Go Back   Flash Flash Revolution > Flash Flash Revolution > FFR General Talk > Bug Reports and Suggestions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2010, 12:00 AM   #1
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin
Default Issues with logging into certain areas of the site

So I've mentioned this in the staff convo a couple times and nobody seems to be able to explain it, so it's clearly not a back-end site issue, and must be something on my side, so I'll post this generally and see if anybody else has a potential fix.

Here's what happens:

I load the forum, I'm not logged in. Enter username and password, click 'remember me' and login. Get the "Thank for you for logging in, Devonin" splash page, redirected to forum, I'm logged in. Exactly how it should be.

Go to FFR the game, no longer logged in. Enter username and password, click 'remember me' and login. Get the "Thank you for logging in, Devonin" splash paged, redirected to the game, not logged in.

Go back to the forums? Logged in. Go to -anywhere- else, game, profile, front page, doesn't matter, I'm not logged in, and entering my login information gives the correct 'thanks for logging in' screen that shows I'm entering the info properly, and then brings me back to the screen, still not logged in.

I've cleared my cache multiple times, which his logged me out of the forum, and logging back into the forum works fine, but ONLY the forum. Not having these issues on any other website, of any sort, games, forums, anywhere, just here, and just for 'not the forums' though it does log me out of the forums if I'm away for more than about 30/45 minutes even though I clicked 'remember me' which used to leave me logged in basically forever.

Using IE8, and no don't tell me to just use another browser. This one is working perfectly everywhere else on the internet.
devonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 12:02 AM   #2
aperson
FFR Hall of Fame
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to aperson
Default Re: Issues with logging into certain areas of the site

get on skype

aperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 12:03 AM   #3
Izzy
Snek
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Default Re: Issues with logging into certain areas of the site

Does it remember log in information for other sites or does it only happen on ffr?

My only guess is that it is an issue related to changing your usergroup to administrator.
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote