Default Re: TWG LXII: Cthulhu Rising

i love the activity in this thread

Old 04-21-2008, 05:26 PM   #202
GamerShadow
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to GamerShadow

Alright, time to turn this game up a notch. It may be nighttime, but I am going to throw down who I think is a wolf and why. If I get wolfed, the info I had is right here in the thread for you guys to use, and if I don't get wolfed, then

EnR, dooey, Manti (who was wolved so that isn't right), and pnt (lynched.)

I'll start with dooey, who has been acting rather suspicious this game. He decides to claim seer night 1. Now, if he truly were the seer, he would not come out at night, whether or not there are counterclaims. He'd get wolfed if there were no other claims, and he'd get lynched if there were, due to the fact that anybody that counterclaims dies along with the original claimer. And if he's a wolf, the real seer will do what he does best and seer him to be a wolf. (If he's MW he'll be seered green which contradicts his seer claim.)

That last paragraph means that dooey would not claim if he really were the seer, and that he is a wolf, who is getting any needed support from his fellow wolves (which is none because nobody has seriously accused him of anything with proof.)

Also, dooey's decision to seer Hoochan, who has not been active at all this game, (he posted saying he would be very busy for some time to come.) is highly suspicious. Why would you waste a seering on somebody who is simply going to be phantoming anyway? If he comes back when we have killed a few wolves, then just lynch him. He'll have nothing to hide behind.

Next is EnR. I had an AIM convo with him night 1. Two things of note here:

TwilightxShade (3:24:48 PM): Hey
RyanFFR (3:25:16 PM): yoo
TwilightxShade (3:25:22 PM): You're in the TWG, right?
TwilightxShade (3:25:26 PM): The one that is going on now
RyanFFR (3:25:40 PM): no
TwilightxShade (3:25:56 PM): Yeah you are...
RyanFFR (3:25:59 PM): rofl
TwilightxShade (3:26:00 PM): 16. EnR (RyanFFR)
RyanFFR (3:26:02 PM): damn it
RyanFFR (3:26:07 PM): I was gunna ask you your role

He tries to trick me into thinking that he is not in the current TWG so he can ask my role. Why? He never claimed human at the start of the game, but I did. So he obviously wants to see if the claim was true. He wouldn't need to know if I was red because all wolves know who the other wolves are from the start of the game. So he wanted to know if I was blue or green. Either way, he knows that he can use me when the wolves have nobody good to kill.

The second point is halfway through the rather short conversation to the end:

TwilightxShade (5:32:20 PM): You know what I just realized
RyanFFR (5:32:25 PM): wut
TwilightxShade (5:32:27 PM): Anybody who is mentioned during an attack
TwilightxShade (5:32:30 PM): can't be a wolf
TwilightxShade (5:32:35 PM): Think about it
TwilightxShade (5:32:40 PM): the wolves are the cloaked figures
TwilightxShade (5:32:41 PM): right?
RyanFFR (5:32:44 PM): yea
RyanFFR (5:32:49 PM): yea but think
TwilightxShade (5:32:53 PM): Anybody who is there isn't a cloaked figure
RyanFFR (5:33:03 PM): the cloaked figures are normal dressed at the time
TwilightxShade (5:33:09 PM): not at night
TwilightxShade (5:33:24 PM): At night, they are cloaked figures
RyanFFR (5:33:26 PM): they got to the kill scene 3 hours after
RyanFFR (5:33:31 PM): in the morning
RyanFFR (5:33:47 PM): they were normal people by then
TwilightxShade (5:33:47 PM): they did? What about the first post?
TwilightxShade (5:33:58 PM): The cloaked figures were in the first post
TwilightxShade (5:34:04 PM): as cloaked figures
TwilightxShade (5:34:46 PM): See?
TwilightxShade (5:34:47 PM): Just as Makilaz finished this ominous pronouncement, the lights in the chapel suddenly cut out. Amidst the shocked screams and cries, four voices intoned loudly

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

The doors of the chapel burst open and everyone fled for their lives, rushing to their homes to lock their doors, and bar their windows. Everyone that is, except for four, dark figures with a dark purpose, and one. Panicked, near to fainting, their first victim, taken just after sunset right out from under the watchful eyes of Man and God.
TwilightxShade (5:35:09 PM): So anybody mentioned in the first post cannot be a wolf
RyanFFR (5:35:36 PM): he picks randomly
RyanFFR (5:35:44 PM): and the roles in the story randomly
TwilightxShade (5:35:58 PM): But how can a person who was clearly mentioned as something in post 1
TwilightxShade (5:36:03 PM): be a cloaked figure in the same post
RyanFFR (5:36:31 PM): k so you're saying mak isn't wolf
TwilightxShade (5:36:55 PM): I believe lito was mentioned in post 1
TwilightxShade (5:36:56 PM): as a doctor
TwilightxShade (5:37:29 PM): pnt is a detective

In the first post of this thread, I missed the part where Devonin says that the roles in the story do not correlate to the roles in the game in anyway. So EnR doesn't say anything about my misperception of the story after I am done asserting my point, and decides to let me think this way to make the false claim and make a complete fool out of myself.
Old 04-21-2008, 06:00 PM   #203
dooey100
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerShadow View Post
Alright, time to turn this game up a notch. It may be nighttime, but I am going to throw down who I think is a wolf and why. If I get wolfed, the info I had is right here in the thread for you guys to use, and if I don't get wolfed, then

EnR, dooey, Manti (who was wolved so that isn't right), and pnt (lynched.)
So both the seer claims and someone who was wolfed are wolves?

Quote:
I'll start with dooey, who has been acting rather suspicious this game. He decides to claim seer night 1. Now, if he truly were the seer, he would not come out at night, whether or not there are counterclaims. He'd get wolfed if there were no other claims, and he'd get lynched if there were, due to the fact that anybody that counterclaims dies along with the original claimer. And if he's a wolf, the real seer will do what he does best and seer him to be a wolf. (If he's MW he'll be seered green which contradicts his seer claim.)
This is hard to follow but I think what you are trying to say is that I shouldn't come out night 1 because I'll get wolved. What about the guard. There is one on this game ya know.

And if you are the seer and someone else claims seer there is no point in seering them, you already know they are a wolf.

Quote:
(which is none because nobody has seriously accused him of anything with proof.)
They still haven't.

Quote:
Also, dooey's decision to seer Hoochan, who has not been active at all this game, (he posted saying he would be very busy for some time to come.) is highly suspicious. Why would you waste a seering on somebody who is simply going to be phantoming anyway? If he comes back when we have killed a few wolves, then just lynch him. He'll have nothing to hide behind.
I seered Hooch on a recomendation

Quote:

Next is EnR. I had an AIM convo with him night 1. Two things of note here:

TwilightxShade (3:24:48 PM): Hey
RyanFFR (3:25:16 PM): yoo
TwilightxShade (3:25:22 PM): You're in the TWG, right?
TwilightxShade (3:25:26 PM): The one that is going on now
RyanFFR (3:25:40 PM): no
TwilightxShade (3:25:56 PM): Yeah you are...
RyanFFR (3:25:59 PM): rofl
TwilightxShade (3:26:00 PM): 16. EnR (RyanFFR)
RyanFFR (3:26:02 PM): damn it
RyanFFR (3:26:07 PM): I was gunna ask you your role

He tries to trick me into thinking that he is not in the current TWG so he can ask my role. Why? He never claimed human at the start of the game, but I did. So he obviously wants to see if the claim was true. He wouldn't need to know if I was red because all wolves know who the other wolves are from the start of the game. So he wanted to know if I was blue or green. Either way, he knows that he can use me when the wolves have nobody good to kill.

The second point is halfway through the rather short conversation to the end:

TwilightxShade (5:32:20 PM): You know what I just realized
RyanFFR (5:32:25 PM): wut
TwilightxShade (5:32:27 PM): Anybody who is mentioned during an attack
TwilightxShade (5:32:30 PM): can't be a wolf
TwilightxShade (5:32:35 PM): Think about it
TwilightxShade (5:32:40 PM): the wolves are the cloaked figures
TwilightxShade (5:32:41 PM): right?
RyanFFR (5:32:44 PM): yea
RyanFFR (5:32:49 PM): yea but think
TwilightxShade (5:32:53 PM): Anybody who is there isn't a cloaked figure
RyanFFR (5:33:03 PM): the cloaked figures are normal dressed at the time
TwilightxShade (5:33:09 PM): not at night
TwilightxShade (5:33:24 PM): At night, they are cloaked figures
RyanFFR (5:33:26 PM): they got to the kill scene 3 hours after
RyanFFR (5:33:31 PM): in the morning
RyanFFR (5:33:47 PM): they were normal people by then
TwilightxShade (5:33:47 PM): they did? What about the first post?
TwilightxShade (5:33:58 PM): The cloaked figures were in the first post
TwilightxShade (5:34:04 PM): as cloaked figures
TwilightxShade (5:34:46 PM): See?
TwilightxShade (5:34:47 PM): Just as Makilaz finished this ominous pronouncement, the lights in the chapel suddenly cut out. Amidst the shocked screams and cries, four voices intoned loudly

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

The doors of the chapel burst open and everyone fled for their lives, rushing to their homes to lock their doors, and bar their windows. Everyone that is, except for four, dark figures with a dark purpose, and one. Panicked, near to fainting, their first victim, taken just after sunset right out from under the watchful eyes of Man and God.
TwilightxShade (5:35:09 PM): So anybody mentioned in the first post cannot be a wolf
RyanFFR (5:35:36 PM): he picks randomly
RyanFFR (5:35:44 PM): and the roles in the story randomly

TwilightxShade (5:35:58 PM): But how can a person who was clearly mentioned as something in post 1
TwilightxShade (5:36:03 PM): be a cloaked figure in the same post
RyanFFR (5:36:31 PM): k so you're saying mak isn't wolf
TwilightxShade (5:36:55 PM): I believe lito was mentioned in post 1
TwilightxShade (5:36:56 PM): as a doctor
TwilightxShade (5:37:29 PM): pnt is a detective

In the first post of this thread, I missed the part where Devonin says that the roles in the story do not correlate to the roles in the game in anyway. So EnR doesn't say anything about my misperception of the story after I am done asserting my point, and decides to let me think this way to make the false claim and make a complete fool out of myself.
He didn't
Old 04-21-2008, 06:19 PM   #204
GamerShadow
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

I know Manti is not a wolf, because he was wolfed. I simply included my four suspicions from the start of this game.

As for the guard comment, how does the guard know if he should come out to you? If there are no counterclaims, the guardian still has to weigh in the fact that revealing himself to you could get him killed, because you could be a wolf.

Also, the guard could be an inactive player. If this is the case, then you have no guardian to hide behind, and you would not reveal yourself so openly if there were no guard to protect you.
---
Quote:
Originally Posted by dooey
He didn't
That only supports my point that EnR is trying to exploit me. (If by "he", you mean EnR. If you meant devonin, read quote below.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by devonin, post 1
Game Note: The "job" of each person in the stories was assigned randomly, using a seperate random generation from the one generating roles, and has absolutely no bearing on roles whatsoever and no connection to roles either.
---
Quote:
And if you are the seer and someone else claims seer there is no point in seering them, you already know they are a wolf.
But how do we know that you are the real seer? The fact that there were no counterclaims makes you even more suspicious.
---
Quote:
Originally Posted by dooey
I seered Hooch on a recommendation
You sure made that sentence vague. Who recommended the seering? Proof of said recommendation? When was this recommendation?
Old 04-21-2008, 06:35 PM   #205
dooey100
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
I know Manti is not a wolf, because he was wolfed. I simply included my four suspicions from the start of this game.

As for the guard comment, how does the guard know if he should come out to you? If there are no counterclaims, the guardian still has to weigh in the fact that revealing himself to you could get him killed, because you could be a wolf.

Also, the guard could be an inactive player. If this is the case, then you have no guardian to hide behind, and you would not reveal yourself so openly if there were no guard to protect you.
---
In general, if there is 1 seer claim on night 1, the guard guards them but doesn't come out to them. (They didn't) Then if no one counter claims, its safe to come out to them. (Pnts counterclaim doesn't count)

Quote:
That only supports my point that EnR is trying to exploit me. (If by "he", you mean EnR. If you meant devonin, read quote below.)

---
You said that EnR let you think that the story had something to do with the roles, but this is false, he said they were random.

Quote:
But how do we know that you are the real seer? The fact that there were no counterclaims makes you even more suspicious.
---
Whether or not I'm the real seer has nothing to do with it. If someone had claimed seer n1, then I wouldn't seer them because I already knew they were a wolf.

Quote:
You sure made that sentence vague. Who recommended the seering? Proof of said recommendation? When was this recommendation?
Manti's recommendation. He also recommended mamimi. I can dig up the convo(s) if you want, but it seems like a waste of time.
Old 04-21-2008, 07:09 PM   #206
meno_rocks123
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to meno_rocks123

since I'm too lazy to find the perfect part of the last three or four posts to quote:
Quote:
someting in the last three or four posts
fyi guard should NEVER come out, even to the seer, unless s/he is about to get lynched.
brb reading the rest.
Old 04-21-2008, 07:10 PM   #207
meno_rocks123
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to meno_rocks123

ninja'd
Old 04-21-2008, 07:26 PM   #208
GamerShadow
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dooey100 View Post
In general, if there is 1 seer claim on night 1, the guard guards them but doesn't come out to them. (They didn't) Then if no one counter claims, its safe to come out to them. (Pnts counterclaim doesn't count)
Fair enough, but how do we know if the guardian is still alive, or active for that matter? If he hasn't revealed himself to anybody yet, then nobody knows who the guardian is. If you decided to take a random guess and seer him, and he came back blue, then you wouldn't reveal that to the public, because then the guardian would get wolfed.

Quote:
You said that EnR let you think that the story had something to do with the roles, but this is false, he said they were random.
Yet he said nothing when I further asserted my point. If he had wanted to correct me, he would have. And no wolf would want to correct an enemy's views if it can help them win the game.

Quote:
Whether or not I'm the real seer has nothing to do with it. If someone had claimed seer n1, then I wouldn't seer them because I already knew they were a wolf.
But yet the fact that you might not be the real seer has everything to do with this. It means that you may have claimed seer to be guarded by the guard, as per what you mentioned in your last post, and the seer would then be left in the open.

Quote:
Manti's recommendation. He also recommended mamimi. I can dig up the convo(s) if you want, but it seems like a waste of time.
Again, fair enough.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:30 PM   #209
flawofhumanity
MMM WATCHA SAY
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to flawofhumanity

Quote:
Fair enough, but how do we know if the guardian is still alive, or active for that matter? If he hasn't revealed himself to anybody yet, then nobody knows who the guardian is. If you decided to take a random guess and seer him, and he came back blue, then you wouldn't reveal that to the public, because then the guardian would get wolfed.
The beauty of the guardian not being known is exactly what you said. No one knows whether he is alive or not. That includes wolves. When the guardian is long dead, the wolves will still be cautious, and consider him alive.

Old 04-21-2008, 09:30 PM   #210
dooey100
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Quote:
Uh, they did reveal themselves to me. I don't see how this makes me a wolf. It might make them an idiot, but it doesn't make me a wolf.

Quote:
Yet he said nothing when I further asserted my point. If he had wanted to correct me, he would have. And no wolf would want to correct an enemy's views if it can help them win the game.
Fair enough

Quote:
But yet the fact that you might not be the real seer has everything to do with this. It means that you may have claimed seer to be guarded by the guard, as per what you mentioned in your last post, and the seer would then be left in the open.
Then why did no real seer come out? Again, Pnt doesn't count.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:34 PM   #211
EnR
Massive flaming dildos.
FFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to EnR Send a message via MSN to EnR

All I read was the fact that gamer thinks I'm something.

1. I was joking around, if you know me better, like most of the other TWGers, I like to joke and be sarcastic. I was just joking saying that I wasn't in the TWG and wanted ur role. xD

Anywayz, not reading the rest RIGHT NOW, shower first xD
Old 04-21-2008, 09:35 PM   #212
EnR
Massive flaming dildos.

O and, wtf, I can be a green, which I am a green, and try to see if you'd tell me your a wolf..
Old 04-22-2008, 12:15 AM   #213
dooey100
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

^^,^ If that was your plan at the time, why wasn't it the first thing that came to your mind?
Old 04-22-2008, 12:19 AM   #214
EnR
Massive flaming dildos.

What do you mean?

Btw, in one of our(me and gamer) he was saying that anyone mentionned in the story can't be wolf because they were there while someone is getting killed, but pnt turned out to be a wolf AND in the story. Gamer was one of the ones mentionned in the first storys too, but yea.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:53 AM   #215
dooey100
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

If, at the time, you were thinking "if I pretend I'm not in the game, mabey he will tell me if I'm a wolf" why wasn't that the first thing to come to your mind when you posted, instead of being an apparent afterthought.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:05 PM   #216
devonin
Very Grave Indeed
Retired StaffFFR Simfile AuthorFFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to devonin Send a message via MSN to devonin

Unbeknownst to any of the folk of this town, even greater forces than those of Great Cthulhu were at work in their panic-stricken streets. Mad followers of Azothoth, a being of untold power and malevolence dwarfing even that of the Great Old Ones such as Cthulhu, had been at work here, feverishly preparing a surprise for those who would dare try to wake the Dreamer.

Their works complete, without the need for ritual killings, or anything else that would betray their intent, these madmen sat back to watch the disaster unfold.

The next day, the usual folk gathered together, bone-weary now from lack of sleep, and the crushing stress of fearing for ones very life. As they began to look around to see who was missing, who had fallen victim to the killers this past night, they all began to notice a slight dimming of the otherwise bright morning sky.

Looking up, they saw a small shadow cast down from above, as though something were in between the sun and the earth.

Thunderstrike asked "Is there supposed to be an eclipse today?"

Before anybody could answer, the shape swiftly grew in size, casting the whole town deeply into shadow and sparking a panic as it began to set in that whatever this was, would soon crash into the town.

EnR and x3Mamimi ran off towards the bomb shelter under the city hall, hoping for safety there, others merely dropped to their knees to pray, or else stood staring dumbly at their impending destruction. For all of them, it was too late. Nothing could stop the destruction being cast down upon them from outside of time.

Cthulhu could not be allowed to wake, and the swiftest expidiant for the greater forces of evil was simply to wipe the town off the face of existence.

The entire town has been destroyed by a meteor sent from outside time and space by minions of the Dread Azathoth, the game is over, everyone loses, nobody wins
Old 04-22-2008, 03:13 PM   #217
Brilliant Dynamite Neon
nobody fiffers anymore.

Send a message via MSN to Brilliant Dynamite Neon Send a message via Yahoo to Brilliant Dynamite Neon

dick knots. I needed those credits.

Thanks for the memories, folks. u da bes
Old 04-22-2008, 04:18 PM   #218
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Devo needs to host more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
Old 04-22-2008, 04:39 PM   #219
thunderstrike687
FFR Player
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to thunderstrike687

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderstrike687 View Post
PS BDN was probably a wolf and that has nothing to do with devonins post for reals
hey look i win

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamaja456 View Post
yea, this subscription giveaway is more fun than watching two lesbians engage in foreplay
Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy_2004
i love a food
Old 05-21-2014, 09:43 PM   #220
DarkManticoreX2
TWG Overlord
FFR Veteran

Send a message via AIM to DarkManticoreX2

Archived 5-21-2014 10:43 PM EST

Quote:
Originally Posted by V
Manti, I apologize for insulting you. Let the record show that I am a prickass douche, and not only that, but that I am a terrible player.
Closed Thread