Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Gaming > Stepmania > Simulator Files
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2012, 10:28 PM   #101
who_cares973
FFR Player

Send a message via AIM to who_cares973 Send a message via MSN to who_cares973 Send a message via Yahoo to who_cares973 Send a message via Skype™ to who_cares973
Default Re: FFR Community Pack Summer 2012 Released

boycotting this pack@!!!!
Old 06-21-2012, 11:49 PM   #102
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

sticklydude and I are playing on spookygames. 74.141.242.243

can't believe I missed the fiesta earlier ;__;
dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:23 AM   #103
Astraia
FFR Player

looooooooool get
Astraia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:25 AM   #104
Tyson ultima
Autismspeaks.gov
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Tyson ultima Send a message via Yahoo to Tyson ultima Send a message via Skype™ to Tyson ultima

RQ back to IIDX
Old 06-22-2012, 12:29 AM   #105
Arntonach
Owlbears Rock!

I hate to sound n00bish, but where could I download 3.95?

It's also nice to know that people are enjoying Chronon, but how's Lake Bestriel?

Last edited by Arntonach; 06-22-2012 at 12:31 AM..
Arntonach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:43 AM   #106
hi19hi19
lol happy
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Played some of this shit.
Avoided most of the Japan/songs I've heard a million times before, honestly I was just playing random stuff that sounded cool to me.
If I didn't play your file I don't hate you personally or anything.

Abstract Art- mathy rhythms, fun JS, challenging but hittable jacks, overall pretty fuccen metal/10

Centipede- Annoying intro that was like half the file and **** the mines in this file were brutal haha I couldn't pass, though I did try my best.
With mines off it was very fun, overall National Geographic Dubstep/10

DON'T WAKE ME FROM THE DREAM- Ohoho I see what you did there. I didn't find it very fun tbh (probably because I'm just bad at mines)

GIGA BREAK- Felt like a Kil file and a Glove file had a baby and that baby was an awesomely stepped prog metal file~

JPEG Jive- Nice background lol
Felt a little too many hold arrows for my tastes and the jump accenting in the melody was strange. Killer steps to the solo section, but I expect that from Kommi :P
Despite my minor complaints this is still like a 9/10 really fun file
As a side note am I the only one who thinks this could have come straight off the Gameboy Pokemon Trading Card Game OST

Neurotoxin- Good clean fun. I really liked the mine and hold usage, which is unusual to hear coming from me haha
Perhaps would have stepped up a few parts a little more, but I can't knock this file that much. Really nice job

Queen of Rose- That difficulty spike 0_o
Overall I really liked the patterns and the song. Great rhythmic variation and flow. I might have toned down the 24th JS a little because man that part is much harder than the rest of the file haha... Blazblue/10

The Sampling Paradise- Sexy song.
Some weird left minijack thing that seemed out of place. Other than that though I loved it. Let's Get Scratchin'/10

Theory of Eternity- The holds in the JS patterns were super hard to read for me, not a fan of that kind of thing. Which is a shame because the JS patterns themselves were a ton of fun. A few random mines that didn't make a whole lot of sense, though mines were well used elsewhere. Despite the hold sections I still found it

Watch Out pt.2- Reminded me of Toph's Beyond the Earth, which is my favorite file ever
Honestly this is a bit inaccurate-feeling at parts, has a few silly patterns, but whatever. I fuccen loved this and I will be playing it again for sure. Make more files like this plz 11/10

Whore- Failed on the mines at the end the first time lol
Really cool breakcore/raggacore song I've never heard of, awesome stuff. Fun steps, nice challenge without being stupid at any point. Also great gfx... not much to complain about really
right in her suckhole/10

hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:52 AM   #107
Emo_Saur_
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via Skype™ to Emo_Saur_

about to import part two and three into stepmania, then that's all I'll be playing until the official because I suck at this point in time.
Old 06-22-2012, 01:09 AM   #108
bmah
shots FIRED
Global Moderator, User Support, Judge
Global ModeratorFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi19hi19 View Post
DON'T WAKE ME FROM THE DREAM- Ohoho I see what you did there. I didn't find it very fun tbh (probably because I'm just bad at mines)
Hehe, now that's what I'd like to hear. Thanks for trying at least. It's gonna be a polarizing file for sure though. Definitely not easy to play myself.
bmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 02:05 AM   #109
hi19hi19
lol happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmah View Post
Hehe, now that's what I'd like to hear. Thanks for trying at least. It's gonna be a polarizing file for sure though. Definitely not easy to play myself.
Yeah it's a niche file, for those dodgeballers out there I'm sure they will love having a boss file to tackle. For those of us who are mine-challenged it's just like... okay cool idea but nty

Last edited by hi19hi19; 06-22-2012 at 02:08 AM..
hi19hi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:13 AM   #110
dAnceguy117
new hand moves = dab

wow I really really really like this pack. 1/3 in or something like that. will post reviews someday eventually in the future time days or weeks or months from now
dAnceguy117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:24 AM   #111
kommisar
Dark Chancellor
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Music Producer

Send a message via AIM to kommisar Send a message via MSN to kommisar

very pleased by this pack. tons of memorable files. played a little over half the pack in smo last night.

favs so far:

advent of purinpu

battlejam

Extermination (holy **** this owns)

giga break

grave consequence

hanz up

harvest dance (best file in the pack so far)

house of pleasure (looooool yes)

Meteralice (I'm like the only one who loves this)

London

monster <3

my unfortunate errection token shock value file of the pack. stepped way too well for the song

Neurotoxin

Poseidon

yep that's basically 60% of all the files I played. best pack in a while.

also I'd like to see someone AA mizuki lmao

Last edited by kommisar; 06-22-2012 at 03:27 AM..
kommisar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:28 AM   #112
TwistedPhoenix
Forum User

Send a message via Skype™ to TwistedPhoenix

I don't think I'd be cut out as a simfile judge. I put a bit too much emphasis on song choice; even if a file is good, I'd rate some better simply because what song it's stepped to. Like some of these files everyone loves the most, I thought were just okay.
TwistedPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:31 AM   #113
AlexDest
good hot
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Glad to see London being a favorite to some. 8)

My favorites so far (in no particular order):

Come on
Divided By Three
Extermination
Grave Consequence
Harvest Dance
Magewind
My Unfortunate Erection
Passage D -Neus Remix-
The Sampling Paradise
Weapon
Old 06-22-2012, 03:45 AM   #114
Yume_Kuro
FFR Player

now dl ^∇^
Yume_Kuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 03:53 AM   #115
TwistedPhoenix
Forum User

Send a message via Skype™ to TwistedPhoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam-Dude
This one will most likely be the final installment, I don't really have plans to do an FFRCP Autumn 2012.
WHAAAAAT?! How did I miss this the first time? Must have been too busy downloading and getting ready to play...

But really man? If it's real life stuff, then I can understand that, but this pack has brought some really amazing files, and it's been getting better every season, with even more files being submitted. Stopping it right now seems likes a huge waste of potential; if you're unable to coordinate this, then ask for someone else to do it. I really enjoy these packs, and am looking forward to more.

Also, IMO, these packs are great places for people to get some recognition, since there's a lot of people who play them.

So don't stop the pack, keep going with it!
TwistedPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 04:15 AM   #116
Gundam-Dude
`~`

I'm not leaving SM or anything, rofl. The FFR Season packs have been around long enough and I think it's about time for something new. I've been wanting to start a new pack series but I'm still planning/deciding on a name and rules to enforce, etc.

If all else fails I'll fall back to the Autumn pack route.

(Download My Magnum Opus, Solo Kpop Pack!)

My Simfiles (4key & 6key)
Gundam-Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 04:55 AM   #117
codcrille
FFR Player

Miracle Rush crashed my SM for whatever reason.

K never mind, worked when I deleted the bg video.

Last edited by codcrille; 06-22-2012 at 05:04 AM..
codcrille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 05:18 AM   #118
Arntonach
Owlbears Rock!

Miracle Rush works fine over here. Maybe it's because I use 3.9+; those fancy IIDX themes are really nice.

And people, please don't forget about my simfiles please. I'd like to know how the community accepts them as a whole not just "I'm DuDeR and I am the LAW."
Arntonach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:22 AM   #119
moches
FFR Player

played hardest chart unless I state otherwise

20th Century Boy - stepped too rigidly when there are lots of small variations in the songs that could have made for a pretty interesting chart. that said, pattern choice was smart and I still enjoyed this despite it being generic

532nm - very very well done. excellent use of jacks and mines (gasped at the long chain of mines going to the snares) to accentuate the song. only downside is that pattern choice could have been more creative and certain transitions play awkwardly because you're too concerned with consistency to give yourself some leeway. it's fine to layer some things inconsistently or even leave them out as long as the player feels that it's natural. small complaint because this file's still quite fun

Abstract Art - both charts express the song well and are fun to play. some jacks play too rigidly

Acchi de Kocchi de - this is fun at parts but awkward in others; the quads seem like overkill and some of the rhythms you layer cross over in uncomfortable ways. freeze usage and mine usage was great. I think this could have benefitted from a cut.

Activation Synthesis Theory - played Heavy. incredible file for scoring, if really messy. I'd have stepped this almost completely differently, but that's more a matter of personal preference; this is extremely thorough and well-crafted.

Advent of Purinpu - simple but pretty fun. patterns are, in typical Scylaax fashion, flowy but incomprehensible, but who really cares?

AVALON - literally the only things I can say are that the mines in the big chorus feel a bit arbitrary and that I wanted freezes for the horns. the rest is A++ and I want leonid's babies

okay now I'm kinda sick of playing these in a row time to find random files

Battlejam - seriously tense file, keeps you on your toes throughout. really fun

BONAMANA - by far the best thing I've played from you, Raine. flows very well and the little pockets of jacks/mines bring the song out. green notes are a bit of a stretch. pleasant surprise, all in all.

Breaking Through The Gate - this is the kind of file only wc can pull off. a delight from beginning to end. love the song and every element of it is drawn out so well here.

Charging Swarm of Mouseketeers - damn alex. very enjoyable file.

Checking You Out - such a weird way to step this but I think it works quite well. some of the overlapping vocal+instrumental stuff you captured was really effective. one caveat is that you didn't capture much of the percussion, but I think you got the gist of this song with this file. chill and pretty enjoyable.

DON'T HIT THOSE MINES - people who hate the mines will hate this. this is basically Necro's Traces on crack. that said, I'm a sucker for a nice buildup and I enjoyed this--that is, until I failed. wonder if the easy difficulty is any better?

El Perdedor - tbh, didn't enjoy this much at all. feels ridiculously overstepped and the bursts, while fun, don't fit with the chill vibe.

EXE - there's a noticeable effort to bring out the piano in this, which I appreciate a lot, but I think you could have gone even farther. maybe switching those minifreezes over into green notes or applying some liberal use of mines would have helped. that said, I still enjoyed this quite a bit; a great update on a old classic that manages to be varied and interesting throughout.

will play more later, but excellent pack so far.

EDIT:

Grave Consequence - holy shit Gundam

Poseidon - this was incredibly fun hahaa. old-school done right. might be one of my favorite files so far actually

RAMUA - this song has been lacking a good file for years now, and this delivers for the most part. that said, I'm still slightly underwhelmed...there's a real elegance to this song that I don't feel this file fully expresses. could be better, but still pretty good

Last edited by moches; 06-23-2012 at 01:07 AM..
moches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:36 AM   #120
Reshiram
The Vast White Note

Send a message via AIM to Reshiram Send a message via Yahoo to Reshiram Send a message via Skype™ to Reshiram

Quote:
Originally Posted by moches View Post
EXE - there's a noticeable effort to bring out the piano in this, which I appreciate a lot, but I think you could have gone even farther. maybe switching those minifreezes over into green notes or applying some liberal use of mines would have helped. that said, I still enjoyed this quite a bit; a great update on a old classic that manages to be varied and interesting throughout.

I dunno, I didn't feel mines to really be necessary, but I understand the thought of switching over to green notes.

And yeah, that's really what I went for with it, a modern file for a classic song.