoi: (2) Celestia, Mundo
Kiyotaka: (1) Hifumi
Byakuya: (1) Junko
Mundo: (1) Kiyotaka
Sayaka: (2) Byakuya, Chihiro
Celestia: (1) Makoto

Unvote: Sakura

Phase ends June 15th @9:00pm server
:59 = good
:00 = bad

Old 06-15-2018, 08:48 PM   #373
Byakuya Togami
FFR Player

It would be nice if either Aoi or Sayaka were posting.
Old 06-15-2018, 08:49 PM   #374
Chihiro Fujisaki
FFR Player

I feel bad...b-because her role-playing made me happy... even if it does not seem difficult to fake...but I feel good about who I am now voting with... and I prefer it to most other choices...

I had hoped Kyoko would vote with me on Toko, or I would have changed sooner...
Old 06-15-2018, 08:49 PM   #375
Kiyotaka Ishimaru
FFR Player

Quote:
I have a pretty firm town read on Celestia. Not swinging that way.

I should get my vote off of Sayaka. I'll probably join the Aoi wagon if nothing better presents itself
I dont understand why you would want to change your vote when it had been tied 2nd place
Old 06-15-2018, 08:50 PM   #376
Byakuya Togami
FFR Player

Why are voting with me? Did you also find Sayaka's posts to be off or what?
Old 06-15-2018, 08:51 PM   #377
Chihiro Fujisaki
FFR Player

I would be willing to try to start a vote on Leon...I think...if he will not take a stance here...
Old 06-15-2018, 08:51 PM   #378
Kyoko Kirigiri
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junko Enoshima View Post
I don't think Aoi is as new as they suggest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junko Enoshima View Post
I take back my "hard" town read because I'm nearly certain there's some duplicity with her outward projection, but I'm not fully revoking it because more often than not, aspects of her mindset are not being obfuscated
Okay, the more I look over this, the more it bothers me. I actually agree with the implication in the first quote. Aoi's responses sort of betray familiarity with the game at least, if not with this community (and even that's questionable). But the second post is really problematic, because it's couched so weirdly. The sense I got yesterday was that Junko was town-reading Aoi due to how Aoi was being pursued. But early heat of that nature is far more likely to come from town, which doesn't in and of itself lean town or wolf on Aoi.

Junko then revoked their "hard town read" given "duplicity with her outward projection"--which I assume reflects the immediately prior post. That's a reasonable position to take. But then there's "I'm not fully revoking it because more often than not, aspects of her mindset are not being obfuscated." What does that even mean? Hard town is a definitive statement--just say your position is softening if that's what it is. This feels like a lot of linguistic gymnastics to maintain a tenuous position--which is only reasonable if one is trying to leverage a guaranteed read that isn't really supported by the game. And to have such a read implies extra knowledge.

Combined with the overly mechanical vote on Byakuya and their total absence today despite high post count thus far, Junko seems like the best option so far.

Junko Enoshima
Old 06-15-2018, 08:51 PM   #379
Byakuya Togami
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyotaka Ishimaru View Post
I dont understand why you would want to change your vote when it had been tied 2nd place
Sayaka was tied with a couple other people, and no one else was talking about Sayaka.
Old 06-15-2018, 08:53 PM   #380
Byakuya Togami
FFR Player

Ok I'm really not comfortable with you voting with me, Chihiro. I hope you answer my question before EOD.
Closed Thread