Old 06-21-2012, 04:39 PM   #41
Bynary Fission
Retired One-Hander
FFR Veteran

Default Re: FFR Community Pack Summer 2012 Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonid View Post
you are supposed to play the main chart (heavy) bynary >_>
I'd get wrecked, just saying. I will acknowledge that I can't be subjective on files that I suck at so I played Standard to give it more of a fair review...that and I'm too out of practice to play it anyways haha.

https://soundcloud.com/bynary-fission/tell-us-who-you-are-battle-tower-royale-character-creation-screen
Bynary Fission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:39 PM   #42
sticklydude
r.i.p. tiny hippo
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to sticklydude

itt bynary crushes self esteems.

good thing you left right before my file <:
sticklydude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:41 PM   #43
t-rogdor
tane orb

Send a message via Skype™ to t-rogdor

yo binary just a heads up: i don't step brostep files to be good
I saw a flyer on a bulletin board at school asking for high-functioning aspergers/autism people to participate in some kind of experiment, and all I could think was, that sounds like a great place to meet girls.
t-rogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:41 PM   #44
leonid
I am leonid
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music ProducerD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

it's layered heavier than standard as you wanted it to be and is not REALLY GAY unless you insist on playing using three fingers
(moreover, it's the main chart; standard is just a placeholder i took like 20 min to finish)

Proud member of Team No
leonid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:45 PM   #45
Bynary Fission
Retired One-Hander
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonid View Post
it's layered heavier than standard as you wanted it to be and is not REALLY GAY unless you insist on playing using three fingers
(moreover, it's the main chart; standard is just a placeholder i took like 20 min to finish)
...that might explain why I'd get wrecked, that or the fact that I've basically played no Stepmania in the past month. But I can review Heavy later if you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rogdor View Post
yo binary just a heads up: i don't step brostep files to be good
Hey, fine by me. But I'm nothing if not honest in the way I think about a file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sticklydude View Post
itt bynary crushes self esteems.

good thing you left right before my file <:

We'll see once I do more reviews tomorrow.

https://soundcloud.com/bynary-fission/tell-us-who-you-are-battle-tower-royale-character-creation-screen
Old 06-21-2012, 04:49 PM   #46
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFR4EVA_00 View Post
don't play my file it's some stupid unplayable bullshit that i made in 2 hours and gd accepted because he doesn't give a **** about making decent packs
???

don't know you at all so can't tell if serious
dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:52 PM   #47
Wineandbread
Custom User Title
FFR Veteran

reviews as they come

this pack is hella big though ):

24th Century Boy
(Heavy) - Thought the jumpjack [12] towards the beginning/early-mid were kind of out of place. The mines at the beginning were unnecessary. Couldn't tell from playthrough if 24th stream on the percussion was accurate or not, hue. I thought there were a few flow issues but otherwise not a bad file.
(Oni) - More or less same review as Heavy. Stream patterns are bleh for me but I suck so don't mind me

532nm
(Heavy) - Wasn't really feeling this file. Poorly watered down from Oni (I assume this is the second chart). I felt like it would have been more appropriate to focus more on the main synth for the easier chart.
(Oni) - Not too bad. Drum buildup mines weren't entirely necessary and while I appreciate your technicality, I think it would have been more enjoyable to open up that column and differentiate patterns in that section. Rest of the file is decent.

Abstract Art
(Standard) - Tight file. Thought it was pretty fun. Nothing much else to say.
(Heavy) - Nothing really to say, good file. One little thing that irked me was the holdjacks in the beginning; I know you were emphasizing the high-hat but it was kinda hard to read on my noteskin when I was playing lol x)

Acchi de Kocchi de
n1 bg
(Standard) - A bit repetitive due to length but surprisingly fun.
(Heavy) - Kinda dumpy. Standard is a more appropriate chart imo. Some of the hold patterns were ugh to hit, but again I'm bad. Still decent though.

Activation Synthesis Theory
this is a restep right
(Standard) - Pretty cool. Pretty hard pain for a standard xd. I feel this is probably bordering on a marathon file. After playing the other two difficulties, I think you should have simplified this farther cause the difficulty gap between the standard and heavy is not very large tbh (or maybe I just don't remember enough places that were different cause they all seemed basically in the middle somewhere where you added a few jumps)
(Heavy) - Nice.
(Beginner) - dat techinical. I didn't really play this (i know I'd fail) but I looked at it with FailOff. Fine as a beginner scoring file I guess.

Advent of Purinou ! Satan-sama
(Standard) - Fine. I remember having a minor complaint about something but I forget now so (o:
(Heavy) - Fun.
(Oni) - Fun.
We climb up a lot of ladders, and fall down a lot of chutes.

Taking "all" oddjobs! PM me requests. Requests filled: 2 last active Mar. 6th, 2017

Keep it real pls. Will deny requests I cannot manage.

Wineandbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:54 PM   #48
Choofers
FFR Player
FFR Music Producer

\o/ my files are also bad (vortex lol)
Old 06-21-2012, 04:55 PM   #49
WTFBrandon
Shout out to Hades
FFR Veteran

Who is LegendaryHawk.

He had amazing song choice... But the files are another thing.
Old 06-21-2012, 04:56 PM   #50
Bynary Fission
Retired One-Hander
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wineandbread View Post
Activation Synthesis Theory
this is a restep right
(Standard) - Pretty cool. Pretty hard pain for a standard xd. I feel this is probably bordering on a marathon file. After playing the other two difficulties, I think you should have simplified this farther cause the difficulty gap between the standard and heavy is not very large tbh (or maybe I just don't remember enough places that were different cause they all seemed basically in the middle somewhere where you added a few jumps)
(Heavy) - Nice.
(Beginner) - dat techinical. I didn't really play this (i know I'd fail) but I looked at it with FailOff. Fine as a beginner scoring file I guess.
It's not a re-step - it's the same file that was in UEMP1. Playing Standard again I won't disagree with your assessment regarding the gap between it and Heavy, since the difference between the two was mostly in pattern simplification. I did remember enough of a difference between the two to keep them as they were but thinking about it again I'd probably have simplified it more. Glad you liked it by the way.

Old 06-21-2012, 04:56 PM   #51
eastsideman09
poker face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bynary Fission View Post
Come On (eastsideman09): Wow, I am SO glad I didn't play this on x-mod lmao. Seriously fun file dude, though I wish you'd layered in a bit more stuff (like that one section with the swing). But this is still pretty awesome. 6.5/10

At least watch it on autoplay with xmod lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arntonach View Post
wow ur pretty
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGiggles View Post
caring should be a get-outable offense
eastsideman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:57 PM   #52
ScylaX
urararararararara
FFR Music Producer

Send a message via MSN to ScylaX Send a message via Skype™ to ScylaX

Foutredieu it's taking forever for me to downroad it.
I'll make sure to review ALL OF IT. (one difficulty each heh I still have a life too!)
So like that nobody's jealous right.
Right.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:52 PM   #53
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Bingo Highway (bmah): I played Heavy. Hard pain, lmao. Pretty well-crafted, though too hard to be fun haha. I also felt a few of the jumpy parts were out of place (mostly that one dump part) and the copy/paste was lazy but this is a pretty awesome boss file. You sure like kirby music, don't you? 6/10
Are you sure you didn't play Oni? Because that's what it seems like you were referring to. Or maybe playing Heavy was too much one-handed. Oh, and this is from Sonic Heroes, not some Kirby game lol.

@ANYONE WHO PLAYS THIS FILE: DO NOT REVIEW BASED ON MY ONI CHART ALONE!!! I personally find Heavy and even Standard really quite fun. The Oni chart was for kicks, but I couldn't hide it as an edit or beginner difficulty for this pack.

If you're playing this one-handed, I want you to go back and try it on Standard. I can't see myself playing this on a harder difficulty with one hand. This is one of the few files that I've enjoyed playing on all difficulties, so you might enjoy Standard.

Quote:
DON'T WAKE ME FROM THIS DREAM (2010 Summer Edition) (bmah): I played Heavy (inadvertently, I was writing a review for another song and got sucked into this). I was shocked to see that you made this...it's such an awful file. Repetitive, boring, and filled with really stupid freezes for like 90% of the file. No, no, no. Bad song choice too. 2.5/10
It's called experimentation, and I don't regret experimenting one bit. If you were shocked that I made this, then maybe you should experiment a bit more yourself to see what works and what doesn't. You can't stay within your comfort zone forever.
I've never made a mine-based file before, and for some reason, a number of people are really quite attached to mine-dodging files such as trogdor's Died This Way or icyworld's PSYCHE PLANET GT or Firepower. If this is not how to make a mine-dodging file, let me know how.
The other highlight of this song was the fact that it contained some of the longest freeze arrows I've ever seen, certainly the longest freezes I've made in files. The song is indeed repetitive, so various mine patterns were how I tried to make it different. This file you will either hate or love. I know I used to hate mines a lot, but I've come to attempt various styles of stepping.

Try getting out of your own comfort zone.

Last edited by bmah; 06-21-2012 at 06:06 PM..
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:15 PM   #54
Bynary Fission
Retired One-Hander
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmah View Post
Are you sure you didn't play Oni? Because that's what it seems like you were referring to. Or maybe playing Heavy was too much one-handed. Oh, and this is from Sonic Heroes, not some Kirby game lol.

@ANYONE WHO PLAYS THIS FILE: DO NOT REVIEW BASED ON MY ONI CHART ALONE!!! I personally find Heavy and even Standard really quite fun. The Oni chart was for kicks, but I couldn't hide it as an edit or beginner difficulty for this pack.

If you're playing this one-handed, I want you to go back and try it on Standard. I can't see myself playing this on a harder difficulty with one hand. This is one of the few files that I've enjoyed playing on all difficulties, so you might enjoy Standard.
...I wrote that review right after playing it, I'm pretty sure I know which chart I played. I'm out of practice so Heavy was harder than it would have been a month ago (most of the stuff is easily doable for me), I played Heavy since I knew Oni was the super-difficult boss file, and even at my best I probably couldn't do it. :P

Quote:
It's called experimentation, and I don't regret experimenting one bit. If you were shocked that I made this, then maybe you should experiment a bit more yourself to see what works and what doesn't. You can't stay within your comfort zone forever.
I've never made a mine-based file before, and for some reason, a number of people are really quite attached to mine-dodging files such as trogdor's Died This Way or icyworld's PSYCHE PLANET GT or Firepower. If this is not how to make a mine-dodging file, let me know how.
The other highlight of this song was the fact that it contained some of the longest freeze arrows I've ever seen, certainly the longest freezes I've made in files. The song is indeed repetitive, so various mine patterns were how I tried to make it different. This file you will either hate or love. I know I used to hate mines a lot, but I've come to attempt various styles of stepping.

Try getting out of your own comfort zone.
Then it wasn't very good experimentation. I'm nothing if not honest in the way I feel about a file, and there is no need to tell me to get out of my comfort zone - I didn't think it was a good file, and that's that. I appreciate different forms of stepping, but that doesn't make it good you know.

Also, I played it with mines off (I fully admit it, I'm not man enough to play with them on ). I had no idea that was a mine file - I judged it solely based on the characteristics of the notes themselves, which ultimately is what every file should be, even ones with mines.

Old 06-21-2012, 06:20 PM   #55
xferrarix
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to xferrarix

tbh if you submit a file to a pack that more than just the judges for that pack are going to play you should expect harsh criticism somewhere

if one user doesnt like your file it doesnt mean everyone hates it so try not to get offended or annoyed if someone doesnt like it
xferrarix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:31 PM   #56
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Then it wasn't very good experimentation. I'm nothing if not honest in the way I feel about a file, and there is no need to tell me to get out of my comfort zone - I didn't think it was a good file, and that's that. I appreciate different forms of stepping, but that doesn't make it good you know.
I was more or less referring to your statement "I was shocked to see that you made this". By that I presume one would expect me to stick with what I know and make the same sort of files I've been making in the past. I'm glad you can appreciate different styles of stepping, but it sure sounded like you expected one thing out of me.

More importantly, as I've quoted earlier:

Quote:
Yeah, I made a very hardpain chart for Bingo Highway, but I put it as the Oni. The unfortunate part is that people here tend to review the hardest chart and base their reviews off of that. Some people even turn off mines and still make reviews, despite mines being integral to many files (hey wc).

guys, review sensibly!!!
Quote:
Also, I played it with mines off (I fully admit it, I'm not man enough to play with them on ). I had no idea that was a mine file - I judged it solely based on the characteristics of the notes themselves, which ultimately is what every file should be, even ones with mines.
Well there's your problem. You're going to get an extremely plain chart without mines (only appears in heavy). I don't know why people turn off mine when they REVIEW charts. That's like writing a math test without knowing some of the formulas. You're missing a great deal from it.

I saw this coming from a mile away and am still miffed that people still review files without turning on the essential components. Put freezes on. Put mines on. Then review.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xferrarix View Post
tbh if you submit a file to a pack that more than just the judges for that pack are going to play you should expect harsh criticism somewhere

if one user doesnt like your file it doesnt mean everyone hates it so try not to get offended or annoyed if someone doesnt like it
I can take a review. What I don't take is when people do not play the files as they should be and then base reviews off of that. Or, review solely off the hardest chart assuming that any other difficulty would be boring. It is no less ridiculous than someone making a review on a negative bpm xmod file while trying to play it with cmods.

Last edited by bmah; 06-21-2012 at 06:57 PM..
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 06:31 PM   #57
WTFBrandon
Shout out to Hades
FFR Veteran

I did one of those review things. If you think i'm an asshole rant @ me. Just saying what I tink brodren.

24th Century Boy - Sounded fun. File was terribad. No offence.

Abstract Art - I still like the first version of this file better. Felt too easy. I like how the first file was hard as fuk. Felt like how a death metal song SHOULD be stepped and played. HARD & METAL AS FUK GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

AVALON - Was not dissapointed. Amazing.

Battlefield - Ugh, dubstep in stepmania that's not xmod. I gave it a shot. Hated it. No offence... ;\
BattleJam - Fun. Only thing I have to say is there were a lot of extra notes that didn;t need to be placed. Like all the noises that can't be heard unless you slow the file down. I used to do it too so ;\. Regardless. Good song choice.

BONAMANA - Wasn't stepped bad. Just wasn't that enjoyable to me, too slow brodren.

buki - Fun.

Come On - Amazing. I want to kiss you. On the lips.

Couple Breaking - Good song, bad file again. *sigh*

EXE - Fun, just dissapointed there wasn't a oni for this... It would have been so gooooooooood D:

Grave Consequence - Ugh, GD. Never makes a file I don't enjoy anymore. Deff not dissapointed. Good song and file.

Healing Vision RMX - One of my fav old ass files. Oh my god this sucks. I hated it. Prob even more than that 24th Century stuff. the difficulty fluxuated like crazy from missing a million notes to adding invisible ones.

JPEG Jive - Perfect example of you don't need to step every single beat in a song for it to be fun. Fun beat to follow. Epic solo. Overall extremely enjoyable.

Kimi no Heart ni Lock-on - was expecting to enjoy it more than I did because it was bmah. But it was just eh. Would have enjoyed it more if it followed the beat more like the preview music.

Monster - Gay. ******************. Suprisingly I don't even like my own file now... And why is my file offsync slightly. Meh. dgaf.

Neurotoxin - Amazing file. Amazing song choice.

Passage D - Okay.

Queen of Rose - Good, could have been better like added more jumps for the chorus but still enjoyable. Cool to finally see someone step BlazBlue.

The Island Pt. 2 - I stopped playing after about 2 minutes of noticing the song wasn't changing. Turned no auto play to see how long it would drag out for.

Valkyrie Dimension - I had to check who stepped it at first. I thought it was LongGone again. This was awesome. Awesome song choice and file.

Vallista - Soon as I saw LongGone I knew to check it out, even the preview song was amazing.
Wasn't let down. I think I may have a new fav step artitst.

Weapon - Holy shit. Amazing. I think my fav file in the pack. Virt <3

ryukotsuki - What. Gpop makes KB files? I was shocked. It was actually really good. If this is one of your first KB files... It's amazing. Awesome song choice too.
Old 06-21-2012, 06:36 PM   #58
AlexDest
good hot
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

ok passage d neus remix owned

damn carlos
Old 06-21-2012, 06:51 PM   #59
Choofers
FFR Player
FFR Music Producer

waiting for scylaax to post reviews, only way my files will be played xd
Old 06-21-2012, 06:54 PM   #60
AlexDest
good hot
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

here's from what i remember on the spot from the smo plays, i might go in depth on the reviews soon

Activation Synthesis Theory (BynaryFission) - you already know what i think of this file since it was stepped quite a while ago

Battlefield (Rog) - goddamn, beginner was a shitton mess of arrows

Bent Choral (Rog) - not much you can do with the song but it was stepped well

Cadaver Anatomy (Charlo) - old school metal file, really nice

Charging Swarm of Mousketeers (AlexDest) - never thought i'd be able to step NDAD but here ya go

Checking You Out (mi40) - actually stepped nicely, nothing too much to offer from it though

Come on (eastsideman09) - i ****ing love this

Divided By Three (BynaryFission) - really sick even if its old, awesome stuff as always

El Perdedor (iRanch) - this was actually p cool, pr0 spanishmania file

Emotional Scyscraper - World's End (Gundam-Dude & Niko) - could be fun on rates, touhou metal lolll

Excalibur (Conduct) - quadded edit sightread lolll

EXE (Reshiram) - so you're responsible for restepping these songs, nice job though but step better songs pls

EXTERMINATION (moches) - best korean stepartist rite here

Harvest Dance (Anaru & hi19hi19) - this ****ing ruled wow, excellent job

Healing Vision Rmx (Reshiram) - tell me, whats the point of the 192nds

Interrupt (Torrent) - empty beginning with climaxed ending lol

Intro Outro (Valor) - a ha ha u tricked me there good1

London (AlexDest) - i'm actually pretty proud of this file

Magewind (BynaryFission) - only logan would step 1978 jazz, amazing song and file

Monster (WTFBrandon) - keep stepping more pop dude 8)

My Unfortunate Erection (Detrimentalist) - iworerwerhaufhaifh

Mystery Metropolis (Kaneh) - boring

Neurotoxin (LongGone) - this is tons different from my file, not bad

Nightmare Night (megamon88) - dragged on, was p cool of a file

Passage D -Neus Remix- (wc) - loved it, excellent stuff