Old 12-13-2017, 01:26 AM   #581
blindreper1179
Vice President Of TGB
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to blindreper1179 Send a message via Skype™ to blindreper1179
Default Re: TWG CLXXIV - Sounds Like You've got a Problem. - Game Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradiant View Post
Either way though, I don't like blind. Any sort of defense post he has is simply a "well i'm town so you're wrong", and not any sort of effort in refuting the points
I said that one time. ONCE. do any of you read my posts? I don't even have a lot and yet I get asked redundant questions if you took TWO minutes to ISO me three quarter of the questions wouldn't be asked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by choof View Post
It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
Quote:
whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now
Old 12-13-2017, 01:36 AM   #582
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundbox View Post
@BLIND

ignoring the probability of the top two lynch candidates being t/w (which is pretty ridiculous considering they were KITB with TWO WHOLE VOTES), why do you think there is 100% a wolf in wnb since wv flipped green?
hey blind you missed this
Old 12-13-2017, 01:40 AM   #583
blindreper1179
Vice President Of TGB
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to blindreper1179 Send a message via Skype™ to blindreper1179

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindreper1179 View Post
Town
Gradiant, obviously
Myself, obviously
Town read
Lar
Star
Null/ town of I had to pick
Rueben
Sun
Force
Null/ wolf of I had to pick
InD
Round
Mellon
Wolf read
Wine. Obviously, my vote post I give a pretty obnoxious reason, but it may be that I've never really played with wnb, but something doesn't rub right.
Hey round, you missed this. IT'S LIKE I SAID IF YOU TOOK TWO MINUTES TO ISO ME, YOU WOULDN'T OF HAD TO ASK THAT QUESTION.
Quote:
It was like trying to throw logic at a fuckin brick wall lmao
Quote:
whats more dense, a black hole or an icyworld file
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celirra View Post
I've never been so disappointed by a man from Alabama than I am right now
Old 12-13-2017, 01:45 AM   #584
Gradiant
FFR's Resident Trashpanda
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorD7 Elite KeysmasherFFR Veteran

Quote:
You're thinking wrong, but ok.
Quote:
That hurts sun. I don't see that being out of town play being I'm town, but you don't know that yet.
Quote:
If you think I'd kill funny last night, that's funny.
didn't flat out say you were town here but it is a pretty garbage attempt at refuting why somebody would vote you
Quote:
I don't care
didn't flat out say you were town here but it is a pretty garbage attempt at refuting why somebody would not like your post there
Quote:
Town
Myself, obviously
Quote:
I said that one time. ONCE. do any of you read my posts? I don't even have a lot and yet I get asked redundant questions if you took TWO minutes to ISO me three quarter of the questions wouldn't be asked.
Maybe you get asked redundant questions because your responses are so bad? You have almost no content posts and the ones you do have are pitiful. People responding to what little content posts you have made are either met with nothing, or a 'i'm town and you're wrong' mentality like i mentioned, or a 'i don't care'.
Old 12-13-2017, 01:45 AM   #585
Gradiant

I hope you're posting ben
Old 12-13-2017, 01:45 AM   #586
Gradiant

*making posts
Old 12-13-2017, 01:46 AM   #587
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Hey round, you missed this. IT'S LIKE I SAID IF YOU TOOK TWO MINUTES TO ISO ME, YOU WOULDN'T OF HAD TO ASK THAT QUESTION.
Quote:
a kitb missed therefore wineandbread is wolf.

easy peasy.
your post doesn't really answer this voting reason, as I can tell

you assert here that the kitb missed, therefore wnb is a wolf
you say in your other post that you felt "something wasn't rubbing right" about wnb

do you actually believe that the kitb missing makes wnb a wolf here, or is it your "not rubbing right"? or both?
Old 12-13-2017, 01:46 AM   #588
Gradiant

Quote:
like this is an example. 'not rubbing right' doesn't eqqual 100%, and instead of considering this and trying to build on it further, you throw a tantrum and complain that nobody iso's you.
Old 12-13-2017, 01:47 AM   #589
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gradiant View Post
I hope you're posting ben
I'm reading right now.

Not happening now! Don't click to join!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spenner View Post
(^)> peck peck says the heels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX
And god made ben, and realized he was doomed to miss. And said it was good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakvvv666
awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing
Old 12-13-2017, 01:48 AM   #590
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

Although I'm reading at the rate of molasses, sorry about that. Will def have a post later tonight.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
awww :< crushing my dreams; was looking foward to you attempting to shoot yourself point blank and missing
Old 12-13-2017, 01:53 AM   #591
roundbox
Gᴇᴛ ᴀ ɢʀɪᴘ ᴜ ɴᴇʀᴅ
FFR Veteran

more tomorrow, I need sleep
Old 12-13-2017, 04:11 AM   #592
reuben_tate
Kawaii Desu Ne?
Retired StaffFFR Veteran

alright, almost caught up except for star's long post (sorry >.<). I was in the middle of catching up on D0 towards EOD and didn't quite finish everything. I tell myself I'll read it later during the night phase but that didn't happen (because I'm a lazy piece of shit Dx)...so I pretty much just sat down and read the last sections of D0 and all of what's happened in D1 just now.

Anyways, I'm reading the notes I took as I read through the thread and I honestly feel like I'm drawing a blank and that any reads list I post probably wouldn't be satisfactory (to anyone, myself included). Idk, just gonna post some thoughts/observations/ideas/etc I had.

-In regards to the FG kill, I'm of the opinion that what most likely happened was that the wolves were trying to blue hunt and failed. MML was trying to go for a FG lynch so I can understand how at first glance how one would think it would be more wise for the wolves to kill someone else and to let MML continuing pursuing FG during D1. In weighing the two options, the wolves probably thought that MML wouldn't get very far with trying to get others to lynch FG in D1 (since everyone else either read FG as null or town) so I can see the wolves going for the FG kill if they had a strong gut feeling that she was blue. That still leaves the issue with wolves not going for the IC (Gradiant) but from that, I would guess that wolves felt that the Gradiant wasn't too much of a threat at that moment.

-Gradiant has voted for myself, MML, and Manti. He did but a little bit of pressure on WnB, not too much though. I do think that if a wolf felt threatened by the IC, they would probably go and kill the IC on the first night since none would be the wiser (since it is somewhat "mechanically sound" in many situations). So if anything, I would think the FG kill would make MML look townier as a result. As for Manti, I feel like Gradiant mostly policy-voted for Manti due to low post count so that's not something that star-cross would be concerned about if she were wolf since it wouldn't "transfer". I threw WnB in there just because Gradiant did question him regarding the whole randomly vs not-randomly voting which gradiant made sure he answered and if WnB was wolf...maybe he felt threatened by that interaction...idk. It's a bit of a stretch. I would say this line of argument clears myself necessarily just because gradiant's vote on my was really early and felt kinda stupid.

-In regards to not voting on D0, I was still in the process of reading through the thread towards EOD and I didn't want to make a deciding vote or something if my vote would have been uninformed. Also I'm super indecisive and hand out votes like whatever the opposite of candy is. I double checked that phantoms were off two minutes before EOD and ended up being like "whatever".

-As far as WnB is concerned, I've thought that the content of his posts have had a towny vibe to them (including in D0). I agree with some of what starcross has said in regards to a lot of the content of his posts having a genuine feel to them and that there are things he said that wolves probably wouldn't say.

-Sunfan has been giving me some weird vibes this phase. MML does make the point that first he goes after mellon only to immediately turn around and drop everything to vote along with star-cross after star-cross's long post. I've yet to read star-cross's long post, so for all I know, perhaps it is VERY convincing so I'll have to go back and make that judgement later. In addition to this though, on D0, he essentially gave me what felt like a free pass since it's been awhile since I've played. I gave him the benefit of the doubt that he wasn't pocketing me then. However, this round, he mentions that he thinks that wolves are among the non-voters (which I am), then proceeds later to say that he reads me as town, as if he's conveniently not connecting whatever dots he has. I don't know if I'm just being paranoid, but the whole thing feels weird and pockety.

Anyways, it's 5 in the morning now. That's what I can put into words for now...going to bed...see yall tomorrow~

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-13-2017, 05:14 AM   #593
star-crossed
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by MixMasterLar View Post
I both like the effort in this and think the case against InD is so much of a stretch I don't even know how to go about saying what I find wrong with it.

I think half the problem is that there's a bit of culture shock going on and Star has no fucking idea what InD is going on about (not getting references, understanding InD's early tone, etc), which is weird because if that's true then it would have to also be true with almost everyone in here myself included and that doesn't seem to be the case....not to the same extent.
I do not really think of my long post as a "case." It is more me trying to explain, why I have been having a weird feeling about inD and sun fan. I do think you are right, that some of the stuff I found strange from inD was because I was confused, so I will later need to organize what he cleared up and what he did not, or if I notice anything else from him. I wanted to sleep before I did that, so that I would be less biased. I do feel that labeling it a stretch case, makes it sound like I am trying to make him look bad on purpose or something, and I am surprised you would feel that way because I tried really hard to outline my thoughts specifically. Did you like inD's early tone, or do you just not agree that it is inconsistent? I am also surprised that I was/am not really getting so much of inD's messages, since I have played with him before, which is part of why I sus it. But I also think he tends to use more jargon and jokes and such, than others. Usually it is Freezin who I have the most trouble understanding, but he is not in this one.

Quote:
I never voted Roundbox.
Yes, I figured out later that because I searched for "roundbox" to find the post it showed up as roundbox. I just assumed from that (wrong) context that you had probably voted him before if you were voting him then, since in the post you said you were feeling a bit better about him, and there was nothing in the actual post that indicated you thought he was a mafia. I was very confused that you seemed to be voting him in a post where you said that you said you thought he was a town, but I get it now.

Quote:
It may just be the writing style but this seems way more passive then your case on InD; concerning since SunFan intentionally sheeping is much more tangible then any case you have made on InD.
I am not really satisfied with how he explained his read on InD, and especially because he decided to vote for him with me. I feel that I kind of lost his meaning, from how he was splitting up his ideas into so many posts.
But I see it as quite possibly suspicious and placating behavior. I think I wrote it in a nicer way, because I got such an amped vibe from him at the time.

Quote:
we've discussed TWG strategy quite a bit, and I just spent doing a hydra game with her on MU (wish we got into your game!!)

she's told me a few times about her voting strategy and often times not minding not having a vote out. this applies to the early phases

I'm only answering what I know about her philosophy since you asked. otherwise, I'd let her answer it
OK, but with the context being that she specifically said she wanted to make a "reasonable vote," does that change anything? That is the main reason I am finding it weird that she did not vote. But you make a good point that maybe I should let her respond first.

Quote:
um

1. calling the case a stretch and not providing evidence as to why you don't think so doesn't get us anywhere
2. I would disagree star's having a culture shock here. star has played games on FFR before, and just played hydra with inD on MU. definitely not a "new kid"
3. not sure how insulting sunfan's previous performances makes your point valid, it just comes off as rude, dude
4. and once again, given that star isn't a new kid and you didn't demonstrate how their read is a stretch, how am I supposed to believe this interpretation?

I don't think we've had her as a wolf yet. obviously it's not worth speculating into (because I think she's fine so far) but it's a bit hard to say that it's a meta call when we're missing half of it
Just to clear it up, this is my 4th game of this type of mafia, and I have only been a town person. I do not know if that would be considered "new" compared to the others that I have not played with before. I played in a turbo, the orb game, and then I hydra'd on the Mafia Universe with inDheart.

I would like to look more at T-Force/TWGma, blind, and reuben tonight, but I believe I would be most happy with hanging raeko, inDheart or sun fan. I think Wineandbread is the most likely town, and I have mostly liked MML and roundbox.
Old 12-13-2017, 07:06 AM   #594
the sun fan
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
"all that post was"?
if all your large post was was in some alternate universe you just giving that read on inD, I would think you were townie for giving that read

but there was a bunch of other stuff in there too that I liked as well

that's what I was saying there

FFR is a pretty good place somehow.
Old 12-13-2017, 07:09 AM   #595
the sun fan
FFR Player

Quote:
"welp, we're killing Gradiant because fucking of course we will and I'm just gonna skate because fuck d0"
other stuff notwithstanding, I am rather sure Manti would make the case for killing someone other than the IC on the first night as a wolf.

Old 12-13-2017, 07:11 AM   #596
the sun fan
FFR Player

Quote:
This is absolutely lazy. You vote someone you had as a town because the new kid makes the word's craziest stretch on them and it's "a good place to start"?

Dude what?
Call it what you will, I'd said that I felt like trimming down my town circle, and inD was already trending down before that, so it makes sense imo.

star recently towned with inD as a part of a 2-headed hydra and I would expect them to have good reads on one another after that.

That post is not a stretch imo, so I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that one.

Old 12-13-2017, 07:13 AM   #597
the sun fan
FFR Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by star-crossed View Post
"all that post was"?

If you are meaning what inDheart posted, it was this one

And I will look again after I sleep, at inD's read of funnygirl.

You seem kind of..amped, about my post, from how you followed my vote. Which I appreciate, I think, but I would like it if you would look over it more in the morning and give more specifics thoughts, especially to the other parts about you. It may be that you just didn't have time because you wanted to sleep, but I am a bit concerned, that your enthusiasm is because you are hoping to "pocket" me with it (I think that's what it was called?).
Missed this apparently; yeah I liked the post. Part of it was because voting inD felt right. Kinda just said this but I'll say it again; my town circle was def too large imo and inD was the person that I think needed to be kicked out. The vote still feels right aorn as well.

I'll look over it again because you asked once I am caught up to real time.

Nah, no pocketing here.

Old 12-13-2017, 07:15 AM   #598
the sun fan
FFR Player

Quote:
is this commenting on the nature of her read, or is this making a read on ind?
nature of her read since this apparently wasn't clear

Old 12-13-2017, 07:16 AM   #599
the sun fan
FFR Player

Quote:
3. not sure how insulting sunfan's previous performances makes your point valid, it just comes off as rude, dude
honestly him saying my wolf games have better progression than that is the nicest thing he's ever said to me

Old 12-13-2017, 07:26 AM   #600
the sun fan
FFR Player

that part where you made roundbox's name in red star, I think that looks like a vote

if you didn't mean to vote roundbox, which I assume you didn't, you should probably revote for inD

all the [twgv]name[\twgv] tags really do is make whatever is in the brackets bold and red so that you don't have to type out [b.][color="red']name[/b][/color] every time you want to vote

Closed Thread