Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR Events

View Poll Results: You'd be most likely to date someone if they showed up at a party (with you) wearing:
a wetsuit, a lab coat, a tutu, a sombrero, and 3 socks 0 0%
a morphsuit 1 8.33%
a body zorb, which they refuse to take off (look it up if you don't know what it is) 1 8.33%
200+ t-shirts at the same time, trying to break the world record 0 0%
a tank top with "suns out guns out" written on it, swimming trunks, and 2 different shoes 2 16.67%
an outfit made entirely of cheddar cheese, covering their whole body 0 0%
all of the above at the same time 8 66.67%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-24-2016, 08:08 PM   #1
Zapmeister
FFR Player

Default SponCon - Alternative Playstyle

How To Play

You know what? The current playstyles adopted by a vast majority of people who play ffr (upscroll, downscroll, and the like) are far too boring and mainstream. Let's spice things up a bit.

In this sponcon you will be playing with PLUS SCROLL on R^3. Like this

That doesn't end there. With the recent advent of Velocity's mods ported over to R^3, why not make use of them? Like, all of them, at once.

To enter this sponcon you have to change your settings as follows:

• Hidden OFF
    Sudden ON
    Blink OFF
    Rotate ON
    Wave ON
    Drunk ON
    Tornado ON
    Mini [Resize] ON
    Random OFF
    Scramble OFF
    Shuffle OFF
    Reverse OFF
    Mirror ON
    Dark ON
    Mini Notes ON
    Column Colors ON
    Halved Noteskin ON

No Background... doesn't matter if on or off
    Beatmania Noteskin ON

like in this pic

Yep. Seriously. You think I'm crazy, right? Well here's one I did earlier

with, of course, the obligatory replay:

Songs

The songs you're going to be playing on this mode are:

Pokemon GSC Elite Four [11]
Until Tomorrow [12]
Sunshine rainy [Light] [13]
Waltz of Spring [14]
The Rhythm Of Life [18]

To make a submission, post a REPLAY of a pass obtained on any of these song with all those mods. Replays ONLY - I cannot accept screenshots because they don't tell me what skin or scroll direction you use. You may submit as many times as you like before the deadline. I'll be checking your replays to see if they satisfy the format.

Prizes

For EACH SONG, you will be ranked by raw scoring, assuming you pass the song. Failed songs count for nothing. I'll award you credits for each song as follows: (prizes will go up if anyone wants to donate)

1st - 10000
2nd - 5000
3rd - 2500
4th - 1500
Any other passing score - 1000

I'll update this thread periodically with a leaderboard.

In addition to this, I'll freely give out credits to anyone who gets a particularly impressive score (i.e. significantly better than a bare pass) with all those mods on any other song. Difficulty will be taken into account.

oh and some other stuff

- here's a benchmark for you guys to aim for on the first song, i screwed up a bit near the end

- Mini [Resize] and Mini Notes appear to cancel each other out. I find that replays are funnier if the notes are bigger (i.e. normal size) so I left it that way, instead of using just one. However I still want you guys to use both mods for absolutely no reason at all apart from that I feel like it, even though they don't do anything.

- Don't use Blink, it disables everything for some reason.

- Hidden and Sudden on R^3 appear to have been incorrectly switched round for some reason, i.e. Sudden does what Hidden ought to do and vice versa. If this glitch gets fixed during the sponcon, change Sudden to Hidden.

- I personally do this by using the arrow keys on the numpad, i.e. 2 4 6 8. Also I lower my speedmod. That's my advice. Take it or leave it.

- You guys should buy bitcoins.

You have 2 days and 15 hours. Starting...... NOW.

Theorem: If you have a large enough number of monkeys, and a large enough number of computer keyboards, one of them will sight-read AAA death piano on stealth. And the ffr community will forever worship it. Proof Example

ask me anything here

mashed FCs: 329

r1: 5
r2: 4
r3: 6
r4: 8
r5: 3
r6: 5
r7: 15
final position: 4th
Zapmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 09:12 PM   #2
Hakulyte
the Haku
Retired StaffD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Default Re: SponCon - Alternative Playstyle

Ohi, I don't know what I'm doing.

Edit: Strange, when you go in settings of a replay after quitting out the song, it acts as if you didn't use any Game Mods.

It does the same for your replay as well so, I'm assuming it's a bug.

tl;dr: Replay automatically uncheck every box with Game mods.

Last edited by Hakulyte; 03-24-2016 at 09:18 PM..
Hakulyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2016, 10:25 PM   #3
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

As someone who will not be participating, I feel compelled to say this:

Before we get too far, might I mention how some certain unsavory individuals would find it easy to cheat in this contest. Here is a simple example that would pass all your tests, yet I did not complete the challenge as intended:

With easier songs as required, It would be even easier to get away with than what I did here.
Even video proof might not be sufficient, I'm afraid.

Cheers.

Last edited by rushyrulz; 03-24-2016 at 10:29 PM..
rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 05:31 PM   #4
Zapmeister
FFR Player

bleh. well this contest was a brick

hakulyte gets 50000 credits. he doesn't have to be concerned about the game mods not showing in options, as i can see all of them at the end of the replay next to the speed mod. nice replays.

rushyrulz gets half a million credits for a stunningly amazing replay of a kidney stone with these mods, but he loses 499993 of them for admitting to cheating. he got too greedy.

i'm assuming the cheat he's talking about without referencing it in his post is the dual monitor setup, where a user has two monitors (WHO THE FUCK IS RICH ENOUGH TO BUY TWO FUCKING MONITORS??) and has the song playing under their usual settings on one monitor and the weird settings on another, and can thus read it normally. i've thought about this for a while, and the only solution i can come up with to get around this is to additionally impose the scramble mod as well as all the rest of the mods. i'd have to reduce the difficulty range somewhat, maybe to the 7-13 range. the major downside of this is that you cannot save replays on scramble. so, since screenshots don't show scroll direction or noteskin, i'd have to enforce video recording, and i don't have enough disposable credits to convince people to go to the trouble of doing that.

who the fuck is voting all of the above? you guys are not only absolutely crazy, but you might have trouble finding someone to date to reciprocate those extremely specific preferences. anyway i'm going to add 190+ t-shirts, a tutu, a body zorb and a wheel of cheese amongst other things to my next shopping list.

Theorem: If you have a large enough number of monkeys, and a large enough number of computer keyboards, one of them will sight-read AAA death piano on stealth. And the ffr community will forever worship it. Proof Example

ask me anything here

mashed FCs: 329

r1: 5
r2: 4
r3: 6
r4: 8
r5: 3
r6: 5
r7: 15
final position: 4th
Zapmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 10:44 PM   #5
rushyrulz
Digital Dancing!
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

1) You say I admitted to cheating.
Dude, no shit. I did that to warn you about a painfully easy way to cheat at your contest and take all your prize credits. Freaking out about me alerting you to a possibility of cheating and then going on to be like I WAS GONNA GIVE YOU HAVE A MIL BUT NO I'M TAKING IT AWAY NOW YOU CHEATER is honestly quite stupid and ignorant.

2) You say I am being greedy
a. I don't need your credits

b. I said in my original post that I'm not participating so wtf are you even talking about????

I was honestly expecting a "Thanks for pointing that out to me" or a "Maybe I didn't think this all the way through". Instead you post a tirade in this thread, on my comment wall, and the icing on the cake is in the comment section of the 7-credit transfer in the log. I already responded to said tirade on your comment wall, so no need to repeat it here.

I'm event staff for a reason. Try not to go aggro mode next time someone tries to help you out.

rushyrulz is offline   Reply With Quote