Old 06-29-2013, 02:04 AM   #1
Netjet!
Sic itur ad astra
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Netjet! Send a message via Skype™ to Netjet!
Default Need advice

not anymore!

Last edited by Netjet!; 02-10-2020 at 10:35 AM..
Netjet! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:30 AM   #2
BOSS_pjpaveloffga
FFR Veteran
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to BOSS_pjpaveloffga
Default Re: Need advice

sex

Judge 1, Difficulty Cap of 9, etc

BOSS_pjpaveloffga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 02:31 AM   #3
Doug31
Falcon Paaaauuuunch!!!!!!
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Doug31

Learn to connect with people better.
Old 06-29-2013, 02:34 AM   #4
Frank Munoz
Vophie
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

I don't really have advice for this because, I slightly have this problem but -
In my view, it's more of a self discovery to overcome.. yourself.

I've buried lotsa depression by simply thinking everything through and sometimes just plain dealing with it.
But, I hate to say this, I still have oppressed depression.

Whether it be because of a friendship problem that I feel still has yet to be resolved months ago, or the feeling that I am doing nothing with my life.
Or, even in the same case as you are, feeling that everyone is better than me all the time; and even vise-versa.

Again, I have no advice for this dilemma.
But, I am animating myself to embrace every emotion [anger, depression, etc] because I feel that life is great now.
Even when my ex attempts to degrade me once again, or some asshole customer is being himself, I will appreciate it.
Even in heartbreak, losing a job, when I'm depressed, mad, hungry, and in death, I will always try to indebt myself because I can learn from it.
Because as much as I hate to remember these epochs (here comes the cliche) they painfully developed the mediocre music producing, D5 FFR player that I am.

I'm not one to tell anyone to do something; I believe that people live based on their own choice to imbibe or reject any information or carry out any actions.
But, from what I know of, all anyone can do about a seemingly bad interval in their life is to attempt to learn from it.
Even with something as active as depression.
That just shows someone how much they can learn imo.
Old 06-29-2013, 03:26 AM   #5
Senip
Forum User

Breaking depression works well with sleeping at night and exercise.
Senip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:43 AM   #6
justin_ator
🥓<strong><span style="col
Resident Overseer
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senip View Post
Welp, I'm screwed then cause I don't get much sleep and when I do it's not at night..
justin_ator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 03:44 AM   #7
Frank Munoz
Vophie
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
This honestly works the best.
(the sleeping part works shitloads as well cause at night is when emotions arise and it's bullshit)
Old 06-29-2013, 04:22 AM   #8
PaperclipGames
Mrow~
FFR Veteran

Send a message via MSN to PaperclipGames Send a message via Skype™ to PaperclipGames

Quote:
This.

Also, small little things can help sometimes. Helping other people out randomly. Or stuff like doing volunteer work. These things in a way do make you feel a little bit better about yourself. I've always been too lazy to do such things back when I think it would have helped me a lot, but I wish I would have. I still plan on doing so when I have some time to spare.

948 AAAs | 1461 FCs | 549 TPs | 7 FMO AAAs
Skype: paperclipgames | Steam: alegiano | Last.fm: Alegiano | Ask.fm: Clippysan | Facebook: LINK
Best AAAs: Exciting Hyper Highspeed Star (69), Nous (69), Pure Ruby (68), Heavenly Spores (68), Ambient Angels (66), Within Life (66), Defection (66) Southern Cross (65)
PaperclipGames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:16 AM   #9
DossarLX ODI
Batch Manager
Game Manager, Song Release Coordinator
Game ManagerSimfile JudgeFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

It could also be frustration from not being able to control many things in the world -- ideally we wouldn't want starvation, poverty, corruption, etc. but it happens and many bad people get away with cruel acts. The question is how you control having knowledge of these terrible things. Every time something good happens to me my dad usually comes back to my mind and then I feel like utter shit -- it reminds me of what happened back when I was 12 and younger, and those were the days where I almost committed a murder because of how fucked up my family made me. Luckily that's turned around (my mindset that is), but I still am torn from it.

What I also would recommend is figure out what you DO have control over. Can you encourage your friends and be supportive? Are you willing be to someone that is easy to approach and talk to? Rather than thinking about just yourself, seeing other people accomplish good things can also help a down attitude.

Sleeping at 4 am is also a big issue unless you have a night job or something.

Last edited by DossarLX ODI; 06-29-2013 at 08:19 AM..
DossarLX ODI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 08:27 AM   #10
Wayward Vagabond
Confirmed Heartbreaker
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

I wouldnt say so much sleeping at night but sleeping 7-8 hours. I've been working night shift for 3 years so it isn't so much sleeping at night. Unless I have been depressed this entire time and just didn't know it.
Old 06-29-2013, 09:49 AM   #11
Banned
FFR Veteran

get yourself a girlfriend and tell her all sorts of cute stuff and she'll tell you all sorts of cute stuff
top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:25 AM   #12
Spenner
Forum User
Retired Staff

Send a message via MSN to Spenner Send a message via Skype™ to Spenner

You're comparing yourself with the rest of the pack too much.

Planet earth is a one of a kind gem in the infinitesimal sky, and the fact that your human life exists is a true miracle of circumstance. Don't take for granted this great privilege you possess to live this life, whereas nothing else in the universe really has the chance to. A distant asteroid billions of lightyears away, could it feel depression or sadness, would be truly ecstatic! You're a lucky, talented part of this world for being so complex, so emotionally rich, and detailed.

When you're around people you believe are better, in your case, perhaps you don't believe they're good, but you just believe yourself to be worse. Moderate that irrational babbling; being good at something is ingrained in all our potential. Maybe it won't be basketball, calculus, abstract artwork, but something inside you is the thing which you do best. Moderate the thoughts that say "You are worse at this than somebody else". That is preventing you from proving yourself wrong, and you really can.

All in all just try to think outside the box, on a grandeur scheme, it keeps me grounded when I feel depressed. The life I'm in right now is a privilege above all others, whether you believe it to be religiously brought here, through evolutionary action and some circumstantial events, or something of your own ideas; feel comfortable with the idea that this life is precious. Disregard the human bias of "but I don't feel good", and think more in a 3rd person perspective, as if you're witnessing your life happening, and think of the family we are a part of. There's no need to compete to feel better than the next person, do what you love to do, and love to get better at it.

Spenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 11:32 AM   #13
Snowcrafta
V's beta-male entourage

Send a message via AIM to Snowcrafta

Being nocturnal is the worst thing anyone can do. When I used to work the night shift at the hospitals, I generally didn't want to go out during my days off, I got sick more often, was more likely to drink/use drugs, and was 90% less social than I am now

Forcing myself away from a computer (I use a tablet now) meant that I didn't have the option to run away to video games to try to cheer me up. That was probably the most significant thing I did to change my life, and everything else comes with time.

There is no quick fix for depression, so take your time and build yourself back up brick by brick